Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool: Premier League (Thu 28th Jan 8pm)

Read 7193 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Re: Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool: Premier League (Thu 28th Jan 8pm)
      Reply #46: Jan 27, 2021 06:54:21 pm
      Yes I was making the point that rather than us worrying about the opposition with using our best players who drive us on and protect the defence Fab / hendo - let’s get on the front foot

3 points out of 15 surely warrants a little thinking on what needs to change
      It goes without saying that Jürgen is the best manager we have had in years so I am sure he will get it right he usually does

Sorry misread that my bad
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Jan 27, 2021 09:28:30 pm
      Id just swith Hendo and Fab....reason is twofold...can Fab give us that spark in midfield andvallow Thiago dictste further upnthe pitch plus I think Hendo can give us those raking balls out of defence which we lack without Virg

Would swap Hendo for Thiago, getting Thiago farther forward.

I expect Gini to be in the team as well, not Shaq.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #48: Jan 27, 2021 09:49:30 pm
      I fancy us to win this. If matip is fit anyway.
      Not an easy place to go. But looking at the league table we can’t start to lose ground on 4th place.

LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #49: Jan 27, 2021 10:11:19 pm
      Results gone our way tonight, Utd 1 Sheff Utd 2,
      Everton 1 Leicester 1 FT
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #50: Jan 27, 2021 10:12:15 pm
      Chance to make up some ground tomorrow but still think a point isn't too bad.

Games like tomorrow aren't the ones that will define our season. Saying it's a must win is a bit over the top for me.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #51: Jan 27, 2021 10:18:41 pm

Games like tomorrow aren't the ones that will define our season. Saying it's a must win is a bit over the top for me.
      True mate,personally think we need to string a few 3 pointers together on the spin  though to get a bit of confidence back.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #52: Jan 27, 2021 10:40:40 pm
      A reminder to the players from a certain Mr. Shankly, on the pressures of being a footballer at such a famous club with high expectations:

“Pressure is working down the pit. Pressure is having no work at all. Pressure is trying to escape relegation on 50 shillings a week. Pressure is not the European Cup or the Championship or the Cup Final. That’s the reward.”

Relax and play with some joy, boys.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #53: Jan 27, 2021 10:52:21 pm
      Results gone our way tonight, Utd 1 Sheff Utd 2,
      Everton 1 Leicester 1 FT

And Villa v Burnley.

Just gotta beat spuds now
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #54: Jan 28, 2021 10:57:55 am
      A draw tonight although acceptable but not ideal. A win against Spurs, would certainly be the perfect start to kick starting the second half of the  season, with plenty of points to play for, over the few months.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #55: Jan 28, 2021 11:30:54 am
      A draw tonight although acceptable but not ideal. A win against Spurs, would certainly be the perfect start to kick starting the second half of the  season, with plenty of points to play for, over the few months.

Have to go all out for the win and need Alison, Matip and Fabinho to have the game of their lives
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #56: Jan 28, 2021 11:34:46 am
      I saw a big improvement in our overall game on Sunday despite getting beat.
      Better movement and more chances created.

I just fear for our right side of defence and Son won't take any prisoners tonight just like Rashford didn't on Sunday.
      Trent is getting exposed week after week at the moment so he needs to be aware of where Son is on that left wing otherwise he'll punish us, like he did at Anfield a couple of months ago.

Last thing I want is Jose grinning at the end after picking up the 3 points..

Always a tight one to predict against the spuds but I reckon we can sneak it 2-1
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #57: Jan 28, 2021 12:03:01 pm
      I think moving from Melwood and being with Nike has combined to jinx us this season
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #58: Jan 28, 2021 12:16:19 pm
      As said earlier, a draw wouldn’t be too bad, a win would be great, but with our inexperienced cb’s and midfielders out of position, we’ve just gotta hope for the best.
      Taking advantage of last nights results would be a huge statement.
      Plus it’s always a joy to beat spuds, even more so now, with Jose at the helm !
      A bit nervous now, but can’t wait for KO.
      1:0 Mo. 2:0 Bobby 2:1 Kane
      Come on you red men !
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #59: Jan 28, 2021 12:20:59 pm

7 points behind an in form city,6 behind utd and playing the team that's competing with us for top 4/league,it's a must win.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #60: Jan 28, 2021 12:53:07 pm
      Saying it's a must win is a bit over the top for me.

Let me introduce you to our forum, you must be new here....all people seem to post is over the top BS ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #61: Jan 28, 2021 01:00:29 pm
      Let me introduce you to our forum, you must be new here....all people seem to post is over the top BS ;D

Wouldn't go as far as saying it's a "must win" in the literal sense but in terms of the title race it's massively important. Don't even think the most eternally optimistic of us on here (and I'd say I was one of them) would be filled with confidence for the title if we were beaten tonight and City went 10 points clear of us on Saturday
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #62: Jan 28, 2021 01:04:47 pm
      A reminder to the players from a certain Mr. Shankly, on the pressures of being a footballer at such a famous club with high expectations:

“Pressure is working down the pit. Pressure is having no work at all. Pressure is trying to escape relegation on 50 shillings a week. Pressure is not the European Cup or the Championship or the Cup Final. That’s the reward.”

Relax and play with some joy, boys.

Pressure is a family all banged up together in a rabbit hutch with no money coming in ...during a global pandemic without end.
      Don't keep looking up at others you think are better off than you.
      Look down.
      There many more worse off than you.

Count your blessings and remember what you can and cannot control.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #63: Jan 28, 2021 02:03:54 pm

Let me introduce you to the unofficial guardian of the forum, the one who bans any negative speech who has some rose tinted glasses welded to his face.

In my opinion this is a "must not lose" match, more than a must-win, but a victory here would give us back that spark we've lost in recent games and I fully believe we will win tonight.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #64: Jan 28, 2021 02:13:21 pm
      It's not a must win but it is a 'must win' if that makes sense. ;D
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #65: Jan 28, 2021 02:17:18 pm
      No Fabinho in the training pics from Leyton Orient. Worrying to say the least.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #66: Jan 28, 2021 02:44:46 pm

He might have just nipped out for a crap when the pics were taken
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #67: Jan 28, 2021 02:45:49 pm
      In my opinion this is a "must not lose" match, more than a must-win, but a victory here would give us back that spark we've lost in recent games and I fully believe we will win tonight.

Have to disagree with you there, I think a win tonight is far more important than simply avoiding defeat. I don't think I'd be much happier with a draw than I would be a defeat - unless we put in a remarkable performance. Draw the game and we still wouldn't have won a league match for over a month and City could very well extend the gap to 9 points on Saturday. Winning tonight is paramount
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #68: Jan 28, 2021 02:46:20 pm

F**k sake, rumours of injuries this season tend to be F***ing true

Quick Reply