Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      6 (11.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.9%)
       Fabinho
      9 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (31.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      8 (15.7%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:46 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29554 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Jan 21, 2021 10:36:33 pm

Why do we continue to play the same way week in, week out and expect any different?

So frustrating watching us play at the moment.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #622: Jan 21, 2021 10:37:20 pm
      Old Trafford Sunday lad. We go again.

There'd be nothing quite like getting back on track by beating them in their own backyard.

Buzzing for it already.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #623: Jan 21, 2021 10:38:27 pm
      A change of tactics needed. Teams know all they have to do is park the bus and counterattack us to get a result. We need to draw teams out somehow, and hit them on the break.
      I should add that we don't have any luck at the the minute, City or Utd would have converted one of the chances we created.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #624: Jan 21, 2021 10:38:51 pm
      Why do we continue to play the same way week in, week out and expect any different?

It is mate. Something has to change.

Big problem for us is that we have so many players who have been injured this season, added to many only coming back from injury on the back of three relentless seasons chasing down City.

I think we're fu**ed.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #625: Jan 21, 2021 10:40:47 pm

Need to try something different
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #626: Jan 21, 2021 10:42:19 pm
      If fab doesn't win our player of the year all I can say is that the second half of the season will be worth watching
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #627: Jan 21, 2021 10:42:35 pm
      We are all gutted after tonight’s result but this slump we are in won’t last forever & we will come out of it sooner or later,it’s only half time & plenty of footy left to play & remember we’ve been in plenty of sh*t before As a club & come up smelling of roses.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #628: Jan 21, 2021 10:44:36 pm

Genuinely curious as to how you’d have us play when they have 8 defenders in the box?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #629: Jan 21, 2021 10:46:55 pm
      Mane probably does but for me that's a pen. If that's one of our lads running at Pope and he clips him like Alisson did we'd all be looking a penalty.

But Barnes had already shot wide before any contact was made. He missed first time and was given another chance from the spot. Every other gets them given, yet we don’t. Utter sh*te...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #630: Jan 21, 2021 10:47:00 pm
      Genuinely curious as to how you’d have us play when they have 8 defenders in the box?

We haven't just played like this against Burnley mate.

rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #631: Jan 21, 2021 10:47:39 pm

How of the other teams played and beat Burnley most of the season have you seen City results against them its 5 every game what do you mean how do you expect us to play
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #632: Jan 21, 2021 10:47:56 pm

We're not signing a CB which is a joke but we need to get Fab back in midfield and push Thiago further forward.

Play Phillips or Williams next to Matip and get the ball from midfield to our forwards quickly like we used to do.

Stop over thinking our play in the box just play with more urgency and the goal will come.

MORE URGENCY!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #633: Jan 21, 2021 10:48:38 pm
      We haven't just played like this against Burnley mate.

Ok, but against Burnley who shithouse and park the bus, how should we have played differently?

I think some folks are losing sight of the fact that last year we won some games we probably shouldn’t have and now we aren’t winning some of those games. It happens. We will come out of it.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #634: Jan 21, 2021 10:49:51 pm

Here is a clue you don't just keep swinging crosses in against the two of the better CB in the league when we have no aerial ability there's a start
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #635: Jan 21, 2021 10:50:10 pm

You play with urgency and accuracy.

We have the players to do it so it shouldn't be this hard to score.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #636: Jan 21, 2021 10:50:19 pm
      First of all, I’d like to congratulate Jürgen and the boys on a magnificent achievement with our home record. It had to come to an end sometime but what a fantastic achievement that was, well done lads.

Moving onto tonight. I had no problem with the line up. I was glad there were a few changes (much needed in my opinion) and I was pleased to see joel back. The only thing I was hoping was that origi would be on the left and mane down the middle. I’m sure I’ve said it before on here but origi doesn’t have the feet or the brain to play CF and for his build he is fairly weak and timid against two cbs. As a wide man though he can be quite powerful and beat a full back in a 1v1.

The game starts and look, there’s nothing much to say really. We all knew what type of game it would be. We dominated the play and Burnley sat in and made it difficult for us. Despite having all of the ball, our end product was really poor yet again and we didn’t do enough to win the game. That’s it basically. We look lethargic, out of ideas and badly short on confidence which is so unusual as we’ve been the exact opposite during Klopps time here.

