Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      9 (15.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (11.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.7%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (6.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      35 (59.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Jan 08, 2021 09:54:54 pm

Southampton 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29828 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Southampton 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Jan 05, 2021 05:36:52 pm
      I like this reverse psychology sh*t

Far from it, it's a opinion. Your playing to much poker.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #783: Jan 05, 2021 05:41:15 pm
      I'd say losing 6 or 7 key players also has something to do with this dry spell.

This is what I've been saying all along but it appears plenty think otherwise.  :f_doh:
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #784: Jan 05, 2021 05:46:15 pm
      It's simply not true.
      Klopp has been in charge for 272 matches, winning 164, and you're saying that teams have just now managed to work us out?

Bollocks.

They had Klopp sussed before he even came here.
      They knew his style, they knew his tactics.
      Fucks sake, it's like when he gave his Sky interview about tactics, and all the idiots were shouting that he'd given his secrets away.

Other clubs aren't run by f**king muppets who have been scratching their balls for nearly 300 matches going "durr, no idea how this lot play".
      It's an incredibly fatuous statement.
      Clubs put a huge amount of resources into dissecting and analyzing other clubs way of playing.
      We're not in the Jewson's Sunday league ffs.

It's down to a bit of bad form.
      Nothing else.
      And that gets solved on the training ground.

Ok. A good team is a good team forever. No winning team ever has to evolve or change, because teams are simply incapable of countering a team once it is successful.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #785: Jan 05, 2021 05:51:07 pm
      Ok. A good team is a good team forever. No winning team ever has to evolve or change, because teams are simply incapable of countering a team once it is successful.

No, good teams have bad spells.

Klopp's had his teams playing the same way for 20 years.
      He has been recognised by his peers as the best manager in the world.
      He makes tweaks and changes for every game, and plans differently for every opponent.

The idea that some of the top managers in the world have only just sussed him out is frankly, ridiculous.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #786: Jan 05, 2021 05:54:36 pm
      No, good teams have bad spells.

Klopp's had his teams playing the same way for 20 years.
      He has been recognised by his peers as the best manager in the world.
      He makes tweaks and changes for every game, and plans differently for every opponent.

The idea that some of the top managers in the world have only just sussed him out is frankly, ridiculous.
      Let's hope he stays until he's 70 then because by that reckoning we'll never lose a league title or champions league until he retires.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #787: Jan 05, 2021 05:58:33 pm
      Let's hope he stays until he's 70 then because by that reckoning we'll never lose a league title or champions league until he retires.

Trying to be a snidey smart arse because your crappy argument fell apart isn't a good look.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #788: Jan 05, 2021 06:02:25 pm
      Trying to be a snidey smart arse because your crappy argument fell apart isn't a good look.
      Throwing insults because you don't agree with someone else's opinion isnt a good look either. Someone your age should know better.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #789: Jan 05, 2021 06:31:30 pm
      Throwing insults because you don't agree with someone else's opinion isnt a good look either. Someone your age should know better.

To be fair mate you are talking a lot of sh*t
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #790: Jan 05, 2021 06:49:12 pm
      Don't mind Carra's analysis of other teams but he's completely lost the plot regarding us in recent times. Tries so hard to come off as not biased that he's all over the place really.

It was such a clear penalty, felt cringey watching him dissect it down and try to claim it wasn't.

Loved Carra as a player for us but the reality is he's a blue at heart,there his first love and we are his second love(team) when we are winning.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #791: Jan 05, 2021 06:49:14 pm
      To be fair mate you are talking a lot of sh*t

If you say so.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #792: Jan 05, 2021 06:50:12 pm
      It certainly has an impact, probably more so yesterday than during the West Brom for example. Henderson looked a bit lost at times in the first half yesterday and found himself well out of position (only to be expected) and against Newcastle we saw Phillips get skinned for pace a few times as well as being uncertain in possession. All of this impacts on the others slightly, it might be the full-backs dropping a little deeper or not playing a pass back to t a centre-half in a pressured situation because they have less confidence in them.

Also, the VVD impact is still very noticeable, not just his dominance in the air and the fact that very few forwards even try to dribble past him. We've also missed his passing range both in transition and when the oppo have dropped and there is time on the ball.

Regards who is the best, i really don't know that Phillips is the best call. Against the bus parkers you could argue you would be better off with Williams, he's very comfortable and composed in possession, probably a little bit quicker, and if the oppo press i think he is perhaps less likely to make a mistake. If we were up against someone like Burnley who throw the ball into the box to Wood and Barnes i'd take Phillips all day though.

