Trending Topics

Next match: Sheff Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 28th Feb @ 7:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Bramall Lane

Today is the 26th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D4 L9

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      6 (11.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.9%)
       Fabinho
      9 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (31.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      8 (15.7%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:46 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7609 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,205 posts | 1931 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #725: Jan 22, 2021 01:29:25 pm
      Is Thiago the new Seba Veron - all class and no impact

Really?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,205 posts | 1931 
      Reply #726: Jan 22, 2021 01:30:50 pm

Veronin, Jovanovic...

We've had some right stinkers here.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,205 posts | 1931 
      Reply #727: Jan 22, 2021 01:33:50 pm
      Lambert, Balotelli, Carrol, Borini, Voronin, Solanke, Aspas to name but a few off the top of my head. A good chunk of those had a more favourable run in the team than Divock has had of late too.

Funnily enough Aspas has been one of the best strikers in La Liga consistently since he left the club.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,824 posts | 952 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #728: Jan 22, 2021 01:39:12 pm
      Funnily enough Aspas has been one of the best strikers in La Liga consistently since he left the club.

Yeah he's been superb. Was promising before he joined too, just didn't work out for him when he was here. Think the physicality of the league didn't do him any favours. Always looked as though he could have done with a steak & a protein shake when he was on the pitch for us. Suppose getting a decent run in the team helps as well, which he was never given
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,131 posts | 1702 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #729: Jan 22, 2021 01:40:38 pm
      Luis Alberto, though not a striker, likewise, went on to very good things.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,824 posts | 952 
      Reply #730: Jan 22, 2021 01:41:48 pm
      Veronin, Jovanovic...

We've had some right stinkers here.

Still can't believe he turned Real Madrid down a year before he joined us, he looked completely out of his depth playing in Hodgson's team. Imagine him at the Bernabeu
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,438 posts | 614 
      Reply #731: Jan 22, 2021 01:49:02 pm
      Awful shout this lad. His 1 on 1 miss aside, Origi didn’t even have a bad game last night either. He was involved and got a couple of shots off. You’ve got a very short memory if you think origi is the worst striker we’ve had though - it shows how spoilt we’ve been in the last couple of seasons if you think origi is that bad.

This.

Origi was direct last night and at least posed some threat. Didn't score, missed a big chance, but what are we comparing him to? We haven't scored for 4 games! Not like the other strikers are lethal in front of goal. Mistake Klopp made last night was taking Origi off! Firmino did less again. Nonsense to sub Origi off for Firmino.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,399 posts | 4067 
      Reply #732: Jan 22, 2021 01:50:08 pm
      I think we need to have Thiago much further forward closer to the front 3 and start making those dribbling runs into the penalty box.
      No idea what he is doing almost as the third CB.

The fullbacks need to stop constantly crossing to our midget front line, Robbo does it not so much lately but when was the last time Trent made a overlapping run.

When was the last time any of our midfielders made a quick 1-2 with the forwards to break the line.

Similarly the forward seem to have stopped running at players, not really seen Mane take on a player worst case scenario he gains a penno.
      Salah is so one footed it’s now become to easy for defenders to see what he is going to do.

I’m sure Klopp and his team team are working on what we need to do sort out our bluntness!

I agree on Thiago, not sure why he's been tasked to play so deep. I will say I think out short passing game is tougher when the opponent stacks the box and it seems like someone's idea (either the boys or Klopp) is to just cross balls in and pray. Think we'd have been better off to just start shooting from outside the box and crashing the goal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,399 posts | 4067 
      Reply #733: Jan 22, 2021 01:52:21 pm
      Yeah he's been superb. Was promising before he joined too, just didn't work out for him when he was here. Think the physicality of the league didn't do him any favours. Always looked as though he could have done with a steak & a protein shake when he was on the pitch for us. Suppose getting a decent run in the team helps as well, which he was never given

He was forever haunted by that corner kick........
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,399 posts | 4067 
      Reply #734: Jan 22, 2021 01:55:07 pm
      This.

Origi was direct last night and at least posed some threat. Didn't score, missed a big chance, but what are we comparing him to? We haven't scored for 4 games! Not like the other strikers are lethal in front of goal. Mistake Klopp made last night was taking Origi off! Firmino did less again. Nonsense to sub Origi off for Firmino.

