Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The title race

Read 42107 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: The title race
      Reply #598: May 01, 2021 01:40:10 pm
      It’s the Europa conference for us: probably at best.
      Basically the intertoto cup back.

More like the Cup Winners Cup!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #599: May 01, 2021 04:54:33 pm

Are they putting the domestic cup winners direct into that one? I've read about the format somewhere but I'll have to find the rules I guess.

Or we could just win five in a row and finish 4th. That would be OK too.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #600: May 01, 2021 06:32:04 pm
      Are they putting the domestic cup winners direct into that one? I've read about the format somewhere but I'll have to find the rules I guess.

Or we could just win five in a row and finish 4th. That would be OK too.

No chance we finish top 4...

And to qualify for this Europa conference, it’s basically either the league cup winners or the team that finishes lowest in the European qualifications positions in the league.
      Because Man City won league cup, it means top 7 qualify for Europe with 7th going into the conference.

It’s basically a competition for dross.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #601: May 01, 2021 07:26:28 pm
      Chelsea's win tonight has all but ruled us out of a top 4 place this season
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #602: May 01, 2021 07:46:07 pm
      Chelsea's win tonight has all but ruled us out of a top 4 place this season

Dropping 4 points against Leeds and Newcastle was what did it.  Chelsea have only won two out of the last 5 in the Premier League.  Can't say they didn't show us an open door.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #603: May 01, 2021 07:56:32 pm
      Dropping 4 points against Leeds and Newcastle was what did it.  Chelsea have only won two out of the last 5 in the Premier League.  Can't say they didn't show us an open door.

Were not good enough to claim 4th
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #604: May 01, 2021 08:17:56 pm
      Just finish ahead of Everton, that’s all I ask
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #605: May 01, 2021 08:19:52 pm
      I like the prospect of EL: Jürgen can basically rotate, so we can focus 100% on PL and FA-Cup.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #606: May 01, 2021 08:23:14 pm

Good opportunity for the kids though.

Europa League ended up being a platform for Greenwood and Rashford at United and also Saka and Smith-Rowe at Arsenal.

Got to try and take the positives from it!
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #607: May 01, 2021 08:28:49 pm
      Good opportunity for the kids though.

Europa League ended up being a platform for Greenwood and Rashford at United and also Saka and Smith-Rowe at Arsenal.

Got to try and take the positives from it!

Champions of England looking at the positives of being in the UEFA CONFERENCE.

They bottled this season big time and left many depressed, including myself.

Went from such a high to such a low and I blame the players, no one else
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #608: May 01, 2021 08:43:00 pm

Yes we've had a crap season. Not the first definitely won't be the last. I've gone through many a season as disappointed as this one.

Bitching and moaning won't make a blind bit of difference.

We'll bounce back like we always do.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #609: May 01, 2021 09:05:48 pm
      It's been sh*te this season no doubt, anything that could've gone wrong has we've covered all the reasons but two CL finals and 97 and 98 pts in the last 3 years and more importantly ending our 30yr wait for the league title takes the edge off for me.
      It's been depressing viewing but that league title wait especially after that 13/14 season really really got me down and Jürgen changed that.
      I was hoping to miss out on Europe completely last week after blowing 4th but the realisation that we might end up in the Conference is a touch embarrassing so Europa Lg we'll have to aim for.
      It'll be interesting to see what we do in the summer transfer wise but we'll start again all level and go again, I'm looking forward to it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #610: May 01, 2021 09:38:08 pm

Time to swallow it, reset and start fresh.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #611: May 01, 2021 10:31:05 pm

"They?" Is it MmmFergie or MmmmAncelotti? Why hasn't this obvious piece of sh*t troll been banned?
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #612: May 01, 2021 10:54:19 pm
      They because I blame the players.

All you lot do is cry when I speak on how disappointing THEY have been this season.

When I see players bottling and massively under performing I see them as nothing less than employees cashing cheques. I no longer describe them as "we".

WE would fight tooth and nail week in week out

WE would give our blood sweat and tears and that's just West Brom away.

WE wouldn't have bottled it and become the laughing stock of the Premier League!

The owners are THEY too. Or should they all be called "we"?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021 01:16:12 am by JD »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #613: May 01, 2021 11:02:08 pm
      No chance we finish top 4...

And to qualify for this Europa conference, it’s basically either the league cup winners or the team that finishes lowest in the European qualifications positions in the league.
      Because Man City won league cup, it means top 7 qualify for Europe with 7th going into the conference.

Not the one we want I understand, but depending on results Sunday the difference between 4th and 7th in the Premier League after 34 of 38 matches could be 4 points. 4.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #614: May 02, 2021 07:27:16 am
      They because I blame the players.

All you lot do is cry when I speak on how disappointing THEY have been this season.

