Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The title race

Read 42138 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: The title race
      Reply #736: May 19, 2021 12:31:22 am
      I have never doubted we could do it. Leicester always seem to collapse at the run in apart from the season they won it with Ranieri.
      I’ve got good vibes about all this, but expect more edge of the seat moments. 😊
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #737: May 19, 2021 12:32:33 am
      Burnley will be tough. If we thought big sam and wba would Park the bus (which they didn’t in parts as it happens) Burnley and dyche only know one way.
      Bus park and be ugly about it.

But with our central defenders the Burnley forwards will be a handful. They will be up for it. Fans and all.

we will need to watch the long balls over the top. I hate going to Burnley!

Massive game this.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #738: May 19, 2021 05:52:03 am
      Burnley will be tough. If we thought big sam and wba would Park the bus (which they didn’t in parts as it happens) Burnley and dyche only know one way.
      Bus park and be ugly about it.

But with our central defenders the Burnley forwards will be a handful. They will be up for it. Fans and all.

we will need to watch the long balls over the top. I hate going to Burnley!

Massive game this.
      Totally agree,another ale house team that will pose more of a threat than West Brom.
      Need to bag a few first half & hope mane gets in on the act.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #739: May 19, 2021 10:04:13 am
      Right so win tomorrow, ideally by 2 or 3

Then beat Palace ideally by a few and while were doing that Leicester beat spurs and villa beat or draw with chelsea

Thatll be us 3rd and Leicester 4th

Would smashing if villa beat that lot. ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #740: May 19, 2021 10:53:39 am
      Would smashing if villa beat that lot. ;D

And then city do them in Europe, Id love that, I hate the cnuts
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #741: May 19, 2021 11:03:43 am
      Anything other than a win tonight is not good enough...

I hope our front 3 marksmen have set their scopes up correctly otherwise we will have to send in the kill team that is Alisson..

Imagine lightning striking twice..😂
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #742: May 19, 2021 11:58:38 am
      And then city do them in Europe, Id love that, I hate the cnuts

That would be sweet too. really dont like them, much prefer city to win it. City deserve it tbf, been knocking on the door of champions league win for a while now with pep.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #743: May 19, 2021 12:01:53 pm
      Anything other than a win tonight is not good enough...

I hope our front 3 marksmen have set their scopes up correctly otherwise we will have to send in the kill team that is Alisson..

Imagine lightning striking twice..😂

A draw and a win might get us 4th still, never know what happens on last day.

1st things first though, a win tonight secures top 5 minimum. and keeps us in race for champions league finish.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #744: May 19, 2021 12:32:03 pm
      That would be sweet too. really dont like them, much prefer city to win it. City deserve it tbf, been knocking on the door of champions league win for a while now with pep.

I would actually prefer Chelsea over City

City have financially cheated their way to where they are now - broken FFP rules , thrown their toys out when things don’t go their way - the height of arrogance.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #745: May 19, 2021 12:38:19 pm

City have financially cheated their way to where they are now - broken FFP rules , thrown their toys out when things don’t go their way - the height of arrogance.

Off field chelsea are no angels. On the field how anyone wants to see azpilcueta for example do well is beyone me. Thry are hortible cnuts from top to bottom, Tuchel excusrd
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #746: May 19, 2021 12:43:23 pm
      Off field chelsea are no angels. On the field how anyone wants to see azpilcueta for example do well is beyone me. Thry are hortible cnuts from top to bottom, Tuchel excusrd

And then look at the likes of Fernandinho

Pep is a salty pr**k who does nothing but cry when everything doesn’t go their way

Enjoy watching him fail to win the CL
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #747: May 19, 2021 12:53:54 pm

cheatski owner is gangster and a murderer of miners. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #748: May 19, 2021 12:55:08 pm
      Im working with a city fan, hes an alright c**t, so ill stick with them for the final. ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #749: May 19, 2021 10:50:05 pm
      To have in our own hands with 1 game to go is a fair achievement from whete we were, even bavk to the Newcastle game.

Id say anyone who had no doubts about geting champions league is a spoofer.

On the flip side had we trusted Nat more and not bombed those 6 home games the whole story could be totally different
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #750: May 20, 2021 12:23:20 pm
      I can see chelsea & leicester dropping points on sunday.

BUT

Main thing is we just win, and then top 4 is done.

Would be sweet if we end up 3rd though . ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #751: May 20, 2021 12:24:21 pm
      To have in our own hands with 1 game to go is a fair achievement from whete we were, even bavk to the Newcastle game.

Id say anyone who had no doubts about geting champions league is a spoofer.

On the flip side had we trusted Nat more and not bombed those 6 home games the whole story could be totally different

Even 6 rubbish draws would have done us, we would be comfortably 3rd pushing for 2nd now. but heyho, in the past eh.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #752: May 20, 2021 12:34:04 pm
      Even 6 rubbish draws would have done us, we would be comfortably 3rd pushing for 2nd now. but heyho, in the past eh.

Yeah funny I never thought og it even being that simple,  6 draws rather then losses.

Mores the point if we win those 6 we are on......84 points and top, though you could argue would city have lost the other night in that case
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #753: May 20, 2021 01:23:24 pm
      Yeah funny I never thought og it even being that simple,  6 draws rather then losses.

Mores the point if we win those 6 we are on......84 points and top, though you could argue would city have lost the other night in that case

its crazy considering how bad we have been at times, its still such small margins.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #754: May 20, 2021 01:45:22 pm
      I can see chelsea & leicester dropping points on sunday.

BUT

Main thing is we just win, and then top 4 is done.

Would be sweet if we end up 3rd though . ;D

Personally do not care about 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. It is really 1st loser, 2nd loser and 3rd loser and all qualify into the CL group stage anyway.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #755: May 20, 2021 01:46:35 pm

13 points dropped against the dreg of the league, all at home I believe. That's how bad we were for a long stretch of the season.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #756: May 20, 2021 01:51:53 pm
      The way I see it is Spuds are fu**ed mentally, Harry is F***ing off, no doubt in my mind, and nobody is playing for their interim manager,  their players are playing for themselves and the flip flops are already packed,
      Leicester still have a target albeit outside of their control, but are still playing as a unit and I think will win comfortably but not by a huge margin 2-0, 2-1 something like that,

Us, we just need to win by 2 or 3 and it's all over, but if Villa we're to do Chavs we could sneak 3rd,

As for the CL final,  I guess you gotta pick the lesser of two evils, so grudgingly I'm opting for Chavs,  just so we can all collectively say to Citeh,  Noel, Liam, etc, But You Still Can't Win the Holy Grail ya cu*ts, and we've got f***in Six🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #757: May 20, 2021 03:41:29 pm
      Personally do not care about 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. It is really 1st loser, 2nd loser and 3rd loser and all qualify into the CL group stage anyway.

I know what your saying and technically your right.

But its a feather in the cap for the squad after such a horrible season.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #758: May 20, 2021 04:51:53 pm
      As long as we in I couldn't give a sh*t what happens in the other games, but my predictions for the final day are a Liverpool win, A Leicester win and a Chelsea Draw.

Then Chelsea will win the CL to get their CL place *shudders* but I guess anything other than a City CL win.

Quick Reply