Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The title race

Read 42582 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,053 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: The title race
      Reply #46: Jan 23, 2021 09:19:21 am
      Haha well done.

But seriously that's our target. Didnt stick around for the post match stuff but I'm sure I read Jürgen said that himself. 

Whose target, yours? Klopps? The teams?

Its 6 points not 16 with 19 games to go not 4 or 5. For those of you who think those who have not given up are superfans I for one think those who have given up are bottlers with no belief in the team
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #47: Jan 23, 2021 12:38:39 pm
      We're still in the title race no question.

But I do understand anyone who has doubts that we will make it. But you always have to have that as your ultimate aim otherwise standards drop even further.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #48: Jan 23, 2021 12:58:01 pm
      This....we can turn it around plenty of games to do. Well need to beat those above us which we can, and them to beat each other. Might help if we can score against anyone to!!

But the key here is change....repeating the thing that doesnt work is madness. Last night saw the team and thought ok maybe were shaking it up here, only to see Origi slot in for Bobby and Ox in for Mo and off we go with the same set up. By the way looks like the boss had planned that them 2 were off at thst point no matter what. Ox was poo but Origi was having a go, so was it 2 changes for the right reasons?

Yeah even I thought Origi should have stayed on. He was the only one who was willing to strike it towards goal.

The league table this year can change very quickly. We have important games coming up against sides around us. Maybe that will get us going again.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #49: Jan 23, 2021 01:01:56 pm

I simply cannot fathom how many opportunities Origi gets compared to Minamino, was Minamino perhaps not a Klopp signing, I really feel sorry for the lad.

Talking nonsense again. Since Minamino has joined he's had more opportunities than Origi. If you add up Minamino's PL minutes this season compared to Origi, Miniamino has had over 4 times the amount of game-time when compared with Divock.

Honestly think your memory must reset every 3-4 days. Before Origi's first PL start of the season on Thuesday, he'd featured for less than half an hour for us in the league this campaign. If Minamino plays Sunday and we get beat you'll be saying he's sh*te and calling for him to be sold
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2021 01:08:46 pm by TameImpala »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Jan 23, 2021 01:21:29 pm
      Talking nonsense again. Since Minamino has joined he's had more opportunities than Origi. If you add up Minamino's PL minutes this season compared to Origi, Miniamino has had over 4 times the amount of game-time when compared with Divock.

Honestly think your memory must reset every 3-4 minutes. Before Origi's first PL start of the season on Thuesday, he'd featured for less than half an hour for us in the league this campaign. If Minamino plays Sunday and we get beat you'll be saying he's sh*te and calling for him to be sold

Fixed your post.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #51: Jan 26, 2021 11:10:33 pm
      Thursday  [sorted your post]
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #52: Jan 27, 2021 05:52:22 am
      Whose target, yours? Klopps? The teams?

Its 6 points not 16 with 19 games to go not 4 or 5. For those of you who think those who have not given up are superfans I for one think those who have given up are bottlers with no belief in the team

The ownership gave up on the league long before I did.

We don't even have a complete 11. Sorry but midfielders in defence or worse 5th division centre halves make it impossible not the gap.

The club have written it off with their inaction. I dont need it to be a mathematical impossibility its pretty clear from seeing what we have out there and performance on the field we will need a real change in results to hit 4th.

As I said weeks ago the league has settled down. The top 2 are pulling clear.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,053 posts | 2744 
      Reply #53: Jan 27, 2021 01:52:50 pm
      Everyones entitled to have an opinion. But I must say I think its absolute bollox and gutless to see people giving up with half a season left....
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2021 02:12:31 pm by Brian78 »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #54: Jan 27, 2021 02:52:55 pm
      ... it will require Klopp to drop Bobby and Trent for a few games,

I'd drop Trent for Neco, 
      Bobby just needs dropping for the forseeable future, just a sh*t player for us now.

WTF ?  Is it Meds today ?
      ........................ ..............

BTW   Foreseeable has an extra E in it.

Like ........................ ...foreskin.   

Appropriate.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #55: Jan 27, 2021 03:42:25 pm
      For us it is over. I would try to win every game left but my hopes have vanished.

I will support the team to get round this bad form.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,053 posts | 2744 
      Reply #56: Jan 27, 2021 06:25:11 pm
      For us it is over. I would try to win every game left but my hopes have vanished.

I will support the team to get round this bad form.

Were both on here a long long time Clint. 2007 I think I joined. In that time we had some good sides, some not so good. But even when we has a side 8 9 10 points off top there was still optimism. We told ourselves that Utd or city whoever was on top were capable of dropping points, and we could get the wins needed.....it never happenned, but we believed.