When I see players bottling and massively under performing I see them as nothing less than employees cashing cheques. I no longer describe them as "we".

WE would fight tooth and nail week in week out

WE would give our blood sweat and tears and that's just West Brom away.

WE wouldn't have bottled it and become the laughing stock of the Premier League!

The owners are THEY too. Or should they all be called "we"?

Well why don't you just F**k OFF then pal, if you don't like what your seeing go pretend to support someone else, cos you sure as F**k don't support us,

Your one of those plastic glory hunting F**k pigs that jump on the winning bandwagon but when it turns to sh*te you get your big sh*t stirring spoon out and do nothing but whinge and f***in moan,

Bill Shankly,  do you know who he is ?

He said that if you can't support us when we lose, don't support us when we win,

and that is you, that is exactly what you are, a plastic glory hunting w*nk stain on society,  you probably got no friends either,  Woodison is the perfect place for you, there you will find your utopia,  and that is where you belong, in amongst all the whinging moaning bitter blues, where they have a sh*te season every season,  you will fit right in.!!

F**k Off,  you hang around here like a bad smell,  nobody likes you, nobody wants you, getting the message yet ?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #615: May 02, 2021 08:32:10 am

Well why don't you just F**k OFF then pal, if you don't like what your seeing go pretend to support someone else, cos you sure as f**k don't support us,

Your one of those plastic glory hunting f**k pigs that jump on the winning bandwagon but when it turns to sh*te you get your big sh*t stirring spoon out and do nothing but whinge and f***in moan,

He said that if you can't support us when we lose, don't support us when we win,

and that is you, that is exactly what you are, a plastic glory hunting w*nk stain on society,  you probably got no friends either,  Woodison is the perfect place for you, there you will find your utopia,  and that is where you belong, in amongst all the whinging moaning bitter blues, where they have a sh*te season every season,  you will fit right in.!!

F**k Off,  you hang around here like a bad smell,  nobody likes you, nobody wants you, getting the message yet ?

Billy don't hold back son, you let him have it  :lmao:
      Well said mate we don't need so called supporters like him and a few others on here.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #616: May 02, 2021 10:40:28 am

Well why don't you just F**k OFF then pal, if you don't like what your seeing go pretend to support someone else, cos you sure as f**k don't support us,

Your one of those plastic glory hunting f**k pigs that jump on the winning bandwagon but when it turns to sh*te you get your big sh*t stirring spoon out and do nothing but whinge and f***in moan,

Someone's had their Alpen.

I'm entitled to an opinion without being abused.

Have I hurt anyone? If not, why would I deserve that level of abuse?

As a paying supporter I'm entitled to voice my opinion.

You're a dictator that wants to attack anybody that has an opposing opinion
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #617: May 02, 2021 11:58:20 am
      "They?" Is it MmmFergie or MmmmAncelotti? Why hasn't this obvious piece of sh*t troll been banned?

Depressed a seaaon after winning the league, F***ing hell thank F**k he wasn't around for the previous 30 years. THAT was F***ing depressing!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #618: May 02, 2021 12:01:01 pm

Well why don't you just F**k OFF then pal, if you don't like what your seeing go pretend to support someone else, cos you sure as F**k don't support us,

Your one of those plastic glory hunting F**k pigs that jump on the winning bandwagon but when it turns to sh*te you get your big sh*t stirring spoon out and do nothing but whinge and f***in moan,

Gobshites that have latched on to us, you know the score with the new generation of cuntish social-media driven glory hunters, ignore them, it's the best way otherwise you sound like you're howling at the moon trying to educate the wankers, they're that F***ing ignorant they don't get the traditions of being a Liverpool fan.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #619: May 02, 2021 12:21:35 pm
      Are they putting the domestic cup winners direct into that one?

It was Uefa's old 3rd cup club competition. We got to the final in 66 before being beaten by Dortmund in Glasgow.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #620: May 02, 2021 02:51:14 pm
      Someone's had their Alpen.

I'm entitled to an opinion without being abused.

Have I hurt anyone? If not, why would I deserve that level of abuse?

As a paying supporter I'm entitled to voice my opinion.

You're a dictator that wants to attack anybody that has an opposing opinion

Your opinion is w*nk, hence the so called abuse you say you get, has it ever occurred to you that you are so ignorant of what this club is about that your opinion sticks in the throat of fans that have supported this club through thick & thin and have perhaps witnessed season's worse than this one,

It obviously hasn't because you don't and never will understand the ups & downs this club has endured for 129 years, it goes without saying that this season has been majorly disappointing but they're are genuine reasons for that, but all you can do is stick the f***in knife in instead of actually supporting, and  that is what you don't get, and others of your ilk, 
      As long as you keep up your bullshit opinions so too will the abuse you will get, so if indeed you are a genuine fan, then either get behind the team or F**k Off,  it's a simple equation.

Quick Reply