Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Fulham [Premier League] Sun 7th Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W8 D4 L6

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs United. (Sunday 17th -16:30 KO)

Read 6866 times
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 24 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs United. (Sunday 17th -16:30 KO)
      Reply #150: Jan 16, 2021 10:05:04 pm
      Nerves are starting to kick in now ahead of this one tomorrow. Think we'll all be glued to the phones at 3:29pm anticipating the team sheet. Hopefully Matip is fit but I think we'll have to wait until the release of the team sheet until that question is answered.

If he is fit, I think the team picks itself but if he's unavailable I'd go with the below:
      Alisson; Trent, Hendo, Fab, Robbo; Thiago, Gini, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mané;

I've scrolled through a few posts on this and not sure if I've seen Milner's name pop up on anyone's potential team sheet.
      Personally, I do find him frustrating to watch at times, especially games like the Newcastle one where we were crying out for a creative midfielder. However, in games like the one tomorrow, I think he can have a significant impact. His work rate and experience will certainly help in nullifying any threat from their midfield runners. I especially think he might be useful in helping out Trent as I think Ole will look to exploit that side of ours. As much as I like Jones as a player, I think Milly might just be more suited for tomorrow's match.

In terms of the game itself, I was never 100% confident of beating them even when we were playing at the top of our game and they were struggling. It's always a tough one to call and tomorrow is no different. I think all of the talk that's been sent their way/coming from them with regards to their title credentials, can only help us. People are very expectant of them now and hopefully they'll crumble under that type of pressure. We need a big performance from the whole team if we're gonna win but especially from the front three. If they get half a yard, they need to make it count.

Head: 2-2
      Heart: 3-1 to LFC
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 322 posts | 27 
      Reply #151: Jan 16, 2021 10:07:47 pm
      Got to win this as we're down to third now
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,115 posts | 3925 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #152: Jan 16, 2021 10:08:36 pm
      In hospital right now waiting to find out if I have appendicitis or not and all I can think about is this will all be worth it if we win this f**king game.

Please redmen don't let me down.

Get well soon, bud
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,274 posts | 1761 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #153: Jan 16, 2021 10:22:59 pm
      In hospital right now waiting to find out if I have appendicitis or not and all I can think about is this will all be worth it if we win this f**king game.

Hope everythings ok with ye. Look after yourself
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,924 posts | 1834 
      Reply #154: Jan 16, 2021 10:28:07 pm
      Cant deal with game. Dreading it but hoping for 1 game at least we can muster a huge performance.

Us with the ball and United on the break that will be the pattern.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 97 
      Reply #155: Jan 16, 2021 10:35:11 pm
      We are almost underdogs in the wider media which helps us. We're going to smash them to phucking bits.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,274 posts | 1761 
      Reply #156: Jan 16, 2021 10:47:14 pm
      Apart from winning, the one thing I want tomorrow is to see us work De Gea. Shoot when its on, sometimes even when its not on. Just dont be predictable
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 141 
      Reply #157: Jan 17, 2021 12:09:14 am
      Would not mind Miller starting in midfield, if anything to help out and fill in for Trent when he gets forward. Rashford could have some success against him.

If Matip is fit he starts. We can't have Henderson back there, Klopp even mentioned yesterday that Henderson is important in midfield.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,861 posts | 2932 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #158: Jan 17, 2021 06:03:57 am
      Been out for 3 weeks not 3 months if he is fit he plays could wait another week and just as likely to pull up in that with his record

Aye, that’s true enough but you don’t want it to happen halfway thru the match tomorrow, I’d rather get him back to full match fitness and take it from there, I can’t see the point playing a player not at his optimum, risking further injury, putting added pressure on his peers and giving the oppo a shot in the arm, I’d rather have a fully fit Phillips than a 70% Matip, get him back match fit and ready for the CL and the rest of the season, we will need him, missing him for another match far outweigh’s us losing him for weeks !

Y  N  W  A
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Ian St John

• 440 posts | 79 
      Reply #159: Jan 17, 2021 08:59:03 am
      So nervous about this game,this is the only team that i never can relax when we play this shower of sh*t,can't stand them with a passion,i was at Wembley in 96 when Cantona scored after James messed up again and they beat us at Anfield on my wedding day in 1997.The mancs that i know are so arrogant that there is no better feeling than beating them and then having a cheesy smile from ear to ear for the next week or so whenever i see them.All i hope for today is no VAR gifting them penalties and 3 points for us(a winning late penalty would be nice).
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,867 posts | 961 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #160: Jan 17, 2021 09:03:21 am
      Bring on yer Manchester United  :f_whistle:

Going for 4-0
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,391 posts | 1140 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #161: Jan 17, 2021 09:16:08 am
      Bring on yer Manchester United  :f_whistle:

Going for 4-0

Right score wrong way round......  :f_whistle:
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Ian St John

• 440 posts | 79 
      Reply #162: Jan 17, 2021 09:29:04 am

Not a chance you are winning this 4-0,you are so overrated and an average team with an average manager who have done and won nothing,the best you can hope for is a draw if we are off our game and that's with all our CB's out injured if Matip doesn't make it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,912 posts | 2644 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #163: Jan 17, 2021 09:30:45 am
      Drop your hardest pressing player. I think not. Firmino was made for games like this. bring Shaqiri on late if nothing is working. Otherwise you play your best players and contrary to some meatheads on this forum, Bobby is one of our best players still.

