Trending Topics

Next match: Sheff Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 28th Feb @ 7:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Bramall Lane

Today is the 26th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D4 L9

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      6 (11.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.9%)
       Fabinho
      9 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (31.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      8 (15.7%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:46 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7607 times
      6stringer
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,999 posts | 491 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #700: Jan 22, 2021 10:16:49 am
      I wonder whether JK played Ox and Origi last night to put them in the shop window for sale..
      If he did, we'll be lucky to get a bag of peanuts for either.. :roll:

TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,824 posts | 952 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #701: Jan 22, 2021 10:18:22 am
      I would never ever play Origi, he is easily the worst striker we have ever had at the club

Come on, that is absolute nonsense and you know it
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,296 posts | 2663 
      Reply #702: Jan 22, 2021 10:19:56 am
      He literally dropped Bobby this game and Trent the one before you f**king divvy. He’s dropped Mo and won’t hesitate to drop anyone, you really have your little dick hard about blaming Klopp for everything it’s f**king bizarre and almost at the level that lfcacrosswater w**ker had for Rafa.

Trent has started every game since Fulham at the beginning of December???

I applauded him dropping Bobby, finally, but to replace him with origi, wow, the one player even worse.

Dropping Mo made no sense to me at all and playing Ox makes no sense.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,296 posts | 2663 
      Reply #703: Jan 22, 2021 10:20:50 am
      Come on, that is absolute nonsense and you know it

Which striker have we had in recent times who is worse than Origi?
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,824 posts | 952 
      Reply #704: Jan 22, 2021 10:28:03 am

Lambert, Balotelli, Carrol, Borini, Voronin, Solanke, Aspas to name but a few off the top of my head. A good chunk of those had a more favourable run in the team than Divock has had of late too.

When Divock was playing regularly between 2015 & 2016 he was actually playing well and played a big part in getting us to two finals, then he got his ankle broke and has been a bit part player at best since, but even during that bit part status he's managed to score the winner in a derby, CL Semi Final and CL final. He might not be a good enough option anymore to have in the squad but to say he's the worst striker to ever play for the club is absolutely ridiculous. Bed-wetting at its finest
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 157 
      Reply #705: Jan 22, 2021 10:30:41 am

My word...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,131 posts | 1702 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #706: Jan 22, 2021 10:33:23 am
      Lambert, Balotelli, Carrol, Borini, Voronin, Solanke, Aspas to name but a few off the top of my head. A good chunk of those had a more favourable run in the team than Divock has had of late too.

When Divock was playing regularly between 2015 & 2016 he was actually playing well and played a big part in getting us to two finals, then he got his ankle broke and has been a bit part player at best since, but even during that bit part status he's managed to score the winner in a derby, CL Semi Final and CL final. He might not be a good enough option anymore to have in the squad but to say he's the worst striker to ever play for the club is absolutely ridiculous. Bed-wetting at its finest

Balotelli is the winner....my God
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,824 posts | 952 
      Reply #707: Jan 22, 2021 10:51:34 am
      Balotelli is the winner....my God

Yeah he's probably the standout for me. Felt sorry for Rodgers in a way because he was near enough left with no other option towards the end of the window after missing out on Sanchez.

Diouf has to be right up there too. More so for the price-tag at the time and how he was expected to take us to the next level. Think he's the only Liverpool #9 in history to go an entire season without scoring a goal
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,435 posts | 2712 
      Reply #708: Jan 22, 2021 10:59:16 am
      We put a lot of crosses in and we always have done. Our full backs have the most assists of any full backs time and time again. Teams deliberately defend narrowly so that the ball goes out there. That's where the space is.

For whatever reason it worked in the past and its not working now. We either have to embrace the crossing game and improve on the delivery and the forwards making runs and creating space for each other or we ditch it and work on going through the midfield more.

On paper we have everything you would need. Ball playing centre halves, attacking full backs. 2 ball players in Thiago and Shaq and 3 mobile forwards.

On the pitch however it just isnt working.

I think the problem is now the way the crosses are put in and the timing of them.

Before we seemed to drag the opponents out of position and then had our players moving into space for the crosses, many of which were more like quick passes.

Now we just seem to pass the ball in front of the opposition, with little movement, then it goes wide and lumped into the box.
      CurraghRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #709: Jan 22, 2021 11:09:19 am
      This all goes back to that dead rubber game in Norway, hassle over the captains armband ( TAA and Mo ), both sh*t since then and Jota getting injured when none of the them should even have been even in the country let alone on the pitch in the first instance.
      Brown1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #710: Jan 22, 2021 12:25:32 pm
      It was really a bad game, however, it was expected by taking into consideration the previous game's performances and naive tactics by Klopp. Firmino and Salah have been underperforming since last season, and Klopp should have enforced his striking force much earlier, Jota is a welcoming addition, but we needed a proper CF.
      Burnely has defended with ease. We need to go back to the basic, in order to recover better forms
      Origi is the worst striker we have, Klopp should have sold him two seasons ago, but he instead sold Ings, who many clubs are after him including Spurs!  It is weird management.
      The prospect of LFC team for this season is looking very bleak, the team is facing many tough games starting on Sunday. As for the league, I hope that we can manage to secure the fourth spot, however, that might be difficult to achieve.
      Best Of Luck for the incoming games

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,561 posts | 636 
      Reply #711: Jan 22, 2021 12:32:18 pm

David Ngog... Fabio Borini...
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,296 posts | 2663 
      Reply #712: Jan 22, 2021 12:36:42 pm

They were all sh*t but I still consider Origi on current form, not 4 years ago, to be worse, his movement and link up play is embarrassingly bad.
      Gabri
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts | 17 
      Reply #713: Jan 22, 2021 12:38:06 pm
      I vote Origi for MoM. You need a special kind of ability to lose that goal.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,550 posts | 1579 
      Reply #714: Jan 22, 2021 12:49:53 pm
      They were all sh*t but I still consider Origi on current form, not 4 years ago, to be worse, his movement and link up play is embarrassingly bad.

