Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      6 (11.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.9%)
       Fabinho
      9 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (31.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      8 (15.7%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:46 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29424 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,137 posts | 1080 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Jan 22, 2021 02:27:59 am
      Never would I have thought we'd be in a dog fight for top 4, but that's what this is. Klopps commitment to core players hurt him at Dortmund, and its starting to hurt him now. We have to finish in the top 4 this season so that we can attract top players and then rebuild. Firmino, Gini, and Matip need to be upgraded. Mane and Salah are on the down slope of their skills and this summer may be time to tell a hard truth and sell if the price is right and get younger. Gotta go HAM on a super star this summer
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #668: Jan 22, 2021 02:41:03 am
      So Klopp says we’re like a trampled flower. I agree.

Imagine at full time after we murder palace someone tells you we’d go on this run. It’s genuinely mental. As dry as a nuns......

Sure we’ve a tough run of games coming, but lord we failed to beat Fulham Newcastle West Brom and now Burnley. Tbh I’m quite looking forward to playing teams who won’t be camped on their own box. Might at least give us some room...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #669: Jan 22, 2021 02:45:04 am
      MotM poll should have me in it aswell. If you'd seen the amount I drank from first to last whistle you'd be in agreement.

Christ

And my extra time performance is sh*t hot, too
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #670: Jan 22, 2021 02:47:01 am
      Klopps commitment to core players hurt him at Dortmund

That a thing was it? Genuine question
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,137 posts | 1080 
      Reply #671: Jan 22, 2021 03:08:07 am
      That a thing was it? Genuine question

Sort of. ;D. I say that because my buddy is a Dortmond fan and that was his biggest criticism of Klopp. I remember him saying Klopp was only Manger in the world that would send Bender out onto a pitch. ;D. Im bummed and slightly drunk bruh. Never thought we would be where we are right now. Injuries or not, this is still crazy to me.

Side note. Origi and Ox wouldn't make the bench in a league cup game for City. They started for us tonight. Let that sink in. Need to rebuild this summer
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2021 03:28:20 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #672: Jan 22, 2021 06:49:06 am
      The morning after the night before & just had a cheeky look & yep we are still LFC & yep we do have issues at the moment but we will bounce back & no better game to do it than against the mancs on Sunday.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #673: Jan 22, 2021 07:13:27 am
      We put a lot of crosses in and we always have done. Our full backs have the most assists of any full backs time and time again. Teams deliberately defend narrowly so that the ball goes out there. That's where the space is.

For whatever reason it worked in the past and its not working now. We either have to embrace the crossing game and improve on the delivery and the forwards making runs and creating space for each other or we ditch it and work on going through the midfield more.

On paper we have everything you would need. Ball playing centre halves, attacking full backs. 2 ball players in Thiago and Shaq and 3 mobile forwards.

On the pitch however it just isnt working.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #674: Jan 22, 2021 08:10:26 am
      The morning after the night before

Not half
      Rhys Jones
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #675: Jan 22, 2021 08:10:27 am
      Disappointed with the result.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #676: Jan 22, 2021 08:29:03 am
      Is it safe to come in??
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #677: Jan 22, 2021 08:44:12 am
      We’ve had an epic run of injuries, it’s unreal. Some of them we should have expected (Keita, Matip), but some of them we couldn’t have foreseen (Thiago, VVD, Jota, Tsmikas).

I think we are just really unlucky with it this year. If we had half as many injuries we probably are still at the top of the table. Just my hunch.

Don't Leicester have a sh*t load of injuries as well, doesn't seem to be hurting them very much!!

No the reality is that we are sh*t at the moment and I'm sorry but I don't see us snapping out of it any time soon, not unless Klopp grows a set of balls and starts dropping some of these players who are putting in sh*t performances week after week, prime examples Trent and Bobby and please for th elove of God never ever play Origi again!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #678: Jan 22, 2021 08:47:07 am
      We put a lot of crosses in and we always have done. Our full backs have the most assists of any full backs time and time again. Teams deliberately defend narrowly so that the ball goes out there. That's where the space is.

For whatever reason it worked in the past and its not working now. We either have to embrace the crossing game and improve on the delivery and the forwards making runs and creating space for each other or we ditch it and work on going through the midfield more.

