Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Utd?

Alisson Becker
      40 (41.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.1%)
       Fabinho
      40 (41.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (2.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      13 (13.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2021 06:22:40 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30001 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Jan 18, 2021 05:22:53 pm
      Luke Shaw, had Salah in his arse pocket

I was referring to Liverpool's team.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #691: Jan 18, 2021 05:23:08 pm
      Against Burnley I'd definitely like to see Fabinho back in midfield, those bas**rds will sit back all game anyway so we need every creative player we can to break them down. Hopefully Matip is fit for that game and I'd partner him with Nat.

Good shout,Nat's good in the air and will be more than enough for woods next to Matip,but don't think Jürgen will do that.Really annoyed at FSG not getting Jürgen at least 1 CB,VVD is such a massive loss i can't believe they think Jürgen can work wonders with no fit CB's and a net spend of 20m a season.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #692: Jan 18, 2021 05:32:42 pm

What with no fit CB's,enjoy your few weeks of being top because it won't last,where would your team be with no fit CB's playing a kid that played in the non league last season and another player that was in the German 2nd division.You will win F all with OGS in charge,you'd be better off with rat boy in charge.Fab was MOTM by a country mile yesterday followed by Thiago,out of form Salah made Shaw look better than he is.Enjoy your Thursday nights in the Europa.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #693: Jan 18, 2021 05:35:18 pm

Fabinho.

Was superb in defence.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #694: Jan 18, 2021 05:39:47 pm
      What with no fit CB's,enjoy your few weeks of being top because it won't last,where would your team be with no fit CB's playing a kid that played in the non league last season and another player that was in the German 2nd division.You will win F all with OGS in charge,you'd be better off with rat boy in charge.Fab was MOTM by a country mile yesterday followed by Thiago,out of form Salah made Shaw look better than he is.Enjoy your Thursday nights in the Europa.

Where in my post do I state we will anything?
      Fab by a country mile?? You must be the only Liverpool fan that thinks that as the stats are saying Fab 39 - Becker 38 - Thiago 12.  If that's a country mile I'm a Liverpool fan.  :f_whistle:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #695: Jan 18, 2021 05:40:43 pm

He did have a very good game.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #696: Jan 18, 2021 05:51:42 pm
      Fab by a country mile?? You must be the only Liverpool fan that thinks that as the stats are saying Fab 39 - Becker 38 - Thiago 12.  If that's a country mile I'm a Liverpool fan.  :f_whistle:

Tell you what I would be pissed off with is playing against two CMs and CB and waiting 80 mins for a chance lot of Utd fans I know are livid with the negativity of your side
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #697: Jan 18, 2021 05:54:20 pm
      Tell you what I would be pissed off with is playing against two CMs and CB and waiting 80 mins for a chance lot of Utd fans I know are livid with the negativity of your side

Said the same thing, given your weaken side should of gone for the jugular. You probably know what I think of Ole anyway.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #698: Jan 18, 2021 05:54:25 pm
      I liked the good old days when we used to hit the woodwork a lot
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #699: Jan 18, 2021 08:03:27 pm
      Some of the posts in these boards are incredulous, I can understand the frustration and that deflated feeling we all get when we don’t win or even play well, but ffs, some need to engage a brain cell or two before operating their gobs,

In essence in any good side there exists three parts, of which make up a group of eleven players, a defence, a midfield and a attack, that’s the basics, in our situation we have a manager who has a certain method of utilising the eleven players of his choice on any given match day, he has worked out a system that for the most part his eleven players can all play their individual roles in a team designed to play as one unit, from goalkeeper to attack he has worked out a way where he can get the optimum out of all his players if they all follow his system,

Up until September last year everything was going well until a thug with little arms assaulted our colossal CB, since that moment everything we were used to changed and has gone to rat sh*t, there has been other factors that have contributed to our slight fall from grace, namely losing two of our other CB’s, and losing two of our latest signings in Thiago & Jota, 

Prior to us losing Virgil and subsequently Gomez, we had struggled at times to get past the bus parkers, we needed more creativity from midfield and we needed competition & back up for the three amigos and allow rotation,
      So in come Thiago for the creativity & Jota for options up front, but alas, guess f***in what, another thug takes out Thiago, and our relief forward gets crocked in a dead rubber match, add to this Trent, muscle, Milner, muscle, Keita, muscle, Matip, muscle, knee, groin & pride,

So when two thirds of your system is decimated by injury or by having to fill in for those injured it’s obvious that the remaining part of the system are not going to operate to the levels we all got so accustomed to in the last two seasons in particular,

These are the FACTS that I know of, I haven’t mentioned the COVID sh*t, or the fact that we had practically no pre- season, but that also applies to the other sides in the league, but what I will add though is the amount of games our boys have played in the last three seasons with the only breaks they have had is during that first lockdown period and a short pre- season the season before last, so is it any wonder then that some of our lads look knackered or are way off their best,

I think we can all agree that we need reinforcements especially at the back, lots of you crying out for us to sign someone this window, but we won’t, WHY, because the level of player Jürgen wants is simply not available, he just doesn’t buy for the sake of it, and I see his point, you can argue we should have replaced Dejan, but who could have foreseen the injuries we have sustained to three of our CB’s, that’s just pure bad luck and out of our control,

Yesterday I seen signs of a slight improvement in how we have been playing of late, you can see the confidence isn’t there in that side, first half we dominated without so much as a threat but we played ok, it was frustrating because a goal would have made them come to the party more, but we didn’t see that until late second half, by which time both side were content with a draw,

Going forward we have lots to be encouraged about, Thiago is getting better, Matip is imminent, Jota could be back before the end of the month, Shaq has moments under his belt, Virgil seen working with a ball, not sure on Joe’s progress, but all these things are signs that we will get better, and all those thing will improve the confidence in the squad, we are just about halfway in the season, so plenty of time to put things right,
      We just need to be patient and believe that we are definitely still in this race, we just need to BELIEVE!

I started this post like I was talking to six year olds, for which I make no apologies,because that’s how I see how some of you react to our situation, especially the last 4 games, it’s not been pretty but, that’s football, we can’t and won’t have it Good all the time, we have been ironically like six year olds on Xmas mornings the last 4 seasons under Jürgen, so much so that we expect us to be brilliant all the time, well, get used to it we won’t be, and again like six year olds, it’s swings and roundabouts.

Y  N  W  A

Put it across really well ! nice one
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #700: Jan 18, 2021 10:12:22 pm

I think you are a closet Liverpool fan,you keep saying city and us are favourites??What are you basing that on?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #701: Jan 19, 2021 04:44:52 am
      I think you are a closet Liverpool fan,you keep saying city and us are favourites??What are you basing that on?

Your a newbie on the forum  ;D The lads & lasses know I'm a manc. I don't hide behind usernames, you get what you see.

It's not rocket science, City and Liverpool have been the best teams over the last 2/3 years. The only reason your struggling is that you don't have a fully fit  first 11 to chose from. More importantly you can argue couple of them are world class players.

I'd argue almost any team would lose form in such circumstance, espically VVD. The team will get back to winning ways,  $64,000 question is just when. Only problem is the longer it goes on obviously the harder it gets.

Let's not forget with all what's gone on in 2020 (( and still is )) teams are all lacking consistency. Granted City now just sneaking ahead out of the pack and showing the best form in the league, well least in my book.

Some of you fans have already cancelled yourselves out not only winning the league but also top 4.  :o Beggars belief it's just plain crazy to do so. I've been around too long to just write a team off so quickly.

Your 3 points off the top and can't win the league  :o Serioulsy ?. United have some deluded fans but some of you lot catching up very quickly even though we have the bigger  fan base.  :lmao:

So basically, wake up, and smell that coffee, Liverpool not out of winning the league for a while yet.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #702: Jan 19, 2021 09:47:55 am
      We've added a few extra windup types on the boards  as this season has gone on. I think that is what you are noticing Keith. Yes we're struggling for goals but I can't believe a serious Liverpool fan would seriously jump to such gloomy conclusions.

