Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Utd?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.8%)
       Fabinho
      2 (2.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      9 (12.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.8%)
      James Milner
      4 (5.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      3 (4.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      8 (11.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      41 (56.9%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: Jan 28, 2021 06:53:31 pm

Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22511 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,173 posts | 1095 
      Re: Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Jan 24, 2021 07:12:47 pm
      100% agree Brian.

More positives there than in recent games.

Think about how sad of a thing that is to read though? People are taking promise in a loss to our biggest rivals, and they're not wrong, i guess. Champs of England and the World and were looking for moral victories.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #553: Jan 24, 2021 07:13:14 pm
      Seen it 3 or 4 times and you're not gonna change my mind.

Mine neither.

I've paused and rewound it about 20 times now.

Fab lunged in and brought him down. If that's Maguire on Fabinho every single person on here is calling for a free
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,173 posts | 1095 
      Reply #554: Jan 24, 2021 07:14:27 pm
      Yes and JĆ¼rgen is expected to work miracles,when JĆ¼rgen goes it will really hit us hard unless the FSG sell up,not buying JĆ¼rgen a CB is criminal,no disrespect for Rhys but if we had an experienced and first choice CB today next to Fab we don't lose that game.

JĆ¼rgen also plays Williams over Phillips and that's just a travesty. Phillips has barely put a foot wrong in his games and Rys can barely put a foot right. Some of that is on the manager
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #555: Jan 24, 2021 07:17:57 pm
      When was football allowed to become a game for weak pussies, with contact and tackling basically a thing of the past? When was it ok for Utd to be given countless pens and free kicks because of the above?  Pogba pen against  Villa just goes to show how farcical the game has become. Even with VAR, a player trips himself over and STILL gets a pen awarded. Off topic maybe , but rant needed. Stated weeks ago Utd would win PL because everything goes their way. Yet to see any different. Had a real chance to push for further glory this year, but itā€™s been taken away by poor officiating, Covid killing crowds, and the club seemingly reluctant to necessarily strengthen.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #556: Jan 24, 2021 07:18:33 pm
      Have not beat a first team squad since 12-19-20

Was just thinking that we wouldn't have lost today if Villa's first team hadn't caught coronavirus before the 3rd round! ;)

Could have had a nice weekend off.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5000 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #557: Jan 24, 2021 07:18:35 pm
      Didnā€™t see that FK in real time but seen it again and it is, if it was up the other end weā€™d be screaming for it, the wall was the problem, Pogba made the space but Thiago ducked slightly, had he made himself bigger he may have got something on the ball, again a fault that would not have occurred had Virgil been there,

We have had probably our worst January since Nelson was a sea cadet, but that performance today was encouraging, we looked and played more like us but with indecisive decisions that hurt us, cut that out weā€™ll be back to a semblance of our former selves,

We missed Hendo today, we would had have more control in midfield had he played, it would have allowed Thiago further forward and gave Donkey Maguire & Co a real problem,

Not that bothered going out, frees up rest days  from March onwards , I am bothered losing to them cu*ts though always leaves a bitter taste.

We go again!

Y  N  W  A
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #558: Jan 24, 2021 07:19:32 pm
      JĆ¼rgen also plays Williams over Phillips and that's just a travesty. Phillips has barely put a foot wrong in his games and Rys can barely put a foot right. Some of that is on the manager

I was just going to say that, wasnā€™t Philips mom in one of the games - Rhys must be brilliant in training but today he looked well out of his depth and I cannot remember him doing anything right - itā€™s harsh but itā€™s so obvious we have to say it
      Tadders

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #559: Jan 24, 2021 07:21:19 pm
      The only positive thing to say is that at least ogs will be staying a d as long as heā€™s there they will just be kick and rush and win pens - we played right into their hands tonight
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #560: Jan 24, 2021 07:21:32 pm
      Oh well, just the cl and pl double to play for, individual errors cost us again,  some more encouraging signs, much the better side second half. Midfield set up still needs a bit of tinkering.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,026 posts | 529 
      Reply #561: Jan 24, 2021 07:21:53 pm
      Strange game. The middle third I thought we were really poor - just doing that aimless, throwing the ball into the box football that we've done since xmas. Playing right into their hands. Then Bobby suddenly got angry with himself at what a shocker he was having, started doing his thing and we started really playing like ourselves again. And then, just when it looked like we would go on and win, we got hit with a sucker punch. (Their free kick was a free kick though, Fab caught him heavily enough.)

Plus points were Mo getting back in the goals, and us playing well in the last half hour (which we haven't done for a while). But I just don't think we can win the league without a new CB, unless we get lucky with Matip staying fit for 15 games in a row or whatever. Shame for Williams that mistake, cos he did alright overall, but it's just not realistic to think we will get away with playing kids and midfielders in the centre of defence for weeks or months of a season. I also wonder to what extent the lack of intent from the club to really do everything to retain the title is filtering through to the players (not in terms of effort, but in terms of belief).
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 279 
      Reply #562: Jan 24, 2021 07:22:32 pm
      Think about how sad of a thing that is to read though? People are taking promise in a loss to our biggest rivals, and they're not wrong, i guess. Champs of England and the World and were looking for moral victories.

I think people are just being honest mate, nobody is happy about it. If you ask me am I disappointed losing to Utd? Yes deffo, not as much as a league match but still yes.. Am I worried about not being in FA Cup 5th round? I little bit not much
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,261 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #563: Jan 24, 2021 07:22:51 pm

Would it be worse to gave played sh*te and had nil after our name again?

Nobody is celebrating a loss or looking for moral victories but being wise enough to see that was much better then the past 5 games and can allow for further improvement on Thursday
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #564: Jan 24, 2021 07:22:53 pm

Philips is only slighty better but still not good enough for the PL or CL,feel really sorry for JĆ¼rgen,it's just a case of getting top 4 now if not i can see at least one of our world class players going as FSG will lose the CL money so will cash in.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,261 posts | 2823 
      Reply #565: Jan 24, 2021 07:24:58 pm
      Mine neither.

I've paused and rewound it about 20 times now.

Fab lunged in and brought him down. If that's Maguire on Fabinho every single person on here is calling for a free

Cavani has spun and started to go to ground before Fab reacts. Dont blame the manc I blame the ref
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #566: Jan 24, 2021 07:29:14 pm
      There must be capable defenders at ā€œsmallerā€ clubs in the PL who would do a proper job at a reasonable price, instead of putting square pegs into round holes?!

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,026 posts | 529 
      Reply #567: Jan 24, 2021 07:30:30 pm
      Cavani has spun and started to go to ground before Fab reacts. Dont blame the manc I blame the ref

Hard to say whether Cavani would have stayed on his feet if Fab hadn't put his knee into him, but he did put his knee in and took him down. To be honest I thought it was a rare match against them were the ref had a good game.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #568: Jan 24, 2021 07:30:55 pm
      At least we managed to get the round thingy in to the rectangular netty thingy.   Firmino showed us his best moments in attack played well did Firmino.  We lost because Williams isn't ready for premier league made Rashford look good.   Hopefully we won't see him again this season in defence we need to use the other options.   Hopefully we manage to find a solution in the transfer window if not use Henderson there as 3rd option. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,261 posts | 2823 
      Reply #569: Jan 24, 2021 07:31:08 pm
      There must be capable defenders at ā€œsmallerā€ clubs in the PL who would do a proper job at a reasonable price, instead of putting square pegs into round holes?!

No way imagine what we would be charged...Must be some prospects or even experienced lads in Germany ir Italy whose clubs will sell
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #570: Jan 24, 2021 07:31:58 pm
      Philips is only slighty better but still not good enough for the PL or CL,feel really sorry for JĆ¼rgen,it's just a case of getting top 4 now if not i can see at least one of our world class players going as FSG will lose the CL money so will cash in.

Itā€™s the halfway point in the season and weā€™re six points off the top - we are still very much in it ... lots of other teams are too of course but we are as well
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #571: Jan 24, 2021 07:32:03 pm
      Would it be worse to gave played sh*te and had nil after our name again?

Nobody is celebrating a loss or looking for moral victories but being wise enough to see that was much better then the past 5 games and can allow for further improvement on Thursday

It was better but that means F**k all when we are on are poor run and still lost,the midfield really doesn't function without Fab and Hendo (when on form) today there was little protection from the midfield for our defence,United just cut threw them at ease,add to that no creativity and goals from the midfield and i believe that's our main problem,so FSG put your hands in your pockets to buy a CB so Fab can go back into the midfield.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #572: Jan 24, 2021 07:32:05 pm

Brought him down? Barely contact and certainly not enough to go down. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. Within 5 seasons, thereā€™ll be no contact at all in the game and the only way a team will regain possession will be through misplaced passes...

You want to see that?

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #573: Jan 24, 2021 07:32:26 pm
      Much improved performance today. I saw hunger in the players that hadn't been there for a while.
      Can't blame Rhys for being thrown into a game of this magnitude at such a young age, and can't blame Klopp got playing him.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #574: Jan 24, 2021 07:33:34 pm
      How can people critisize Thiago, when he is playing as a DM who made most of his runs defensive to chase.
      He was never good defensive, as he is a creative midfielder. I wont judge him, until he gets someone doing the donkey work for him in the midfield.

Quick Reply