Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson Becker
      11 (17.2%)
       Fabinho
      11 (17.2%)
      Nat Phillips
      1 (1.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      13 (20.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (4.7%)
      James Milner
      5 (7.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      15 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Jan 03, 2021 09:52:10 pm

Newcastle United 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22145 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,111 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Newcastle United 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Dec 30, 2020 10:29:09 pm
      Yeap! Waiting for others to beat me to it! The comments can’t get worse than this. Still top of the league. No problem.

All joking aside, thats the main fact, and  with a healthy goal difference.

Were sh*te, but that wont last. Were top, that will last
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #576: Dec 30, 2020 10:29:24 pm
      You're usually ok.

Some dark sh*t that, we're top of the league, chin up.

It's one result, we'll be fine. Remember what these lads have given us.

Do. Not. Give. Up.

YNWA

Do ya mean me dark arts? :lmao:

Klopp in charge, gonna be fine. New players are sometimes the solution but not always the solution.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #577: Dec 30, 2020 10:29:53 pm
      All joking aside, thats the main fact, and  with a healthy goal difference.

Were sh*te, but that wont last. Were top, that will last

I want your positivity.

I’m F***ing depressed, like Hamanstheman said - we never really looked like scoring
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #578: Dec 30, 2020 10:30:29 pm
      Unfortunately I don’t see anything changing any time soon. Think we’re in for a lot more draws against the lesser sides who line up with 5:4:1 snd I think even the better sides are gonna see it’s easy to play against us if you defend deep and counter. Only difference is they will be more clinical.
      Until Jürgen makes the changes, this is how it will be.
      Feeling pissed off is now verging on depression.

F***ing incensed e we other the lack of changes when we were clearly struggling to break through !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #579: Dec 30, 2020 10:30:52 pm
      We’ll be ok, I wish some folks would think before they post though...embarrassing.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #580: Dec 30, 2020 10:33:02 pm
      Came on to say the keeper's hold on Mane was a penalty shout and see a couple here have claimed the same, but nothing from Mane or the commentators. Bewildering decision to sub Shaq on so late in the game, it's what the opponent does when playing to keep the result.

We started awful, but from 35 mins on were much the better team. Trent or Robbo were our best on the night, just a combination of our ordinary level finishes and their amazing defending screwed the result. Have to give them credit for the rabid, coked up maniac way they defended the box.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,097 posts | 83 
      Reply #581: Dec 30, 2020 10:33:29 pm
      We’ll be ok, I wish some folks would think before they post though...embarrassing.

I wonder what happens if we ever (really) struggle. I think Jürgen and his gang will walk very much alone in such an instance.  :-\
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #582: Dec 30, 2020 10:34:38 pm
      Ehh Mane has scored more in the last three games than Son has. He's also outscored Son in every season.

Nothing you post holds up to scrutiny.

Pure rubbish talk.

He tried so hard today. I saw a player trying more than his best that I thought he tried too hard. The spaces weren’t in his favour. Unlucky for him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #583: Dec 30, 2020 10:35:35 pm
      He tried so hard today. I saw a player trying more than his best that I thought he tried too hard. The spaces weren’t in his favour. Unlucky for him.

Every bounce and every second ball was falling to Newcastle I swear
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,111 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #584: Dec 30, 2020 10:37:33 pm
      I want your positivity.

I’m f**king depressed, like Hamanstheman said - we never really looked like scoring

It wont last pal, we scored 7 three games ago dont forget.

I think weve been poo all season to be honest. But were top. This team will click, nothing suerer. And to sound like a broken record, its the results against those around us thatll count. Utd on the 17th be massive, both as a judge of where were at and how close the likes of utd really are.

Again repeating a previous post, we have been spoilt over a few seasons by this gang, and when you get spoilt you get greedy expecting the excellence on tap. not possible, especially the season after ending the drought.

We wont win it by much this season, but well win it
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #585: Dec 30, 2020 10:38:06 pm

Yeah pal some awful posts.

Yes it's F***ing heartbreaking dropping points but there's a long way to go.

Someone posted about macro and micro or something the other day and it's spot on.

We go into every game thinking we'll take 3 points. But the simple fact is it doesn't happen over the course of a season.

