Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WBA?

Alisson Becker
      9 (12.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.4%)
       Fabinho
      11 (15.1%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (5.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      25 (34.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (6.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      16 (21.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: Dec 31, 2020 06:21:31 pm

Liverpool 1-1 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23887 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Dec 27, 2020 06:46:31 pm
      Origi in the time he came on??

Did he touch the ball, am not sure
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #415: Dec 27, 2020 06:48:07 pm
      Hope all this Ox bashing is just frustration our fans can't be this thick surely can they?

Thick as pigshit if they think he is the reason we didn't win and even created our best chance which should of been buried
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #416: Dec 27, 2020 06:48:08 pm
      Did he touch the ball, am not sure

Good chance he wouldn't have had he played the 90.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #417: Dec 27, 2020 06:48:16 pm
      Hope all this Ox bashing is just frustration our fans can't be this thick surely can they?

It's not so much Ox the game needed someone to pass a ball, unlock a defence, Ox isn't that type of player Shaq is and it didn't need someone who could run just a passer of the ball and that's what was missing today from Hendo, Gini and Jones
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #418: Dec 27, 2020 06:50:06 pm
      Not sure we've any choice but to sign a CB in Jan.
      If anything happened to Fab, we'd be completely screwed.
      Matip is great when fit, but you can't depend on him, and who knows how long he'll be out now.
      Need to get someone in and hopefully hit the ground running.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #419: Dec 27, 2020 06:50:12 pm
      It's not so much Ox the game needed someone to pass a ball, unlock a defence, Ox isn't that type of player Shaq is and it didn't need someone who could run just a passer of the ball and that's what was missing today from Hendo, Gini and Jones

Klopp should have put Ox and Shaq on at the same time.

Putting Origi on at the end was just blind panic desperation.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #420: Dec 27, 2020 06:50:39 pm

Shaq shouldn't have come into the game instead of Ox, he should have come into the game IN ADDITION to Ox. We needed to give them a different look instead of just crossing and Shaq would have provided that. I definitely think that was a mistake from Jürgen to leave Shaq in the bench.
      Redangel

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #421: Dec 27, 2020 06:50:42 pm
      Very harsh on a fella who's given us everything for the last four and a half years. Wasn't his best game but there's no need for such an overreaction.

Not an overreaction at all, the Club want to get it sorted, Gini it seems is not sure, if that is affecting his and therefore our performances, then it is best being sorted. I love Gini, but if he wants to join Koeman, which has widely been reported, I think for all concerned it’s better he goes. I certainly don’t want him to go, I want him to sign, but we’ve seen in the past how an unsettled player can have a negative effect on the team.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #422: Dec 27, 2020 06:51:48 pm
      Not sure we've any choice but to sign a CB in Jan.
      If anything happened to Fab, we'd be completely screwed.
      Matip is great when fit, but you can't depend on him, and who knows how long he'll be out now.
      Need to get someone in and hopefully hit the ground running.

We should sign Shuurs as early as possible in January or at the very least that Kabak guy.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #423: Dec 27, 2020 06:53:15 pm
      Not an overreaction at all, the Club want to get it sorted, Gini it seems is not sure, if that is affecting his and therefore our performances, then it is best being sorted. I love Gini, but if if wants to join Koeman, which has widely been reported, I think for all concerned it’s better he goes. I certainly don’t want him to go, I want him to sign, but we’ve seen in the past how an unsettled player can have a negative effect on the team.

What are you basing him being 'unsettled' and having a 'negative effect' on though? One game against WBA where no one played well? After a long period of him having to play constantly due to so many injuries in the middle of the park?

That's why it's an overreaction.
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #424: Dec 27, 2020 06:53:30 pm

Agree with Shaq but also it was also crying out for someone to take a few efforts from just outside the box instead of these dinked crosses which for the majority don't work .
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #425: Dec 27, 2020 06:54:37 pm
      Very harsh on a fella who's given us everything for the last four and a half years. Wasn't his best game but there's no need for such an overreaction.

