Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Pre-Match: Southampton v Liverpool EPL (Mon 4th Jan 2021 8:00pm)

Read 11229 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,986 posts | 222 
      Re: Pre-Match: Southampton v Liverpool EPL (Mon 4th Jan 2021 8:00pm)
      Reply #46: Jan 02, 2021 03:52:19 am
      Southampton is a must win, if not to tell the Mancs just who’s boss, but also to get the confidence back in the side.
      Dare say our lads will be up for this with a bit more determination, and hopefully a desire to try something different to mske as breakthrough !
      Confidence!!!! What was the 0-7 at place good for?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Jan 02, 2021 05:00:34 am

Yeah. I love how with our record we are out of sorts and struggling for form and confidence. Another team with the same record is a juggernaut full of belief and on the verge of breaking away in the title race (with only 22 matches to go). :)

Agendas and narratives. Everybody's got 'em.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 1077 
      Reply #48: Jan 02, 2021 06:58:18 am
      Monday cant get here soon enough. Feels like forever away
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,917 posts | 1476 
      Reply #49: Jan 02, 2021 08:02:24 am
      Yeah. I love how with our record we are out of sorts and struggling for form and confidence. Another team with the same record is a juggernaut full of belief and on the verge of breaking away in the title race (with only 22 matches to go). :)

Agendas and narratives. Everybody's got 'em.

Reading through this board, I got convinced that the mancs do have a world class squad. Edison, Bruno, Wan, Harry, Ole, Carrick, Phelan etc. We have much to do and a lot to close the gap. Neck and neck with the same number of points. It’s gonna be tough for us. We’ve got to buck up. Makes me more afraid of losing the top of the league now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #50: Jan 02, 2021 09:09:12 am
                                                                                Alisson

Trent   Rhys   Fabinho  Robbo

Hendo     Thiago     Gini

Salah      Bobby     Mane

This what I’d like To see line up at Saints, make no mistake this is a real tough game, much sterner test than our last three, so we really need to be at the races, Hassenhutle has built up a very good side, a side that can do serious damage, if you let them, consistency wise their up & down so we don’t know which team will turn up, whoever it is, we need to take the game to them, we need our ‘A’ game and get back to winning rather than drawing, but a draw here wouldn’t be a bad return tbh,

Thiago has to start for me, in his cameo in Newcastle we seen glimpses of what he brings to the table, we need that from the start against this lot, it is clear we have lost a bit of confidence and momentum, the loss of Virgil, Gomez etc is starting to bite, but since we’re near the end of the Xmas madness and have more swinging dicks  to choose from I think the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter,

Young Rhys next to Fabinho is what I’d opt for, Nat Phillips against Toon was a fish on a bike, and I’m sorry to say simply not good enough, at times he looked like he was running thru treacle, so for me Rhys gets the nod, although still not ideal he’s the better of the two options imo,

It’s been rumoured a new young CB is imminent but I’ll wait and see him hold a scarf above his head before I get the bunting out, but fookin hell do we need one, or two ?

I don’t think we played badly against ‘Toon’, we just couldn’t score, and that happens now and then, there was no lack in trying, maybe tried too hard in the end, it should be different against Saints, they don’t park buses for one, they like to attack which opens spaces in behind for us to exploit, so we should see lots of goals in a very open game.

This is gonna be good with plenty of viewing between the fingers.

2-3 Champions elect 2

Y  N  W  A

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2800 
      Reply #51: Jan 02, 2021 09:29:41 am
      Thiago starts IMO.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #52: Jan 02, 2021 09:47:03 am

Yeah, and then you get a few games you know you should be winning, but don’t, snd things get in your head !
      We’re only human after all.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Jan 02, 2021 10:58:10 am
      Why do you think we can’t do that without Thiago? We are capable of it, even if we have drawn out last 2 games.

