Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs United. (Sunday 17th -16:30 KO)

Read 15060 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs United. (Sunday 17th -16:30 KO)
      Reply #138: Jan 16, 2021 02:26:02 pm
      The cheating c**t Fernandes has been mouthing off about the Mancs winning 21 league titles and us still being on 19 says he wants to win so their crew can wind our lads up, he's gonna be at it like an Olympic grade diver.
      It seems the sending off rule for play-acting does not apply to this insufferable cheat, actually the red card for play-acting was instigated after the Mancs consistently mobbed the ref and intimidated officials to gain an advantage under Ferguson's tenure, looks like he's had a word with Ole.

He’s a horrible rat looking c**t and will do anything to get a pen tomorrow
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #139: Jan 16, 2021 02:30:10 pm
      He’s a horrible rat looking c**t and will do anything to get a pen tomorrow

Him and Dan James wind me up so much just the look of their faces  :mad:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #140: Jan 16, 2021 04:11:07 pm
      We need ole to be over confident here, we want them attacking us from second one and we'll tear them a new arse hole.

Let's not get worried about these lot, it took a global pandemic, us being ravaged by injuries and going on a bad run for them to catch us, they're still f**king sh*t.

https://twitter.com/anythinglfc_/status/1350398991498932225?s=21
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #141: Jan 16, 2021 04:20:07 pm

If the players ain’t up for this one then we don’t deserve the league, can’t stand those cu*ts, we have to do them!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #142: Jan 16, 2021 04:29:48 pm
      As Bob Marley once said..

Dont worry about a thing, coz every little thing is going to be alright.

Away from the game hope something is in place for Gerry Marsden. He was there often enough to mark important times in the clubs history, he deserves the same.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #143: Jan 16, 2021 05:12:53 pm
      It seems 95% of the pundits snd media are fighting to be the biggest Man U slime ball supporters.
      Haven’t heard sh*t from them till now. All of a sudden they all trying to get up Ole’s arse at the same time.
      Thought 5 Live was a scum podcast.
      Hope and pray we win just to F**k them all off !
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #144: Jan 16, 2021 08:38:05 pm
      In hospital right now waiting to find out if I have appendicitis or not and all I can think about is this will all be worth it if we win this F***ing game.

Please redmen don't let me down.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #145: Jan 16, 2021 08:42:45 pm
      Strongest team we have right now...
      Alison
      TAA
      Matip
      Fabinho
      Robertson
      Wynaldum
      Thiago
      Henderson
      Mane
      Firminho
      Sarah

My only worry, if at all, will be the battle between Rashford and Trent..

Thiago and Fernadez in midfield looks like a tasty headlock too..

Bring it on...

:scarf:

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #146: Jan 16, 2021 09:28:56 pm
      I don’t think Jürgen will risk Matip even if he does come through a couple of training sessions, this is one game, there’ll be another 19 after this one to set the record straight, they know they are in a false position, they know too that both ourselves and Shitty are the real contenders and they are simply the form team, normality will prevail when it matters most at the end of the season NOT halfway,

It’s a gamble but I think Jürgen will play Nat Phillips next to Fabinho and have Hendo in front protecting, it’s risky I know but I think the emphasis tomorrow will be to attack their back line, if Joel makes it then fine but I think it’s too high a risk, we can’t expect the lad to be at his best, which he will need to be against this lot, in his first match back from injury, we risk losing him for weeks if we do, and we simply  cannot afford for that to happen, like I said  this is one match, it’s not a title decider, it’s not even a MUST win either, yes it’s against the enemy, and the team you wanna beat the most, but the league isn’t won or lost in one game,

We’ve been absolutely pants recently, but what better game is there to get back on track, remember, form goes out the window in these fixtures, I remember when MUtants were in their prime we would still go there and give them a game, and f***in do them, so I have no worries that we won’t be up for it tomorrow,
      I reckon Jürgen will have worked  his magic on our lads, and we will see a different animal, a slightly wounded one granted from baggies Toon etc, but one that says write us off at your peril.

3-1 Champions

Y  N  W  A

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2021 09:36:54 pm by billythered »
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #147: Jan 16, 2021 09:37:57 pm
      We need to start winning again and tomorrow against the sh*t is a good time to start.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #148: Jan 16, 2021 10:01:51 pm
      I don’t think Jürgen will risk Matip even if he does come through a couple of training sessions, this is one game, there’ll be another 19 after this one to set the record straight, they know they are in a false position, they know too that both ourselves and Shitty are the real contenders and they are simply the form team, normality will prevail when it matters most at the end of the season NOT halfway,

It’s a gamble but I think Jürgen will play Nat Phillips next to Fabinho and have Hendo in front protecting, it’s risky I know but I think the emphasis tomorrow will be to attack their back line, if Joel makes it then fine but I think it’s too high a risk, we can’t expect the lad to be at his best, which he will need to be against this lot, in his first match back from injury, we risk losing him for weeks if we do, and we simply  cannot afford for that to happen, like I said  this is one match, it’s not a title decider, it’s not even a MUST win either, yes it’s against the enemy, and the team you wanna beat the most, but the league isn’t won or lost in one game,

We’ve been absolutely pants recently, but what better game is there to get back on track, remember, form goes out the window in these fixtures, I remember when MUtants were in their prime we would still go there and give them a game, and f***in do them, so I have no worries that we won’t be up for it tomorrow,
      I reckon Jürgen will have worked  his magic on our lads, and we will see a different animal, a slightly wounded one granted from baggies Toon etc, but one that says write us off at your peril.

