Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs United. (Sunday 17th -16:30 KO)

Read 15067 times
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs United. (Sunday 17th -16:30 KO)
      Reply #161: Jan 17, 2021 09:29:04 am
      Right score wrong way round......  :f_whistle:

Not a chance you are winning this 4-0,you are so overrated and an average team with an average manager who have done and won nothing,the best you can hope for is a draw if we are off our game and that's with all our CB's out injured if Matip doesn't make it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #162: Jan 17, 2021 09:30:45 am
      Drop your hardest pressing player. I think not. Firmino was made for games like this. bring Shaqiri on late if nothing is working. Otherwise you play your best players and contrary to some meatheads on this forum, Bobby is one of our best players still.

I disagree totally, we need Salah in the middle if we want to win this game. I know that Firmino will play but I would not have played him.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #163: Jan 17, 2021 09:31:34 am

Aye, that’s true enough but you don’t want it to happen halfway thru the match tomorrow, I’d rather get him back to full match fitness and take it from there, I can’t see the point playing a player not at his optimum, risking further injury, putting added pressure on his peers and giving the oppo a shot in the arm, I’d rather have a fully fit Phillips than a 70% Matip, get him back match fit and ready for the CL and the rest of the season, we will need him, missing him for another match far outweigh’s us losing him for weeks !

Y  N  W  A

Training different than a match but if he is 70% won't play him anyway will soon find out rather play Phillips against Burnley if I am honest
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #164: Jan 17, 2021 09:36:43 am
      Not a chance you are winning this 4-0,you are so overrated and an average team with an average manager who have done and won nothing,the best you can hope for is a draw if we are off our game and that's with all our CB's out injured if Matip doesn't make it.

I know that hence the  :f_whistle: However, our best chance in a while whilst your not at full strength.   I'll settle for a draw though.  ;D  Average manager?? Your too kind  :lmao: Not sure he's that good yet??

I've never sad we're a great team, still progressing in what's a average league this year..
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #165: Jan 17, 2021 10:02:34 am
      Right score wrong way round......  :f_whistle:

Was more in hope in than expectation ;D
      More likely scenario would probably be a narrow victory to us or a draw.

Just feel as though we've owed you a proper beating the last few years while the gulf between the two sides has been so far, but that hasn't really happened. Think we could have (and should have really) won the last two Anfield games by a few more goals, so I'm still holding out for the dream of this side getting a memorable win against United.

That being said though either team rarely batters the other, even at the beginning of the previous decade when you were streets ahead of us I still remember the games being very close. I think the biggest margin of victory (that I can remember anyway) was a 4-0 to you lot at Old Trafford, and I think that was near enough 20 years ago!
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #166: Jan 17, 2021 10:05:35 am
      I know that hence the  :f_whistle: However, our best chance in a while whilst your not at full strength.   I'll settle for a draw though.  ;D  Average manager?? Your too kind  :lmao: Not sure he's that good yet??

I've never sad we're a great team, still progressing in what's a average league this year..

i don't think you progressing at all with OGS,you are in a false position,you haven't beaten any of the so called top 6 this season,losing to spurs and Arsenal and drawing with city(losing in the cup)Chelsea and Leicester.Your fortunes have changed since Fernandes signed and the endless penalties you are getting is becoming a joke but you will see today how much you have progressed when OGS parks the bus like WBA did a while ago (when we have no CB's fit) and tries to counter,this for me is not a team that has progressed but a team that has learned to win games ugly,losing 4 semi-finals in a year is a sign of either bottlers or you have got a championship manager,OGS couldn't lace any of the top 6 managers boots so i'm more than happy that he stays with you long term and gives you all false hope and wins nothing which the glazers would be happy with if you get in the CL every season filling their pockets.You seem level headed and honest compared to the man u fans i know.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #167: Jan 17, 2021 10:07:23 am
      In hospital right now waiting to find out if I have appendicitis or not and all I can think about is this will all be worth it if we win this f**king game.

