Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WBA?

Alisson Becker
      9 (12.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.4%)
       Fabinho
      11 (15.1%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (5.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      25 (34.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (6.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      16 (21.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: Dec 31, 2020 06:21:31 pm

Liverpool 1-1 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23398 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Dec 28, 2020 11:57:49 am
      yes, but to be outsmarted by Sam 4 times is f**king embarrassing, Klopp needs to develop better tactics against low blocks and here's a hint it doesn't involve sh*t floated crosses into the box! You need players driving at the defence, doing one-two's and with players backing them up in case they lose the ball. Also a few shots from distance with strikers chasing in hoping for a spilled save works as well.
      Shut up.

How the F**k are you going to run at players with space when there are ten of them lined up in a space of 20m?

Ffs some of the comments on here .. embarrassing.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #507: Dec 28, 2020 12:01:45 pm
      I agree about the Mane foul, the defender had his arms around him, how the f**k is that legal?? was it even checked by VAR?

Klopp was outsmarted though, Sam was hoping for a draw and it worked so many times now against Klopp so he is winning, Klopp is crap at beating low blocks, its a tactical issue, you can tell the midfielders have been told not to drive forwards but to play it safe and pass and chip.

yup defo a foul.

I didnt like those crosses we were trying, but the players have brains they should be able to figure out it wasnt working. ;D

Ive often wondered with these 10 men behind ball tactics, why not play them at theyre own game, just sit deep, and let them come and play, then hit them on break.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #508: Dec 28, 2020 12:04:32 pm
      Shut up.

How the f**k are you going to run at players with space when there are ten of them lined up in a space of 20m?

Ffs some of the comments on here .. embarrassing.

Its called dribbling and you can certainly do it with clever one-two's or are the West Brom defenders the best in the world?? In any case slow build up play and then floating crosses in is certainly NOT the answer!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #509: Dec 28, 2020 12:07:25 pm
      yup defo a foul.

I didnt like those crosses we were trying, but the players have brains they should be able to figure out it wasnt working. ;D

Ive often wondered with these 10 men behind ball tactics, why not play them at theyre own game, just sit deep, and let them come and play, then hit them on break.

Yes, that's an interesting tactic but when they did start to play slightly more open second half we were not able to adapt, our build up play was still far to slow because we had got into that pattern first half. Our lack of flexibility intra-match is a bit worrying, in that game we needed to have a much more dynamic midfield, we had Taki and Shaq sat on the bench all game which is just criminal, both are clever players and would have found space and opportunities.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #510: Dec 28, 2020 12:15:59 pm
      Hello fellow reds,be kind as this is my first post so please don't be offensive if you disagree as it's only my opinion.After reading through the post match views i'm surprised no one has mentioned a foul on Fab by the WBA player when he headed onto the post and into the net,clearly he was climbing on Fab and holding him down,it didn't surprise me VAR didn't disallow the goal as Atkinson was in the VAR room but i bet it would have been disallowed if it was at the other end.As a lot of people have mentioned the subs were strange to say the least,Philips being good in the air was a natural choice for Matip against a team dangerous in the air on set pieces,the OX doesn't offer anything different than Jones so thought Shaq would have been the certain to come on to unlock their 11 man defence (twelve with Friend the ref) i can understand he didn't start as he's coming back from injury but our midfield had little creativity,then onto Origi who has done nothing this season to deserve to come on over Minamino who looked good in the last game against Palace,i thought the latter two subs were way to late,I also thought we should have had a penalty when Mane was held back in the area.The title will be between us and City but we need maybe an Alaba type player in January from Bayern to help Fab in the CB position otherwise the title could slip away from us.
      What has happened to Carra on sky since the Salah you little dancer incident a long while back,he seems to talk a lot of dribble when co commentating on our games,why don't they get Ally McCoist on their as he's one of the best and says how it is with no bias when he's on Amazon.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #511: Dec 28, 2020 01:02:11 pm
      Yes, that's an interesting tactic but when they did start to play slightly more open second half we were not able to adapt, our build up play was still far to slow because we had got into that pattern first half. Our lack of flexibility intra-match is a bit worrying, in that game we needed to have a much more dynamic midfield, we had Taki and Shaq sat on the bench all game which is just criminal, both are clever players and would have found space and opportunities.

We were quite slow on the counter when had chances. They seemed to get back and cover very quickly, and when we did get in behind, they got a good clearance and or we missed the cross.

Anyway, could talk all day, games gone, we will bounce back and smash the geordies this week, all is forgiven.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #512: Dec 28, 2020 08:05:26 pm
      Quote from Brian78
      No its getting a pain in the hole here. Any below perfect performance is met with moans. Any game not won leads to hysteria. How dare we be sh*te, how dare someone not roll over when were sh*te to let us bag the win

Every team has dropped points this season that before kick off they think this is 3 points....So far today is Klopp, Salah, Bobby , Gini and mostly Jones fault.

Realise that in real football sh*t happens and unexpected points get dropped. People counting up points as if they were a given and then cry about it. City dropped 2 points to wba  a week or 2 back. Its football

This team has spoilt people. And you know what that leads to

Fair assessment tbh.

On this game, it was the usual Allardyce challenge. The bus won't move without at least a 2 goal cushion for us, so the one thing you don't want to do is let him control the game. Unfortunately that's exactly what happened. Again.