Here we are now, defending champions, 7 points off top at the halfway point....why not belueve it now? With that team and that manager? With this mad season whete points are being dropped and won all over the place. West ham 4th. Southampton up there, Evrrton in the mix! Mad season

Twists and turns will keep occuring to the end..Were well capable of going on a run of wins...19 games to go!! Dont give up yet
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #57: Jan 27, 2021 07:01:38 pm
      It's gone this season, Utd will prob be 9 pts ahead after tonight's games
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,375 posts | 1454 
      Reply #58: Jan 27, 2021 07:20:15 pm
      my two bobs worth’it ain’t over until it’s over.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,890 posts | 4963 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #59: Jan 27, 2021 07:31:57 pm
      It’s a sad day when fans on these boards are giving up winning the title with half the season yet to run, I appreciate ppl have their opinions but c’mon, ffs conceding already ?

We are only six points behind, two wins, that’s all, there’s lots of things can happen between now and that mathematical point where it becomes impossible, City are clear favourites, the only side with consistency, Munts albeit having a good run will falter sometime , especially when they have  Thursday Sunday fixture’s to contend with,

Spuds, as we know blow hot and cold and Maureen prefers to defend rather than go for it, always his downfall and it will be again, Leicester although decent are simply not good enough,

Chavs are rebuilding their rebuilding programme again under Tuchel, after sacking their golden boy Fatter Frank, don’t worry Frank, you can console yourself in between Christine’s tits, and then there’s us,

It’s not being great has it, but there are signs of improvement, we played well at the Toilet scoring a brace, we have Matip back albeit one game at a time, Hendo is imminent and that alone will have a much needed boost to confidence, Jota isn’t far away, so there are lots to be positive about, Keita can’t be far behind Jota, and hopefully Ox gets his mojo back too,

This vein of sh*t won’t last, every side goes thru lean times in a season why should we be any different, we can still win this, the odds are obviously stacked against us but, I still believe that it’s a two horse race, it will depend on how many furlong’s we are behind City if and when things settle?

Y  N  W  A
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #60: Jan 27, 2021 07:52:00 pm
      I would like to consider myself a realist so I'll call it as I see it. We have had a brilliant two seasons back to back in the PL and Europe and expelled a tremendous amount of energy and emotion to achieve the highest success in world football. This was achieved with a small and relatively young squad.

Even without our injuries I felt it would be incredibly difficult to maintain the same levels of intensity as the previous this season, but if we went through it injury free again we would still have a great chance of retaining the title. The big injuries we suffered early on have all but ended any chance of winning the league, and it's more down to bad luck than anything.

But in a way I'm ok with that. This team have achieved great things playing wonderful football, and I for one don't mind if they have a "season off" from winning trophies. If we can finish top 4 and regroup in the Summer we will go in to next season with a fresh squad eager to make amends for underachieving this season.

The tide will turn in this clubs favour again.
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #61: Jan 27, 2021 10:11:08 pm
      Go on Sheffield Utd Haha. Few more results like that and we could be back in the mix.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,053 posts | 2744 
      Reply #62: Jan 27, 2021 10:18:07 pm
      So a win tomorrow leaves us 4 off city and 3 off utd with 18 games left, and to play them both, they play each other also, plus everything in between

But for some its over for us....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #63: Jan 27, 2021 10:23:27 pm
      So a win tomorrow leaves us 4 off city and 3 off utd with 18 games left, and to play them both, they play each other also, plus everything in between

But for some its over for us....

It's not the Scum I'm worried about it's that other Manc shower.

Hard to see them dropping many more points this season.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Reply #64: Jan 27, 2021 10:29:23 pm
      Keep on the coatails until we play them anything can happen
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,053 posts | 2744 
      Reply #65: Jan 27, 2021 10:32:06 pm

They are quite capable of dropping points, well best them and utd are well capable of beating them. And the way this season is going they wont be immune
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #66: Jan 27, 2021 10:32:43 pm
      Just F***ing win tomorrow, reds!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #67: Jan 27, 2021 10:35:54 pm

They'll need to drop at least 7 for us to have a chance. I suspect they will, but the bigger issue now is us. The team have to start winning points again.

And the rest of us have to back them to the fullest.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #68: Jan 27, 2021 10:36:48 pm
      This isn't a normal season, and F**k knows normal seasons are unpredictable enough.

Loads of twists and turns left yet, especially when European football comes back (assuming it does).

The team will keep going until the end.
      The least they can expect from us is to do the same, even if no one can be in the stadium.

Quick Reply