It's hard to say what the best option is between Phillips and Williams (and Hendo for that matter) based on so few performances. I expected Williams to be a bit quicker than Phillips too, but my impression from the 2 recent games was it was the other way round. Wilson went past Phillips fro Newcastle more because Phillips tried to ease him off the ball rather than just hold him up, rather than being beaten for pace. Whereas Williams looked surprisingly slow against W Brom. But, like I say, hard to be sure. I think the key thing is to get in a new CB who is both top class, and genuinely quick. In the meantime, I'd go Phillips of the 3, but none of the 3 are ideal.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #793: Jan 05, 2021 07:00:14 pm
      TAA and Alison were terrible.having Henderson as CB was useless. Nat Philips would have been enough. The front 3, particularly Firmino, need to return to their basics. Wijnaldum was a ghost.

But the main culprit is Klopp. By trying to be optimistic and positive after disastrous performances, he is becoming delusional. This team has been average for weeks now. We need another player at the front and a new CB.

What do you expect Jürgen to say in public?He's never going to throw the players under the bus (did you see his face/reaction when told TAA gave the ball away 38 times?) but i bet he fries them after in the dressing room and training,everyone can make excuses but the reality is with virtually every player out this season being injured or covid and our best player injured long term we are still competing for the top spot and that's credit to Jürgen,he still has plenty of time to turn our away form around and we still have United twice and city at home to play with 63 points to play for.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #794: Jan 05, 2021 07:39:59 pm

I haven't thrown any insults, just spoken straight.

People have been spouting the same bullshit since Klopp's first season, and they keep getting proved wrong.

Man the F**k up, and admit you got it wrong.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #795: Jan 05, 2021 07:48:00 pm
      I haven't thrown any insults, just spoken straight.

People have been spouting the same bullshit since Klopp's first season, and they keep getting proved wrong.

Man the f**k up, and admit you got it wrong.

I "got it wrong"
      You mean I said something you don't agree with.

You can no more prove you're right than you can prove I'm wrong. You think you're right, nice one.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #796: Jan 05, 2021 07:53:14 pm
      I "got it wrong"
      You mean I said something you don't agree with.

You can no more prove you're right than you can prove I'm wrong. You think you're right, nice one.

No, I mean by any measure of logic, rational thought or even common sense, you're F***ing wrong.

The fact you can't admit it says a lot.

The fact you keep trying to have the last word also says a lot.

Crack on.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #797: Jan 05, 2021 08:07:41 pm
      No, I mean by any measure of logic, rational thought or even common sense, you're f**king wrong.

The fact you can't admit it says a lot.

The fact you keep trying to have the last word also says a lot.

Crack on.

Coming from the guy who keeps telling someone to admit they're wrong because he doesn't agree with them, that's pretty rich.

Keep thinking you're right pal, if it helps.
      A rabid desire to be right and tell others they're wrong is a wonderful trait to possess.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #798: Jan 05, 2021 08:10:35 pm
      Really hope we sign a CB - but don't think in the last 3 games that's the reason we've dropped so many points.
      We've had a shedload possession, lots of pressure in the opposition final 3rd.
      But we barely got off a decent fecking strike. Against Newcastle we should've scored, dunno how we didn't.
      Next training session - shooting practice !!!!!!
      When the front three are a bit off form, it happens, has happened before. Salah has been a passenger.
      Jota had been scoring some really important goals, top class finishes, was playing great, starting some games.
      Not being able to bring him in has cost us. Shaq made no diff last night. AOC hasn't lit any fires. Taki didn't get a run.
      Would expect 1 or both of the Manc clubs to pass us out when games in hand caught up.
      And am sure one or other of em will go on a decent run, so we need to improve, and fast.
      Make some shooting chances just outside the box, and commit to the shot, no F***ing leaning back sh*t.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #799: Jan 05, 2021 08:47:35 pm
      I read the match thread. Drama and histrionics is exactly it.

Salah needs benching, Firmino is sh*t,, TAA has lost the plot, blah, blah, f**king blah.
      Heard it all before, literally hundreds of times.

Something else I've heard so many times is "things need to change". Yeah, the very same things that saw us have one of the most successful periods in our history.
      So you've gone from "teams have worked us out", which of course is utter nonsense considering we've been playing the same way since Klopp got here, to "we need to change" a successful formula that brought us a first league title in decades.

There's nothing magical about it.
      Players lose a bit of form, other teams are allowed to play well, sometimes we have a bad patch as all teams do.

What you don't do is throw everything out, and start again.

The tactical and positional tweaks are there every game for those who are able to see them, as are the in game formational changes.

We lost our 2 starting defenders, and then our 3rd choice.
      F**k all anyone can do about that, and given our style of play, I doubt a new CB is going to slot in seamlessly and make everything better.

Like I said; it's football, sh*t happens.
      You can either get over it and move on, or not.
      Your choice.
      I've already moved on.

clearly you have not moved on hence why you are still in this thread you numpty.

BTW please tell us about the genius tweaks Klopp made in between the draw to WBA at home and the loss to Southampton away, to me we played exactly the same in all three matches, tedious plodding attacks, utterly predictable and easily defended.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #800: Jan 05, 2021 09:39:27 pm
      Coming from the guy who keeps telling someone to admit they're wrong because he doesn't agree with them, that's pretty rich.

