Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs United. (Sunday 17th -16:30 KO)

Read 15102 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,147 posts | 1619 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs United. (Sunday 17th -16:30 KO)
      Reply #23: Jan 13, 2021 04:13:21 pm
      The media love in with the mancs has begun. Almost as if they’ve been waiting for the day their top again!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 82 
      Re: Liverpool vs United. (Sunday 17th -16:30 KO)
      Reply #24: Jan 13, 2021 04:32:08 pm
      that CB pairing would get destroyed by Utd's attack. As much as I want Fab back in midfield this is not the game to go gung ho. I really really hope Matip is back for this.

We'd have Hendo & Fab in front of them (Williams-Phillips). Matip won't be back and at some point we need to throw them into the deep water to see if they can swim. Therefore I didn't understand that Jürgen never tried them, e.g. in the FA Cup. Of course he might know more than us...maybe he knows for a fact that they are not PL-ready together.

p.s. Are some fans of us allowed again?
      RedWilly

• 9,147 posts | 1619 
      Reply #25: Jan 13, 2021 04:55:48 pm
      We'd have Hendo & Fab in front of them (Williams-Phillips). Matip won't be back and at some point we need to throw them into the deep water to see if they can swim. Therefore I didn't understand that Jürgen never tried them, e.g. in the FA Cup. Of course he might know more than us...maybe he knows for a fact that they are not PL-ready together.

p.s. Are some fans of us allowed again?

This isn’t the game to be experimenting with an all new back line. It’s Fab and one other, problem is neither Phillips or Williams fills you with confidence.

Hope we can get some of our swagger back in this game but would take a scrappy 1 0 right now.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Liverpool vs United. (Sunday 17th -16:30 KO)
      Reply #26: Jan 13, 2021 05:12:05 pm
      We will concede goals to most teams from nothing and that's the real issue when either Fab or Matip dont play. Its not the basis of a title winning side that.

That adds pressure on to the front players and I dont think we can absorb a competition this season between Mane and Salah on who can score more than the other. I dont know where eithers priorities lie but if its team honours they have to work together.

Can't relinquish our title tamely to United. Somehow we have to find a way to win games and i dont think sticking more midfielders at the back is the way forward either.

If it has to be one of the centre halves who aren't really cut out for PL level then that would be preferable to destroying the midfield in the process of shielding them from matches. I think Matip will play though at weekend which really helps the cause. The worry is the game after that and after that etc..

Very soon we will find ourselves in a different race if we keep dropping points with Everton, Leicester + Spurs. The bare minimum we must maintain our CL status and i dont think that's a certainty at the moment.

Will you please dig deep for a bigger set of balls and step away from the ledge? This is embarrasing.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27: Jan 13, 2021 05:15:03 pm
      United isn't going to come to Anfield and take the game to us. They will do as they usually do and play on the counter which is why i hope Matip is available to play even though i recently read he's a doubt for the game (shocking, i know).

The lineup basically picks itself otherwise but we need to play on the front foot and take it to them. We will be well rested so there's no excuse. They deserve credit for being where they are but it was us who chocked 1st place away and it's time to get it back.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #28: Jan 13, 2021 06:15:45 pm
      Some of the comments about Utd. not being a threat are just silly. Of course they are a threat. They're a threat to win the league and they are a threat to win this game. Thankfully, Klopp and the boys understand that. If Matip is healthy I forsee us with a good shot at 3 points. United have a pattern of falling behind early, so we need to press quickly and put the pressure on them. If Matip plays we will probably play a higher line than with Hendo or one of the youngsters. This will help our midfield get into the attack and be able to do a lot of work off the ball. Big big game. Good guys win 1-0
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 82 
      Reply #29: Jan 13, 2021 07:13:56 pm
      Some of the comments about Utd. not being a threat are just silly. Of course they are a threat. They're a threat to win the league and they are a threat to win this game.

Nah, they are not good enough. They had a lot going on for them up to now and that won't continue. If we play them cautious we will always get a draw, only if we want to beat them and play high then we might get caught in a counter attack.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #30: Jan 13, 2021 07:17:46 pm
      We've got a fight on this season even for CL Qualification
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Jan 13, 2021 07:18:31 pm

We are Liverpool, tra la la la la la,
      We are Liverpool, tra la la la la,
      The best football team in the world - yes we are!

Poetry in motion, tra la la la la,
      Poetry in motion, tra la la la la la,
      Poetry in motion, tra la la la la,
      The best football team in the world - yes we are!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #32: Jan 13, 2021 07:24:16 pm
      I’m thinking whoever we put out, Jürgen has always played quite conservatively against these. Even when they had players hardly able to walk, with all subs used, he didn’t take it too them when the opportunity was there.
      I therefore don’t expect a full throttle start to try and snatch an early goal. I think he’ll once again be over cautious and we’ll struggle to get enough support high up the field. We will once again be more worried about their counter attacks, than we will have belief in our own superiority.
      I was hoping we could go high tempo and put them under lots of pressure from the start, but that’s not been Jurgens way against these in the past few seasons.

We need to win without a shadow of doubt, or we could be slipping down to 4th by the end of the next week.
      Massive massive game, and a load of pressure on the players to bring home the bacon.
      Hoping and praying they can handle it, and also praying Matip will be fit, that’ll be a great help, and we don’t start with Hendo, Milner and Gini in the middle. We know that doesn’t work.
      The front three have to be on fire as well. Playing with each other for the team, instead of for the highest goals count would help.

Food for thought this. With a lot of our crosses seeming to be over hit. Are they? Or are the lads getting over anxious, trying too hard snd making the runs into the box too early, whereby the ball overshoots them 🤷‍♂️
      Seems to be happening rather a lot for no apparent reason.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #33: Jan 13, 2021 07:54:38 pm
      So citeh are a point behind with game in hand, must win no other outcome allowed
      coyr
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34: Jan 13, 2021 08:44:18 pm
      Matip didn't train apparently. That's not a good sign!
      rossyred

• 9,099 posts | 1637 
      Reply #35: Jan 13, 2021 09:04:44 pm
      Matip didn't train apparently. That's not a good sign!

Doing Physio work needs to be out with the rest Friday to have any chance
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #36: Jan 13, 2021 09:06:29 pm
      We need Fab and Matip in the CB positions otherwise Rashford and Fernandes will tear Philips and Williams apart especially with Rashford's pace,hopefully we can get an early goal and make it 2-0 by half time,just win at any costs.I see the ref for the game Tierney has given Utd 5 penalty's in 10 games and 1 against,he as reffed 13 of our games and we have had no pens and 1 against.

Outrageous ref stats, just watched first half of spuds v fulham and he is sh*te
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #37: Jan 13, 2021 09:07:32 pm
      Nah, they are not good enough. They had a lot going on for them up to now and that won't continue. If we play them cautious we will always get a draw, only if we want to beat them and play high then we might get caught in a counter attack.

Theyre counter is really good bud. We will win, but they're good
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38: Jan 13, 2021 10:26:02 pm
      As with every match, winning helps our chances to win the league. But all this must-win narrative....there will be 20 matches remaining after this one.

We WANT to win, fervently. We don't HAVE to win.

harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #39: Jan 14, 2021 02:18:54 am
      As with every match, winning helps our chances to win the league. But all this must-win narrative....there will be 20 matches remaining after this one.

We WANT to win, fervently. We don't HAVE to win.

Quit being so F***ing sensible!!  We only do sensational on here mate.... 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #40: Jan 14, 2021 08:19:09 am
      Quit being so f**king sensible!!  We only do sensational on here mate.... 

😂😂😂😂😂😂
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41: Jan 14, 2021 09:21:47 am
      I think we will show our attacking powers in this game, time for us to end our poor run in style.

Looking forward to Thiago starting, I think he will keep shaq back for 2nd half cameo.

Defence, just bloody pick williams or Philips and stick with him till the other guys are fit, we cant keep changing sh1t around.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42: Jan 14, 2021 10:20:46 am
      Fans are great. Some of the stuff we come out with

"Its a must win

Its not a must win

Its not a must win until we mathematically cant catch them

They are sh*te

They are not sh*te as they are top

Well smash them

Dont know about this one were sh*te....."

Be dull without fans and the different opinions..Mine is, they are good but not in our league if we are at it. If we are not at it then our home record is in big trouble particularly our high line v their break.

Is it a must win? Damn sure it is. If this was 12th v 13th its a must win

LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #43: Jan 14, 2021 10:29:48 am
      It's United, of course it's a must win.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #44: Jan 14, 2021 10:50:00 am
      Fans are great. Some of the stuff we come out with

"Its a must win

Its not a must win

Its not a must win until we mathematically cant catch them

They are sh*te

They are not sh*te as they are top

Well smash them

Dont know about this one were sh*te....."

Be dull without fans and the different opinions..Mine is, they are good but not in our league if we are at it. If we are not at it then our home record is in big trouble particularly our high line v their break.

Is it a must win? Damn sure it is. If this was 12th v 13th its a must win

Difference between saying we have to beat United because it's United, and saying it's a must win because if we don't then the league is lost.

I was referring to the latter (clearly).
      rossyred

• 9,099 posts | 1637 
      Reply #45: Jan 14, 2021 11:06:16 am
      Difference between saying we have to beat United because it's United, and saying it's a must win because if we don't then the league is lost.

I was referring to the latter (clearly).

Would you agree with this " A game we must not lose ?" 😀

Quick Reply