Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson Becker
      11 (17.2%)
       Fabinho
      11 (17.2%)
      Nat Phillips
      1 (1.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      13 (20.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (4.7%)
      James Milner
      5 (7.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      15 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Jan 03, 2021 09:52:10 pm

Newcastle United 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22324 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Re: Newcastle United 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Dec 30, 2020 10:01:01 pm

Because my opinion differs with you? Mane squanders so many chances and had a poor first touch that lets us down more often then not. I didn't say he wasn't good, he's just overrated. Dude gets compared to the best in the world. He's too wasteful. The best dont go 8 games without scoring
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #507: Dec 30, 2020 10:01:20 pm
      Only positive was Thiago who was MOTM not even 20 mins on the pitch.

Ditto
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #508: Dec 30, 2020 10:01:40 pm

Are you sure? And when will we reenter ours?
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #509: Dec 30, 2020 10:01:41 pm
      Started off the same as the WBA match, hoof ball into the area, no one there to collect. Front 3 like strangers at the mo. Milner out of puff at half time. Another awful performance aside from Thiago. Seems like some form of arrogance has overtaken the squad when we play sh*t teams. Jürgen needs to stop doing the same things game after game when it's simply not working. Why wait till 18 minutes left to make changes, was crying out for a change at half time.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #510: Dec 30, 2020 10:01:50 pm
      Darlow MOM,isn't even their first choice GK.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #511: Dec 30, 2020 10:01:58 pm
      Zero urgency against poor teams more than happy to sit back and watch us p*ss about with it across our own back four.
      United will turn us over because they'll sit back and then when they hit us on the break they'll be far more clinical than teams like Newcastle & West Brom.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #512: Dec 30, 2020 10:02:29 pm
      The passing around at the end was because of the lack of movement ahead ... Henderson had the ball and was clearly looking for a pass but he had 7 or 8 statues ahead of him all man-marked. Poor performances from quite a few players.

Only positive was the return of Thiago and my god what a difference he made ... he really did show just how sh*te the others have been in recent games.

You still lump the ball forward, get it into the opposition box ffs!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #513: Dec 30, 2020 10:02:35 pm
      Newcastle
      Sheff utd
      Brighton
      WBA
      Fulham

Same sh*te different day...It will come down to games v those around us but that doesnt excuse the bull weve got v the above.

Same thing over and over

Someone posted in the transfer thread about Costa should we sign him...I hate him and would say no, but he would thrive on our 2 full backs who insist on crosses to people who the crosses dont suit.

Look Darlow done well tonight but at the same time we should have scored 2 or 3, Salah? What the F**k hes not himself

Minamino was very good v palace, breaks his duck, then we dont see him for the next 2 games whats that about?

By the way the Darlow save from Sadio, anyone else think the follow up was a peno? For me Darliw grabs him by the leg that Mane can swing at the ball

Finish on a plus, Thiago back
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #514: Dec 30, 2020 10:03:10 pm
      Gini is a pointless Sub offers very little when chasing a goal had a chance to play someone in with  a 5 yard ball and wasted it surely Shaq was the one to bring on
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #515: Dec 30, 2020 10:03:38 pm
      Because my opinion differs with you? Mane squanders so many chances and had a poor first touch that lets us down more often then not. I didn't say he wasn't good, he's just overrated. Dude gets compared to the best in the world. He's too wasteful. The best dont go 8 games without scoring

Still a lot better than Mo and Bobby
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,114 posts | 83 
      Reply #516: Dec 30, 2020 10:03:53 pm
      Good enough. We had at least 4 good opportunities to score. That's enough, we just didn't have luck. Moreover we have our cheatmode back: Thiago  :-* :-*. To see him move the ball is a delight in itself, just like watching Maradona back then.

Of course Phillips does not offer anything besides pure defense and that's too little nowadays. Jones had a rough ebening as well (as Emery would put it). But games like that happen as well as dry spells like those two draws in a row.

A sidenote: our front three seem to lack chemistry. If you would tell me they just play together for 2 weeks I'd believe it. Often I see them being caught off guard by passes from one to the other. But it could be that Jürgen doesn't care about it, Liverpool's strategy is not methodical football like City, but more hard effort and pressing and then praying that chances will occur (and it works, generally).
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #517: Dec 30, 2020 10:03:56 pm
      F**k getting a CB. We need someone who can score a f**king goal. This front 3 has run its course. Mane is the most overrated "top player in the world". Aren't u suppose to score goals
      Jesus mate settle down. You don’t need to score barrel loads to be a top player and, by the way, Mane scores his fair share. Mane is not the same type of lethal cold blooded player as Mo, he does most of his work a lot deeper and allows for us to create these chances, much like Hazard at Chelsea - wasn’t ever in contention for top scorer but always regarded as one of the top players in world football. The only difference as it happens is that Sadio scores more.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #518: Dec 30, 2020 10:05:34 pm
      Newcastle keeper played well but the finishing was poor. Poor all round only Robo and Allison were ok the rest sh*te
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #519: Dec 30, 2020 10:06:01 pm
      Poor.
      Salah is so off form right now.
      I was hoping bobby would hit form after his goals at palace. But no.

We are looking so low in confidence.
      Klopps 93rd minute subs are baffling.

But plus points....
      Ox, Thiago, Milner and Shaqiri are getting minutes. And if this is our bad spell of the season at least we are not losing many games.

But let’s not forget how great (footballing wise) 2020 has been for us. And we leave it still top of the league...

But roll on Southampton...

And how many minutes did Shaq get? Not a single touch either as we were faffing around with the ball at the back. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #520: Dec 30, 2020 10:06:16 pm

No one ever compared Mane to Messi or Ronaldo.

He's a brilliant player and you're talking sh*t.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,846 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #521: Dec 30, 2020 10:07:05 pm
      Only positive midfielder was Thiago .Knew exactly where to pass ,tried a half volley,I think the team just looked complacent .Bobby unlucky with his chances but Mo should have scored
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,114 posts | 83 
      Reply #522: Dec 30, 2020 10:07:09 pm
      Why wait till 18 minutes left to make changes, was crying out for a change at half time.

I agree. It was insane to wait to bring Shaq in the 91th minute. :o
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #523: Dec 30, 2020 10:07:26 pm
      Good enough. We had at least 4 good opportunities to score. That's enough, we just didn't have luck. Moreover we have our cheatcode back: Thiago  :-* :-*. To see him move the ball is a delight in itself, just like watching Maradona back then.

Of course Phillips does not offer anything besides pure defense and that's too little nowadays. Jones had a rough ebening as well (as Emery would put it). But games like that happen as well as dry spells like those two draws in a row.

A sidenote: our front three seem to lack chemistry. If you would tell me they just play together for 2 weeks I'd believe it. Often I see them being caught off guard by passes from one to the other. But it could be that Jürgen doesn't care about it, Liverpool's strategy is not methodical football like City, but more hard effort and pressing and then praying that chances will occur (and it works, generally).

Good enough though????
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #524: Dec 30, 2020 10:07:49 pm
      Newcastle
      Sheff utd
      Brighton
      WBA
      Fulham

Same sh*te different day...It will come down to games v those around us but that doesnt excuse the bull weve got v the above.

Same thing over and over

Someone posted in the transfer thread about Costa should we sign him...I hate him and would say no, but he would thrive on our 2 full backs who insist on crosses to people who the crosses dont suit.

Look Darlow done well tonight but at the same time we should have scored 2 or 3, Salah? What the f**k hes not himself

Minamino was very good v palace, breaks his duck, then we dont see him for the next 2 games whats that about?

By the way the Darlow save from Sadio, anyone else think the follow up was a peno? For me Darliw grabs him by the leg that Mane can swing at the ball

Finish on a plus, Thiago back

Yep defo a peno shout for mane, thought officials were poor can remember a couple of offsides for us that flag went up & the replays showed maybe not, I thought they were meant to play on then refer if necessary
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #525: Dec 30, 2020 10:08:23 pm
      Not much to say really. It wasn’t a bad performance but we’re struggling to break these teams down at the moment and we’ve lost our killer touch.

We created enough chances to win the game but I still didn’t feel like we were going to score. It was just one of those games.

Starting to worry whether it’s going to be like that season we had with rafa where we just fell short because we drew too many games. We have to turn these draws into wins and fast. We’ve dropped a lot of points already against teams we should be beating. Luckily for us, there aren’t any other teams in the league at the moment in top form.

Don’t know why Thiago was brought on so late and I didn’t see the point in bringing Shaq on in the 91st minute or whatever it was. Why where we so slow in stoppage time too? Get the ball forward and see what happens! They might crumble under the pressure.

I think we’re really missing Jota at the moment. We’re missing his movement and he obviously has an eye for goal too.

Poor result. We move on. Need to get our act together soon though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #526: Dec 30, 2020 10:08:35 pm
      Jesus mate settle down. You don’t need to score barrel loads to be a top player and, by the way, Mane scores his fair share. Mane is not the same type of lethal cold blooded player as Mo, he does most of his work a lot deeper and allows for us to create these chances, much like Hazard at Chelsea - wasn’t ever in contention for top scorer but always regarded as one of the top players in world football. The only difference as it happens is that Sadio scores more.

;D, Salah cold blooded, not tonight he wasn't or West Brom or........
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #527: Dec 30, 2020 10:09:37 pm
      Only positive midfielder was Thiago .Knew exactly where to pass ,tried a half volley,I think the team just looked complacent .Bobby unlucky with his chances but Mo should have scored

Bobby was not unlucky he was as guilty as Salah
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #528: Dec 30, 2020 10:09:46 pm

Overrated and not being a good player are two different things. When you are as good as some say he is you influence games more so then he does. Again, he's a top player for us, but we need more from him. He's too good to go missing for a 4 game stretch. Maybe I wouldnt be so critical al of him if Firmino were better I front of goal, maybe it would make Manes work off the ball not be in vain. We need more from our front 3, and quick

Quick Reply