Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Utd?

Alisson Becker
      40 (41.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.1%)
       Fabinho
      40 (41.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (2.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      13 (13.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2021 06:22:40 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30188 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Jan 17, 2021 06:58:10 pm
      You will regret not trying to win today as once city get on a run you will be left behind,don't know what OGS has been researching on us the last 3 games as we have been garbage so were there for the taking,had you come at us and tried to play football then fair dues if you had won but that was awful by both teams today.

Already regretting it, silly tactics by Ole. I'd of gone all out attack given the chance.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #576: Jan 17, 2021 06:58:46 pm
      Can't believe Klopp is saying that was a good game from us when we didn't look threatening apart from when Thiago was on the ball.

Meh, what he tells the clown media and what he tells his team in private could be very different things.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #577: Jan 17, 2021 06:59:57 pm
      Well Burnley are certainly gonna park the bus, so expect more of the same if changes aren’t made.

We just don’t seem to have any individuals prepared to make a run THROUGH them just to move them around, or even take a shot from 20 yds.

Once it's confirmed United can't win the league just void the season.Bloody depressing.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 573 
      Reply #578: Jan 17, 2021 07:02:07 pm
      Yes but that was a vital game in Denmark and he had to be there.

The only time we have ever had a dead rubber in group stage and we injure our most in form player
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #579: Jan 17, 2021 07:03:01 pm
      Can't believe Klopp is saying that was a good game from us when we didn't look threatening apart from when Tiago was on the ball.

I can understand Klopp. Shots taken: Liv 17 ManU 8. That's the only thing you can somehow control, the rest will always be heavily rely on luck and coincidences, especially with the way we play. The only thing that could be blamed on Klopp is that he wasn't brave enough for Williams-Phillips to free Fab and Hendo into midfield. IMO that would have given us 2-3 goals and maybe 1 goal from ManU. But I can understand Klopp's decision in such an important game.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #580: Jan 17, 2021 07:03:32 pm
      Once it's confirmed United can't win the league just void the season.Bloody depressing.

The ludicrous injuries we've had plus the amount of lost revenue from Covid probably means that this season it just isnt to be.
      It's crap but it isn't the end of the world, the footballing gods have conspired against us to the extent that even Jürgen couldn't counter it all.
      Maybe next year!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #581: Jan 17, 2021 07:04:52 pm
      We just don’t seem to have any individuals prepared to make a run THROUGH them just to move them around, or even take a shot from 20 yds.

I see your point and yes, it feels frustrating to watch us sometimes, but the stats speak a clear language: we have 37 goals so far, top of the league, so there's no problem and therefore no reason to change anything any way.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,332 posts | 281 
      Reply #582: Jan 17, 2021 07:04:57 pm
      Think were all angry or down, and rightly so. But f we can sort ourselves we have half a season to go, we can easily go on a run so dont give up on the title yet

But we need a tweek somewhere

This pretty much where I am. If someone asked me do I think we will retain it? at the moment I'd say no I think City probably will BUT am I giving up?  Not a chance, too many games to go yet.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #583: Jan 17, 2021 07:05:12 pm
      Another point earned thanks to Alisson.

We need to take and move on. Shaqiri made some nice passes.

Come on Reds.
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #584: Jan 17, 2021 07:05:13 pm
      The ludicrous injuries we've had plus the amount of lost revenue from Covid probably means that this season it just isnt to be.
      It's crap but it isn't the end of the world, the footballing gods have conspired against us to the extent that even Jürgen couldn't counter it all.
      Maybe next year!

JFC, there's the entire 2nd half of the season left. How can you possibly give up already? FFS.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #585: Jan 17, 2021 07:06:54 pm
      Not that we don't ahve CB issues, especially so if Klopp doesn't trust Rhys or Phillips (for whatever reason), but our biggest problem right now is in front, bar none.

We control possession but do absolutely nothing with the ball. Nothing.

United: 66%
      Soton: 67%
      Newcastle: 73%
      Brom: 78%

Those are our % of possession in each of those games, and only got 1 goal to show for it. This needs to get fixed asap.

The only stats that matter are scoring more goals than your opponents,keeping the ball and passing sideways and backwards slowing the game down is not what i want to see,we are becoming predictable and boring,to many players are not making the right choices(runs,passes and delaying shots).
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #586: Jan 17, 2021 07:10:14 pm
      JFC, there's the entire 2nd half of the season left. How can you possibly give up already? FFS.

I haven't given up, I've said it may well be a bridge too far given everything that we have already had to go up against. We may well turn things around once Jota returns and if Matip can stay injury free for more than 3 games at a time but I just don't see it happening with everything we are having to contend with.

weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #587: Jan 17, 2021 07:11:16 pm
      Maybe next year!

I think FSG are getting away with a lot,we are liverpool with a net spend of 20m over Jürgen's tenure,where has all the money gone?they loaned us 115m for the new stand (we are still paying back)but we have won the PL and Champions league(aswell as being runners up).
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #588: Jan 17, 2021 07:12:02 pm
      Again, to all of those who question Jürgen's approach: we have scored 37 goals which leads the leauge. What else can u want? This is just a dry spell and the worst thing Jürgen could do is being confused into changing things.
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #589: Jan 17, 2021 07:12:28 pm
      The only stats that matter are scoring more goals than your opponents,keeping the ball and passing sideways and backwards slowing the game down is not what i want to see,we are becoming predictable and boring,to many players are not making the right choices(runs,passes and delaying shots).

There is little movement anymore. We lob to ball into the box when there are 6 of them and 2 of us in it. When we get players in the box we jsut stand there as the CB's or midfielders pass the ball right to center to left and back and our only move is to release the wide player, usually Trent or Robbo, that always results in a cross but lately their crosses have been mostly sh*t as well.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #590: Jan 17, 2021 07:13:21 pm

Come on Reds.

Yep. My sentiments exactly!
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #591: Jan 17, 2021 07:14:29 pm
      I think FSG are getting away with a lot,we are liverpool with a net spend of 20m over Jürgen's tenure,where has all the money gone?they loaned us 115m for the new stand (we are still paying back)but we have won the PL and Champions league(aswell as being runners up).

As they should. This team sits at the top of the world with the greatest manager on earth and a fully remodeled and expanded Anfield and brand new academy which will benefit the team for generations, long after Henry and Co are gone.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #592: Jan 17, 2021 07:16:20 pm

Come on Reds.

Decent oulook
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #593: Jan 17, 2021 07:16:59 pm
      Maybe next year!

Yes maybe next year, but for this year we are in a b***ard of a battle for a top 4 place. We wont be winning a title but we can't afford to miss out on top 4 or Gini will be the tip of the iceberg of players looking to move on.

Cant keep saying 'oh no centre halves and our midfield is in defence ill take a point'.

That's not really going to change now because the club have chosen to F**k the league off this year, but the danger there is we do ourselves some real long term damage beyond this season.

Everton will be above us next week if we keep drawing. We need to start winning or we will get swamped into about 6th or 7th fairly soon.

Its damage limitation time.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2021 07:22:50 pm by fields of anny rd »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #594: Jan 17, 2021 07:20:13 pm
      As they should. This team sits at the top of the world with the greatest manager on earth and a fully remodeled and expanded Anfield and brand new academy which will benefit the team for generations, long after Henry and Co are gone.

You don't sit on your laurels lad!!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #595: Jan 17, 2021 07:21:52 pm
      The attack is the issue. Firmino, Mane and Salah need better competition/cover. They brought Cavani in, we had Minamino or Origi to bring 🤦‍♂️
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #596: Jan 17, 2021 07:24:10 pm
      So F***ing depressing, you look to football to escape this lockdown sh*te but the our form is so worrying and making me feel worse
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 573 
      Reply #597: Jan 17, 2021 07:26:32 pm
      Reminds me of the dismal January’s we had at the start of Jurgens reign. I am sooooo glad we won it last year because this would be unbearable

Quick Reply