Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      6 (11.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.9%)
       Fabinho
      9 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (31.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      8 (15.7%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:46 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31140 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Jan 21, 2021 10:24:16 pm
      Sorry mate but is can definitely go further downhill from here on tonight's evidence.

I know, that's what the smiley was for :)
      We've a tough run of games coming.

Tonight I was kinda thinking, OK, backs are against the wall here, people want us dropping more points - so the players, even though not playing well, will do the whole mentality monster thing and we'll come away with 3 points.

But it's just not happening. The front three are out of form, but it's not just them, fair few others are off it now too, throw in the injuries...

REALLY hope we can turn it around, but that was poor tonight.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #599: Jan 21, 2021 10:24:34 pm
      Interesting observation, certainly worth a debate.

Think investment comes into that as well as the manager's style. Klopp turned a mid table side into one of English football's best ever on such a limited budget. The net spend numbers are crazy when you look at them. The consequence is we've got a smaller core than the likes of City who can obviously drop big sums on players that'll sit on the bench and rotate. When you get the injuries we've had it knocks us off more than it would them and even United to a degree. Look at the Southampton and the United games were Klopp didn't have any faith in his subs at all.

True. Good points. But what I don't understand, is why we are not brining in a CB this transfer window (ok, we still might). Get freebie, get a loan until the season's end. Anything to get two actual CB in the team, which would also free up Fab to go back in midfield. Don't have to break the bank for that.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #600: Jan 21, 2021 10:24:45 pm
      Jürgen sounds dejected here.

He knows we have big problems and run out ideas.

Basically if we don't score early we are unlikely to get a result.

That's a huge problem.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #601: Jan 21, 2021 10:25:19 pm
      The title race was done weeks ago and the positive now is that everyone now knows it 100%

We really have to start worrying about top 4 now. I would say we are odds against at this moment to get there.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #602: Jan 21, 2021 10:25:26 pm
      We had a great run

But we've run out of energy and ideas.

I think we should conserve energy from now until next season and do enough to finish top 4.

In August we will have Virgil and Joe back plus a couple of new signings hopefully. Then we will be a force again.

I think it's bigger than that,the urgency and pressing has completely disappeared,slow passes sideways and backwards keeping the ball but doing nothing with it(reminds me a bit of the Roy Evans side early on) at times we look clueless crossing aimless hit and hope balls into the box,i think there is some dead wood that needs to be sold and a bit of a rebuild to go again.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #603: Jan 21, 2021 10:25:39 pm
      No point pointing the finger tonight, they were near enough all sh*te bar the two centre halves, who to be fair had next to nothing to do. Mane looked alright at spells but that's about it. You never really get a stinker from him so it's to be expected.

In terms of the title it's looking a hell of a lot further away than it did a few hours ago. Need to really put together a flurry of wins starting with the next league game if we want to still be in the mix come the business end of the season.

We won't be in this rut forever - there's too much quality in the squad. Just need to drag ourselves out of it and things will begin to click once again. Only question is when that is exactly going to happen.

FA Cup tie against United, Champions League knockouts next month - still plenty to play for regardless of your opinions on whether or not we're in with a chance of the title.

Onwards & upwards - Up the reds!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #604: Jan 21, 2021 10:26:45 pm
      We had a great run

But we've run out of energy and ideas.

I think we should conserve energy from now until next season and do enough to finish top 4.

In August we will have Virgil and Joe back plus a couple of new signings hopefully. Then we will be a force again.

Why are you giving up so easily, ffs, there’s half a season left, it’s sh*te at the mo granted, but never never ever give up, that’s why f***in blueshite haven’t won F**k all for 26 f***in years, because they give up !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #605: Jan 21, 2021 10:26:55 pm
      True. Good points. But what I don't understand, is why we are not (ok, we still might) brining in a CB this transfer window. Get freebie, get a loan until the season's end. Anything to get two actual CB in the team, which would also free up Fab to go back in midfield. Don't have to break the bank for that.

Yes the centre back situation I don't understand either. I know we don't panic buy but Gomez went down in early November - there was time to find a centre back and overpay if needed be. I think we're being a bit too cautious in these covid times but maybe that's a debate for another thread!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #606: Jan 21, 2021 10:27:11 pm
      Agree.

F***ing grim stuff. If I have to see one more aimless cross go into the box I'll through my laptop out the window.

Not matter how you dress it up we're in a dire run of form that I can't see a way out of without a drastic rethink on how we're playing.

And it wad a penalty all day long. Anyone  saying otherwise needs to take the red tinted glasses off.

Im not seein where the peno is mate. He knocks the ball wide and puts his boot in a downward motuon to Alisson. Still not dure even then he contacts him. Certainly wasnt Becker taking him down...if thats a peno then Mane has a shout for one earlier on
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #607: Jan 21, 2021 10:27:45 pm
      Agree with this. I was only saying to my youngest, if we didn't have bad luck we'd have none.

Its a pity, just feel if we could get the monkey off the back, even with a scrappy one, we might push on
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #608: Jan 21, 2021 10:28:57 pm
      Cant understand his refusal to try something new. Basically swaped players into the same system when its the system thats failing

I actually thought we started well but with the wrong player in Origi, we were quite positive going forwards but faded and faded as the match went on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #609: Jan 21, 2021 10:29:06 pm
      The title race was done weeks ago and the positive now is that everyone now knows it 100%

Well they can start concentrating on just winning now without the added pressure which clearly was too heavy.

Mentality Monsters indeed.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #610: Jan 21, 2021 10:29:13 pm
      Im not seein where the peno is mate. He knocks the ball wide and puts his boot in a downward motuon to Alisson. Still not dure even then he contacts him. Certainly wasnt Becker taking him down...if thats a peno then Mane has a shout for one earlier on
      Yeah, I can see why it was given, but it was a soft one for me. He's hardly touched him. It doesn't help that the officials are not even consistent here.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #611: Jan 21, 2021 10:29:43 pm

Mane probably does but for me that's a pen. If that's one of our lads running at Pope and he clips him like Alisson did we'd all be looking a penalty.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,016 posts | 228 
      Reply #612: Jan 21, 2021 10:30:56 pm
      just need the ball to go in off the end of some-one's c0ck

would love a Rui Costa who could run with the ball and smack them in or the killer pass
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #613: Jan 21, 2021 10:31:34 pm
      Mane probably does but for me that's a pen. If that's one of our lads running at Pope and he clips him like Alisson did we'd all be looking a penalty.

We would look but it doesnt mean it is...ill look again tomorrow but ftom the live moment and sky slowing it down, not for me
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #614: Jan 21, 2021 10:32:10 pm
      Its a pity, just feel if we could get the monkey off the back, even with a scrappy one, we might push on

We will mate, form is temporary class is permanent, onwards and upwards. YNWA.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #615: Jan 21, 2021 10:32:57 pm
      I’m done, the negative vibes in here are part of the f***in problem, too many giving in, too many doom mongerers, too many plastics, never mind the club needing a shake up , this f***in forum does too, I’m out of here, need to go and lie down, come back tomorrow maybe ?

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #616: Jan 21, 2021 10:33:28 pm
      We would look but it doesnt mean it is...ill look again tomorrow but ftom the live moment and sky slowing it down, not for me

For me it was Bri.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #617: Jan 21, 2021 10:34:17 pm
      I’m done, the negative vibes in here are part of the f***in problem, too many giving in, too many doom mongerers, too many plastics, never mind the club needing a shake up , this f***in forum does too, I’m out of here, need to go and lie down, come back tomorrow maybe ?

YNWA

We’re all just gutted mate - lockdown ain’t helping
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #618: Jan 21, 2021 10:35:13 pm
      I think they were both pens to be honest. Mane getting taken out just after the shot was exactly the same as Barnes really (which definitely was a penalty).
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #619: Jan 21, 2021 10:36:03 pm

Old Trafford Sunday lad. We go again.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,549 posts | 1495 
      Reply #620: Jan 21, 2021 10:36:05 pm

YNWA
      Hope so billy.

Quick Reply