Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      23 (24.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (4.3%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (3.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      9 (9.6%)
      James Milner
      10 (10.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      17 (18.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      26 (27.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Feb 01, 2021 09:55:57 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20493 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Jan 28, 2021 11:24:53 pm
      Amazing how much better the mood is following a performance like that. The result is important of course, but this match we looked so much more like ourselves.

I went with Bobby as MOTM because more than anyone, he reminded me of how he played when we at our best. Sadio a close 2nd, he was so active, even when some of the chances in the 1st half didn't come off. Mo somewhat behind them but still dangerous and unfairly denied a goal.

A number of other strong performances in a deserved win. Special mention for James Milner who was our heart and soul out there.

Good night to all of the real supporters. Here's hoping we can continue in this direction against a good team on Sunday.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #622: Jan 29, 2021 12:23:46 am
      How good does it feel to get a win! Can actually watch SSN, come in here and follow the sport news again at last, have been botcotting the lot! There were some green shots at toilet on Sunday that we were getting going offensively and tonight we were excellent from start to finish and especially in the 2nd half. The front 3 all looked sharp, all three midfielders were excellent (i gave my motm to Milner because he was feckin everywhere!) and Trent had his best game of the season.

We've got 3 tough games coming up against top 5 opponents but id rather play them than the bottom scrapers.

Loved the gameplan, stop crossing the ball, be patient, get the ball into people's feet in and around the box and trust our skill players to make things happen again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #623: Jan 29, 2021 01:36:35 am
      F***ing hell we won, we scored for the first time in 2021 in the League.

Never thought that would happen a month ago!

So fkn happy we won and I can look at Social media after a game, again!!!

Come on Boys, this is the start of it, let's go on a massive winning run!!!

P.S Gutted for Mo, what a goal that was!!!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #624: Jan 29, 2021 03:35:11 am
      F***ing get in there. That was a much needed and a very much welcomed three points. We were under huge pressure to get the win there tonight and the boys delivered.

Iā€™ll be honest, going into the game I wasnā€™t very confident. We all know how good we are when weā€™re on it but with our current form and mourinho being the master of ruining games of football then I really feared a frustrating night for us. The line up didnā€™t do much in changing my mind either when I saw we were missing Fabinho.

So the game starts and even though mane had a great chance to put us 1 nil up, I thought the first ten minutes we were very shaky and nervous. Son was causing all kind of problems and he scored a perfectly good goal that was luckily disallowed. I honestly hate those decisions whether they go for you or against you. When it takes VAR a good minute or two to make the decision then heā€™s clearly on side. All this his drawing lines and seeing if their finger nail or armpit was offside is just nonsense and itā€™s ruining the game.

That woke us up though and we completely dominated and controlled the rest of the match. I know itā€™s cliche but it was a real champions-like performance. We showed our experience, quality and that weā€™re miles better than them. We completely bossed them off the pitch and it was men against boys.

Our three goals were all taken exceptionally well and we had one ruled out too that also should have stood. Yes bobby handled the ball but it wasnā€™t deliberate in my opinion and I donā€™t think it particularly gave him an advantage when controlling the ball. Dier was all over him man handling him too. So that cancelled out sons goal.

It was just one of those games where everybody played well. A real team performance. But there are a few mentions Iā€™d like to make.

Firstly to Trent and Bobby who I thought both looked back to their best. Very refreshing because both have been poor recently. Trent defended well, took his goal well and his delivery was back to normal. Bobby was everywhere tonight though and his link up play and off the ball work was superb.

I gave motm to mane though. I thought he caused their right hand side all kinds of problems and was a menace all game. Made an assist and got on the score sheet plus it was his shot that forced lloris to make a save for trents goal. My only criticism was he should have scored one or two more!

One last thing. Thiago. My god that lad can play. Before the game I saw a thread on social media of supposed reds criticising him. Honest to god Iā€™ve no idea what they watch or whether they actually understand football because heā€™s head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. Heā€™s got a great football brain to go with his ability and Iā€™d love to see his stats tonight because I donā€™t remember him giving the ball away once. Itā€™s things like how he always makes himself available to receive the ball and his decision making when heā€™s in possession that separates him from the rest and maybe thatā€™s what people canā€™t see or donā€™t understand. The only minor annoyance I have with him is he needs to stay on his feet more instead of going to ground in tackles. He picked up a daft yellow tonight but Iā€™ve noticed he does that quite often.

