Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Utd?

Alisson Becker
      40 (41.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.1%)
       Fabinho
      40 (41.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (2.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      13 (13.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2021 06:22:40 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29573 times
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Jan 20, 2021 08:26:16 pm
      "Hell yeah" that's a great chance. Was there a penalty?

No and the goalie wouldn't have had to make a save, so the impact of the goalie doesn't affect whether something was a good chance or not.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #737: Jan 20, 2021 08:30:33 pm

No and the goalie wouldn't have had to make a save, so the impact of the goalie doesn't affect whether something was a good chance or not.

I'm really lost for words with you... Let's leave it at that.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #738: Jan 20, 2021 08:56:49 pm
      Utd bang average, us probably at this moment a little worse. City could romp away with this as nobody else looks like putting a run together.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #739: Jan 20, 2021 10:12:16 pm

I'm really lost for words with you... Let's leave it at that.

I'll explain in simple terms for you then. You were pretty much saying that unless a goalie has to make a save then it can't be deemed to be a chance. I've demonstrated that your criteria is flawed. Don't see what your issue is.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #740: Jan 20, 2021 10:26:17 pm
      Ah ok so by your reckoning if a player is through on goal but scuffs his shot then it doesn't count as a chance, interesting, that explains why we disagree on this. I'm looking at it more from an xG point of view, ie how good an opportunity was it to score, irrespective of whether the player scuffs the shot or the GK makes a great save etc

Does anyone know where I can see the xG (expected Goals) stat from individual games?

Ah found it, and it makes for interesting reading with Liverpool have an Xg of 1.2 to Man Utd's 1.19, not much in it but certainly not as lopsided as Keith remembers ;-)

https://understat.com/match/14620

Thanks Heim, that's what I was on about, they weren't clear cut chances but they were chances none the less. They all fkn went in against Palace!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #741: Jan 21, 2021 09:30:37 am
      Not at all mate I  like facts, it's just that you try and put words into people's mouths and sometimes twist things round.  ;D   Me stating we had the better chances doesn't mean it's lobsided in a big way as you put it.

If you like facts, why did you laugh when I showed you we had a higher xG than you in the game??? 

I also completely disagree with your assertion that a chance is only a good chance if it leads to a shot on goal, you have to factor in a scuffed or misdirected shot and a last minute tackle if a striker takes to long on the ball like Salah was guilty of.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #742: Jan 21, 2021 11:27:59 am
      If you like facts, why did you laugh when I showed you we had a higher xG than you in the game??? 

I also completely disagree with your assertion that a chance is only a good chance if it leads to a shot on goal, you have to factor in a scuffed or misdirected shot and a last minute tackle if a striker takes to long on the ball like Salah was guilty of.

I laughed coz that's you just being you, you never give up.  :lmao: Sometimes I just can't go on explaining myself ( like others  ;D ) so just leave you too it.  ;D It's not a criticism though so don't panic.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #743: Jan 21, 2021 11:37:27 am
      I laughed coz that's you just being you, you never give up.  :lmao: Sometimes I just can't go on explaining myself ( like others  ;D ) so just leave you too it.  ;D It's not a criticism though so don't panic.

Why can't you admit you are wrong and heimdall is right?Heimdall has explained very well the issue you have choose to make,any simpleton can see that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #744: Jan 21, 2021 05:19:53 pm
      Why can't you admit you are wrong and heimdall is right?Heimdall has explained very well the issue you have choose to make,any simpleton can see that.

You wouldn't agree with me if you had hole in your arse anyway. Already worked you  out on mancs. I'll call you Mr Negative till one of us puts the other on ignore.  ;)
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #745: Jan 22, 2021 02:12:54 pm
      You wouldn't agree with me if you had hole in your arse anyway. Already worked you  out on mancs. I'll call you Mr Negative till one of us puts the other on ignore.  ;)

I thought you weren't the typical Manc but it seems your true colours are starting to show,why don't you go on your own club's forum and celebrate being top in January because that's the only thing you will be celebrating this season,i don't think many people on here value your Manc opinion.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #746: Jan 22, 2021 03:19:18 pm
      I thought you weren't the typical Manc but it seems your true colours are starting to show,why don't you go on your own club's forum and celebrate being top in January because that's the only thing you will be celebrating this season,i don't think many people on here value your Manc opinion.

And you know being a member 5 mins would you? Fortunately members known me long enough to know I'm not (( in your un educated opinion )) a typical manc. Your obviously a sour grape but all clubs have them. How do you know members don't value my/other fans opinion? If you'd been on site long enough you'd know that they do.

Not many Liverpool fans on here from my experience act in the manor your doing but feel free to be Mr negative towards me or other fans that post on here, you'll be easy to deal with.

I don't celebrate or rub members  nose's in when we win either. What's there to celebrate  being top in January anyway? Any prizes given? 