This week it's Jones' turn to play the scapegoat. Every player concedes corners. I've seen one of our keepers once kick a goalkick behind the goalline. But the real reason we didn't win this game is because we didn't defend the corner properly. 1. No man on the posts. 2. Alisson stuck to his line. He should be coming to take that cross, not letting someone else deal with it. Neither happened. Result: Meltdown.

I wouldn't think about putting Thiago into a game against a team like that, if he did play against that lot, he would probably be out for the rest of the season. Matip is back in the treatment room, and we're going to be stretched at the back again. Oh well, Sergio Ramos is available on a Bosman next week in case we're interested.

On a Good Day, we win. On a bad day we draw. We're now 11 league games unbeaten, top of the league, and the snakes and ladders mob below us are dropping points left right and centre. We were 6 points clear last weekend, we keep threatening to pull away from them, and soon enough we will. A blind man can see that we are the best team in this league, and are clearly going to win it, to equal that record. There's no need for mass panic. If rival fans want to laugh at this result, let them. If you find them, just remind them that we still are where they all want to be.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #513: Dec 28, 2020 09:00:42 pm
      The only criticism I have of Klopp is this....

I don't understand why we don't change our tactics to draw the opposition out when we go a goal up in games like this.  No need to try to pick the lock against 11 men inside their own penalty area when you already have the lead.  Roll the ball around between our CB's and GK and force them to come out if they want a chance to get something from the game.  Then, resume our attacking play when they start to push out and chase the game. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #514: Dec 28, 2020 09:52:36 pm

I don't understand why we don't change our tactics to draw the opposition out when we go a goal up in games like this.  No need to try to pick the lock against 11 men inside their own penalty area when you already have the lead.  Roll the ball around between our CB's and GK and force them to come out if they want a chance to get something from the game.  Then, resume our attacking play when they start to push out and chase the game.

Only problem with this is there are some teams that literally will let us do that for 90 minutes and take the 0-0. Tv could go to a split screen where on the left it's Fab and Ali tapping the ball to one another and in the other the chairman of Burnley or West Brom or some such club counting his TV contract money and smiling.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #515: Dec 28, 2020 10:19:06 pm
      F**k sake, you've  lost one game out 15, 3 points clear at top of league and still f**king moaning. I'd swap places right now.  ;D
      Fat Sam does what he's good at. All though not easy watching matches over here ( didn't watch it ) sounds like they deserved it from what I've read and listening to  all you moaning fuckers on here not happy.  ;D

Your still favourites so stop moaning  :lmao:

Thought you were in Dubai and being off here for 3 weeks and giving us a break but you just can't help yourself can ya? May as well join us mate, you love us more, it's so obvious you former Manc c**t!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #516: Dec 28, 2020 10:39:55 pm
      Only problem with this is there are some teams that literally will let us do that for 90 minutes and take the 0-0. Tv could go to a split screen where on the left it's Fab and Ali tapping the ball to one another and in the other the chairman of Burnley or West Brom or some such club counting his TV contract money and smiling.

He did say once we are a goal up 🤷‍♂️
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #517: Dec 28, 2020 10:43:30 pm
      As pissed off as I am, none of the others took advantage of our slip up, so let’s sort it against the geordies and go on a prolonged run of wins.
      Let’s hope Jürgen has learned something from it as well !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #518: Dec 29, 2020 01:53:03 am

Wrong substitution for me, should of brought on Nat Phillips instead of Williams.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #519: Dec 29, 2020 02:04:05 am

I think you missed the part about us already being a goal to the good.  After we had already established a 1 goal lead, we could have just passed the ball around the back until the WBA players got frustrated and came out of their shell to try to chase the game.  Then go back to playing like normal, but if they retreat back into their low block then we repeat the cycle. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #520: Dec 29, 2020 06:12:18 am
      He did say once we are a goal up 🤷‍♂️

So he did. Please accept my apology for this offence.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #521: Dec 29, 2020 06:36:44 am
      Thought you were in Dubai and being off here for 3 weeks and giving us a break but you just can't help yourself can ya? May as well join us mate, you love us more, it's so obvious you former Manc C**t!

I am, managed to sort internet out all thought can't get on betting sights. It's 10.35am here' what time is it in the Shitole you live   :lmao:

Ps.. It's Abu Dhabi you thick Aussie tw*t  :f_whistle: Dubai about 1 hour away.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #522: Dec 29, 2020 04:58:10 pm
      I am, managed to sort internet out all thought can't get on betting sights. It's 10.35am here' what time is it in the Shitole you live   :lmao:

Ps.. It's Abu Dhabi you thick Aussie tw*t  :f_whistle: Dubai about 1 hour away.

You out there visiting your noisy neighbours Keith ?   :f_whistle:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #523: Dec 29, 2020 05:05:52 pm

You out there visiting your noisy neighbours Keith ?   :f_whistle:

Very good  :lmao: My son been living here for nearly year now. Was hoping to drive round the F1 circuit whilst here but with covid probably only be able to walk the track now.  :f_doh:
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #524: Dec 29, 2020 06:32:58 pm
      This will make you weep tonight so far, West Brom 0 Leeds 2
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2020 06:48:40 pm by LFC PAUL »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #525: Dec 29, 2020 06:35:59 pm
      This will make you weep tonight so far,  West Brom 0 Leeds 2

Yes no low block from fat Sam against Leeds, an attacking team! In fairness Leeds are attacking much faster than we did as well
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #526: Dec 29, 2020 06:36:46 pm
      0-3 in 35 mins
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #527: Dec 29, 2020 06:38:18 pm
      Groan! Unbelievable