Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      9 (15.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (11.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.7%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (6.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      35 (59.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Jan 08, 2021 09:54:54 pm

Southampton 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30654 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Southampton 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Jan 04, 2021 10:22:40 pm
      Normally I love Klopp's smile but today it was grating on me, just terrible team selections and tactics, we look so slow and so predictable.

Have our midfielders been told to never ever take a shot from distance or try to dribble or run with the ball, every time we slow the play and let the opposition set their defence.

Also how the F**k do Nat and Rhys feel sat on the bench with Henderson playing CB?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #668: Jan 04, 2021 10:22:49 pm
      We've officially chocked first place away and it's shocking and frustrating. Better days ahead.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #669: Jan 04, 2021 10:23:31 pm
      Really really dissapointed with that dreadful static performance tonight, we looked completely uninterested (apart from a few players) and barely got out of second gear.

We had plenty of time to come back from Ings freak goal but we looked like we couldn't be arsed.

Big big mistake imo to play Hendo at the back, we miss his presence in midfield to much, Rhys and Nat on the bench, why not play one of them?? Bizarre.

Not happy at all tonight, sluggish and Jürgen needs to sort it out.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #670: Jan 04, 2021 10:23:51 pm
      Think we're starting to miss Fabinho in midfield now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #671: Jan 04, 2021 10:24:20 pm
      I don't think he would have ever hit his current level if he stayed with us though. Needed that year of regular games to get him back on the right track and he wouldn't have had that opportunity with us in 18-19. Might have been a different story if he was around this year though.

True.

Pity as he would be a brilliant player to rotate up top.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #672: Jan 04, 2021 10:24:52 pm
      I think it's all to do with Jürgen complaining about kick off times and VAR decisions,since then we are getting nothing,Whilst Man utd get penalty after penalty (27 in the PL since Ole took over) i wonder what price a pen for them against us next home game?

Dont you think it was more 1 shot on target for all the posetion we were sh*t plain and simple
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #673: Jan 04, 2021 10:26:24 pm
      Choosing Hendo tonight shows he's not really got any faith in Williams or Phillips. I think the former looking like he was running in treacle against WBA scared Jürgen and well Phillips can head a ball but that's about it.

If that's the case though surely we should have been signing a centre half (or two!) the first day the window opened. Yep we will overpay but we need to get it done if we want to turn the season around. Need to get the midfielders back in midfield so we can put out a more settled side - at the moment the changes we are making within the side is just disrupting everything.

If the money men are worried then just tell them the loss of not making the CL next season will be greater than any centre half we try to sign now.

If we don't sign a CB before the United game then i don't think we will be doing any business,about time FSG stepped up and gives Jürgen some money to spend,as said before our net spend since Jürgen took over is peanuts compared to the other big teams in the prem,having only an injury prone Matip as our only CB is criminal,there should have been something in place once Gomez got injured and business done on the first day of the window opening.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #674: Jan 04, 2021 10:27:47 pm
      Think we're starting to miss Fabinho in midfield now.

Yup, because he has done such a good job in CB we pay more attention to that then what we are missing from him being there.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #675: Jan 04, 2021 10:29:27 pm
      Dont you think it was more 1 shot on target for all the posetion we were sh*t plain and simple

I'm on about the refs and VAR decisions not our performance,yes we were crap but we got no decisions,Milner was fouled about 4 times and didn't get one free kick and Mane was manhandled about 3 times.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #676: Jan 04, 2021 10:30:06 pm
      A dry spell? the whole team are barely getting a shot on target let alone a goal.

That stat is not significant. You can have 5 top quality chances and 0 shots on target. Today, just some defender was always there with his leg. Also the refs didn't give us 2 penalties. Against Newcastle we should have easily won, everything was fine there, we had our 2-3 high quality chances, but didn't make it.

I also think it was a mistake to put Hendo at CB. In fact Williams-Phillips would have been enough, I mean this was not City or Bayern and it would have freed Hendo and Fab.
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #677: Jan 04, 2021 10:30:14 pm
      We've officially chocked first place away and it's shocking and frustrating. Better days ahead.

Yep ... utd win their game in hand and beat us and we are 6 points behind. City win their games in hand and they are above us as well.

We didn't have the stomach for it tonight.

If Jürgen thinks hendo and fab will cut it for the rest of the season at cb then who am I to disagree.

