Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sat 11th Dec @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D2 L8

Rest In Peace 2021

Read 10581 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,212 posts | 5070 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Rest In Peace 2021
      Reply #100: Apr 11, 2021 12:50:09 am
      Sh*t, stop the bickering.

We won a F***ing Game at Anfield!!!

We have the biggest game of our Season coming up!!!!

Let's concentrate on the Boys winning every f**king game for the rest of the season and forever!!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,385 posts | 4123 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #101: Apr 11, 2021 09:09:37 am
      1) Bullshit. More virtue signalling.

2) You've just proved you're a massively thick f**king melt.

3) I don't now, and never will, give a f**k what you think. I retired in my mid 50's with a shitload of money, and have everything I want or need. I don't need, want or desire your approval. As I said previously, you're just pixels on a screen to me, and I don't give a sh*t what you think.

Off you f**k WUM, you're going on ignore, then you can find someone else to pick a row with.

Haven't got 50 nicker I could borrow have you?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,752 posts | 3574 
      Reply #102: Apr 11, 2021 09:42:33 am
      Dole spongers who pay more tax than you will ever? You need educating as to how the monarchy works.

Pay tax on the money I donate them you moron.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,752 posts | 3574 
      Reply #103: Apr 11, 2021 09:43:40 am
      Can’t believe you think people on the dole are spongers, have a word with yourself.

That’s exactly how they are described by the sort of papers you more than likely read!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #104: Apr 11, 2021 09:59:48 am
      Dole spongers who pay more tax than you will ever? You need educating as to how the monarchy works.

Any chance the can pay for or return looted goods..?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #105: Apr 11, 2021 10:18:24 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,699 posts | 3593 
      Reply #106: Apr 11, 2021 12:01:09 pm
      Some of the Citizen Smith comments here are ridiculous, moreso in the context involved.

Not personally fussed but the over-reaction and implied social deprivation/persecution by a symbolic ruling entity at this moment in time is a figment of the imagination.

It appears that some are taking the opportunity to display their "superior knowledge" of this country's social upheavals, civil wars, invasions etc etc over a few centuries to engratiate personal opinion on the aristocracy.

We all sit down for a sh*t, nobody is better than anyone else ergo RIP Phillip,
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,720 posts | 1506 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Apr 11, 2021 12:04:34 pm
      Haven't got 50 nicker I could borrow have you?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,462 posts | 2471 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #108: Apr 11, 2021 12:10:41 pm

How on Earth do the royal family stop democracy 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  And keeping people in poverty

Prince Charles vetted laws that stop his tenants buying their homes
      https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/09/prince-charles-vetted-laws-that-stop-his-tenants-buying-their-homes
      Revealed: Queen lobbied for change in law to hide her private wealth
      https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/07/revealed-queen-lobbied-for-change-in-law-to-hide-her-private-wealth
      Queen lobbied for changes to three more laws, documents reveal
      https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/08/queen-lobbied-for-changes-to-three-more-laws-documents-reveal
      Royals vetted more than 1,000 laws via Queen’s consent
      https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/08/royals-vetted-more-than-1000-laws-via-queens-consent
      The Queen has more power over British law than we ever thought
      https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/08/queen-power-british-law-queens-consent

All from this year... and how much is the Royal Purse?

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,699 posts | 3593 
      Reply #109: Apr 11, 2021 12:35:58 pm

Just one point mate - the crown has always had a veto on parliamentary rulings but as with the actual governing aspect of its powers it is purely symbolic.
      The Queen can express her displeasure privately to the PM at a proposed bill or whatever but  that purely will not affect matters.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #110: Apr 11, 2021 12:57:31 pm
      Didn't that tribe on an island in the Pacific used to worship Phillip?

The Island of Vanuatu. They believe the Duke's spirit is still with them in the village. When Phillip was in hospital they tried to aid his recovery by holding a ceremonial vigil involving drinking kava - a mild narcotic made from crushed roots.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #111: Apr 11, 2021 01:54:21 pm
      Never, ever thought I'd see this one winding up her target audience!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1380487181517606914
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,608 posts | 5701 
      Reply #112: Apr 11, 2021 02:03:13 pm
      Never, ever thought I'd see this one winding up her target audience!

In the wild pigs will at times eat other pigs so the occassional gammon on gammon attack can happen.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,203 posts | 208 
      Reply #113: Apr 11, 2021 02:25:21 pm
      Sad news this as well.
      Anorexia and the mental health struggles that come with it are horrible to witness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56708450
      UncleBob
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,203 posts | 208 
      Reply #114: Apr 11, 2021 02:45:31 pm
      Can you imagine the uproar if police entered the cathedral and told people they were breaking the law.
      I can’t see the ceremony breaking any covid rules though. Sad downfall of the lockdown nonsense.

