Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: FA Cup 4th round v Utd away

Read 13089 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: FA Cup 4th round v Utd away
      Reply #23: Jan 12, 2021 06:49:31 am
      I would play a strong side. We play Burnley just before this. That would be the opportunity for rotation, not this one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #24: Jan 12, 2021 06:58:23 am

Considering its sandwiched between Utd and Spurs in the league I say play a weakened team and hope for the best, I really don't care about the FA Cup.

Because it's United can't see any of us starting with such a weakening team mate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #25: Jan 12, 2021 06:59:56 am

I'm still out of town  so can't be me.  :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Jan 12, 2021 12:09:00 pm
      Could well be the first time that the majority of fans from both sides wont hatr losing, less games in a crazy season.

Personally Id love to win the cup and certainly wsnt to best utd, twice in a week  be tasty.

Interestingly Gini said the lads want to win the cup as its the only one mussing from the collection (players must dismiss the league cup to).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #27: Jan 12, 2021 01:05:56 pm
      Had some sh*t luck of Premier League opposition away in both domestic cups for a long long time now.

Could have done without it but I don't think it changes the fact that it's not really a priority.  Fact there will be no fans there probably makes it even easier for Klopp to send a second string team, which he will no matter the result of the League fixture.

United probably the favourites for this - at home and as they can probably muster a 'more senior' second XI than we can right now.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #28: Jan 12, 2021 03:20:55 pm
      I'm probably in the minority here, but I love this draw!  I F***ing love playing against this lot as it is a more passionate affair than any other.  These are the matches that make you want to watch footie -- losing hurts more, but winning tastes so much sweeter!!  As such, I'm hoping for a senior level team who can win this match and I really hope we have a real go at trying to win the FA Cup this year. 
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #29: Jan 12, 2021 03:26:42 pm
      Could well be the first time that the majority of fans from both sides wont hatr losing, less games in a crazy season.

Personally Id love to win the cup and certainly wsnt to best utd, twice in a week  be tasty.

Interestingly Gini said the lads want to win the cup as its the only one mussing from the collection (players must dismiss the league cup to).

When did fans stop caring about the FA Cup?  I've always loved it, particularly because of the situations like with Marine -- it gives a team full of nobody's the chance to dream big.  I just love the idea that an 8th tier side could go against the odds and earn the chance of gracing the same field as world class stars.  Everyone loves a good David/Goliath story, and I just think that is the epitomy of the FA Cup. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #30: Jan 12, 2021 03:37:52 pm
      When did fans stop caring about the FA Cup?  I've always loved it, particularly because of the situations like with Marine -- it gives a team full of nobody's the chance to dream big.  I just love the idea that an 8th tier side could go against the odds and earn the chance of gracing the same field as world class stars.  Everyone loves a good David/Goliath story, and I just think that is the epitomy of the FA Cup. 

No idea mate. I actually think its unfair of clubs  to deny fans a chance of success. Newcastle for example. Last trophy? Surely they can manage to finish 15th and try a cup run at the same time..

Surival in the premier league comes first!! Think if I followed Brighton or West brom and the likes winning the cup would ease the blow of being relegated, chances are youll be back up a year later anyway...17th place over the cup, joke
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #31: Jan 12, 2021 03:54:28 pm
      I'm probably in the minority here, but I love this draw!  I f**king love playing against this lot as it is a more passionate affair than any other.  These are the matches that make you want to watch footie -- losing hurts more, but winning tastes so much sweeter!!  As such, I'm hoping for a senior level team who can win this match and I really hope we have a real go at trying to win the FA Cup this year.
      i guess it would be a senior side but mixed with fringe options
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32: Jan 12, 2021 04:12:33 pm
      Hmm playing the nerf-herders.
      They'll be up for it, not just cause they haven't won sh*t for years, but they're on a 'run' and think they're the dogs bollix.
      Plus it's us.
      Depends on the teams put out / who decides they give enough of a sh*t.
      Given we played almost all first team vs Villa's nippers, would think we go pretty strong.
      In fairness they are in decent form, so will be a match.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #33: Jan 12, 2021 04:50:31 pm
      ;D we were always going to get either them or City. Corrupt cu*ts the FA

It must be the hot and cold balls. I don’t really care who we draw. We’re capable of beating anyone. 
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #34: Jan 12, 2021 05:44:08 pm
      United will have an extra day rest going into the game but we'll have an extra day rest between Sunday and the next game, so schedule at least treats both teams equally.

Would be nice to get Keita back ( :lmao:) before then and not sure if it would be too soon for Jota. Matip certainly looks to be back before then so it gives us options at CB. I imagine a mix and match lineup the way we saw against Villa.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35: Jan 12, 2021 10:41:24 pm
      ;D we were always going to get either them or City. Corrupt cu*ts the FA

that just left United then because Cheltenham is probably the hardest 4th round side City have ever played in the FA Cup in the last 10 years.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #36: Jan 12, 2021 10:50:44 pm
      Massive game Sunday now
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #37: Jan 13, 2021 03:00:08 pm
      Made up we've drew them. Much happier knowing I'll be spending next Saturday afternoon watching us face United as opposed to watching us go through the motions against Oldham, Bristol City or some other sh*te. Something to look forward to, especially in the current circumstances!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #38: Jan 13, 2021 07:34:27 pm
      So would you prefer Matip to play the prem match and possibly miss the cup game with another injury, or leave him out until the cup match ?

I’d deffo prefer him in the prem game of the two, as long as he doesn’t break down half way through.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39: Jan 14, 2021 09:19:28 am
      Gonna be epic ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #40: Jan 14, 2021 09:27:03 am
      lets forget about this game.

Sunday first and much more important. And another impirtant league game mideeek before this tie so lets park it until thats done
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #41: Jan 14, 2021 10:37:37 am

Forget a Liverpool v United derby match?
      Never in a month of Sunday's Brian.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42: Jan 16, 2021 05:30:51 pm
      Forget a Liverpool v United derby match?
      Never in a month of Sunday's Brian.  ;D

It's not a derby, he's right, one game at a time, league game hiding for you tw*ts at Anfield first, the cup game can wait.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43: Jan 16, 2021 06:43:28 pm
      It's not a derby, he's right, one game at a time, league game hiding for you tw*ts at Anfield first, the cup game can wait.

It's a Derby in my book.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #44: Jan 16, 2021 10:22:16 pm

Is right laa  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Jan 17, 2021 02:39:18 pm

Yeah but you're a manc and your book doesn't count lad!!

Quick Reply