Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      6 (11.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.9%)
       Fabinho
      9 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (31.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      8 (15.7%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:46 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29034 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Jan 22, 2021 01:03:44 pm
      Shooting straight at the keeper is not a good shot!! The one-on-one miss was bad but I'm referring to his general play, its crap.

Ask yourselves this, would Origi get into any other Prem side? If yes then why are there no offers for him ever.

I agree with you. We’ve moved on to a level now which is too high for origi. I’ve said myself dozens of times he isn’t good enough to play centre forward for this Liverpool team. But your statement of him being the worst forward we’ve had is very unfair. He didn’t have a bad game last night either but he will obviously only be remembered for his miss.

You bash origi but want minamino to play but I haven’t seen anything at all from minamino yet to suggest he’s worthy of game time or that he’s a better option than divock.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #714: Jan 22, 2021 01:05:09 pm
      Genuinely curious as to how you’d have us play when they have 8 defenders in the box?

I think we need to have Thiago much further forward closer to the front 3 and start making those dribbling runs into the penalty box.
      No idea what he is doing almost as the third CB.

The fullbacks need to stop constantly crossing to our midget front line, Robbo does it not so much lately but when was the last time Trent made a overlapping run.

When was the last time any of our midfielders made a quick 1-2 with the forwards to break the line.

Similarly the forward seem to have stopped running at players, not really seen Mane take on a player worst case scenario he gains a penno.
      Salah is so one footed it’s now become to easy for defenders to see what he is going to do.

I’m sure Klopp and his team team are working on what we need to do sort out our bluntness!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #715: Jan 22, 2021 01:07:36 pm

Sean Dundee!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #716: Jan 22, 2021 01:11:20 pm
      Is Thiago the new Seba Veron - all class and no impact
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #717: Jan 22, 2021 01:12:10 pm
      To be fair diouf spent the majority of his time playing as a right midfielder rather than a forward but f**k me what a horrible vile little tw*t he was. Dog sh*t player. Still can’t believe we went for him over Anelka...ridiculous decision that. Got no doubt had we signed Anelka we would have a couple of more trophies on our history books.

Yeah think you're right regarding him being shifted towards the right. Think he was signed to play up top though as like you said, it was a toss up between him & Anelka. Mad how many centre forwards we signed during the 00's who ended up being moved onto the wings instead.

Real sliding doors moment picking him over Anelka like, funnily enough was at the game not long after he signed on loan where he scored his first goal. Think it was against Ipswich or Birmingham in the FA Cup, can remember me da saying "You'll be able to say you saw Nicolas Anelka's first goal for Liverpool" after it went in, thinking he was going to be a legend for years to come ha.

What could have been
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #718: Jan 22, 2021 01:17:01 pm
      They were all sh*t but I still consider Origi on current form, not 4 years ago, to be worse, his movement and link up play is embarrassingly bad.

Well when you said he's the worst striker ever to play for us I thought that's what you meant.

Still wouldn't say he's as poor as those I've listed, even on current form. It's easy for people to forget some of the absolute sh*te we've had up top in the past. Balotelli covered about 25 yards a game and Lambert used to turn slower than the Titanic so I dunno how Origi's movement can be worse than those two
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #719: Jan 22, 2021 01:26:42 pm
      I would never ever play Origi, he is easily the worst striker we have ever had at the club, and I'm including players like Voronin and Lambert.

Someone never saw Sean Dundee play!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #720: Jan 22, 2021 01:27:11 pm

Oh F**k off
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #721: Jan 22, 2021 01:28:46 pm
      Have we clutched enough straws today?

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #722: Jan 22, 2021 01:29:25 pm

Really?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #723: Jan 22, 2021 01:30:50 pm

Veronin, Jovanovic...

We've had some right stinkers here.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #724: Jan 22, 2021 01:33:50 pm
      Lambert, Balotelli, Carrol, Borini, Voronin, Solanke, Aspas to name but a few off the top of my head. A good chunk of those had a more favourable run in the team than Divock has had of late too.

Funnily enough Aspas has been one of the best strikers in La Liga consistently since he left the club.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #725: Jan 22, 2021 01:39:12 pm
      Funnily enough Aspas has been one of the best strikers in La Liga consistently since he left the club.