On paper we have everything you would need. Ball playing centre halves, attacking full backs. 2 ball players in Thiago and Shaq and 3 mobile forwards.

On the pitch however it just isnt working.

The frustrating part is that we started really well, playing through the middle, midfielders driving forwards, just our final shot was a bit off, but if we'd continued with that and had some one more talented than Origi as CF then we would have won. As soon as Bobby and Mo turned up it was back to the normal tactics of midfielders just looking to find them in the box with lovely floated balls which of course were easily dealt with!!

I blame Klopp for all this
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #679: Jan 22, 2021 09:06:43 am
      Don't Leicester have a sh*t load of injuries as well, doesn't seem to be hurting them very much!!

No the reality is that we are sh*t at the moment and I'm sorry but I don't see us snapping out of it any time soon, not unless Klopp grows a set of balls and starts dropping some of these players who are putting in sh*t performances week after week, prime examples Trent and Bobby and please for th elove of God never ever play Origi again!!

Where has our pressing game gone?where has our urgency gone?TAA looks uninterested and lazy,Milner should replace him for a while,Minamino should have a run of games now in front of Booby,play Fab in the middle because our midfield looks completely void of creativity,Thiago has really disappointed,what was he doing for their goal,watching the ball in the air then going in front of it allowing the Burnley player to head it forward,his rash tackling and aimless high balls forward,Gini as captain?really?he's not committed himself to the club so what message does that send to the rest of the players?FSG are getting away with a lot,buy a new CB or risk losing Jürgen because he looks like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment with no plan B,the tactics are woeful.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #680: Jan 22, 2021 09:14:36 am
      I haven't felt this depressed after a game since we lost in Kiev against RM... >:(

WTF has happened since the final whistle went at Selhurst Park?

Not sure If anyone has mentioned it before but I wonder whether the upheaval mid season of moving from Melwood to Kirby has had an affect on the squad?
      Did the entire catering staff etc move to Kirby too?

or am I just clutching at straws?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #681: Jan 22, 2021 09:15:37 am
      FUK
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #682: Jan 22, 2021 09:15:49 am
      OFF
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #683: Jan 22, 2021 09:22:05 am
      I haven't felt this depressed after a game since we lost in Kiev against RM... >:(

WTF has happened since the final whistle went at Selhurst Park?

Not sure If anyone has mentioned it before but I wonder whether the upheaval mid season of moving from Melwood to Kirby has had an affect on the squad?
      Did the entire catering staff etc move to Kirby too?

or am I just clutching at straws?

That's an interesting point, when did they move? I agree its probably stupid to do that midseason anyway.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #684: Jan 22, 2021 09:29:42 am
      That's an interesting point, when did they move? I agree its probably stupid to do that midseason anyway.

I only ask about the catering staff as I've seen so many documentaries about the lovable kitchen staff knowing every players dietary requirements and generally being like a mum or auntie to a lot of the younger foreign players who maybe far away from home..

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #685: Jan 22, 2021 09:31:11 am
      I only ask about the catering staff as I've seen so many documentaries about the lovable kitchen staff knowing every players dietary requirements and generally being like a mum or auntie to a lot of the younger foreign players who maybe far away from home..

They are all eating Quorn now aren't they, perhaps that also has an impact, I'm being serious!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #686: Jan 22, 2021 09:31:40 am
      I really angry with the result but we have improved from the last games. We had our chances but nothing is going in. Matip was MOTM. Sometimes, a deflection goes in and other times, you will find the blessed Pope :D

Origi should have scored and even Firmino. Firmino is past his peak, unfortunately.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #687: Jan 22, 2021 09:33:12 am
      Steak and Chips... Shanks and Paisley's staple pre match meal for every player !!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #688: Jan 22, 2021 09:34:57 am
      Steak and Chips... Shanks and Paisley's staple pre match meal for every player !!

Now they have #meatfreeformatchdays, has anyone at the club actually thought that that marketing gimmick might be having a bad effect???
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #689: Jan 22, 2021 09:42:03 am
      Now they have #meatfreeformatchdays, has anyone at the club actually thought that that marketing gimmick might be having a bad effect???

Maybe they're all using too much Nivea?

Quick Reply