You have a lot to learn being a member on here and hopefully you do, enjoy the forum and try and not be too bitter.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #747: Jan 22, 2021 03:37:55 pm
      And you know being a member 5 mins would you? Fortunately members known me long enough to know I'm not (( in your un educated opinion )) a typical manc. Your obviously a sour grape but all clubs have them. How do you know members don't value my/other fans opinion? If you'd been on site long enough you'd know that they do.

Not many Liverpool fans on here from my experience act in the manor your doing but feel free to be Mr negative towards me or other fans that post on here, you'll be easy to deal with.

I don't celebrate or rub members  nose's in when we win either. What's there to celebrate  being top in January anyway? Any prizes given? 

You have a lot to learn being a member on here and hopefully you do, enjoy the forum and try and not be too bitter.

Can i ask why you are even on a Liverpool forum?Do you go on City's,Chelsea,Spurs,Leicester,Arsenal and the rest of the PL teams forums?Seems very bizarre!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #748: Jan 22, 2021 04:13:49 pm
      Can i ask why you are even on a Liverpool forum?Do you go on City's,Chelsea,Spurs,Leicester,Arsenal and the rest of the PL teams forums?Seems very bizarre!

You can ask anything you want. However, you've not earned any respect from me as of yet judging by the limited post you've made so far. All  you've done is be obtuse and very narrow minded.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #749: Jan 22, 2021 04:22:11 pm

There are Liverpool supporters on Red Cafe.

Nothing wrong with it.

Keith might be Manc Scum but he's our Manc Scum. ;)
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #750: Jan 22, 2021 04:22:31 pm
      You can ask anything you want. However, you've not earned any respect from me as of yet judging by the limited post you've made so far. All  you've done is be obtuse and very narrow minded.

Earned any respect?You have aired your views to which Heimdall answered and explained very well but you still didn't accept it,i suggest you look back at the posts and then say who's obtuse and narrow minded.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #751: Jan 22, 2021 04:26:47 pm

Actually they do. Well I do for one. Always good to have a rivals perspective and Keith is usually respectful on here when he posts. Nothing wrong with having some banter with a rival supporter it's all good.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #752: Jan 22, 2021 04:40:38 pm
      Actually they do. Well I do for one. Always good to have a rivals perspective and Keith is usually respectful on here when he posts. Nothing wrong with having some banter with a rival supporter it's all good.

Why would you care what a rivals perspective is?When you air your views and someone blows it out of the water is it respectful not to acknowledge that?I can't understand why a supporter of another club would come on our forum giving his views on our club,saying the title's between city and us when we can't hit a barn door and are completely out of form and they are top and on form.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #753: Jan 22, 2021 04:42:52 pm
      Earned any respect?You have aired your views to which Heimdall answered and explained very well but you still didn't accept it,i suggest you look back at the posts and then say who's obtuse and narrow minded.

I suggest you read my back post as I already answers originally  and then Heimy just twisted things a little which he often does. Heimy and I get on very well and a newbie sh*t stirrer won't get in its way.

Last post with you and back on topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #754: Jan 22, 2021 04:48:15 pm

Nothing wrong with it.

Think he's a wum in disguised Baz.  :lmao: 

I love your saying as it reminds me of what many scousers say on here and at poker! He may be a c**t but he's our c**t.  :lmao:
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #755: Jan 22, 2021 04:51:52 pm
      I suggest you read my back post as I already answers originally  and then Heimy just twisted things a little which he often does. Heimy and I get on very well and a newbie sh*t stirrer won't get in its way.

Last post with you and back on topic.

You sound like a child with your name calling,i can see why you come on our forum,it's the only chance you get to talk about real football and winning trophy's,are we your second team?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #756: Jan 22, 2021 04:54:35 pm

Nothing wrong with it.

I've heard it all now,unbelievable.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #757: Jan 23, 2021 02:55:39 pm
      Why would you care what a rivals perspective is?When you air your views and someone blows it out of the water is it respectful not to acknowledge that?I can't understand why a supporter of another club would come on our forum giving his views on our club,saying the title's between city and us when we can't hit a barn door and are completely out of form and they are top and on form.

Why the F**k do you come on here? Keith has had to answer this several times over. Do you not think some of us viewed him with doubt and called him all the manc tw*ts going. End of the day fella has explained himself a few times that he prefers having a laugh with us than on some of the manc forums and has even thrown in to charitanbe donations if I'm not mistaken. So chill the F**k out lad!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #758: Jan 23, 2021 03:27:48 pm
      You sound like a child with your name calling,i can see why you come on our forum,it's the only chance you get to talk about real football and winning trophy's,are we your second team?

Mate, but of advice, if you haven’t anything’s to say that’s perhaps worthwhile, don’t say anything at all, it helps that’s all I’m saying, Keith by the way, has been our Manc c**t for years, you on the other hand have been here 5 minutes, this in case you haven’t noticed is a adult forum and we adults tend to throw a bit of respect to one another occasionally, but you on the other hand sound as though your still sucking your Mama’s tits.

Welcome to the forum mate, but f***in grow up !

Quick Reply