Yeah he's been superb. Was promising before he joined too, just didn't work out for him when he was here. Think the physicality of the league didn't do him any favours. Always looked as though he could have done with a steak & a protein shake when he was on the pitch for us. Suppose getting a decent run in the team helps as well, which he was never given
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #726: Jan 22, 2021 01:40:38 pm
      Luis Alberto, though not a striker, likewise, went on to very good things.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #727: Jan 22, 2021 01:41:48 pm
      Veronin, Jovanovic...

We've had some right stinkers here.

Still can't believe he turned Real Madrid down a year before he joined us, he looked completely out of his depth playing in Hodgson's team. Imagine him at the Bernabeu
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #728: Jan 22, 2021 01:49:02 pm
      Awful shout this lad. His 1 on 1 miss aside, Origi didn’t even have a bad game last night either. He was involved and got a couple of shots off. You’ve got a very short memory if you think origi is the worst striker we’ve had though - it shows how spoilt we’ve been in the last couple of seasons if you think origi is that bad.

This.

Origi was direct last night and at least posed some threat. Didn't score, missed a big chance, but what are we comparing him to? We haven't scored for 4 games! Not like the other strikers are lethal in front of goal. Mistake Klopp made last night was taking Origi off! Firmino did less again. Nonsense to sub Origi off for Firmino.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #729: Jan 22, 2021 01:50:08 pm
      I think we need to have Thiago much further forward closer to the front 3 and start making those dribbling runs into the penalty box.
      No idea what he is doing almost as the third CB.

The fullbacks need to stop constantly crossing to our midget front line, Robbo does it not so much lately but when was the last time Trent made a overlapping run.

When was the last time any of our midfielders made a quick 1-2 with the forwards to break the line.

Similarly the forward seem to have stopped running at players, not really seen Mane take on a player worst case scenario he gains a penno.
      Salah is so one footed it’s now become to easy for defenders to see what he is going to do.

I’m sure Klopp and his team team are working on what we need to do sort out our bluntness!

I agree on Thiago, not sure why he's been tasked to play so deep. I will say I think out short passing game is tougher when the opponent stacks the box and it seems like someone's idea (either the boys or Klopp) is to just cross balls in and pray. Think we'd have been better off to just start shooting from outside the box and crashing the goal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #730: Jan 22, 2021 01:52:21 pm
      Yeah he's been superb. Was promising before he joined too, just didn't work out for him when he was here. Think the physicality of the league didn't do him any favours. Always looked as though he could have done with a steak & a protein shake when he was on the pitch for us. Suppose getting a decent run in the team helps as well, which he was never given

He was forever haunted by that corner kick........
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #731: Jan 22, 2021 01:55:07 pm
      This.

Origi was direct last night and at least posed some threat. Didn't score, missed a big chance, but what are we comparing him to? We haven't scored for 4 games! Not like the other strikers are lethal in front of goal. Mistake Klopp made last night was taking Origi off! Firmino did less again. Nonsense to sub Origi off for Firmino.

Origi offers nothing. Should have never been on the pitch. Minamino should have started ahead of him if it wasn't going to be Firmino.

There's a reason we've been desperately trying to sell Origi. That horrific miss last night didn't help us in that regard either.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #732: Jan 22, 2021 01:55:13 pm
      Awful shout this lad. His 1 on 1 miss aside, Origi didn’t even have a bad game last night either. He was involved and got a couple of shots off.

Was he F**k, he was F***ing sh*te as per. That miss I put on a par with Heskey's miss in the FA cup against Palace when he ran from the halfway line and virtually passed it back to the keeper.

Div wants volleying for that miss, that goes in and it's a different game. Origi's time at the club is done, we just need rid now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #733: Jan 22, 2021 01:59:17 pm

Actually his last kick of the ball for the club wasn't it. Can't remember him playing after that. Unfair on him as rarely given a chance with Sturridge and Suarez ahead of him. Went back to Spain and became a top striker.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #734: Jan 22, 2021 02:01:02 pm

Still to this day have absolutely no idea what he was trying to do with that corner. Up there with DB Cooper as one of the world's biggest mysteries
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #735: Jan 22, 2021 02:03:40 pm
      Still to this day have absolutely no idea what he was trying to do with that corner. Up there with DB Cooper as one of the world's biggest mysteries

Rushing things, last minute of the game panicking trying to play a short corner and just gets it all wrong.

Quick Reply