No ones bashing him, and I was just saying he was sh*te today and looked like a man with his mind elsewhere. Not saying I’m right and think he’s been quality for us so hope I’m 100% wrong
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #426: Dec 27, 2020 06:55:40 pm
      We should sign Shuurs as early as possible in January or at the very least that Kabak guy.

Whoever it is will likely go straight into the starting XI, so hopefully they can get some quality
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #427: Dec 27, 2020 06:57:21 pm
      Agree with Shaq but also it was also crying out for someone to take a few efforts from just outside the box instead of these dinked crosses which for the majority don't work .

And that is my major frustration with the game, those damn crosses. We played 100% into their hands, crossing the ball against a team whose biggest strength, bar none, is in the air.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 231 
      Reply #428: Dec 27, 2020 06:59:09 pm
      Furious about the result, could see it coming at half time. They had more shots on target than us!

This game was crying out for a 4-2-3-1, with Shaq or Minamino playing as the #10, we could have overloaded playing through the middle in the first half and be very comfortable at half time.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #429: Dec 27, 2020 07:00:21 pm
      Wonder why Phillips isn't preferred to Rys? I've never been impressed with Rys and its the opposite with Phillips.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2020 07:07:20 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #430: Dec 27, 2020 07:01:05 pm
      If we sign a CB it needs to be for now and the future. In reality that would have to be a player who knows the division (old cliche perhaps) that will lessen the time needed to get up to Jurgens speed.

We need someone who can go straight in to rescue the season. We are 1 injury away from self destruction every bloody time at the moment with the CB issue.

Its not a panic buy it was a position that needed filling in the Summer, so there is space for one in the squad. Especially with the injury records of Joe and Joel.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,322 posts | 279 
      Reply #431: Dec 27, 2020 07:02:11 pm
      No individual to blame, not good enough to break them down today, we have to move on.
      I'm disappointed but unlike previous years where our PL quest became an absolute obsession of mine where it actually got me down for years that monkey is off our back and we live to fight another day.
      This year teams are taking points off each other, I'd have bitten peoples hands off to be 3pts clear after 15 games.
      I'm not sugar coating it or kidding myself, I'm disappointed and was really pissed off but cooled down half an hour afterwards. Let's keep going Jürgen will demand a response.
      Redangel

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #432: Dec 27, 2020 07:02:40 pm
      What are you basing him being 'unsettled' and having a 'negative effect' on though? One game against WBA where no one played well? After a long period of him having to play constantly due to so many injuries in the middle of the park?

That's why it's an overreaction.

Not arguing, let’s just leave it now, enjoy your evening.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #433: Dec 27, 2020 07:03:07 pm
      No individual to blame, not good enough to break them down today, we have to move on.
      I'm disappointed but unlike previous years where our PL quest became an absolute obsession of mine where it actually got me down for years that monkey is off our back and we live to fight another day.
      This year teams are taking points off each other, I'd have bitten peoples hands off to be 3pts clear after 15 games.
      I'm not sugar coating it or kidding myself, I'm disappointed but cooled down half an hour afterwards. Let's keep going Jürgen will demand a response.

Uh yes. His name is Curtis F***ing Jones.
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #434: Dec 27, 2020 07:03:47 pm
      And that is my major frustration with the game, those damn crosses. We played 100% into their hands, crossing the ball against a team whose biggest strength, bar none, is in the air.

Don't mind whipped ones a bit flatter like the Ox put in but its the high ones Hendo being main culprit and its not the first game been guilty of overplaying that tactic got to say first half Robbo put some good crosses in which Bobby and Mo just did not make runs for
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #435: Dec 27, 2020 07:04:44 pm
      I don't mind the short corner. I mean, that is how they scored, isn't it? They can certainly work, but this time it didn't for us, just like the other 1,000 crosses didn't either.

The game needed a passer of the ball, pace wasn't going to work but it wasn't seen, even when the late change was made it wasn't someone who could pass a ball
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,322 posts | 279 
      Reply #436: Dec 27, 2020 07:05:27 pm
      Uh yes. His name is Curtis f**king Jones.

OK I'll give you that but he didn't make every cross get over hit.. I wasn't impressed with Jones tonight

Quick Reply