Anyway, great F***ing win. You best be shitting yourselves you manc cu*ts because were coming for you.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #625: Jan 29, 2021 07:04:06 am
      Klopp's comments after the game. It's more than just "bring someone in, ANYONE" but people rush to their xbox and buy Koulibaly and Upamecano and think it should be that easy.

"If you have a center-half available who is a reasonable price, and who is of the quality we need, send me a message and I will go for it. It's not about [just signing a player]," Klopp said of possibly signing reinforcements ahead of the winter transfer deadline.

"It's about doing the right stuff, we can't just bring a body in, that doesn't help. Bodies, we have -- we have good kids, Nate [Phillips] did exceptionally well, Rhys [Williams] has done well when he's played."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur/story/4301242/spurs-kaneliverpools-matip-suffer-ankle-injuries-in-reds-win

Keep saying this over & over, We Will Not Sign any Player This Window, Not Kylian Mbappe, Not Upamenacho, Not Jamie Carragher, Not Phil Thompson, or Alan Hansen, Not Anyone.....and least of all Any New CB, there is no point....WHY...Because the type of Quality Centre Back that JĆ¼rgen will want is simply Not available, thereā€™s absolutely no point just bringing in anyone, none whatsoever, that would be futile, signing a ā€˜fill inā€™ CB is not how it works, we already have two of them in Rhys & Nat,

Itā€™s not about FSG being stingy bas**rds, or there are no funds available for new faces, itā€™s about signing players who fit into a system that suits the parameters JĆ¼rgen wants, thatā€™s Micheal Edwards job, to find the players suitable to fit the criteria both in fitness, adaptability, longevity, and quality,  itā€™s that simple, signing just anyone for the sake of it is detrimental to how things work, what happens to this ā€˜fill inā€™ player once Virgil, Joe & Joel comes back in, Nat & Rhys are our back upā€™s, Nat was said to be surplus, on his way out, we do not need another who will be in a similar situation.

Y  N  W  A

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #626: Jan 29, 2021 07:07:41 am
      Yes Indeedy !

Went with Bobby MOTM.

(This was our player that a f*ckwit forum member suggested three days ago that he's sh*te and should go)

Kick On now lads.

Bobby plays one of his best games, Liverpool play one of their best games. Coincidence?

Agreed Rushie mate.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2021 07:19:22 am by MIRO »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #627: Jan 29, 2021 07:24:32 am
      Yes Indeedy !

Went with Bobby MOTM.

(This was our player that a forum member suggested three days ago that he's sh*te and should go)

Kick On now lads.

Agreed Rushie mate.

I know it wonā€™t happen Skip but maybe a name & shame topic should be open, embarrass those who come out with silly statements and knee jerky reactions, there has been plenty of those the last few weeks, a kind of find the plastic fan thread ?

How you doing mate ?

Y  N  W  A

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #628: Jan 29, 2021 07:26:52 am

Keep the faith reds! For it will always be tested.

The boys were immense. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #629: Jan 29, 2021 07:55:34 am

Anyway, great f**king win. You best be shitting yourselves you manc cu*ts because were coming for you.

I take it you're talking about City.  :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #630: Jan 29, 2021 08:37:38 am

I know it wonā€™t happen Skip but maybe a name & shame topic should be open, embarrass those who come out with silly statements and knee jerky reactions, there has been plenty of those the last few weeks, a kind of find the plastic fan thread ?

How you doing mate ?

Y  N  W  A

What a nasty post!

Yes all the players played superbly last night but you cannot deny that Bobby and Trent in particular are coming off the back of a series of sh*t performances for us, ones where they should have been dropped from the team. 

Anyway f**k dwelling on the recent past, they were all great last night and lets take that form into the game against West Ham, really build up a head of steam.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #631: Jan 29, 2021 08:40:31 am
      Did I watch a different game to those saying spurs didnt play 10 behind the ball??

All they had was 10 behind the ball and hitting ball over our high line for Son to sprint onto
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #632: Jan 29, 2021 09:05:23 am
      Just watched it back.... Iā€™ve absolutely no idea how Matip got injured. He looks absolutely fine. Plays a pass about 10 seconds before we score... trots off at half time.... I really wouldnā€™t put it past him to fall over in the tunnel
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #633: Jan 29, 2021 09:11:39 am
      Just watched it back.... Iā€™ve absolutely no idea how Matip got injured. He looks absolutely fine. Plays a pass about 10 seconds before we score... trots off at half time.... I really wouldnā€™t put it past him to fall over in the tunnel

That slope at the side of the pitch maybe?