Keep thinking you're right pal, if it helps.
      A rabid desire to be right and tell others they're wrong is a wonderful trait to possess.

Let's have a look shall we?

You said teams "have sussed us out".
      So, you think some of the top managers in the world have spent nearly 300 games watching us, playing us, planning for us, and have only "sussed us out" in the last 3 matches.
      Clearly that's nonsense.
      Now you can hide behind "it's my opinion" all you want, but you and I both know it's a F***ing cop out, and you just don't like the fact someone has pointed out how ridiculous it is to say that after nearly 300 matches, when we've lost and drawn plent of those.

When we lost and drew before, was that not because other teams had "sussed us out", or was it for different reasons?
      If so, what were those reasons?

People have been saying "other teams have sussed us out" since Klopp's first season.
      If that was really the case, we wouldn't have won anything, would we?

We wouldn't have had record points totals, twice, and won trophies.

This is not just disagreeing, it's pointing out something so obvious, you should really be embarrassed to have posted what you did.
      But no, instead of having a think about it, looking at reality and maybe changing your mind, you hide behind "it's my opinion".

Now everyone who has spent more than 5 minutes on the internet knows what this actually means is "I know I'm wrong, but I'm going to keep hiding behind something so I don't have to admit it".
      Then instead of a friendly conversation, you start throwing out accusations of insults (there hasn't been any) and generally being a cock, because you simply cannot admit you got something wrong.

In case you don't know, the same topic has been done to death by the wum plussing you.
      They do that to encourage you to keep up your obstinacy, because they delight in stirring the sh*t.
      He might have even sent you a message - that's his usual sh*t stirring MO.

So it's really up to you if you want to go down that road of being used and manipulated by the forum wum.

I'll stick to my guns when I know I'm in the right, the same as every other poster.

Knowing you're clearly wrong, but refusing to admit it won't get you very far.

Your choice.
      I have no issue sticking you on ignore along with the wum who thinks he's using you to do his dirty work for him, because he thinks he can get a rise that way.
      Again, your choice.

Have a good evening.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #801: Jan 05, 2021 09:57:51 pm
      I still can’t get my head around how Jürgen kept two 6ft whatever, young centre halves in the shape of Williams and Phillips, on the bench for the whole 90 minutes.
      Southampton played a lot of young players who, quite frankly, dribbled rings around us, yet we didn’t allow our two promising young lads on the pitch and link up together, giving Fabs and Henderson the opportunity to shield them in midfield, where they belong.

Oh and he replaces young Trent with pensioner Milner !! Do me a favour.

Why also, did Jürgen play Minamino for the full 90 minutes when we annihilated Crystal Palace four games ago, yet has sat him on his arse since ?? WTF has the poor lad done? And to rub salt even more, he brings on Shaqiri instead, who we should’ve off loaded ages ago.

It gonna be very interesting to see who starts against Villa in the cup ! Very interesting..

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #802: Jan 05, 2021 10:32:14 pm
      I still can’t get my head around how Jürgen kept two 6ft whatever, young centre halves in the shape of Williams and Phillips, on the bench for the whole 90 minutes.
      Southampton played a lot of young players who, quite frankly, dribbled rings around us, yet we didn’t allow our two promising young lads on the pitch and link up together, giving Fabs and Henderson the opportunity to shield them in midfield, where they belong.

Why also, did Jürgen play Minamino for the full 90 minutes when we annihilated Crystal Palace four games ago, yet has sat him on his arse since ?? WTF has the poor lad done? And to rub salt even more, he brings on Shaqiri instead, who we should’ve off loaded ages ago.

It gonna be very interesting to see who starts against Villa in the cup ! Very interesting..

Klopp knows fuckall right... ( kisses teeth)..
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #803: Jan 05, 2021 10:41:03 pm

Pensioner Milner?show some respect for our vice captain, a very good player and he's one of the fittest of everyone in the whole squad,why when we lose and play bad do people come on the forum and have to be so disrespectful to our manager and players and other forum members who they don't agree with.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #804: Jan 06, 2021 12:00:59 am
      Pensioner Milner?show some respect for our vice captain, a very good player and he's one of the fittest of everyone in the whole squad,why when we lose and play bad do people come on the forum and have to be so disrespectful to our manager and players and other forum members who they don't agree with.

James Duracell Milner has had a great career however his time with us has/is within the twilight zone.(that’s not being disrespectful)
      I certainly wasn’t disrespectful in my post to our manager or any other member of this forum, so wind your F***ing neck in !

My point is that a certain Stuart Armstrong ran the midfield with his team mate Diallo and we couldn’t cope with them.
      Admittedly Armstrong is 28 but the majority of their team last night were young lads, keen to prove a point and their manager had faith in them and gave them the opportunity to play against the Champions.
      Yet we kept our two young centre halves along with a young right back cover(Williams) on the bench for the whole game.

Rant over !!

Quick Reply