My view is he is in cloud cuckoo. Everyone said it was a glaring error to not replace lovren. To go with 3 cb's 2 of which are made of glass. It just made him more stubborn and it was proven to be a stupid and unnecessary gamble

Now everyone is saying we need 1/2 cb's in jan ... it won't happen. Matip will be back soon for 30 minutes or so in a few weeks time. Nothing to worry about.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #678: Jan 04, 2021 10:31:20 pm
      Klopp: "What Andre Marriner did with Sadio Mane tonight, I'm not sure that's okay. Man United had more penalties in two years than me in five and a half years.... but no excuses for tonight."
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #679: Jan 04, 2021 10:31:52 pm
      Very predictable play out of defence by us, Southampton quick to press our defence and limit our play. Would have brought Salah off and Minamino on .Thiago getting used to premiership footie and Ox getting match fit showed a slow midfield . Marriner didn't do us any favours either 'missing' definite fouls on Mane and Robbo. Roll on next match !
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #680: Jan 04, 2021 10:34:24 pm

That's the spirit!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #681: Jan 04, 2021 10:35:56 pm
      That stat is not significant. You can have 5 top quality chances and 0 shots on target. Today, just some defender was always there with his leg. Also the refs didn't give us 2 penalties. Against Newcastle we should have easily won, everything was fine there, we had our 2-3 high quality chances, but didn't make it.

I also think it was a mistake to put Hendo at CB. In fact Williams-Phillips would have been enough, I mean this was not City or Bayern and it would have freed Hendo and Fab.

We are a million miles away from where we were last season. You cannot miss big chances if you want to win titles.

Our form the last three games is brutal and if this continues in to February we could be out of the title race and in a top 4 battle.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #682: Jan 04, 2021 10:38:46 pm
      Klopp: "What Andre Marriner did with Sadio Mane tonight, I'm not sure that's okay. Man United had more penalties in two years than me in five and a half years.... but no excuses for tonight."

Not buying it.

You can't rely on officials giving us peno's to win games.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #683: Jan 04, 2021 10:39:51 pm
      Normally I love Klopp's smile but today it was grating on me, just terrible team selections and tactics, we look so slow and so predictable.

Have our midfielders been told to never ever take a shot from distance or try to dribble or run with the ball, every time we slow the play and let the opposition set their defence.

Also how the f**k do Nat and Rhys feel sat on the bench with Henderson playing CB?

Agree,every man and his dog could see it wasn't working after 15-20 minutes but Jürgen didn't change a thing until he took OX off in the 57th minute and how TAA lasted 77 minutes beggars belief(needs to be dropped) and what has Minamino done wrong,he was good against Palace then doesn't get a chance even though Bobby's had about three good games in his last 30 matches and Salah looks like he's got his boots on the wrong feet.It seems like ground hog day these last 3 matches and we don't change anything even though what we are doing isn't working.
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #684: Jan 04, 2021 10:40:01 pm

Broken record Jürgen. Excuses. Its obvious where the problems are. They will be laughing their heads off at him now. Playing right into their hands. He's showing them that they are getting to him.

I said it before the game ... others are gaining strength from our weakness. That only increased tonight. And Jürgen spouting off like that will only give them and City for that matter more reason to think they are stronger.

Forget them ... concentrate on our pathetic performance tonight and ask yourself how good would it be to be able to play fabinho and hendo with thiago in midfield.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #685: Jan 04, 2021 10:40:01 pm
      Yup, because he has done such a good job in CB we pay more attention to that then what we are missing from him being there.

Well we're stuck with him in CB for the rest of the season as we won't be buying a defender.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #686: Jan 04, 2021 10:41:45 pm
      I'd also advice Klopp to take the FA Cup more seriously. Unlike this Caraboa sh*t it's a rather important competition and the way we look so far since Covid we better focus more widely.
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #687: Jan 04, 2021 10:42:08 pm
      Well we're stuck with him in CB for the rest of the season as we won't be buying a defender.

Yep. Complete lunacy. Remember laughing at pep last season for not replacing kompany. Jürgen would never do that ...... oh wait
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #688: Jan 04, 2021 10:42:09 pm

In that case Top 4 will be at risk, will have FSG sweating in their sleep.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #689: Jan 04, 2021 10:44:16 pm
      I'd also advice Klopp to take the FA Cup more seriously. Unlike this Caraboa sh*t it's a rather important competition and the way we look so far since Covid we better focus more widely.

Ha you're joking.

Klopp will be playing the kids against Villa.

And rightly so. Do you honestly think we should be risking more injuries this season for the FA cup?

Quick Reply