Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      6 (11.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.9%)
       Fabinho
      9 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (31.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      8 (15.7%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:46 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29022 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Jan 22, 2021 10:00:16 am
      Don't Leicester have a sh*t load of injuries as well, doesn't seem to be hurting them very much!!

No the reality is that we are sh*t at the moment and I'm sorry but I don't see us snapping out of it any time soon, not unless Klopp grows a set of balls and starts dropping some of these players who are putting in sh*t performances week after week, prime examples Trent and Bobby and please for th elove of God never ever play Origi again!!

Well he just dropped Bobby and salah, something you’ve been calling for. The only players we can bring in for them are Origi and Shaq.  Regarding Trent, who replaces him, no obvious alternative besides Williams who I don’t think is good enough.

That line up last night was full of changes and you want more people dropped, there’s literally no one else to bring in, we don’t have that level of depth.

Feels like something has gone badly wrong behind the scenes, you don’t go from scoring 7 to suddenly not scoring for what, 5 games?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #691: Jan 22, 2021 10:02:37 am
      Don't Leicester have a sh*t load of injuries as well, doesn't seem to be hurting them very much!!

No the reality is that we are sh*t at the moment and I'm sorry but I don't see us snapping out of it any time soon, not unless Klopp grows a set of balls and starts dropping some of these players who are putting in sh*t performances week after week, prime examples Trent and Bobby and please for th elove of God never ever play Origi again!!

He literally dropped Bobby this game and Trent the one before you F***ing divvy. He’s dropped Mo and won’t hesitate to drop anyone, you really have your little dick hard about blaming Klopp for everything it’s F***ing bizarre and almost at the level that lfcacrosswater w**ker had for Rafa.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #692: Jan 22, 2021 10:05:59 am
      He literally dropped Bobby this game and Trent the one before you f**king divvy. He’s dropped Mo and won’t hesitate to drop anyone, you really have your little dick hard about blaming Klopp for everything it’s f**king bizarre and almost at the level that lfcacrosswater w**ker had for Rafa.

Can't you express yourself/make your point without being so offensive,it's only people's view.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #693: Jan 22, 2021 10:08:37 am
      That's an interesting point, when did they move? I agree its probably stupid to do that midseason anyway.

Mid to Late November we moved to Kirby..
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #694: Jan 22, 2021 10:08:54 am
      Jürgen said he didnt drop Mo or Bobby but with so many games he needed to freshen things up!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #695: Jan 22, 2021 10:11:56 am
      Well he just dropped Bobby and salah, something you’ve been calling for. The only players we can bring in for them are Origi and Shaq.  Regarding Trent, who replaces him, no obvious alternative besides Williams who I don’t think is good enough.

That line up last night was full of changes and you want more people dropped, there’s literally no one else to bring in, we don’t have that level of depth.

Feels like something has gone badly wrong behind the scenes, you don’t go from scoring 7 to suddenly not scoring for what, 5 games?

Of course there are other player to try, Neco would definitely be a good alternative to Trent at the moment. Hell I'd even give Tsimikas a go on the right, he might not be able to float the ball aimlessly in like Trent but he could cut in and deliver a better pass I'm sure.

I would never ever play Origi, he is easily the worst striker we have ever had at the club, and I'm including players like Voronin and Lambert. How about giving Minaminio a run of games or even one of the youth players, are they all sh*te, all worse than Origi, if that is true then what the hell is goign on with our recruitment??

Ox is also bloody useless these days, I'd rather play Curtis in an attacking role or even Milner

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #696: Jan 22, 2021 10:14:21 am
      Jürgen said he didnt drop Mo or Bobby but with so many games he needed to freshen things up!!!

Weird how Man Utd don't have that same requirement, then again they don't have a system so F***ing rigid that they always have to play 3 attackers, 3 attackers who can hardly get a shot on target these days!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #697: Jan 22, 2021 10:16:49 am
      I wonder whether JK played Ox and Origi last night to put them in the shop window for sale..
      If he did, we'll be lucky to get a bag of peanuts for either.. :roll:

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #698: Jan 22, 2021 10:18:22 am
      I would never ever play Origi, he is easily the worst striker we have ever had at the club

Come on, that is absolute nonsense and you know it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #699: Jan 22, 2021 10:19:56 am
      He literally dropped Bobby this game and Trent the one before you f**king divvy. He’s dropped Mo and won’t hesitate to drop anyone, you really have your little dick hard about blaming Klopp for everything it’s f**king bizarre and almost at the level that lfcacrosswater w**ker had for Rafa.

Trent has started every game since Fulham at the beginning of December???

I applauded him dropping Bobby, finally, but to replace him with origi, wow, the one player even worse.

Dropping Mo made no sense to me at all and playing Ox makes no sense.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #700: Jan 22, 2021 10:20:50 am
      Come on, that is absolute nonsense and you know it

Which striker have we had in recent times who is worse than Origi?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #701: Jan 22, 2021 10:28:03 am

Lambert, Balotelli, Carrol, Borini, Voronin, Solanke, Aspas to name but a few off the top of my head. A good chunk of those had a more favourable run in the team than Divock has had of late too.

When Divock was playing regularly between 2015 & 2016 he was actually playing well and played a big part in getting us to two finals, then he got his ankle broke and has been a bit part player at best since, but even during that bit part status he's managed to score the winner in a derby, CL Semi Final and CL final. He might not be a good enough option anymore to have in the squad but to say he's the worst striker to ever play for the club is absolutely ridiculous. Bed-wetting at its finest
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #702: Jan 22, 2021 10:30:41 am

My word...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #703: Jan 22, 2021 10:33:23 am
      Lambert, Balotelli, Carrol, Borini, Voronin, Solanke, Aspas to name but a few off the top of my head. A good chunk of those had a more favourable run in the team than Divock has had of late too.

When Divock was playing regularly between 2015 & 2016 he was actually playing well and played a big part in getting us to two finals, then he got his ankle broke and has been a bit part player at best since, but even during that bit part status he's managed to score the winner in a derby, CL Semi Final and CL final. He might not be a good enough option anymore to have in the squad but to say he's the worst striker to ever play for the club is absolutely ridiculous. Bed-wetting at its finest

Balotelli is the winner....my God
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #704: Jan 22, 2021 10:51:34 am
      Balotelli is the winner....my God

Yeah he's probably the standout for me. Felt sorry for Rodgers in a way because he was near enough left with no other option towards the end of the window after missing out on Sanchez.

Diouf has to be right up there too. More so for the price-tag at the time and how he was expected to take us to the next level. Think he's the only Liverpool #9 in history to go an entire season without scoring a goal
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #705: Jan 22, 2021 10:59:16 am
      We put a lot of crosses in and we always have done. Our full backs have the most assists of any full backs time and time again. Teams deliberately defend narrowly so that the ball goes out there. That's where the space is.

For whatever reason it worked in the past and its not working now. We either have to embrace the crossing game and improve on the delivery and the forwards making runs and creating space for each other or we ditch it and work on going through the midfield more.

On paper we have everything you would need. Ball playing centre halves, attacking full backs. 2 ball players in Thiago and Shaq and 3 mobile forwards.

On the pitch however it just isnt working.

I think the problem is now the way the crosses are put in and the timing of them.

Before we seemed to drag the opponents out of position and then had our players moving into space for the crosses, many of which were more like quick passes.

Now we just seem to pass the ball in front of the opposition, with little movement, then it goes wide and lumped into the box.
      CurraghRed
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #706: Jan 22, 2021 11:09:19 am
      This all goes back to that dead rubber game in Norway, hassle over the captains armband ( TAA and Mo ), both sh*t since then and Jota getting injured when none of the them should even have been even in the country let alone on the pitch in the first instance.
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #707: Jan 22, 2021 12:25:32 pm
      It was really a bad game, however, it was expected by taking into consideration the previous game's performances and naive tactics by Klopp. Firmino and Salah have been underperforming since last season, and Klopp should have enforced his striking force much earlier, Jota is a welcoming addition, but we needed a proper CF.
      Burnely has defended with ease. We need to go back to the basic, in order to recover better forms
      Origi is the worst striker we have, Klopp should have sold him two seasons ago, but he instead sold Ings, who many clubs are after him including Spurs!  It is weird management.
      The prospect of LFC team for this season is looking very bleak, the team is facing many tough games starting on Sunday. As for the league, I hope that we can manage to secure the fourth spot, however, that might be difficult to achieve.
      Best Of Luck for the incoming games

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #708: Jan 22, 2021 12:32:18 pm

David Ngog... Fabio Borini...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #709: Jan 22, 2021 12:36:42 pm

They were all sh*t but I still consider Origi on current form, not 4 years ago, to be worse, his movement and link up play is embarrassingly bad.
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #710: Jan 22, 2021 12:38:06 pm
      I vote Origi for MoM. You need a special kind of ability to lose that goal.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #711: Jan 22, 2021 12:49:53 pm
      They were all sh*t but I still consider Origi on current form, not 4 years ago, to be worse, his movement and link up play is embarrassingly bad.

Awful shout this lad. His 1 on 1 miss aside, Origi didn’t even have a bad game last night either. He was involved and got a couple of shots off. You’ve got a very short memory if you think origi is the worst striker we’ve had though - it shows how spoilt we’ve been in the last couple of seasons if you think origi is that bad.

Diouf has to be right up there too. More so for the price-tag at the time and how he was expected to take us to the next level. Think he's the only Liverpool #9 in history to go an entire season without scoring a goal

To be fair diouf spent the majority of his time playing as a right midfielder rather than a forward but F**k me what a horrible vile little tw*t he was. Dog sh*t player. Still can’t believe we went for him over Anelka...ridiculous decision that. Got no doubt had we signed Anelka we would have a couple of more trophies on our history books.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #712: Jan 22, 2021 12:53:01 pm
      Awful shout this lad. His 1 on 1 miss aside, Origi didn’t even have a bad game last night either. He was involved and got a couple of shots off. You’ve got a very short memory if you think origi is the worst striker we’ve had though - it shows how spoilt we’ve been in the last couple of seasons if you think origi is that bad.

To be fair diouf spent the majority of his time playing as a right midfielder rather than a forward but f**k me what a horrible vile little tw*t he was. Dog sh*t player. Still can’t believe we went for him over Anelka...ridiculous decision that. Got no doubt had we signed Anelka we would have a couple of more trophies on our history books.

Shooting straight at the keeper is not a good shot!! The one-on-one miss was bad but I'm referring to his general play, its crap.

Ask yourselves this, would Origi get into any other Prem side? If yes then why are there no offers for him ever.

Quick Reply