Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool: Premier League (Thu 28th Jan 8pm)

Read 7186 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool: Premier League (Thu 28th Jan 8pm)
      Reply #69: Jan 28, 2021 02:53:16 pm
      F**k sake, rumours of injuries this season tend to be f**king true

there is no rumour, hes not in a few pics, as I say he could be in the shi**er, he could be in getting a rub, he could be in doing 1 to 1 video analysis on Kane or Son
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #70: Jan 28, 2021 03:06:15 pm
      It's not a must win but it is a 'must win' if that makes sense. ;D

I think your confused but not confused Si, does that make any sense  ;)  ;D

Y  N  W  A
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #71: Jan 28, 2021 03:17:09 pm

I think your confused but not confused Si, does that make any sense  ;)  ;D

Y  N  W  A

So its a must not draw  :f_doh:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #72: Jan 28, 2021 03:29:40 pm
      Id just swith Hendo and Fab....reason is twofold...can Fab give us that spark in midfield andvallow Thiago dictste further upnthe pitch plus I think Hendo can give us those raking balls out of defence which we lack without Virg

Fabinho is better than Henderson to cope with Son and Kane. He's been on fire.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #73: Jan 28, 2021 03:32:55 pm
      I don’t see this as a MUST win in terms of our title retaining chances, but it is a must win in terms of our confidence and momentum going forward, I think that’s what Si was alluding to in his post, correct me if I’m wrong Si.

The way I see it is I think Jürgen will try a different approach to what we have been seeing of late, I think he will play a midfield trio of Hendo, Fabinho & Thiago, Matip as CB obviously and Phillips next to him, we need Trent in his customary role but as some say Son could piss all over him considering his form, this is where Hendo comes in, he’ll protect Trent and obviously get in a Son’s way,  Fabinho back in at DM will protect Phillips so in essence Fab & Hendo between them defend the back four the whole width of the pitch, & gives license for Trent & Robbo to bomb forward and link up with Thiago, all then squeeze the space almost to the half way line & beyond, linking up with the front three, play with a high press, high tempo,

Maureen prefers to defend rather than attack, especially against top six opponents, he opts for the opposite against sides who don’t have the same threat as we or City do,

I’m confident, I reckon we will win this, not easily that would be foolhardy but, we seen signs V MUtants we can mount attacks with attempts on goal rather than the side to side going nowhere borefest.

1-3 Champions

Y  N  W  A

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #74: Jan 28, 2021 04:14:02 pm
      Hope I'm wrong but our fixtures over the next few weeks look a lot more daunting than I thought they would be back in August.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #75: Jan 28, 2021 04:39:31 pm
                                                        Gini

Hendo                     Thiago

That midfield would make me a lot more confident of a win.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #76: Jan 28, 2021 04:50:00 pm
      Pressure is a family all banged up together in a rabbit hutch with no money coming in ...during a global pandemic without end.
      Don't keep looking up at others you think are better off than you.
      Look down.
      There many more worse off than you.

Count your blessings and remember what you can and cannot control.

Yep. Agree with all except one item here:

The pandemic is coming to an end. Cases and hospitalizations are down and as more and more get vaccinated each week, we have a good chance to be back to normal re lockdowns, schools and work, by the end of the summer. It won't last forever. Take heart!
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #77: Jan 28, 2021 05:09:40 pm
      See Jose Boreinho is mouthing off about Klopp showing passion on the touchline again. How can he even compare? He is one moaning tw*t and makes it very hard to like him, unlike Klopp who is just passionate and kicks and heads every ball with the players like a supporter. Pleeeeeeeease win Liverpool pleeeeeeeease.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #78: Jan 28, 2021 05:11:59 pm
      60% of my pals are spurs fans - please just win
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #79: Jan 28, 2021 05:50:19 pm

You need to change your pals then my friend, 60% is an unhealthy quota.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #80: Jan 28, 2021 06:12:33 pm
      Feel quite confident about the match tonight , we did play better last time out and I believe we can do this ,hopefully Matip and Fabinho in defence , Thiago to play further forward , just don't want Origi to come on as a sub
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #81: Jan 28, 2021 06:13:02 pm
      Won't get many games where going into it 3 of the teams above us have dropped points. With west ham away next and where they are in the league that game as well as tonights are must win games in my view. Yes we want to win every game ... but 6 points from the next 2 will gain us a foothold going into the games after that against utd city everton and leicester which would then be a chance to at least get back upto 2nd and focus on catching city.

Don't get the results against spurs and wesh ham and we will be cut adrift having a scrap just to get in the top 4.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #82: Jan 28, 2021 06:21:32 pm
      Hope I'm wrong but our fixtures over the next few weeks look a lot more daunting than I thought they would be back in August.

Thought the same last week when I looked and still do.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #83: Jan 28, 2021 06:26:24 pm
      Away win tonight I think. Going for 1-3 and my money is for each the front 3 to score. Hoping Mané is going to come back to life with a bang tonight...
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #84: Jan 28, 2021 06:27:50 pm
      You’ll be able to take the piss outa them after the final whistle then mate cos as they say ‘ the more the merrier’
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #85: Jan 28, 2021 06:36:03 pm

The pandemic is coming to an end. Cases and hospitalizations are down and as more and more get vaccinated each week, we have a good chance to be back to normal re lockdowns, schools and work, by the end of the summer. It won't last forever. Take heart!

;D. Happening no time soon...

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #86: Jan 28, 2021 06:46:38 pm

Noble idea, but that's not how politicians work. Summer 2022, if that.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #87: Jan 28, 2021 06:48:24 pm
      It's a must-win in that it's against Spurs and you want to beat them every f**king time, but no, it's not a must win and we won't be relegated if we don't win.

That said, some of the whiny bitches on here deserve an alternate world where Liverpool did go into administration and is toiling in the lower leagues of English football, then the rest of us could enjoy the most successful team in the world the past couple of years.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #88: Jan 28, 2021 06:53:24 pm
      Fab out
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #89: Jan 28, 2021 06:55:32 pm
      Good grief can’t we get through one damn week without an injury
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #90: Jan 28, 2021 06:56:10 pm
      Come on red men let's do this tonight  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: wipe that smug look off maureens face.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #91: Jan 28, 2021 06:57:15 pm
      Milner in midfield

Quick Reply