If we start winning again they will go away.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #703: Jan 19, 2021 09:51:09 am
      Your a newbie on the forum  ;D The lads & lasses know I'm a manc. I don't hide behind usernames, you get what you see.

It's not rocket science, City and Liverpool have been the best teams over the last 2/3 years. The only reason your struggling is that you don't have a fully fit  first 11 to chose from. More importantly you can argue couple of them are world class players.

I'd argue almost any team would lose form in such circumstance, espically VVD. The team will get back to winning ways,  $64,000 question is just when. Only problem is the longer it goes on obviously the harder it gets.

Let's not forget with all what's gone on in 2020 (( and still is )) teams are all lacking consistency. Granted City now just sneaking ahead out of the pack and showing the best form in the league, well least in my book.

Some of you fans have already cancelled yourselves out not only winning the league but also top 4.  :o Beggars belief it's just plain crazy to do so. I've been around too long to just write a team off so quickly.

Your 3 points off the top and can't win the league  :o Serioulsy ?. United have some deluded fans but some of you lot catching up very quickly even though we have the bigger  fan base.  :lmao:

So basically, wake up, and smell that coffee, Liverpool not out of winning the league for a while yet.

We wont ever get our first XI on the pitch this season. We will struggle to have a cebtre back for the rest of the year.

I know how good we are and I know why we are struggling.

For that reason our target this season will now sadly have to be top 4, and because of the above that won't be as easy as people may think.

Even for top 4 we need to vastly improve results.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #704: Jan 19, 2021 09:54:31 am
      We wont ever get our first XI on the pitch this season. We will struggle to have a cebtre back for the rest of the year.

I know how good we are and I know why we are struggling.

For that reason our target this season will now sadly have to be top 4, and because of the above that won't be as easy as people may think.

Even for top 4 we need to vastly improve results.

I think our target still is, and should be, to win the league mate but I do agree that deep down it could be beyond is if we don't vastly improve over the next few weeks.

Our two first choice CB out, the third in and out like a yo yo added to the biggest drop off in form I can remember from this front three means a tough run ahead unless we can get out of this slump.

A change in formation or tactics in the forward area is needed unless the three suddenly find some form.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #705: Jan 19, 2021 10:04:11 am
      What match was you watching ? You had one chance on goal that DeGea pushed out for corner, that was it.

Utd were absolutely woefully. Couldn't string a pass together for 70 mins, then had two decent shots on goal.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #706: Jan 19, 2021 10:56:40 am
      I think our target still is, and should be, to win the league mate but I do agree that deep down it could be beyond is if we don't vastly improve over the next few weeks.

Our two first choice CB out, the third in and out like a yo yo added to the biggest drop off in form I can remember from this front three means a tough run ahead unless we can get out of this slump.

A change in formation or tactics in the forward area is needed unless the three suddenly find some form.

I think we're close to the same opinion, just im naturally pessimistic.

Felt like this since about the Fulham game. Its not about how many points we are behind its the situation and how it will continue to effect us.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #707: Jan 19, 2021 12:03:20 pm
      Utd were absolutely woefully. Couldn't string a pass together for 70 mins, then had two decent shots on goal.

30 mins maybe but not 70. Still had the best chances though.  ;)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #708: Jan 19, 2021 12:43:16 pm
      Some of the posts in these boards are incredulous, I can understand the frustration and that deflated feeling we all get when we don’t win or even play well, but ffs, some need to engage a brain cell or two before operating their gobs,

In essence in any good side there exists three parts, of which make up a group of eleven players, a defence, a midfield and a attack, that’s the basics, in our situation we have a manager who has a certain method of utilising the eleven players of his choice on any given match day, he has worked out a system that for the most part his eleven players can all play their individual roles in a team designed to play as one unit, from goalkeeper to attack he has worked out a way where he can get the optimum out of all his players if they all follow his system,