You can have 30 people for a funeral but the queues outside my Asda are like what they used to be outside the turnstiles on matchday.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,385 posts | 4123 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #115: Apr 11, 2021 03:52:26 pm

I'm sure Prince Andrew will hang back and look after the kids
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #116: Apr 11, 2021 03:58:07 pm
      I'm sure Prince Andrew will hang back and look after the kids

No wonder Meghan's staying in LA!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1327 
      Reply #117: Apr 11, 2021 04:07:12 pm
      Some of the Citizen Smith comments here are ridiculous, moreso in the context involved.

Not personally fussed but the over-reaction and implied social deprivation/persecution by a symbolic ruling entity at this moment in time is a figment of the imagination.

It appears that some are taking the opportunity to display their "superior knowledge" of this country's social upheavals, civil wars, invasions etc etc over a few centuries to engratiate personal opinion on the aristocracy.

We all sit down for a sh*t, nobody is better than anyone else ergo RIP Phillip,

👏👏👏👏
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1327 
      Reply #118: Apr 11, 2021 04:12:04 pm
      Pay tax on the money I donate them you moron.

You “donate” a grand total of £1 a year - well done 👏

The Royals and the estates bring in over £500mil on tourism plus the jobs created , plus the tax that’s paid by them and their employees- they contribute hugely to the UK coffers

And then add in being the face and patrons of a significant amount of charities that help raise millions for multiple causes plus various schemes to help all walks of life within the UK

Our monarchy are establishment that are looked upon highly all over the world.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,752 posts | 3574 
      Reply #119: Apr 11, 2021 07:36:58 pm
      You “donate” a grand total of £1 a year - well done 👏

The Royals and the estates bring in over £500mil on tourism plus the jobs created , plus the tax that’s paid by them and their employees- they contribute hugely to the UK coffers

And then add in being the face and patrons of a significant amount of charities that help raise millions for multiple causes plus various schemes to help all walks of life within the UK

Our monarchy are establishment that are looked upon highly all over the world.

They bring in what? well not doing a great job are they considering France, Spain, Germany and even Turkey get more tourists than the UK. 🤣

I want to live in a country where there isn’t a need for charities because the state should be looking after the vulnerable and not the super rich like the Royal family but eh each to there own

So many Tories on this forum suddenly!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1327 
      Reply #120: Apr 11, 2021 07:46:04 pm
      They bring in what? well not doing a great job are they considering France, Spain, Germany and even Turkey get more tourists than the UK. 🤣

I want to live in a country where there isn’t a need for charities because the state should be looking after the vulnerable and not the super rich like the Royal family but eh each to there own

So many Tories on this forum suddenly!
      Of course countries with a better climate will have a more tourists 🤷‍♂️ What difference does that make ?

I’m not sure why you are on about Tories for ? Is that how it is these days - just shout Tory at people when they have an opposing view  🤷‍♂️

There is not one single country that doesn’t have charities helping people in some way ,The state spend a significantly huge amount more on the vunerable.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,752 posts | 3574 
      Reply #121: Apr 11, 2021 08:48:56 pm
      Of course countries with a better climate will have a more tourists 🤷‍♂️ What difference does that make ?

I’m not sure why you are on about Tories for ? Is that how it is these days - just shout Tory at people when they have an opposing view  🤷‍♂️

There is not one single country that doesn’t have charities helping people in some way ,The state spend a significantly huge amount more on the vunerable.

If you really think the state spend a huge amount on the vulnerable there is nothing left to debate.

Open your eyes we are one of the richest countries in the world yet have highest rate of child poverty in Europe, one of the highest rates of food banks out of the G7 countries.

Yeah f**k off Tory.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1327 
      Reply #122: Apr 11, 2021 09:01:55 pm
      If you really think the state spend a huge amount on the vulnerable there is nothing left to debate.

Open your eyes we are one of the richest countries in the world yet have highest rate of child poverty in Europe, one of the highest rates of food banks out of the G7 countries.

Yeah f**k off Tory.

Never voted Tory in my life 🤷‍♂️ So not sure why you keep calling me a Tory.

Isn’t the UK benefit Bill well over £100bn

Aren’t we around £2trn in debt

Every country has charities to help out.

Government after government have just increased the debt by borrowing money on top of more debt.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,608 posts | 5701 
      Reply #123: Apr 12, 2021 09:53:56 am
      Doesn't seem to be much resting in peace going on in this thread.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #124: Apr 12, 2021 11:35:24 am
      The Duke lived a very fortunate & privileged life, yes he was prone to the gaff’s but in all honesty I don’t know much about him other than what I’ve said..

I like the Queen, I also like the Royal pomp that comes with it, what I don’t like is the hangers on...I’m not keen on William or Kate, I prefer Harry & Meghan.

RIP Duke is all I can offer to a man I’ve never met & condolences to the Royal family on their loss.

It’s a shame there is no system in place when a child is born or once a person passes away that a letter arrives in the post from the Royal household congratulating or offering their condolences when we lose a loved one or rejoice in welcoming a new life..

Quick Reply