Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Newcastle v Liverpool EPL (Wed 30th Dec 2020 8:00pm)

Read 8299 times
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Re: Pre-Match: Newcastle v Liverpool EPL (Wed 30th Dec 2020 8:00pm)
      Reply #46: Dec 29, 2020 06:28:19 pm
      We need to return to the Palace clinical finishing that was missing against the fat tw@ts team. I agree with the fast start and that it must be kept going. I do think however it shows, if it was needed, that retaining the title is even harder. Results went in our favour again last night. We need to take advantage. C'mon you mighty redmen!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #47: Dec 29, 2020 06:45:15 pm
      Hope the game is on

Hope we are watching the West Brom Leeds game as well
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #48: Dec 29, 2020 08:36:50 pm

I believe Jürgen would look to replace Matip this summer and find someone more reliable, so for me it would make sense to find that player now if at all possible, names like  Varane, Koulibally, immediately spring to mind, but I think Jürgen would prefer someone younger for longevity and perhaps versatility, Upamenacho (think that’s his name) maybe ?

The situation up until Sunday has been manageable albeit somewhat risky, but now it’s absolutely crucial we bring someone in, and I think we will, and as soon as fookin possible too ?

Y  N  W  A

Upamenacho? No Billy, Upa YOUR nacho!!!

Sorry, working overnights and just waking up after only four hours of sleep. I'll show myself to the door.  :P
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #49: Dec 29, 2020 08:49:09 pm
      Upamenacho? No Billy, Upa YOUR nacho!!!

Sorry, working overnights and just waking up after only four hours of sleep. I'll show myself to the door.  :P

It's Upa something mate not sure tho, might be fanny 🤪
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #50: Dec 29, 2020 09:57:11 pm
      Must win now with the the scum getting a last min deflection. Stuffy bas**rds
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #51: Dec 30, 2020 09:55:21 am
      Anything apart from a win is a disaster. We need to win this game for sure. Hope Salah is awake for this one.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #52: Dec 30, 2020 10:30:09 am
      Not sure who to expect as centre backs for this one. I'm thinking it might be Fab and Rhys. The mid field needs a shake up, but I expect Jürgen to go again as he won't want to damage the frail confidence of these players. I'm hoping we might see Shaqu or mini up top with Bob dropping deeper to use his cute passing abilities. Other than that it has to be Ox in the middle with Hendo and Gini, and we may see a bit more penetrive drive from the middle.
      Full backs and three up top the same in that case.
      No doubt Barcodes will play with at least 9 at the back trying to frustrate us, although they do tend to TRY and play a bit of footy, so we may find a few gaps to pass through. I'm a bit worried that this season on the whole is kicking up some strange results, but i'm still going for 1-3 to the Reds.
      I've given them the one goal, as I expect the egg head will find one or two long diagonal through balls to their strikers. One may pay off, but on the whole we should be too good for them. I expect Jürgen will have instructed our lot on how to break through these horrible walls of defence, wouldn't he ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #53: Dec 30, 2020 11:11:57 am
      Not sure who to expect as centre backs for this one. I'm thinking it might be Fab and Rhys. The mid field needs a shake up, but I expect Jürgen to go again as he won't want to damage the frail confidence of these players. I'm hoping we might see Shaqu or mini up top with Bob dropping deeper to use his cute passing abilities. Other than that it has to be Ox in the middle with Hendo and Gini, and we may see a bit more penetrive drive from the middle.
      No doubt Barcodes will play with at least 9 at the back trying to frustrate us, although they do tend to TRY and play a bit of footy, so we may find a few gaps to pass through. I'm a bit worried that this season on the whole is kicking up some strange results, but i'm still going for 1-3 to the Reds.
      I've given them the one goal, as I expect the egg head will find one or two long diagonal through balls to their strikers. One may pay off, but on the whole we should be too good for them. I expect Jürgen will have instructed our lot on how to break through these horrible walls of defence, wouldn't he ?

Might even be Fan and Hendo in the back.

I'd they park the bus (and surely they will), maybe a little less looking to score the perfect goal and just have it. Shoot 30 times from the edge of the area and who knows, good things might happen a couple of times. Also leads to rebounds and corners.

Let's win this.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #54: Dec 30, 2020 11:45:10 am
      Might even be Fan and Hendo in the back.

I'd they park the bus (and surely they will), maybe a little less looking to score the perfect goal and just have it. Shoot 30 times from the edge of the area and who knows, good things might happen a couple of times. Also leads to rebounds and corners.

Let's win this.

Need to have More attempts at goal a deflection as we saw last night , rebound etc took too many touches trying to walk it in at times
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #55: Dec 30, 2020 01:41:36 pm
      same here, I feel Fab and Rhys pairing is expected, but Klopp could play Phillips as well
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #56: Dec 30, 2020 01:42:07 pm
      Must win now with the the scum getting a last min deflection. Stuffy bas**rds
      typical United win, and then their fanbase says they are deserving title winners
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #57: Dec 30, 2020 01:50:50 pm
      United are annoying right now but being a 2-player team is not sustainable over a full season. They’ll fall back in the not to distant future.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #58: Dec 30, 2020 02:10:50 pm
      United are annoying right now but being a 2-player team is not sustainable over a full season. They’ll fall back in the not to distant future.

I think they will only gain more confidence from last minute wins like that.
      Weird old season, don’t discount anyone !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #59: Dec 30, 2020 02:12:24 pm
      Need to have More attempts at goal a deflection as we saw last night , rebound etc took too many touches trying to walk it in at times

Clearly, Villa scored 7 against us, of which 4 were deflections the keeper could do nothing about.
      FFS SHOOOOOTT !
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2020 06:21:07 pm by GERNS »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #60: Dec 30, 2020 02:15:37 pm
      same here, I feel Fab and Rhys pairing is expected, but Klopp could play Phillips as well

He may feel Phillips is more powerful in the air 🤷‍♂️
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #61: Dec 30, 2020 02:29:46 pm
      I think they will only gain more confidence from last minute wins like that.
      Weird old season, don’t discount anyone !

Agree on the confidence part. That was my biggest annoyance with the win, that it boosts their confidence.

But there's 60% of the season left to go and i don't see their 2-player dependence holding up the entire year.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #62: Dec 30, 2020 02:32:26 pm
      Clearly, palace scored 7 against us, of which 4 were deflections the keeper could do nothing about.
      FFS SHOOOOOTT !

Clearly misread
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #63: Dec 30, 2020 04:36:36 pm
      No saint Maxim for them is good news, lessens the threat on the break

See them going 4 5 1 so for me Id drop Hendo back, almost in a quarter back role, helping Fab out but able to carry the ball into the middle, I suppose he does this anyway....but playing him.centre halve allows Minamino to come in to give us another key to unlock the all men behind the ball door.

Hard to call if the gaffer will decide to rest any  of the likes of Trent Robbo Gini etc but if he doesnt then

Allisson

Trent hendo Fab Robbo

Gini Jones Taki

Mo      Bobby    Sadio
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #64: Dec 30, 2020 05:26:31 pm
      Think we’ll maybe see Ox come in for Jones, had a bit of a howler on Sunday. Gini and Hendo the other midfielders. Fab and Rhys as the CB pairing. Other than that, usual suspects.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #65: Dec 30, 2020 05:37:19 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #66: Dec 30, 2020 06:02:52 pm
      No game until Monday so expect the usual line up with ox starting instead of Curtis
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #67: Dec 30, 2020 06:23:50 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #68: Dec 30, 2020 06:36:39 pm
      Thiago in the squad.

Quick Reply