Yes I'm annoyed after the last few games. Am I concerned? Am I F**k.

Bring it on.

30 years without a title? I'll take two on the bounce please.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #586: Dec 30, 2020 10:38:22 pm
      Every bounce and every second ball was falling to Newcastle I swear

Partly due to the limited spaces. You’d probably need to play the ball with precise strength to reach your intended target or those who limit your spaces would win the second balls. It’s just me limited analysis. I could be wrong.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #587: Dec 30, 2020 10:38:57 pm
      Here's another interesting point: I think we suffer more from those games without fans than other teams. You could already see it last season. City e.g. plays methodical football, they don't need to care too much about fans. But we play run & gun football that lives and dies with hard effort and pressing. No fans = no atmosphere and it might take away those 2-5% motivation we'd need.

Just a thought.

Yeah Old Trafford doesn't have a lot of spectators does it!!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #588: Dec 30, 2020 10:40:08 pm
      Ehh Mane has scored more in the last three games than Son has. He's also outscored Son in every season.

Nothing you post holds up to scrutiny.

Pure rubbish talk.

;D. How does the last seasons compare to right now? Again, I didn't say Mane has never been good or he's trash. I said he is overrated. Son's impact is immense. Mane's this season isn't. And if your going on this season, Son has Mane beat in goals and assists. Mane has been the better player by far overall, however, he hasn't been as good this season and Son is arguably the best at his position
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #589: Dec 30, 2020 10:40:22 pm

You can never fault Manes work rate, his effort levels are through the roof. Has hit a rough spell and will no doubt come through it. The front three all had the Heskey touch tonight. A few pointing the finger at midfield creativity but they got the ball to the forwards in dangerous areas plenty But too many heavy touches or under hit passes cost us
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #590: Dec 30, 2020 10:42:06 pm
      Yeah pal some awful posts.

Yes it's f**king heartbreaking dropping points but there's a long way to go.

Someone posted about macro and micro or something the other day and it's spot on.

We go into every game thinking we'll take 3 points. But the simple fact is it doesn't happen over the course of a season.

Yes I'm annoyed after the last few games. Am I concerned? Am I f**k.

Bring it on.

30 years without a title? I'll take two on the bounce please.

With this type of league form, we’re still top. That leaves us with the potential of playing better in the second half of the season. Aka negative split in the sport of distance running. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #591: Dec 30, 2020 10:43:34 pm
      ;D. How does the last seasons compare to right now? Again, I didn't say Mane has never been good or he's trash. I said he is overrated. Son's impact is immense. Mane's this season isn't. And if your going on this season, Son has Mane beat in goals and assists. Mane has been the better player by far overall, however, he hasn't been as good this season and Son is arguably the best at his position

Salah and Bobby were worse than Mane today, why did Jürgen not consider bringing on Shaq and Taki earlier??
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #592: Dec 30, 2020 10:44:27 pm
      I'm hoping Thiago can stay healthy and dominate the MF. Jack Grealish and Bruno are amazing at this, and Thiago can be too, but in a different way. Too many games we have no MF presence
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #593: Dec 30, 2020 10:46:05 pm
      With this type of league form, we’re still top. That leaves us with the potential of playing better in the second half of the season. Aka negative split in the sport of distance running. 

Also leaves Utd, City and Everton with the same possibility, unless we start picking up more points against the bottom feeder clubs and away from home we will not win the league.

I know we are top but that is two awful results on the bounce now, far to many players off form.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #594: Dec 30, 2020 10:50:36 pm
      Also leaves Utd, City and Everton with the same possibility, unless we start picking up more points against the bottom feeder clubs and away from home we will not win the league.

I know we are top but that is two awful results on the bounce now, far to many players off form.

100% agree
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #595: Dec 30, 2020 10:50:55 pm
      If we won the league this year you would have to question the standard. Feels rare that we win.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #596: Dec 30, 2020 10:53:24 pm

Son would struggle against low block teams like Mane is now. Spurs sit back, soak up pressure then send it on to him to run in behind. No team leaves that space for us.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #597: Dec 30, 2020 10:54:39 pm
      If we won the league this year you would have to question the standard. Feels rare that we win.

Yes, but no team has stood out,every team has been inconsistent, if we sort our away form out it'll be a start.

Quick Reply