Going through the team I thought Alisson was good again despite giving the pen away (had no other choice in my opinion), Fabinho and Joel were both solid too. Robbo defended well but offered little going forward but it was just one of those games where the play was mostly down our right hand side. That brings me to Trent who i thought had a shocker. He was beaten too easily by their left winger on a couple of occasions but what the f**k has happened to his delivery?! Absolutely awful.

The midfield three. Gini and Thiago played how they did against united. Good in spells but they aren’t doing enough. They’re controlling games but they’ve got to force them more. They’ve got to gamble more. Shoot more. Gini had one great run in the second half where he drove forward with the ball and laid it off to Salah who should have bagged but we need a lot more of that.  Ox however was f**king dreadful. I like ox, but f**k me that was a shithouse performance from him that. Backed out of tackles, not involved. Just f**king poor.

The front three. Origi I thought did surprisingly well down the middle and was unlucky with a couple of his chances but the one big chance he did have he made a mess of it. I can’t believe he didn’t score that 1 on 1 and going back to the start of my post, had mane been down the middle instead then I think we go 1-0 up there. Shaq and mane both did ok but again, it wasn’t enough. They’ve got to do more.

Subs. Salah most involved but should have scored. Bobby standing around as usual. Minamino came on and got in the way of Salah for what was a certain goal and other than that did nothing at all.

It’s strange what’s happened to us. I think the no fans is really having an impact. Other clubs it can be a blessing. Look at Everton for example whos supporters are usually hostile and get on the teams back. It’s no coincidence they’re playing better without them in the ground. But our support is a lot different and I know it’s cheesy and cliche but we really are the 12th man at times.

We aren’t out the race by any means but we’ve made it such a difficult task now. I’m looking forward to the next run of games where we will play teams who will come at us which will give the likes of mane more space.

Have faith in this manager and this group of players. They deserve that after what they’ve given us the past 2-3 years.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #637: Jan 21, 2021 10:53:06 pm

Think we've been able to break teams down playing this way before, but the form of the players is so poor right now, not sure it'd make a big difference what way we play.
      TAA is a good example of someone who was getting lots of assists and the odd goal/set piece - and now can't even swing a decent corner into the box.

But we have tonnes of possession on the edge of the box - could we not try some little moves to set guys up for a belt from just outside.
      Instead of constantly looking for Trent or Robbo, and have them cross in for big CBs to head away.

So many times in the game was just going SHOOT!!!! ffs, get a shot away, laces through it. But no, stop, look around, get it to TAA/Robbo
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #638: Jan 21, 2021 10:53:28 pm
      Ok, but against Burnley who shithouse and park the bus, how should we have played differently?

I think some folks are losing sight of the fact that last year we won some games we probably shouldn’t have and now we aren’t winning some of those games. It happens. We will come out of it.

Oh come off it. We deserved to win those games last season because we pressed the life out of teams intensely until the final whistle every game.

We have lost our intensity and our pressing so it's easy for teams to defend against us now.

We aren't winning games now because we don't deserve to win them.
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1006 
      Reply #639: Jan 21, 2021 10:54:13 pm
      We’re all just gutted mate - lockdown ain’t helping

Exactly, there’s not much else to focus on that gives you a buzz! The football is the only thing that’s kept me going, sadly there’s not been much to enjoy in our performances, either in performance or results lately. I’m as gutted as everyone, but I’ve now really thought about things, after that loss, and I’m just relieved that none of my family have or have had Covid, none have lost their jobs, my wider friends base are all mostly OK. I’m going to hang onto that and I’m afraid football just seems so less important! I love my football, but I do appreciate that there are things more important than football at this moment. We will come through this, but for now we need to take care of each other!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #640: Jan 21, 2021 10:57:53 pm

You think Burnley don’t play like that v all the Top teams?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #641: Jan 21, 2021 10:58:24 pm
      Oh come off it. We deserved to win those games last season because we pressed the life out of teams intensely until the final whistle every game.

We have lost our intensity and our pressing so it's easy for teams to defend against us now.

We aren't winning games now because we don't deserve to win them.

😂😂

Ok superfan.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #642: Jan 21, 2021 10:58:50 pm
      You think Burnley don’t play like that v all the Top teams?

I’m not sure how that answers my question but ok then. 
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #643: Jan 21, 2021 10:58:54 pm
      Here is a clue you don't just keep swinging crosses in against the two of the better CB in the league when we have no aerial ability there's a start

Yep, that would be a start

Quick Reply