Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      9 (15.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (11.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.7%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (6.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      35 (59.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Jan 08, 2021 09:54:54 pm

Southampton 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30424 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,149 posts | 1090 
      Re: Southampton 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Jan 05, 2021 04:49:06 am
      Our issue now is far bigger than one game, one result.

I agree, but we can only take it one game at a time.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #714: Jan 05, 2021 05:44:35 am
      I agree, but we can only take it one game at a time.

Ok. I wonder what his lineup plans were for the Cup match. He could change 11 players if he wanted
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #715: Jan 05, 2021 06:06:04 am
      I reckon we are in a right old scrap for top 4 this season. This is a season like no other for us and if we want it to be a blip before our team can get back to normal next season then we will seriously have to start winning matches soon.

Fail to finish 4th Salah may not be the only one looking at getting out.

Desperately in need for a centre half.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,609 posts | 3914 
      Reply #716: Jan 05, 2021 07:19:18 am
      Depressing but I have faith in Klopp
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #717: Jan 05, 2021 07:25:24 am
      I reckon we are in a right old scrap for top 4 this season. This is a season like no other for us and if we want it to be a blip before our team can get back to normal next season then we will seriously have to start winning matches soon.

IMO, or it's Salah looking to getting out that's causing our team fails to reach a good level of performance recently. It's just my gut feeling anyway :\ 
      Agreed that we need a quality CB.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #718: Jan 05, 2021 07:32:26 am

Never in a fight for top 4. It's as good as automatic in my opinion. Your still fav to win the league ( IMO ) so can't work out your thinking. We know it's not if you return to form it's when. Jota looking bigger miss than I thought though.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #719: Jan 05, 2021 07:37:20 am
      Why did Doris not announce that all football would stop with immediate affect and the league positions are the final positions for season we would be Champions would really p@ss the rest off YNWA

Or they waiting for ManU win against Burnley on 13th and won the league with 36 points I think that could be a nice plan haha
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,609 posts | 3914 
      Reply #720: Jan 05, 2021 08:13:50 am
      Never in a fight for top 4. It's as good as automatic in my opinion. Your still fav to win the league ( IMO ) so can't work out your thinking. We know it's not if you return to form it's when. Jota looking bigger miss than I thought though.

I like this reverse psychology sh*t
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #721: Jan 05, 2021 08:15:31 am
      We felt Jota more than other players this season. Trent needs to improve, our front three needs to be more clinical. I just hope that Klopp gives them what they needed and good kick in the butt.

We need to improve drastically but I believe we can do it.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #722: Jan 05, 2021 08:33:16 am
      Depressing but I have faith in Klopp

100% faith in Jürgen but FSG have to step up and buy at least one CB overwise they are showing their lack of ambition over money,in a season like no other we need more CB's but currently we have no first teamers,i think Jürgen is either seething inside and unhappy about not currently signing a CB or we are close to signing one or he truly believes we are okay(can't believe he thinks that) but he looked stunned and lost for words in his post match interview with the bbc,are the lads pi**ed off that Fab in playing CB and not playing his usual midfield role of which he excels at because it's unusual to have so many players out of form at one time,we look totally lost in a majority of our away games (apart from the Palace and Chelsea games) and persist playing the same way with the same tactics even though they are clearly not working,the body language of some of the players is bizarre,we are the champions but look like we don't care for retaining it.We have opened the door for City (who haven't even got a fit striker)and are even making United look like title contenders(no way they will win it).
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #723: Jan 05, 2021 08:36:08 am
      I like this reverse psychology sh*t

Saying we are still favourites in his mind but the bookies don't agree.City were 5/2 at one stage but are clear favourites now and if we don't buck up soon they will walk away with it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #724: Jan 05, 2021 08:43:03 am
      The current front 3 are more than good enough, having jota would have been good but it is typical of the overaction to anything negative that people still keep on banging on about it.

The current front three are not F***ing good enough, not at the moment, that's the point, and that is down to one man, Klopp who decided to play both Salah and Jota in a dead rubber game which we drew anyway.

I'm actually starting to question Klopp more and more, last season we had plenty of games like the last 3 games but we had luck on our side and very often won them by a single goal, this year our luck has run out, our tactics have been found out and we are so easy to play against, such slow predictable build up play.
      GK to CB who then passes to the other CB then out to FB who will pass it back to CB to the other CB over to the other FB, then forwards to midfield, back to CB, now out to FB who will pass it into midfield or sometimes, if they feel daring, to a forward who will run forwards fairly slowly then try a cross which gets blocked by the first defender, if the blocked cross is not on the ball goes back to midfield who will pass amongst themselves, perhaps going back to CB before we get a lovely floated ball over the top, lovely for the defenders that is. 

Compare this to City and Utd who break with pace, midfielders actually running with the ball and breaking through the opposition midfield/defence before delivering killer passes to the forwards.

My question is where the F**k has the heavy metal football gone, why are we instead playing some sort of funeral dirge/musak crap?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,139 posts | 2776 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #725: Jan 05, 2021 08:54:13 am
      Start the villa pre match
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #726: Jan 05, 2021 08:54:51 am
      The current front three are not f**king good enough, not at the moment, that's the point, and that is down to one man, Klopp who decided to play both Salah and Jota in a dead rubber game which we drew anyway.

I'm actually starting to question Klopp more and more, last season we had plenty of games like the last 3 games but we had luck on our side and very often won them by a single goal, this year our luck has run out, our tactics have been found out and we are so easy to play against, such slow predictable build up play.
      GK to CB who then passes to the other CB then out to FB who will pass it back to CB to the other CB over to the other FB, then forwards to midfield, back to CB, now out to FB who will pass it into midfield or sometimes, if they feel daring, to a forward who will run forwards fairly slowly then try a cross which gets blocked by the first defender, if the blocked cross is not on the ball goes back to midfield who will pass amongst themselves, perhaps going back to CB before we get a lovely floated ball over the top, lovely for the defenders that is. 

Compare this to City and Utd who break with pace, midfielders actually running with the ball and breaking through the opposition midfield/defence before delivering killer passes to the forwards.

My question is where the f**k has the heavy metal football gone, why are we instead playing some sort of funeral dirge/musak crap?

I think playing our best midfielder as a CB is starting to tell but still no sign of at least one CB signing,if we don't sign one(we need two) then it shows FSG's lack of ambition over money,for Jürgen to have to sell to buy is a joke that maybe a smaller club has to do but we are not a small club and Jürgen's net spend is peanuts compared to most other PL clubs.I know your pi**ed about the Jota injury and (rightly so)in a dead rubber game but that could have happened in training or the next game against Fulham,i think Jürgen has done wonders to keep us near the summit with all the injury's but the players are letting him down at the moment and he can't change all 10 outfield players(apart from Fab) who all look completely out of form also why has Gini still not signed a new contract?either sign it or sell him why keep a player that doesn't want to play for us?if it's the length of the contract then make sure we have to extend it when the time comes.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2021 09:05:54 am by weareliverpool »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,139 posts | 2776 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #727: Jan 05, 2021 09:04:28 am
      Id be intrigued to know how playing a defensive midfielder at centte half gor 3 months has led to Liverpool 0 in the last 2 games..and 1 goal in last 3

Im starting to think people are using tbe centre half area as a denial that things are not alright elsewhere
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #728: Jan 05, 2021 09:10:37 am
      I think playing our best midfielder as a CB is starting to tell but still no sign of at least one CB signing,if we don't sign one(we need two) then it shows FSG's lack of ambition over money,for Jürgen to have to sell to buy is a joke that maybe a smaller club has to do but we are not a small club and Jürgen's net spend is peanuts compared to most other PL clubs.I know your pi**ed about the Jota injury and (rightly so)in a dead rubber game but that could have happened in training or the next game against Fulham,i think Jürgen has done wonders to keep us near the summit with all the injury's but the players are letting him down at the moment and he can't change all 10 outfield players(apart from Fab) who all look completely out of form.

Do you know what, its not the Jota thing that really annoys me, although it was bloody stupid playing any senior players in that game. What is really starting to piss me off is how boring we are to watch lately, honestly our play is SO damned predictable, as I highlighted. Other teams transition from defence to attack so fast, we used to do that as well, but for some weird reason we have deliberately slowed down our attacks recently with tedious build up play giving the opposition all the time in the world to reset. When was the last time we scored a goal on the break or we had a swift counter attack, certainly not the last three games!  I felt we were like that last season as well, its just that we had such a rock-solid defence that we could get away with it. Tactically something has gone very wrong recently and it needs a shake up, Klopp has to try something different, we need some more heavy metal, at least to have that as an option.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #729: Jan 05, 2021 09:12:24 am
      Id be intrigued to know how playing a defensive midfielder at centte half gor 3 months has led to Liverpool 0 in the last 2 games..and 1 goal in last 3

Im starting to think people are using tbe centre half area as a denial that things are not alright elsewhere

It's clearly not just that,Jota being out and Jürgen not trusting Minamino and to many players out of form at the same time especially our front three, but what service have they had from the midfield? a midfield without Fab protecting the back 4 and letting other midfielders go forward and create,Jürgen has done wonders to keep us at the top for so long with all the injuries and only two defeats,but the away record is a major concern.The United game is what we need right now to get back on track.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #730: Jan 05, 2021 09:19:07 am
      Do you know what, its not the Jota thing that really annoys me, although it was bloody stupid playing any senior players in that game. What is really starting to piss me off is how boring we are to watch lately, honestly our play is SO damned predictable, as I highlighted. Other teams transition from defence to attack so fast, we used to do that as well, but for some weird reason we have deliberately slowed down our attacks recently with tedious build up play giving the opposition all the time in the world to reset. When was the last time we scored a goal on the break or we had a swift counter attack, certainly not the last three games!  I felt we were like that last season as well, its just that we had such a rock-solid defence that we could get away with it. Tactically something has gone very wrong recently and it needs a shake up, Klopp has to try something different, we need some more heavy metal, at least to have that as an option.

Totally agree,we are so slow with the build ups and how many times does the ball go sideways and backwards with no substance,Jürgen needs to stop being negative about VAR and the refs as it doesn't change anything and the players are virtually mute on the pitch when things go against us where they should be on the refs back asking for a review(Mane against the toon being one instance) how many times do you see city,united and spurs players at the ref when they feel they should have something,we are to bloody nice.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,394 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #731: Jan 05, 2021 09:34:33 am
      The current front three are not f**king good enough, not at the moment, that's the point, and that is down to one man, Klopp who decided to play both Salah and Jota in a dead rubber game which we drew anyway.

My question is where the f**k has the heavy metal football gone, why are we instead playing some sort of funeral dirge/musak crap?

What has playing salah then got to do with now, absolutely nothing
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #732: Jan 05, 2021 10:13:52 am

City plays methodical football, we play more coincidental football that prefers effort over skill. It works, because you do not need the quality of players you'd need for City's style. And if you look at silverware it also works in that category. But of course there's a cost: dry spells. City won't have such longer dry spells, maybe 1-2 games but that's it, our style is always good for 5-6 games of cr*p. Live with it or feel sorry.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #733: Jan 05, 2021 10:17:05 am
      City plays methodical football, we play more coincidental football that prefers effort over skill. It works, because you do not need the quality of players you'd need for City's style. And if you look at silverware it also works in that category. But of course there's a cost: dry spells. City won't have such longer dry spells, maybe 1-2 games but that's it, our style is always good for 5-6 games of cr*p. Live with it or feel sorry.

I'd say losing 6 or 7 key players also has something to do with this dry spell.

City can absorb injuries a lot easier than we can.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #734: Jan 05, 2021 10:39:44 am

I didn't see 5-6 of crap last season from us and City certainly produced 5-6 games of crap last season and more than 2 this season,definitely the injuries have played there part and our best midfielder playing at CB for 3 months hasn't helped.We have to many players off form and players coming back from injuries not up to speed/match fitness,even i think Robbo said in an interview once if even 1 player is not playing the way the system works to then it doesn't work.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2021 10:51:04 am by weareliverpool »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #735: Jan 05, 2021 11:02:10 am

Quick Reply