Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      6 (11.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.9%)
       Fabinho
      9 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (31.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      8 (15.7%)
      Divock Origi
      5 (9.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:46 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29389 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Jan 24, 2021 12:16:11 pm
      Just read in the Bob Paisley thread, in 1981-82, at thew halfway stage of the season, we were 9 points adrift of top, and went on to win it.

12 points behind at Christmas! It's still doable winning the league this season. We just need to get out of this run of form. As said I'd take any form of spawny goal to win the game. That's the spark we need to kickstart everything.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #760: Jan 26, 2021 08:06:39 pm
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      I agree with you. We’ve moved on to a level now which is too high for origi. I’ve said myself dozens of times he isn’t good enough to play centre forward for this Liverpool team. But your statement of him being the worst forward we’ve had is very unfair. He didn’t have a bad game last night either but he will obviously only be remembered for his miss.

You bash origi but want minamino to play but I haven’t seen anything at all from minamino yet to suggest he’s worthy of game time or that he’s a better option than divock.

A Japanese centre forward v a bunch of 6ft tall parked buses? Try again.

Origi suits a side in mid table, with a half decent manager and no expectations to win things, which is what we were when he signed. There are lots of those teams out there, but we're not one of them and so he's been left behind. But if you drop any of the front three, he is the next in line after Jota. So he played. He even had a few shots on target. There were 6 of them in this game. I said recently that the forwards can't kick snow off a rope, well at least Divock has shown he can kick raindrops off a crossbar. It was probably the miss of the season. Certainly the most expensive one so far.

I honestly can't put my finger on why they are another bogey side for us. They get battered at City 5-0 every single season, yet they come here and it's like banging your head off a wall. Two years ago, they shoved Alisson into his own net and kicked Gomez into the treatment room. This year, they tried to get Fabinho a 3 match ban. No wonder Klopp and Dyche don't get on. The way they play would make you want to tear your hair out. Last year they took our 100% home record, this year they've taken it outright. I hate going there, but when we go there in our last away game of the season, I would love to send them down, I've never liked those manc bas**rds or their crappy ground, they serve no purpose in this league other than to finish 17th, and they've long outstayed their welcome.

Quote from TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      Emotionally drained is an interesting one, isn't it?  A lot's been said about them being physically knackered, and with that comes mental tiredness, certainly.  And my God, they've looked it in the last few games.  But emotionally? 

Young blokes, stuck in lockdown, no nights out, no booze, no (real) holidays, same old faces, same old places, work work work, (for work it surely is, regardless of the fact that we'd all give our left arm to be them), pressure, social media's careless judge and jury, the press, the silent empty stands.  It's the same for all teams of course, but is it really?  The highs and lows, the massive joys of winning it all for so long and the expectation that never dies, and then having to lift us in absentia, lift themselves, lift it all - all over again.  With an injured, battered, tired, sub-City squad.

Emotionally shot.

Tough. Much worse things happen atm than no booze and no holidays. They're in a much more privileged position than most of us, it comes at a price. We know the situation about fans, it's the same for every club. Fed up of this crap wheeled out after every negative result. You have to play the games whether the stadium is full or empty. Nobody likes it, but most of our fans rarely if ever, get the chance to go to Anfield, let alone an away game. Everyone just has to make the best they can of it. In fact, having played 4 games with fans in attendance, we've arguably been more fortunate than other clubs in tht regard . Despite that, we only won half of them. Rant over.

We were top at Christmas, that's usually a good sign of what's to come. For now, our next target is to score a goal, then win a game, then we can build on it and set about reeling in those above us over time.

Every team this season has had a run of poor results to deal with. Now it's our turn. They've all lost a home game, many by much bigger margins than a penalty. It's halfway through the season, not the end of it as some seem excited to post about. With 57 points available, there's still everything to play for.

Quick Reply