Up until September last year everything was going well until a thug with little arms assaulted our colossal CB, since that moment everything we were used to changed and has gone to rat sh*t, there has been other factors that have contributed to our slight fall from grace, namely losing two of our other CB’s, and losing two of our latest signings in Thiago & Jota, 

Prior to us losing Virgil and subsequently Gomez, we had struggled at times to get past the bus parkers, we needed more creativity from midfield and we needed competition & back up for the three amigos and allow rotation,
      So in come Thiago for the creativity & Jota for options up front, but alas, guess f***in what, another thug takes out Thiago, and our relief forward gets crocked in a dead rubber match, add to this Trent, muscle, Milner, muscle, Keita, muscle, Matip, muscle, knee, groin & pride,

So when two thirds of your system is decimated by injury or by having to fill in for those injured it’s obvious that the remaining part of the system are not going to operate to the levels we all got so accustomed to in the last two seasons in particular,

These are the FACTS that I know of, I haven’t mentioned the COVID sh*t, or the fact that we had practically no pre- season, but that also applies to the other sides in the league, but what I will add though is the amount of games our boys have played in the last three seasons with the only breaks they have had is during that first lockdown period and a short pre- season the season before last, so is it any wonder then that some of our lads look knackered or are way off their best,

I think we can all agree that we need reinforcements especially at the back, lots of you crying out for us to sign someone this window, but we won’t, WHY, because the level of player Jürgen wants is simply not available, he just doesn’t buy for the sake of it, and I see his point, you can argue we should have replaced Dejan, but who could have foreseen the injuries we have sustained to three of our CB’s, that’s just pure bad luck and out of our control,

Yesterday I seen signs of a slight improvement in how we have been playing of late, you can see the confidence isn’t there in that side, first half we dominated without so much as a threat but we played ok, it was frustrating because a goal would have made them come to the party more, but we didn’t see that until late second half, by which time both side were content with a draw,

Going forward we have lots to be encouraged about, Thiago is getting better, Matip is imminent, Jota could be back before the end of the month, Shaq has moments under his belt, Virgil seen working with a ball, not sure on Joe’s progress, but all these things are signs that we will get better, and all those thing will improve the confidence in the squad, we are just about halfway in the season, so plenty of time to put things right,
      We just need to be patient and believe that we are definitely still in this race, we just need to BELIEVE!

I started this post like I was talking to six year olds, for which I make no apologies,because that’s how I see how some of you react to our situation, especially the last 4 games, it’s not been pretty but, that’s football, we can’t and won’t have it Good all the time, we have been ironically like six year olds on Xmas mornings the last 4 seasons under Jürgen, so much so that we expect us to be brilliant all the time, well, get used to it we won’t be, and again like six year olds, it’s swings and roundabouts.

Y  N  W  A

CORRECT 100%  :gt-happyup:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #709: Jan 19, 2021 01:46:25 pm
      Yeah we got a poor run going in but we are only 3 points off top..

We have been written off before... only fools would think our league is over...

We will back on top soon enough..
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #710: Jan 19, 2021 02:53:53 pm
      Even most title winning teams have bad spells during a league campaign, we're just experiencing ours at the moment. It's pretty obvious to see that the current season is nothing like the last 3. This seasons winners will probably finish on around 80 odd points give or take and I'm confident we'll be able to reach that figure. To say the league is gone already is madness.

Utd will drop off eventually, I think most people are in agreement over that. Which only really leaves Man City, who have played well of late but they're not the City of a couple of years ago. Even with Van Dijk and Gomez out injured our first 11 is still far superior than theirs.

Lunatic if you're writing the league off already
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #711: Jan 19, 2021 03:06:03 pm
      So when do we get Jota & Virgil back.. end of the month..?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #712: Jan 19, 2021 03:35:45 pm
      So when do we get Jota & Virgil back.. end of the month..?

Jota is early Feb.

VVD march\April if lucky I think.

Even if guys like matip and naby lad could stay fit for a couple of months that would make such a difference. theyre both class but cant seem to stay fit long enough.

Quick Reply