I disagree totally, we need Salah in the middle if we want to win this game. I know that Firmino will play but I would not have played him.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,201 posts | 680 
      Reply #164: Jan 17, 2021 09:31:34 am

Aye, that’s true enough but you don’t want it to happen halfway thru the match tomorrow, I’d rather get him back to full match fitness and take it from there, I can’t see the point playing a player not at his optimum, risking further injury, putting added pressure on his peers and giving the oppo a shot in the arm, I’d rather have a fully fit Phillips than a 70% Matip, get him back match fit and ready for the CL and the rest of the season, we will need him, missing him for another match far outweigh’s us losing him for weeks !

Y  N  W  A

Training different than a match but if he is 70% won't play him anyway will soon find out rather play Phillips against Burnley if I am honest
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,391 posts | 1140 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #165: Jan 17, 2021 09:36:43 am
      Not a chance you are winning this 4-0,you are so overrated and an average team with an average manager who have done and won nothing,the best you can hope for is a draw if we are off our game and that's with all our CB's out injured if Matip doesn't make it.

I know that hence the  :f_whistle: However, our best chance in a while whilst your not at full strength.   I'll settle for a draw though.  ;D  Average manager?? Your too kind  :lmao: Not sure he's that good yet??

I've never sad we're a great team, still progressing in what's a average league this year..
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,867 posts | 961 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #166: Jan 17, 2021 10:02:34 am

Was more in hope in than expectation ;D
      More likely scenario would probably be a narrow victory to us or a draw.

Just feel as though we've owed you a proper beating the last few years while the gulf between the two sides has been so far, but that hasn't really happened. Think we could have (and should have really) won the last two Anfield games by a few more goals, so I'm still holding out for the dream of this side getting a memorable win against United.

That being said though either team rarely batters the other, even at the beginning of the previous decade when you were streets ahead of us I still remember the games being very close. I think the biggest margin of victory (that I can remember anyway) was a 4-0 to you lot at Old Trafford, and I think that was near enough 20 years ago!
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Ian St John

• 440 posts | 79 
      Reply #167: Jan 17, 2021 10:05:35 am
      I know that hence the  :f_whistle: However, our best chance in a while whilst your not at full strength.   I'll settle for a draw though.  ;D  Average manager?? Your too kind  :lmao: Not sure he's that good yet??

I've never sad we're a great team, still progressing in what's a average league this year..

i don't think you progressing at all with OGS,you are in a false position,you haven't beaten any of the so called top 6 this season,losing to spurs and Arsenal and drawing with city(losing in the cup)Chelsea and Leicester.Your fortunes have changed since Fernandes signed and the endless penalties you are getting is becoming a joke but you will see today how much you have progressed when OGS parks the bus like WBA did a while ago (when we have no CB's fit) and tries to counter,this for me is not a team that has progressed but a team that has learned to win games ugly,losing 4 semi-finals in a year is a sign of either bottlers or you have got a championship manager,OGS couldn't lace any of the top 6 managers boots so i'm more than happy that he stays with you long term and gives you all false hope and wins nothing which the glazers would be happy with if you get in the CL every season filling their pockets.You seem level headed and honest compared to the man u fans i know.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 515 posts | 62 
      Reply #168: Jan 17, 2021 10:07:23 am

[/quote

heres an omenous coincidence
      a saturday in Feb 14 and Im in hospital waiting for a burst appendix diagnosis
      Liverpool 5 The Arse 1....that cheered me up
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,115 posts | 3925 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #169: Jan 17, 2021 10:07:52 am
      you haven't beaten any of the so called top 6 this season

Why would you say that?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Ian St John

• 440 posts | 79 
      Reply #170: Jan 17, 2021 10:08:31 am
      Was more in hope in than expectation ;D
      More likely scenario would probably be a narrow victory to us or a draw.

Just feel as though we've owed you a proper beating the last few years while the gulf between the two sides has been so far, but that hasn't really happened. Think we could have (and should have really) won the last two Anfield games by a few more goals, so I'm still holding out for the dream of this side getting a memorable win against United.

That being said though either team rarely batters the other, even at the beginning of the previous decade when you were streets ahead of us I still remember the games being very close. I think the biggest margin of victory (that I can remember anyway) was a 4-0 to you lot at Old Trafford, and I think that was near enough 20 years ago!

The 4-0 was only because the ref sent off Sami Hyypia in the first 5 minutes after a foul on RVN and conceding a pen.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Ian St John

• 440 posts | 79 
      Reply #171: Jan 17, 2021 10:09:40 am

In Rafa's words it's a FACT.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,274 posts | 1761 
      Reply #172: Jan 17, 2021 10:10:15 am

heres an omenous coincidence
      a saturday in Feb 14 and Im in hospital waiting for a burst appendix diagnosis
      Liverpool 5 The Arse 1....that cheered me up

Mad. Look after yourself fella
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2021 10:16:03 am by Brian78 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,115 posts | 3925 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #173: Jan 17, 2021 10:10:56 am

Talk about putting the f**king mockers on it!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,274 posts | 1761 
      Reply #174: Jan 17, 2021 10:11:11 am
      Avoiding the sky sports sh*te until kick off. Cant be listening to them

Quick Reply