Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villa?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      1 (1.6%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.1%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (9.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      5 (7.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      48 (75%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Jan 12, 2021 09:37:16 pm

Aston Villa 1-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23667 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Aston Villa 1-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Jan 08, 2021 09:58:17 pm
      Risky and downright irresponsible.

Fab is our best defender for the rest of the season. He stays in the back, for me.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #392: Jan 08, 2021 09:58:50 pm
      Believe me that won't happen be Hendo , Gini and Thiago , Shaq on if chasing game

If he comes on it will be at forward, like he did tonight.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #393: Jan 08, 2021 09:59:26 pm
      Fab is our best defender for the rest of the season. He stays in the back, for me.

Correct. On merit he would actually be Van Dijk's partner ahead of Matip and Gomez. He's been THAT good in CB.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #394: Jan 08, 2021 10:00:56 pm
      I'm the one who went with Shaq as MOTM. Thiago was excellent, but Shaq created two goals when were struggling to break through. I thought he had a vital impact.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #395: Jan 08, 2021 10:00:58 pm

Everyone including Jürgen recognizes the need to bring in another defender, but it has been explained in some detail that because of CoVid's impact on finances, buying someone in January who can make a difference in the back line is not happening. I'd prefer not to declare that it leaves no hope for us to win the league this season.

This is clearly BS That the club are spinning that quite a few fans have bought hook line and sinker.

West Ham have off loaded Haller for £20M, there is enough dead wood at the club to raise some money if the Yanks won’t dip into their pockets.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #396: Jan 08, 2021 10:02:03 pm
      This is clearly BS That the club are spinning that quite a few fans have bought hook line and sinker.

West Ham have off loaded Haller for £20M, there is enough dead wood at the club to raise some money if the Yanks won’t dip into their pockets.

That is clearly BS. Hammers sold that guy at a loss. You wouldn't be getting much from the "dead wood" now would you? Not enough to buy someone worthwhile.

rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #397: Jan 08, 2021 10:02:47 pm
      If he comes on it will be at forward, like he did tonight.

Didn't say he would be coming on in midfield but he will be on bench and coming on if chasing game
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #398: Jan 08, 2021 10:03:07 pm
      I love when our captain gets this silly flack with calls to he dropped then immediately shuts them all up again the next big game.

I hope i'm wrong and you are right,it's just the way i see it,i would love for Hendo to get back to form,i think he's a good player and captain and has proved many wrong many times.
      Why did you ask how long i've supported Liverpool?
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #399: Jan 08, 2021 10:03:42 pm
      But we will need for the form to improve.

What do you mean by that? We play like we always play. I mean - literally - look at a game from last season and you'll see very much the same you did see tonight or against the Saints, just more luck in the box. I don't see a difference in effort or style. Of course one can ask if that's part of the problem since teams could adjust.

I personally see this team playing the same like one season ago but no fans make an impact because we did always drive on the emotion and now it's like a sterile game. That hurts us more than City for instance.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #400: Jan 08, 2021 10:04:17 pm
      I'm the one who went with Shaq as MOTM. Thiago was excellent, but Shaq created two goals when were struggling to break through. I thought he had a vital impact.

He would have been my next pick after Thiago.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #401: Jan 08, 2021 10:07:55 pm
      Alisson

Trent
      Matip
      £?
      Robertson

Fabinho
      Thiago
      Henderson

Mane
      Firmino
      Salah

Do it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #402: Jan 08, 2021 10:08:17 pm
      What do you mean by that? We play like we always play. I mean - literally - look at a game from last season and you'll see very much the same you did see tonight or against the Saints, just more luck in the box. I don't see a difference in effort or style. Of course one can ask if that's part of the problem since teams could adjust.

I personally see this team playing the same like one season ago but no fans make an impact because we did always drive on the emotion and now it's like a sterile game. That hurts us more than City for instance.

Not referring to style or effort.

I mean we typically perform at a higher level, more effectively, with higher quality, than we have in the past few games. I'm not using some of the more vicious pejoratives on here. I think vs. Newcastle we actually played fairly well, but overall we play/do better. That's all. I totally expect a rebound in form from us against top-flight opposition.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #403: Jan 08, 2021 10:08:56 pm
      That is clearly BS. Hammers sold that guy at a loss. You wouldn't be getting much from the "dead wood" now would you? Not enough to buy someone worthwhile.

You can lead a horse to the water.....but you can't make him drink it.

It was been explained many times in different ways as to why we are likely to not get a CB this window, but people just don't grasp it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #404: Jan 08, 2021 10:12:19 pm
      You can lead a horse to the water.....but you can't make him drink it.

It was been explained many times in different ways as to why we are likely to not get a CB this window, but people just don't grasp it.

This the the same explanation we had to listen to before VVD rocked up at the club? Cos I remember the same bullshit explanations why we weren't signing a centre-back throughout the winter of 2017.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #405: Jan 08, 2021 10:13:53 pm
      This the the same explanation we had to listen to before VVD rocked up at the club? Cos I remember the same bullshit explanations why we weren't signing a centre-back throughout the winter of 2017.

I don't recall Covid being around in 2017/18.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #406: Jan 08, 2021 10:14:08 pm
      Alisson

Trent
      Matip
      £?
      Robertson

Fabinho
      Thiago
      Henderson

Mane
      Firmino
      Salah

Do it.

I agree though maybe I'd give Shaq a good look, maybe him for Bobby or Salah?!?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #407: Jan 08, 2021 10:15:35 pm

So you are saying one of the Top 5 earning clubs in the world by revenue with probably one of the largest fan bases who have recently won the league and CL, plus  with the revenue they have been generating from Top 4 finishes can’t afford a CB. Have you seen our net spend over the last few seasons?

Get to F**k.

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #408: Jan 08, 2021 10:16:35 pm
      I meant to put Thiago as mom but put Shakiri.
      What a player this guy is,  I cant think of of a player of all my years who can read a game like he does.
      A master
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #409: Jan 08, 2021 10:17:11 pm
      Well done to Shaq too. Another player who's doesnt just try and run or kick it into the brick wall

Him and Thiago 2 players who slow it down and speed it up at the right times.

Without those 2 it looked like more of the same.

2 players there with some craft.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #410: Jan 08, 2021 10:18:05 pm

There was no Covid in 2017 and fans were in the stadium. How could it have been the same explanation?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #411: Jan 08, 2021 10:19:05 pm
      I don't recall Covid being around in 2017/18.

Yeah but I still remember the same whinging about money! Doesn't matter about F***ing covid, it's money that is the problem. How come Covid wasn't a problem in signing Thiago?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #412: Jan 08, 2021 10:21:23 pm
      So you are saying one of the Top 5 earning clubs in the world by revenue with probably one of the largest fan bases who have recently won the league and CL, plus  with the revenue they have been generating from Top 4 finishes can’t afford a CB. Have you seen our net spend over the last few seasons?

Get to f**k.

I'm saying this ownership group isn't going to keep spending as much when there is far less revenue coming in.

And I won't close my post as disrespectfully as you have. All I did was disagree with you, citing repeated comments from the manager.  Said nothing worthy of that comment.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #413: Jan 08, 2021 10:24:16 pm
      There was no Covid in 2017 and fans were in the stadium. How could it have been the same explanation?

Because money was involved, act as sarcastic as you want, but what you're saying is soundjng like excuses again as to why we won't sign a defender. And I'm not talking emergency signings. A point made to me the other day by my dad's mate watching the saints game is that the continual F***ing around with the defence playing fab and hendo there will be what costs us the league.

Quick Reply