Origi offers nothing. Should have never been on the pitch. Minamino should have started ahead of him if it wasn't going to be Firmino.

There's a reason we've been desperately trying to sell Origi. That horrific miss last night didn't help us in that regard either.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,966 posts | 5023 
      Reply #735: Jan 22, 2021 01:55:13 pm
      Awful shout this lad. His 1 on 1 miss aside, Origi didn’t even have a bad game last night either. He was involved and got a couple of shots off.

Was he f**k, he was f**king sh*te as per. That miss I put on a par with Heskey's miss in the FA cup against Palace when he ran from the halfway line and virtually passed it back to the keeper.

Div wants volleying for that miss, that goes in and it's a different game. Origi's time at the club is done, we just need rid now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,966 posts | 5023 
      Reply #736: Jan 22, 2021 01:59:17 pm

Actually his last kick of the ball for the club wasn't it. Can't remember him playing after that. Unfair on him as rarely given a chance with Sturridge and Suarez ahead of him. Went back to Spain and became a top striker.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,824 posts | 952 
      Reply #737: Jan 22, 2021 02:01:02 pm

Still to this day have absolutely no idea what he was trying to do with that corner. Up there with DB Cooper as one of the world's biggest mysteries
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,966 posts | 5023 
      Reply #738: Jan 22, 2021 02:03:40 pm
      Still to this day have absolutely no idea what he was trying to do with that corner. Up there with DB Cooper as one of the world's biggest mysteries

Rushing things, last minute of the game panicking trying to play a short corner and just gets it all wrong.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,895 posts | 5312 
      Reply #739: Jan 22, 2021 02:08:58 pm
      We have some very technically gifted footballers who if they drove forward with the ball at their feet would earn themselves free kicks and pens against the likes of Burnley players.

But all we did was punt crosses at their keeper or into the stands or behind all our players.

Absolutely no nous on display.  If you're going through a bad spell at least try and give yourselves a chance by buying some set pieces.  Both Man City and now Man United know exactly how to do that.

I remember Sadio Mane driving into the area just once in that game and I remember it because it happened so infrequently last night.  Players five yards outside the box who instead of driving forward wanted to try and pass it around about 9 Burnley defenders.  Ludicrous.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,824 posts | 952 
      Reply #740: Jan 22, 2021 02:14:27 pm
      Rushing things, last minute of the game panicking trying to play a short corner and just gets it all wrong.

The thing with short corners though is that somebody has to actually come short to receive it. I don't remember anybody being within 30-40 yards of him when he took that corner 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,966 posts | 5023 
      Reply #741: Jan 22, 2021 02:15:29 pm
      The thing with short corners though is that somebody has to actually come short to receive it. I don't remember anybody being within 30-40 yards of him when he took that corner 😂

As I said panicking!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,131 posts | 1702 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #742: Jan 22, 2021 02:52:41 pm
      A theory...

Our players dont have the urgency to get out of his mess because they think or assumevit will just happen, that someone else on the pitch will step up and save it??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,365 posts | 1138 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #743: Jan 22, 2021 04:31:13 pm
      Can't you express yourself/make your point without being so offensive,it's only people's view.

Perhaps you can try and practice what you preach.  ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,109 posts | 2468 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #744: Jan 22, 2021 04:48:10 pm
      A theory...

Our players dont have the urgency to get out of his mess because they think or assumevit will just happen, that someone else on the pitch will step up and save it??

I think a lot of us fans are the same, or certainly were up until last night that it was only a matter of time before we started playing better. I still have faith in the team and jurgen
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,435 posts | 2712 
      Reply #745: Jan 22, 2021 05:03:32 pm
      I think a lot of us fans are the same, or certainly were up until last night that it was only a matter of time before we started playing better. I still have faith in the team and jurgen

I think we will play better eventually as we have enough top class footballers but another theory is that we've been so focused and relentless for three years or so now that added into the effects of the current situation means that everything has just caught up with this current squad of players.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,140 posts | 662 
      Reply #746: Jan 22, 2021 05:32:47 pm

Would of been better with Mick
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,435 posts | 2712 
      Reply #747: Jan 22, 2021 05:36:43 pm

You call that a knife?  ;D