Please redmen don't let me down.
      [/quote

heres an omenous coincidence
      a saturday in Feb 14 and Im in hospital waiting for a burst appendix diagnosis
      Liverpool 5 The Arse 1....that cheered me up
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #168: Jan 17, 2021 10:07:52 am
      you haven't beaten any of the so called top 6 this season

Why would you say that?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #169: Jan 17, 2021 10:08:31 am

Just feel as though we've owed you a proper beating the last few years while the gulf between the two sides has been so far, but that hasn't really happened. Think we could have (and should have really) won the last two Anfield games by a few more goals, so I'm still holding out for the dream of this side getting a memorable win against United.

That being said though either team rarely batters the other, even at the beginning of the previous decade when you were streets ahead of us I still remember the games being very close. I think the biggest margin of victory (that I can remember anyway) was a 4-0 to you lot at Old Trafford, and I think that was near enough 20 years ago!

The 4-0 was only because the ref sent off Sami Hyypia in the first 5 minutes after a foul on RVN and conceding a pen.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #170: Jan 17, 2021 10:09:40 am

In Rafa's words it's a FACT.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #171: Jan 17, 2021 10:10:15 am
      In hospital right now waiting to find out if I have appendicitis or not and all I can think about is this will all be worth it if we win this f**king game.

Please redmen don't let me down.

heres an omenous coincidence
      a saturday in Feb 14 and Im in hospital waiting for a burst appendix diagnosis
      Liverpool 5 The Arse 1....that cheered me up

Mad. Look after yourself fella
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2021 10:16:03 am by Brian78 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #172: Jan 17, 2021 10:10:56 am

Talk about putting the F***ing mockers on it!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #173: Jan 17, 2021 10:11:11 am
      Avoiding the sky sports sh*te until kick off. Cant be listening to them
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #174: Jan 17, 2021 10:13:45 am

Can't remember that far back.  ;D Yeah can't see 4-0 either way as it just doesn't really happen with these two clubs. They fight right till the end because rivalry so big. It's our best chance to beat you in a while, I'm going for a slender 2-1 win.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #175: Jan 17, 2021 10:23:04 am
      Talk about putting the f**king mockers on it!

Not at all,we are the champions and have been playing two centre backs in Williams and Philips for 3 months,one played non league last season and the other in the German 2nd division and all the injuries we've had but we are still near the summit,which is massive credit to Jürgen and the boys. OGS said they lost the game at Anfield last season with the last kick of the game and that they were in the game,what a load of rubbish we battered them.It's just my view.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #176: Jan 17, 2021 11:01:58 am
      The 4-0 was only because the ref sent off Sami Hyypia in the first 5 minutes after a foul on RVN and conceding a pen.

Wasn't even a foul if I remember correctly!

But yeah that was a rare United victory against us during that period. They really struggled against us under Houllier. Think at one point under him we'd beaten them 5 times on the bounce
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #177: Jan 17, 2021 11:11:43 am

Hopefully not!

Just be aware though that if you do end up winning today, we've already won the Premier League recently so the FA Cup game next week will be the most important... Today will have just been a practice

Unless of course we win 😂
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #178: Jan 17, 2021 11:16:21 am
      They’ve been top about a week and the media would have you believe the leagues done and dusted.

They won’t be anywhere near it come May and Fernandes will be wondering where it all went wrong.

Going 3 1 to the reds.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #179: Jan 17, 2021 11:17:13 am
      Hopefully cut out the hopeful floaty crosses and if we do get in the position low and hard anything  in the air plays into their hands , in and around their feet they are both vulnerable
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #180: Jan 17, 2021 11:20:22 am
      Feeling really good about today’s game... yeah pretty confident..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #181: Jan 17, 2021 12:08:48 pm

But Rafa didn’t say it...you did !
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #182: Jan 17, 2021 12:19:33 pm
      The front line need to be firing on all cylinders have to take their chances that come their way
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #183: Jan 17, 2021 12:35:19 pm
      If we lose today, it will be unbearable!

Quick Reply