Awful shout this lad. His 1 on 1 miss aside, Origi didn’t even have a bad game last night either. He was involved and got a couple of shots off. You’ve got a very short memory if you think origi is the worst striker we’ve had though - it shows how spoilt we’ve been in the last couple of seasons if you think origi is that bad.

Diouf has to be right up there too. More so for the price-tag at the time and how he was expected to take us to the next level. Think he's the only Liverpool #9 in history to go an entire season without scoring a goal

To be fair diouf spent the majority of his time playing as a right midfielder rather than a forward but f**k me what a horrible vile little tw*t he was. Dog sh*t player. Still can’t believe we went for him over Anelka...ridiculous decision that. Got no doubt had we signed Anelka we would have a couple of more trophies on our history books.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,296 posts | 2663 
      Reply #715: Jan 22, 2021 12:53:01 pm
      Awful shout this lad. His 1 on 1 miss aside, Origi didn’t even have a bad game last night either. He was involved and got a couple of shots off. You’ve got a very short memory if you think origi is the worst striker we’ve had though - it shows how spoilt we’ve been in the last couple of seasons if you think origi is that bad.

To be fair diouf spent the majority of his time playing as a right midfielder rather than a forward but f**k me what a horrible vile little tw*t he was. Dog sh*t player. Still can’t believe we went for him over Anelka...ridiculous decision that. Got no doubt had we signed Anelka we would have a couple of more trophies on our history books.

Shooting straight at the keeper is not a good shot!! The one-on-one miss was bad but I'm referring to his general play, its crap.

Ask yourselves this, would Origi get into any other Prem side? If yes then why are there no offers for him ever.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,550 posts | 1579 
      Reply #716: Jan 22, 2021 01:03:44 pm
      Shooting straight at the keeper is not a good shot!! The one-on-one miss was bad but I'm referring to his general play, its crap.

Ask yourselves this, would Origi get into any other Prem side? If yes then why are there no offers for him ever.

I agree with you. We’ve moved on to a level now which is too high for origi. I’ve said myself dozens of times he isn’t good enough to play centre forward for this Liverpool team. But your statement of him being the worst forward we’ve had is very unfair. He didn’t have a bad game last night either but he will obviously only be remembered for his miss.

You bash origi but want minamino to play but I haven’t seen anything at all from minamino yet to suggest he’s worthy of game time or that he’s a better option than divock.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,952 posts | 3371 
      Reply #717: Jan 22, 2021 01:05:09 pm
      Genuinely curious as to how you’d have us play when they have 8 defenders in the box?

I think we need to have Thiago much further forward closer to the front 3 and start making those dribbling runs into the penalty box.
      No idea what he is doing almost as the third CB.

The fullbacks need to stop constantly crossing to our midget front line, Robbo does it not so much lately but when was the last time Trent made a overlapping run.

When was the last time any of our midfielders made a quick 1-2 with the forwards to break the line.

Similarly the forward seem to have stopped running at players, not really seen Mane take on a player worst case scenario he gains a penno.
      Salah is so one footed it’s now become to easy for defenders to see what he is going to do.

I’m sure Klopp and his team team are working on what we need to do sort out our bluntness!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,952 posts | 3371 
      Reply #718: Jan 22, 2021 01:07:36 pm

Sean Dundee!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,990 posts | 355 
      Reply #719: Jan 22, 2021 01:11:20 pm
      Is Thiago the new Seba Veron - all class and no impact
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,824 posts | 952 
      Reply #720: Jan 22, 2021 01:12:10 pm

Yeah think you're right regarding him being shifted towards the right. Think he was signed to play up top though as like you said, it was a toss up between him & Anelka. Mad how many centre forwards we signed during the 00's who ended up being moved onto the wings instead.

Real sliding doors moment picking him over Anelka like, funnily enough was at the game not long after he signed on loan where he scored his first goal. Think it was against Ipswich or Birmingham in the FA Cup, can remember me da saying "You'll be able to say you saw Nicolas Anelka's first goal for Liverpool" after it went in, thinking he was going to be a legend for years to come ha.

What could have been
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,824 posts | 952 
      Reply #721: Jan 22, 2021 01:17:01 pm

Well when you said he's the worst striker ever to play for us I thought that's what you meant.

Still wouldn't say he's as poor as those I've listed, even on current form. It's easy for people to forget some of the absolute sh*te we've had up top in the past. Balotelli covered about 25 yards a game and Lambert used to turn slower than the Titanic so I dunno how Origi's movement can be worse than those two
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,966 posts | 5023 
      Reply #722: Jan 22, 2021 01:26:42 pm
      I would never ever play Origi, he is easily the worst striker we have ever had at the club, and I'm including players like Voronin and Lambert.

Someone never saw Sean Dundee play!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,966 posts | 5023 
      Reply #723: Jan 22, 2021 01:27:11 pm
      Is Thiago the new Seba Veron - all class and no impact

Oh f**k off
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,966 posts | 5023