Other than Palace I can't remember the last time we blitzed the start of the game, even rarer is a strong start to the second half.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,546 posts | 3905 
      Reply #54: Jan 02, 2021 11:07:15 am

Has to start
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #55: Jan 02, 2021 01:09:40 pm
      We need to put out the strongest team possible on Monday, and that includes Thiago.
      He doesn't strike me as the kind of player who needs much training to get up to match speed, especially so when his first two yards are in his head.
      I don't see the point in us potentially struggling again and then him having limited time to make an impact.

I actually think we are missing Jota more than some people are realising, he scored some crucial goals for us before his injury.
      If Thiago can become a regular by staying fit & available, Jota returning and a CB arriving we will be a totally different prospect to what we have seen these past few weeks.

Also, when are United being awarded the newly created trophy for being second after 16 games? I can't ever remember one being awarded before so presumably this is the first time?
      With the fanfare that has greeted them getting to the same amount of points as us I'm guessing it is gonna be a pretty impressive trophy.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,700 posts | 565 
      Reply #56: Jan 02, 2021 02:14:40 pm
      I hope the players have more belief than I do.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #57: Jan 02, 2021 02:51:50 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

We need this so much :( We dropped some many points.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #58: Jan 02, 2021 04:04:47 pm
      United get a pen every game. Ridiculous calls going there way this season. That scares me. They're good and have luck on their side

Agree with everything apart from them being good - they're average and have been lucky in the last few games. As poor as we've been, we haven't lost for a while and we're still top.

Trust me, if I was offered the chance to swap with them there's no way I'd take it ... we have a better squad, better manager all day long
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #59: Jan 02, 2021 04:06:32 pm
      Thiago must start we need creativity in the midfield desperately. Robby has been ok but Trents off form, Jordan's want to pass sideways and Curtis wants to hide
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #60: Jan 02, 2021 04:10:08 pm

I can't see him being fully fit just yet ... if he is then of course he starts but I'd be happier with him playing maybe half an hour and rebuilding his fitness rather than starting and getting injured again.

Assuming Thiago is not quite ready, I'd like to see Ox start instead of Jones
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #61: Jan 02, 2021 04:12:31 pm
      That's what I don't understand why when the bus parkers play we don't try something down the middle where Saqu could create a pass, the last few games the wings have been crowded, and we just plod on, Mane comes deeper and ends up having to take on to many opponents, everyone gets frustrated but nothing is changed till to late
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 1077 
      Reply #62: Jan 02, 2021 04:32:15 pm
      Thiago must start we need creativity in the midfield desperately. Robby has been ok but Trents off form, Jordan's want to pass sideways and Curtis wants to hide

We need to go to a 4-2-3-1 of sorts.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #63: Jan 02, 2021 05:03:43 pm
      Personally I wouldn't rush Thiago back to start this one. Save him for the bench again. Southampton play decent football so should give us a few more opportunities than Newcastle did.

Allison

Trent      Williams      Fabinho      Robertson

Gini

Hendo           Chamberlain

Salah    Firmino     Mane
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #64: Jan 02, 2021 05:05:28 pm
      What was wrong with Minamino? Last time he started he scored and didn'thas a bad game then next two games he never come near the pitch. I really can't fathom what he would feel, I don't know but if anyone says he very happy then it's a big lie.

And someone would say go ask Klopp, I know ha ha :D

Southampton could be a difficult game if it's me, I would start with Hendo, Thiago and Gini.

2-1 win for the Reds is happy enough for me  :D  COYR :scarf:
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2021 03:21:13 am by skolRED »
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 874 posts | 102 
      Reply #65: Jan 02, 2021 05:55:23 pm
      I'm hoping Ant McPartlin doesn't have a good game
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,274 posts | 762 
      Reply #66: Jan 02, 2021 06:53:45 pm
      Tricky game away to Southampton for sure. I would take any win, the main thing really is the 3 points.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #67: Jan 02, 2021 07:39:48 pm
      Yeh we need to get the points in this one all 3.  We have been struggling of late and just need to get the points. 
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #68: Jan 02, 2021 08:32:50 pm
      Annoying that every game since Allardyce arrived West Brom have been hammered; except here!

Quick Reply