Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

P68 W55 D13 L0

Read 1512 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      P68 W55 D13 L0
      Jan 21, 2021 10:53:23 pm
      Well it all ended tonight but I think it's important to look back at the record and say congratulations and thank you to the coaches and the players past and present who contributed to the achievement.

Well done to Burnley for ending it, I think most of us knew it was going to go very soon the way we have been playing of late but now it's gone you have to look back and say we had a hell of a run.

Some great memories of easy wins, hard fought draws and some late, late winners in that time. Origi v Everton of course a highlight for me ;D. The win over the mancs sealed by Salah that really hammered home the title was coming home also up there.

After losing tonight I thought I'd be so down. My Whatsapp going off every 2 seconds with laughter and goading from mancs and blues that you would only get living in Warrington. But I actually found myself looking back and smiling at what we achieved. Great memories of some great players. That form lead us to our first league title in 30 years the first in my life time. The season before - in a separate competition of course delivered the Champions League.

I dont think we will be able to sustain it this season but hopefully we can build a similar home record again and achieve more success. Until then I am incredible grateful to Jürgen and the boys for making it happen.  :)
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2021 10:58:25 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: P68 W55 D13 L0
      Reply #1: Jan 22, 2021 10:35:26 am
      phenomenal run that deserved to be ended by a super goal by a top player not a dubioys peno by an over weight rugby league player.

Cap tipped to Jürgen and the players for that run
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #2: Jan 22, 2021 10:55:56 am
      Great post and it has been a fantastic run, one which has spoiled us if we're all being honest.

I hope losing it kickstarts something with the players as we've a tough few weeks ahead.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,822 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3: Jan 22, 2021 12:22:23 pm
      If you had asked me after game one that we wouldn’t be beaten at home for another 67 games I’d probably say yeah right, stop smoking the dog sh*t pal !

Unbelievable run and quite frankly we witnessed some of the best football this club has ever played, I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if LFCtv made a film about it, something we can all watch over and over again, incredible achievement by all.

We Go Again.....

Y  N  W  A
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #4: Jan 22, 2021 02:00:49 pm
      phenomenal run that deserved to be ended by a super goal by a top player not a dubioys peno by an over weight rugby league player.

Cap tipped to Jürgen and the players for that run

Doesn't bother me, a defeat is a defeat whether we're beaten by a netbuster or a spawny arse pen

Quick Reply