I was the same last night, bar one great tackle where he turns away with the ball taking it off the forward but he played on no bother after that for 15 or 20 mins
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #634: Jan 29, 2021 09:15:31 am
      Where the hell did Matip pick up a major injury?! Did he fall over in the tunnel or something? Just read heā€™s had 6 injuries this season.... needs putting down that lad

Someone gave Matip a new 5 year contract on around Ā£125k a week in 2019 so he won't be going anywhere.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #635: Jan 29, 2021 09:22:10 am
      Maybe we should add JK, played a blinder........again

We are so lucky to have JĆ¼rgen,he's by far the best manager in the world,to be where we are with the injuries we've had,VAR decisions and the lack of support from the board/owners is remarkable.If FSG don't buy at least one CB then the minority on the forum that are still supporting them not backing JĆ¼rgen will diminish.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #636: Jan 29, 2021 09:25:11 am

How you doing mate ?

Y  N  W  A

Come on Billy how old are you ? Naming and shaming it's a forum for gods sake I have been critical of Bobby's performances and others and stand by them and when he shines as he did last night then he is given praise.  Individuals know when said things out of frustration if posters wind you up that much ignore them simple . Have you never said anything you regret or was knee jerky ?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #637: Jan 29, 2021 09:35:40 am

Keep saying this over & over, We Will Not Sign any Player This Window, Not Kylian Mbappe, Not Upamenacho, Not Jamie Carragher, Not Phil Thompson, or Alan Hansen, Not Anyone.....and least of all Any New CB, there is no point....WHY...Because the type of Quality Centre Back that JĆ¼rgen will want is simply Not available, thereā€™s absolutely no point just bringing in anyone, none whatsoever, that would be futile, signing a ā€˜fill inā€™ CB is not how it works, we already have two of them in Rhys & Nat,

Itā€™s not about FSG being stingy bas**rds, or there are no funds available for new faces, itā€™s about signing players who fit into a system that suits the parameters JĆ¼rgen wants, thatā€™s Micheal Edwards job, to find the players suitable to fit the criteria both in fitness, adaptability, longevity, and quality,  itā€™s that simple, signing just anyone for the sake of it is detrimental to how things work, what happens to this ā€˜fill inā€™ player once Virgil, Joe & Joel comes back in, Nat & Rhys are our back upā€™s, Nat was said to be surplus, on his way out, we do not need another who will be in a similar situation.

Y  N  W  A

CT_LFC will not take your views on board,I've been saying the same for nearly a month and he comes back with offensive comments.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #638: Jan 29, 2021 09:47:51 am
      Think last night showed that we are going though a bit of a Jeckyll & Hyde phase. We've had so many players seemingly out of form for a while and last night it just seemed to click again.

It's hard to believe that so many players could have been below par together or is it if one part of the team is having an off day it upsets the rhythm?

Last night was a joy to watch, so many great performances and made a good spurs team look ordinary.

Hopefully more of the same against the hammers.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #639: Jan 29, 2021 09:54:44 am
      We played very well, lots of intensity and with a good killing purpose.

MOTM was Mane, however Firmino and Trent were back to their best too.

We just need some luck at the back.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #640: Jan 29, 2021 10:43:17 am
      Did I watch a different game to those saying spurs didnt play 10 behind the ball??

All they had was 10 behind the ball and hitting ball over our high line for Son to sprint onto

They tried to come out, they tried to play football, and the even managed it a few times, but for the most part they played the usual mourinho shithouse tactics.

Remember the last few games and Klopp; "The solutions are found on the training pitch."
      Well, it looks like we're finding them.
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #641: Jan 29, 2021 11:20:48 am
      It was an excellent win and well deserved, we just hope the team can repeat the same performance against West Ham with a little bit faster build-up in our play. We need the three points at all costs.

I thought Milner was outstanding taking into consideration his age. As for Matip who had an excellent first half, but his fitness over the past three years is worrying, he is becoming a sick-note, therefore, we need a quick replacement, I have heard from my Arsenal friend that Arsenal has offered to loan their Greek CB to LFC, but LFC has refused the offer!!

Good Luck Lads
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #642: Jan 29, 2021 11:50:38 am

Y  N  W  A

I think come the end of the season you will see how much we needed a CB
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #643: Jan 29, 2021 11:58:17 am

I think come the end of the season you will see how much we needed a CB

And if come the end of the season when we are battling for the CL or league we you show the humility to say ā€œI was wrongā€ and those people who run our club ā€œknow more about the situation than I doā€

Quick Reply