Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The title race

Read 43115 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: The title race
      Reply #437: Apr 11, 2021 05:32:17 pm
      No, we just need to win our games..

No, we need the teams around us to drop points also.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #438: Apr 11, 2021 05:33:18 pm
      No, we just need to win our games..

No... Winning all your games doesn't garunteed CL football.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #439: Apr 11, 2021 05:33:52 pm
      Would really like United to get something out of this game. Maybe that bunny hopping c**t Fernandes can do something this game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #440: Apr 11, 2021 05:34:48 pm

Take note Danman, a Liverpool fan who doesn't wear rose tinted glasses.
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #441: Apr 11, 2021 05:38:28 pm
      No... Winning all your games doesn't garunteed CL football.

If Spurs hold on today they go above us on gd and if Everton win their 2 games in hand they also go above us and we go 8th.

While it’s only 4 points between 3rd and 8th in that scenario that’s still a lot of teams to jump over.

Only WH and Chelsea play each other where we are guaranteed to pick up points so definitely need them to lose ground somewhere else.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #442: Apr 11, 2021 05:41:14 pm
      If Spurs hold on today they go above us on gd and if Everton win their 2 games in hand they also go above us and we go 8th.

While it’s only 4 points between 3rd and 8th in that scenario that’s still a lot of teams to jump over.

Only WH and Chelsea play each other where we are guaranteed to pick up points so definitely need them to lose ground somewhere else.

It's not me you need to explain to CT  ;D It's the pricks who wear rose tinted glasses need telling  :lmao:
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #443: Apr 11, 2021 05:44:45 pm
      You would, your  that bitter you don't even put Liverpool first. United winning  increases your chances of CL football but those rose tinted glasses make you think like a moron.

Awww, sorry I upset a strange Utd fan who hangs around Liverpool forums hoping to learn class.

Our competitors are not all going to win every match. So, if we win all our games... I expect us to be fine.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #444: Apr 11, 2021 05:46:35 pm

A Spurs win only puts them on the same points as us
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #445: Apr 11, 2021 05:50:07 pm
      Awww, sorry I upset a strange Utd fan who hangs around Liverpool forums hoping to learn class.

Our competitors are not all going to win every match. So, if we win all our games... I expect us to be fine.

To know what class is you need to have it, something you clearly don't.

You keep those glasse on and also contradict yourself  :lmao: If Spurs beat you to 4th place by winning /drawing this game the last laugh is on you.  ;)
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #446: Apr 11, 2021 05:51:17 pm
      1-1. Game can end now.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #447: Apr 11, 2021 05:52:32 pm
      You keep those glasse on and also contradict yourself  :lmao: If Spurs beat you to 4th place by winning /drawing this game the last laugh is on you.  ;)

I'd rather trust myself than a Utd fan who has been pretending to back Liverpool this season and claiming that we were going to win the title, despite it being absolutely obvious that we were on a downward spiral that led to us fighting for 4th place. Yeah, lots of Liverpool fans here believed you, but not I.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #448: Apr 11, 2021 05:57:31 pm
      I'd rather trust myself than a Utd fan who has been pretending to back Liverpool this season and claiming that we were going to win the title, despite it being absolutely obvious that we were on a downward spiral that led to us fighting for 4th place. Yeah, lots of Liverpool fans here believed you, but not I.

Clueless  :lmao: Who said anything about backing Liverpool? I've stated it was a match between Liverpool & City who would win the league. I was right, City will win the league. How old are you.... 15.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #449: Apr 11, 2021 06:04:28 pm
      Clueless  :lmao: Who said anything about backing Liverpool? I've stated it was a match between Liverpool & City who would win the league. I was right, City will win the league. How old are you.... 15.

;D

There was a guy called Keith Singleton who said this... oh yeah... that was you.  ;D

City are and will be your No 1 challengers to the throne. I've not seen anything else to tell me otherwise.

If Liverpool continued with the current side for the remaining games of the season then yes perhaps you may not win the league. However, that simply isn't going to happen. You'll have 3/4 of of the main players back and then steadily draw clear again, sad but true, least from my prospective it is. ;D

Seriously some of you need to chill, it's not even half way and panic stations drawing in.  :lmao:

"steadily draw clear again" to win the league this year. Yep. This is just one post in which you backed Liverpool to win the title, and continued to tell others (who actually believed you) that there was no need to panic.

Then there's this too....

Never in a fight for top 4. It's as good as automatic in my opinion. Your still fav to win the league ( IMO ) so can't work out your thinking. We know it's not if you return to form it's when. Jota looking bigger miss than I thought though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #450: Apr 11, 2021 06:07:53 pm
      ;D

There was a guy called Keith Singleton who said this... oh yeah... that was you.  ;D

"steadily draw clear again" to win the league this year. Yep. This is just one post in which you backed Liverpool to win the title, and continued to tell others (who actually believed you) that there was no need to panic.
      Your making yourself look like a right Cnut now.  :lmao: It clearly states what I've been saying all season.  :lmao:

Ps. Go into archives all you want, always said two horse race. Your not telling us anything new.  :lmao:
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #451: Apr 11, 2021 06:09:53 pm
      Your making yourself look like a right Cnut now.  :lmao: It clearly states what I've been saying all season.  :lmao:

Not to anyone who can read.

You just said "I was right, City will win the league.", and denied backing Liverpool. I just proved you said otherwise... and you think I look the fool?  :lmao:
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #452: Apr 11, 2021 06:11:35 pm
      Cavani an absolute beast for United this season
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #453: Apr 11, 2021 06:13:48 pm
      Not to anyone who can read.

You just said "I was right, City will win the league.", and denied backing Liverpool. I just proved you said otherwise... and you think I look the fool?  :lmao:

Christ you're really thick.  I said are you 15  but maybe your brain dead? However, not doing justice to 15 years olds who can do the maths so you must be the latter.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #454: Apr 11, 2021 06:25:39 pm

Ps. Go into archives all you want, always said two horse race. Your not telling us anything new.  :lmao:

You even got that wrong. Man you need help..  ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #455: Apr 11, 2021 06:26:55 pm
      That's Spurs out of top 4 contention.

Not that they were ever really in it.

I think it's between us, Chavs, and Leicester.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #456: Apr 11, 2021 06:28:25 pm
      Nah, would be quite happy for Spurs to thump Utd.

:lmao: F**k YOU and you alone  :lmao: Your the only so called Liverpool fan who I know posted  wanting Spurs to win. Not understanding that United winning does you some type of favour of giving you CL football next season.

3-1  :lmao: :lmao:  :lmao: Glad you didn't  enjoy the match   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #457: Apr 11, 2021 06:29:33 pm
      :lmao: F**k YOU and you alone  :lmao: Your the only so called Liverpool fan who I know posted  wanting Spurs to win. Not understanding that United winning does you some type of favour of giving you CL football next season.

3-1  :lmao: :lmao:  :lmao: Glad you didn't  enjoy the match   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Keith, you are annoying. Why do you come on the Liverpool forum, isn’t that just weird?
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #458: Apr 11, 2021 06:30:18 pm
      Christ you're really thick.  I said are you 15  but maybe your brain dead? However, not doing justice to 15 years olds who can do the maths so you must be the latter.

Keith, is Henderson #1 now? Dejea done?
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #459: Apr 11, 2021 06:30:43 pm

Glad you're on a LIVERPOOL forum celebrating a Utd win.  :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply