Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      6 (11.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.9%)
       Fabinho
      9 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (31.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      8 (15.7%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:46 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29051 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Jan 22, 2021 02:08:58 pm
      We have some very technically gifted footballers who if they drove forward with the ball at their feet would earn themselves free kicks and pens against the likes of Burnley players.

But all we did was punt crosses at their keeper or into the stands or behind all our players.

Absolutely no nous on display.  If you're going through a bad spell at least try and give yourselves a chance by buying some set pieces.  Both Man City and now Man United know exactly how to do that.

I remember Sadio Mane driving into the area just once in that game and I remember it because it happened so infrequently last night.  Players five yards outside the box who instead of driving forward wanted to try and pass it around about 9 Burnley defenders.  Ludicrous.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #737: Jan 22, 2021 02:14:27 pm
      Rushing things, last minute of the game panicking trying to play a short corner and just gets it all wrong.

The thing with short corners though is that somebody has to actually come short to receive it. I don't remember anybody being within 30-40 yards of him when he took that corner 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #738: Jan 22, 2021 02:15:29 pm
      The thing with short corners though is that somebody has to actually come short to receive it. I don't remember anybody being within 30-40 yards of him when he took that corner 😂

As I said panicking!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #739: Jan 22, 2021 02:52:41 pm
      A theory...

Our players dont have the urgency to get out of his mess because they think or assumevit will just happen, that someone else on the pitch will step up and save it??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #740: Jan 22, 2021 04:31:13 pm
      Can't you express yourself/make your point without being so offensive,it's only people's view.

Perhaps you can try and practice what you preach.  ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #741: Jan 22, 2021 04:48:10 pm
      A theory...

Our players dont have the urgency to get out of his mess because they think or assumevit will just happen, that someone else on the pitch will step up and save it??

I think a lot of us fans are the same, or certainly were up until last night that it was only a matter of time before we started playing better. I still have faith in the team and Jürgen
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #742: Jan 22, 2021 05:03:32 pm
      I think a lot of us fans are the same, or certainly were up until last night that it was only a matter of time before we started playing better. I still have faith in the team and Jürgen

I think we will play better eventually as we have enough top class footballers but another theory is that we've been so focused and relentless for three years or so now that added into the effects of the current situation means that everything has just caught up with this current squad of players.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #743: Jan 22, 2021 05:32:47 pm

Would of been better with Mick
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #744: Jan 22, 2021 05:36:43 pm

You call that a knife?  ;D
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #745: Jan 22, 2021 05:42:55 pm

Thats a knife 🔪
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #746: Jan 22, 2021 05:45:31 pm
      Still so f**king depressed - need a win this weekend bad
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #747: Jan 22, 2021 05:55:20 pm
      Still so f**king depressed - need a win this weekend bad

Don’t worry mate, it will just show how good we are when we turn it around 😉
      CurraghRed
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #748: Jan 22, 2021 06:35:24 pm
      What drives me mad is with 90 seconds left on the clock, the 2 CB's play the ball across the pitch to each other 3 or 4 times without even getting out of their own half, like ffs we need the ball up the pitch is a hurry.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #749: Jan 22, 2021 06:41:52 pm
      Have we clutched enough straws today?

No. Still waiting hear to read that Jürgen is a glorified Mark Hughes. By the rate things are going on this thread, I wouldn't bet against it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #750: Jan 22, 2021 07:17:13 pm
      Some perspective perhaps....

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #751: Jan 22, 2021 08:00:15 pm
      Klopp out, McCarthy in !!! ... dang .. he's gone to Cardiff
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #752: Jan 22, 2021 08:07:57 pm
      Balotelli is the winner....my God

Who could forget David Ngog?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #753: Jan 22, 2021 08:46:43 pm
      No. Still waiting hear to read that Jürgen is a glorified Mark Hughes. By the rate things are going on this thread, I wouldn't bet against it.

Hahaha it's Tony Pulis with the cap!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #754: Jan 22, 2021 08:47:41 pm

Man Utd!!
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #755: Jan 22, 2021 08:50:25 pm

Top lad that. 

Emotionally drained is an interesting one, isn't it?  A lot's been said about them being physically knackered, and with that comes mental tiredness, certainly.  And my God, they've looked it in the last few games.  But emotionally? 

Young blokes, stuck in lockdown, no nights out, no booze, no (real) holidays, same old faces, same old places, work work work, (for work it surely is, regardless of the fact that we'd all give our left arm to be them), pressure, social media's careless judge and jury, the press, the silent empty stands.  It's the same for all teams of course, but is it really?  The highs and lows, the massive joys of winning it all for so long and the expectation that never dies, and then having to lift us in absentia, lift themselves, lift it all - all over again.  With an injured, battered, tired, sub-City squad.

Emotionally shot. 

I'm not one for over-analysing a defeat, or picking on some poor bugger at who's door all blame must lie, but herein lies the lesson for me.

Thanks for your advice, Swansea fan.  I'll take it.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #756: Jan 22, 2021 10:27:01 pm
      Top lad that. 

Emotionally drained is an interesting one, isn't it?  A lot's been said about them being physically knackered, and with that comes mental tiredness, certainly.  And my God, they've looked it in the last few games.  But emotionally? 

Young blokes, stuck in lockdown, no nights out, no booze, no (real) holidays, same old faces, same old places, work work work, (for work it surely is, regardless of the fact that we'd all give our left arm to be them), pressure, social media's careless judge and jury, the press, the silent empty stands.  It's the same for all teams of course, but is it really?  The highs and lows, the massive joys of winning it all for so long and the expectation that never dies, and then having to lift us in absentia, lift themselves, lift it all - all over again.  With an injured, battered, tired, sub-City squad.

Emotionally shot. 

I'm not one for over-analysing a defeat, or picking on some poor bugger at who's door all blame must lie, but herein lies the lesson for me.

Thanks for your advice, Swansea fan.  I'll take it.

And the thing is, the extra pressure of defending our title and the expectations our supporters have to win every game. It has to be mentally exhausting for the boys.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #757: Jan 22, 2021 10:54:52 pm

Scored against United. Get him in before Sunday!

EDIT: DOH! Just retired last summer at age 31.
      Yikes, look at the list of clubs he ended up playing for after leaving us, including Ross County in Scotland and some team in Lithuania. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_N%27Gog
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #758: Jan 23, 2021 06:07:48 pm
      Just read in the Bob Paisley thread, in 1981-82, at thew halfway stage of the season, we were 9 points adrift of top, and went on to win it.

We've had a sh*t start, with the amount of injuries (assaults from bitters players) Players continually having to play out of position, No crowd to spur us on, (like everyone) and we've now lost our undefeated home record.
      Well the latter was gonna happen some time, as the law of averages demands, so what the F**k. We'll recoup, and set a longer one.

Tomorrow could be the game where we turn it all on its head and start a massive run, and as for the league compared to 81-82, we currently have 3 points in credit !

So chin up lads, it's not the end of the season, we're only half way, with loads to play for, so lets get behind the lads, the manager, the staff, and each other, and get it done.
      Why mope about the anti football tactics of the like of Burnley. Old gravel gob Dych was going on like he'd just won Old Big Ears, when the reality is, the closest he'll ever come to it, is when he visits Anfield.
      Its history now, and if that win is all you've got to dine out on Dych, I'm glad we were able to bring a little hapiness to your usual dull and boring life.
      You'll be able to tell all your opponents in the championship next season.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY RED MEN.  :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :action-smiley-035: :ernaehrung004: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply