Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool: Premier League (Thu 28th Jan 8pm)

Read 7188 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool: Premier League (Thu 28th Jan 8pm)
      Reply #23: Jan 27, 2021 05:33:09 am

If indeed that is true I’d go....... 4-2-3-1

Alisson

Trent   Matip  Phillips  Robbo

Hendo         Fabinho

Shaqiri  Thiago.  Mane

Salah

Changes the dynamics having Hendo back, allows Thiago further forward, which will give Dyer & Co nightmares, covers for Trent so he can bomb forward as with Robbo down the left, he adds much needed steel in alongside Fabinho and he can shout, scream, bollock, command and keep the boys in line so we play as a unit, have more cohesion, and have a better balance, give it ten minutes and watch the confidence soar, without him I’d be happy with a draw, with him we will win !

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: Jan 27, 2021 06:08:08 am

If indeed that is true I’d go....... 4-2-3-1

Alisson

Trent   Matip  Phillips  Robbo

Hendo         Fabinho

Shaqiri  Thiago.  Mane

Salah

Changes the dynamics having Hendo back, allows Thiago further forward, which will give Dyer & Co nightmares, covers for Trent so he can bomb forward as with Robbo down the left, he adds much needed steel in alongside Fabinho and he can shout, scream, bollock, command and keep the boys in line so we play as a unit, have more cohesion, and have a better balance, give it ten minutes and watch the confidence soar, without him I’d be happy with a draw, with him we will win !

Y  N  W  A

I like your team well enough, but Jürgen has passed on picking Phillips for several matches now. Not expecting it. Matip and Fabinho, I reckon.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #25: Jan 27, 2021 08:35:53 am
      Surely the champions are going to show some balls and win a game at some point

I am sure hendo playing in midfield is huge for us
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #26: Jan 27, 2021 08:44:16 am
      Surely the champions are going to show some balls and win a game at some point

I am sure hendo playing in midfield is huge for us

Exactly, have to step up now and show all the cu*ts laughing at us that we’ve still got it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Jan 27, 2021 09:22:17 am
      In our current situation against a top4 contender on the road? Yes.

Nonsense, you never ever play for a draw, its a very dangerous tactic, especially with a makeshift defence.

The best tactic for us in every game is to attack and simply score more goals than we concede.

As for this game we will win, I am fairly confident of it, especially if we can start Matip with Fabinho in defence and have Thiago, Hendo and Gini in midfield with a hopefully rejuvenated front three and Trent regaining some form.

I saw more than enough against Manure to suggest we have turned the corner.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: Jan 27, 2021 09:40:44 am
      Just WIN !
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #29: Jan 27, 2021 11:15:27 am
      Seem to have the edge over Spurs lately, hopefully the trend continues on Thursday night. Good news if Henderson is back, hopefully we can start to turn things around, the sooner the better !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30: Jan 27, 2021 11:30:55 am

If he actually gets to play in midfield I agree.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #31: Jan 27, 2021 11:50:26 am

Ditto,if we have 1 shot on target (or none with an own goal)with 25% possession and don't play well and win 1-0,i don't really care, we have to start winning,anyway anyhow.COYR
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32: Jan 27, 2021 01:50:38 pm
      Massive game. 5th v 6th if they win they jump over us and still have a game in hand on us.

Ive said or a while now that top 6 v each other will be vital. Weve been strong in thst mini league so far, well need to keep that up...not sure if its must win but its 100% must not lose
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #33: Jan 27, 2021 01:55:14 pm
      Massive game. 5th v 6th if they win they jump over us and still have a game in hand on us.

Ive said or a while now that top 6 v each other will be vital. Weve been strong in thst mini league so far, well need to keep that up...not sure if its must win but its 100% must not lose

Unfortunately whether it’s actually must win or not, it sure feels like it is so the pressure will be the same. Boys have to perform. If they come out and lay an egg I fear for the moaning and drivel that we will have to endure......
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #34: Jan 27, 2021 02:30:11 pm
      This one is massive for me.

If we go there and win we've made a massive statement.

If we go there and lose we'll have all the other teams around us licking their lips at playing us.

I fear for this game. United looked very dangerous when they countered us. Spurs are a better counter attacking team than scum.

I think Harry Kane decides this game for Spurs. He'll drop in to that area where we have no DM. I think Hendo will need to start in midfield to limit Kane's impact.

I'm dreading Son vs Trent. He will need to to really up his recent performance levels. Is he able to?

For me, this is a must must win. We can't afford to slip and go 9 behind united. That's too much to catch and it would mean finding City like form which, with no new CB, just doesn't seem realistic
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Jan 27, 2021 02:38:04 pm
      Unfortunately whether it’s actually must win or not, it sure feels like it is so the pressure will be the same. Boys have to perform. If they come out and lay an egg I fear for the moaning and drivel that we will have to endure......

Hang on are we no allowed to be unhappy about recent games and results??
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #36: Jan 27, 2021 03:50:57 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

We need this so much, hoping to restart our season.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #37: Jan 27, 2021 04:01:55 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

We need this so much, hoping to restart our season.

Id just swith Hendo and Fab....reason is twofold...can Fab give us that spark in midfield andvallow Thiago dictste further upnthe pitch plus I think Hendo can give us those raking balls out of defence which we lack without Virg
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #38: Jan 27, 2021 04:02:22 pm
      I think it is kind of strange that we're favourites for this game considering our form, but hopefully the bookies have got it right 😄
      I can't see past a draw myself, but It would send a message if we got a good win. Mane is due another goal, fingers crossed for a vital 3 points.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #39: Jan 27, 2021 04:26:54 pm
      I think it is kind of strange that we're favourites for this game considering our form, but hopefully the bookies have got it right 😄
      I can't see past a draw myself, but It would send a message if we got a good win. Mane is due another goal, fingers crossed for a vital 3 points.

I can’t take another draw, would rather lose with a bit of fighting spirit (high scoring game) than another 0-0 / 1-1
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40: Jan 27, 2021 05:27:57 pm
      Id just swith Hendo and Fab....reason is twofold...can Fab give us that spark in midfield andvallow Thiago dictste further upnthe pitch plus I think Hendo can give us those raking balls out of defence which we lack without Virg

I can see your thinking but against Son and Kane we need as strong a defence as possible and with Thiago and Shaq in midfield it should be plenty of creativity anyway.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #41: Jan 27, 2021 05:55:56 pm
      I would rather we play Hendo \ Gini \ Fab in midfield and Matip \ Phillips at the back

Just focus on what won us the league by 18 F***ing points.

rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #42: Jan 27, 2021 06:15:18 pm
      I would rather we play Hendo \ Gini \ Fab in midfield and Matip \ Phillips at the back

Just focus on what won us the league by 18 f**king points.

Not sure Phillips contributed to winning the league or maybe you refer to our strong defence which again would not contain Philips I am afraid Fab is at CB for the long haul
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #43: Jan 27, 2021 06:18:30 pm
      Not sure Phillips contributed to winning the league or maybe you refer to our strong defence which again would not contain Philips I am afraid Fab is at CB for the long haul

To be fair to the lad Im sure he was making the point of getting our main trio in midfield from the last 2 seasons
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44: Jan 27, 2021 06:22:27 pm
      To be fair to the lad Im sure he was making the point of getting our main trio in midfield from the last 2 seasons

It would be suicidal to play Nat or Rhys against Son and Kane, in any case Nat is clearly behind Rhys at the moment although I have no idea why.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #45: Jan 27, 2021 06:24:19 pm
      Yes I was making the point that rather than us worrying about the opposition with using our best players who drive us on and protect the defence Fab / hendo - let’s get on the front foot

3 points out of 15 surely warrants a little thinking on what needs to change
      It goes without saying that Jürgen is the best manager we have had in years so I am sure he will get it right he usually does

Quick Reply