3-1 Champions

Y  N  W  A

Been out for 3 weeks not 3 months if he is fit he plays could wait another week and just as likely to pull up in that with his record
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #149: Jan 16, 2021 10:05:04 pm
      Nerves are starting to kick in now ahead of this one tomorrow. Think we'll all be glued to the phones at 3:29pm anticipating the team sheet. Hopefully Matip is fit but I think we'll have to wait until the release of the team sheet until that question is answered.

If he is fit, I think the team picks itself but if he's unavailable I'd go with the below:
      Alisson; Trent, Hendo, Fab, Robbo; Thiago, Gini, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mané;

I've scrolled through a few posts on this and not sure if I've seen Milner's name pop up on anyone's potential team sheet.
      Personally, I do find him frustrating to watch at times, especially games like the Newcastle one where we were crying out for a creative midfielder. However, in games like the one tomorrow, I think he can have a significant impact. His work rate and experience will certainly help in nullifying any threat from their midfield runners. I especially think he might be useful in helping out Trent as I think Ole will look to exploit that side of ours. As much as I like Jones as a player, I think Milly might just be more suited for tomorrow's match.

In terms of the game itself, I was never 100% confident of beating them even when we were playing at the top of our game and they were struggling. It's always a tough one to call and tomorrow is no different. I think all of the talk that's been sent their way/coming from them with regards to their title credentials, can only help us. People are very expectant of them now and hopefully they'll crumble under that type of pressure. We need a big performance from the whole team if we're gonna win but especially from the front three. If they get half a yard, they need to make it count.

Head: 2-2
      Heart: 3-1 to LFC
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #150: Jan 16, 2021 10:07:47 pm
      Got to win this as we're down to third now
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #151: Jan 16, 2021 10:08:36 pm
      In hospital right now waiting to find out if I have appendicitis or not and all I can think about is this will all be worth it if we win this f**king game.

Get well soon, bud
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #152: Jan 16, 2021 10:22:59 pm
      In hospital right now waiting to find out if I have appendicitis or not and all I can think about is this will all be worth it if we win this f**king game.

Hope everythings ok with ye. Look after yourself
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #153: Jan 16, 2021 10:28:07 pm
      Cant deal with game. Dreading it but hoping for 1 game at least we can muster a huge performance.

Us with the ball and United on the break that will be the pattern.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #154: Jan 16, 2021 10:35:11 pm
      We are almost underdogs in the wider media which helps us. We're going to smash them to phucking bits.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #155: Jan 16, 2021 10:47:14 pm
      Apart from winning, the one thing I want tomorrow is to see us work De Gea. Shoot when its on, sometimes even when its not on. Just dont be predictable
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #156: Jan 17, 2021 12:09:14 am
      Would not mind Miller starting in midfield, if anything to help out and fill in for Trent when he gets forward. Rashford could have some success against him.

If Matip is fit he starts. We can't have Henderson back there, Klopp even mentioned yesterday that Henderson is important in midfield.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #157: Jan 17, 2021 06:03:57 am
      Been out for 3 weeks not 3 months if he is fit he plays could wait another week and just as likely to pull up in that with his record

Aye, that’s true enough but you don’t want it to happen halfway thru the match tomorrow, I’d rather get him back to full match fitness and take it from there, I can’t see the point playing a player not at his optimum, risking further injury, putting added pressure on his peers and giving the oppo a shot in the arm, I’d rather have a fully fit Phillips than a 70% Matip, get him back match fit and ready for the CL and the rest of the season, we will need him, missing him for another match far outweigh’s us losing him for weeks !

Y  N  W  A
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #158: Jan 17, 2021 08:59:03 am
      So nervous about this game,this is the only team that i never can relax when we play this shower of sh*t,can't stand them with a passion,i was at Wembley in 96 when Cantona scored after James messed up again and they beat us at Anfield on my wedding day in 1997.The mancs that i know are so arrogant that there is no better feeling than beating them and then having a cheesy smile from ear to ear for the next week or so whenever i see them.All i hope for today is no VAR gifting them penalties and 3 points for us(a winning late penalty would be nice).
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #159: Jan 17, 2021 09:03:21 am
      Bring on yer Manchester United  :f_whistle:

Going for 4-0
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #160: Jan 17, 2021 09:16:08 am
      Bring on yer Manchester United  :f_whistle:

Going for 4-0

Right score wrong way round......  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply