Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      23 (24.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (4.3%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (3.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      9 (9.6%)
      James Milner
      10 (10.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      17 (18.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      26 (27.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Feb 01, 2021 09:55:57 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20479 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Jan 29, 2021 12:05:23 pm
      With our front three starting to click, there is every chance that we can outscore the opposition, despite absentees in defence through injury. There is no doubt Mane, Mo Salah & Bobby are back on fire !!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #645: Jan 29, 2021 12:13:49 pm
      Come on Billy how old are you ? Naming and shaming it's a forum for gods sake I have been critical of Bobby's performances and others and stand by them and when he shines as he did last night then he is given praise.  Individuals know when said things out of frustration if posters wind you up that much ignore them simple . Have you never said anything you regret or was knee jerky ?

Know what your saying mate perhaps you are right, I’m just fed up with all negative sh*t that’s been prominent last few weeks, we are after all Supporters and supporters are supposed to support through the good times  and the bad times, well, forgive me, I haven’t seen the support we need from those who give up winning the season at the half way point.

Oh and yes, I have posted lots I have regretted, but my support is never in question!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #646: Jan 29, 2021 12:28:36 pm

Know what your saying mate perhaps you are right, I’m just fed up with all negative sh*t that’s been prominent last few weeks, we are after all Supporters and supporters are supposed to support through the good times  and the bad times, well, forgive me, I haven’t seen the support we need from those who give up winning the season at the half way point.

Oh and yes, I have posted lots I have regretted, but my support is never in question!

Fair enough and I get you there has been some very odd posts and throwing the towel in  not sure why that is and never doubted your support just as others support
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #647: Jan 29, 2021 12:40:42 pm
      What a performance. And the team did not look like one suffering confidence after a poor run of results.

What I observed in the past few weeks is that even though the results haven't been great, we were still creating clear cut chances per game. Movement from Mane and Salah was still there. Possession domination was still there.

So, I never questioned the quality of the team or the belief /commitment / work rate.

Essentially we were suffering from a perfect storm of multiple long /short term injuries throughout the season to key 1st 11 players. I don't think any other team in the PL comes even close to how many different CB / Midfield combinations we had to go through to keep things going. We were getting through it because of our quality, but eventually it caught us up in Jan. Simple as that.

Add to it a dip in form to full backs and front 3 all together at same time in Jan - essentially our scoring engines all  flatting out together, you have the perfect storm.

To be 4 points off the top still is unbelievable achievement if you ask me.

Last night, even half of those problems being oversome showed to me how superior we still are. When people start coming back, we will be the best again.

Absolutely brilliant performance and a brilliant win, throroughly well deserved. And so sweet to stick it to Moaninho once again...
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #648: Jan 29, 2021 12:46:02 pm
      I take it you're talking about City.  :D

Of course I’m on about City.

We were never worried about your lot  ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #649: Jan 29, 2021 12:52:26 pm
      What a performance. And the team did not look like one suffering confidence after a poor run of results.

What I observed in the past few weeks is that even though the results haven't been great, we were still creating clear cut chances per game. Movement from Mane and Salah was still there. Possession domination was still there.

So, I never questioned the quality of the team or the belief /commitment / work rate.

Essentially we were suffering from a perfect storm of multiple long /short term injuries throughout the season to key 1st 11 players. I don't think any other team in the PL comes even close to how many different CB / Midfield combinations we had to go through to keep things going. We were getting through it because of our quality, but eventually it caught us up in Jan. Simple as that.

Add to it a dip in form to full backs and front 3 all together at same time in Jan - essentially our scoring engines all  flatting out together, you have the perfect storm.

To be 4 points off the top still is unbelievable achievement if you ask me.

Last night, even half of those problems being oversome showed to me how superior we still are. When people start coming back, we will be the best again.

Absolutely brilliant performance and a brilliant win, throroughly well deserved. And so sweet to stick it to Moaninho once again...

Sometimes a team like this just needs to be reminded how good they actually are, and IMO Klopp's the best there is at that.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #650: Jan 29, 2021 01:11:43 pm
      Kane apparently out for "a few weeks" with injuries to both ankles and the 2nd one being the more serious. Hope that's the one he got when he collided with Hendo, that c**t.

Seriously they rush him back every time, when will they learn. He's going to be fu**ed at 28 like Van Basten who can literally not walk now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #651: Jan 29, 2021 02:01:59 pm
      Of course I’m on about City.

We were never worried about your lot  ;)

Hmmm, I could name quite a few who was.  :lmao:
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #652: Jan 29, 2021 02:21:34 pm
      Great performance all round and a pleasure to watch my team ebbing and flowing their way through the game.
      It feels like months since I enjoyed watching us but I'm putting that all behind me now after last night.

I'm just amazed how Tottenham parked their own bus on their own ground, especially second half once prince Harry went off with glass ankles. The lad Son never got a touch second half yet he was a real threat early on in the game.

Can't quite get my head around what Jürgen see's in Origi and what he expects him to do when he comes on.
      As in the Man U game on Sunday he came on around the 80th minute and I don't think he actually touched the ball !!!

Much better performances from Trent and Mane which was vital to our win.

Lets hammer the hammers on Sunday !!

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #653: Jan 29, 2021 03:43:34 pm
      Missed the game unfortunately but great to see the result, haven’t really read up about the match yet but don’t really care, just glad to see is amongst the goals and back to winning ways. Great stuff
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #654: Jan 29, 2021 03:55:03 pm
      Nice to be able to re-watch a few goals the day after a game :)
      Hopefully we can keep it going against WH.
      Spuds defending wasn't great, but the front 3 look like they're getting a bit of swagger back. TAA too.
      Just great to see us looking a bit more like ourselves again.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #655: Jan 29, 2021 04:20:35 pm
      Great to see a win and a dominant performance all round just please sort the CB position out even if it's only temporary
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #656: Jan 29, 2021 04:30:18 pm
      Nat did well I thought. Dont want to see him overlooked ahead of Williams if the need arises.

Proper blokes at the back is what we need.

Even bollicking Hendo for getting too close to him during one spurs attack. Marvellous stuff. Literally thought we controlled the game, but once that first goal came there was only going to be one winner. Need the same type of performance against the next set of cockney gobshites at the weekend and then Brighton next wednesday. Start putting some wins together and watch the rest of the country brick it!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #657: Jan 29, 2021 04:34:01 pm
      For the sake of bringing in a CB? Would u take Carragher back?

Hard job seeing as he's retired unless you're on about his son from the Academy!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #658: Jan 29, 2021 11:38:39 pm
      That slope at the side of the pitch maybe?

I was the same last night, bar one great tackle where he turns away with the ball taking it off the forward but he played on no bother after that for 15 or 20 mins

Was thinking that last night too? What the F**k is up with that slope? That's really steep. Honestly, a player could tear a calf muscle trying to get back up it after picking the ball up from the gutter on the sideline. Ridiculous.

I keep thinking he did it on his way back down to the tunnel, because I saw no incident whatsoever that lead to it. F**k sake!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #659: Jan 29, 2021 11:59:37 pm
      Quote from JD
      Had those VAR decision go against us.

They are ridiculous if they need that level of analysis.  Should have been a goal for them.

No it shouldn't. It was shown to be offside and even though it took a minute or two, he was caught. That deals with that.

When these incidents happen though, I usually switch over to our station's audio commentary, rather than watch the opposition celebrating. It's astonishing really how clueless our match commentator is when it comes to dealing with VAR incidents. I know he's watching the "live" coverage on a delay, but he just hasn't a clue what's going on. So he starts inventing things and rehashing the usual conspiracies about VAR, not actually watching what the ref is doing. So much so that his co commentator for away games, (in this case Whelan) often has to tell him what the final decision is before he announces it to everyone else.

Quote from billythered
      It’s not about FSG being stingy bas**rds, or there are no funds available for new faces, it’s about signing players who fit into a system that suits the parameters Jürgen wants, that’s Micheal Edwards job, to find the players suitable to fit the criteria both in fitness, adaptability, longevity, and quality,  it’s that simple, signing just anyone for the sake of it is detrimental to how things work, what happens to this ‘fill in’ player once Virgil, Joe & Joel comes back in, Nat & Rhys are our back up’s, Nat was said to be surplus, on his way out, we do not need another who will be in a similar situation.                    Y  N  W  A

Once VVD and the rest return, the stopgap goes back where he came from. Last year, the mancs got Ighalo in. 12 months later, his stint there is over and he has gone back to China.

We really are struggling for bodies now. We're now left with Phillips, Williams, and Koumetio. City is next week, Leipzig the week after. We need someone in, just as cover if nothing else. He doesn't need to be VVD standard, just someone capable of standing up for 6 months at the back and kick the ball away from our own goal will do. Now, where's Conor Masterson when we need him? 

Quote from Robby The Z
      Amazing how much better the mood is following a performance like that. The result is important of course, but this match we looked so much more like ourselves.

I went with Bobby as MOTM because more than anyone, he reminded me of how he played when we at our best. Sadio a close 2nd, he was so active, even when some of the chances in the 1st half didn't come off. Mo somewhat behind them but still dangerous and unfairly denied a goal.

The decision was correct, so no complaints.

I don't think it was a great performance, at least in the first half, where we were lucky to catch an opponent offside early on, but long balls over the top and counter attacks had to be defended time and again.

Then we scored, the game changed and we took over from there. It's the first time we've had 6 straight wins against Spurs in the top division, and it would be 7 if we had VAR to overturn those penalties given against us in 2018. But better late than never.

For now, the bleeding has stopped, and the recovery has started. The World Champions are back in business.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #660: Jan 30, 2021 01:45:12 am

I know it won’t happen Skip but maybe a name & shame topic should be open, embarrass those who come out with silly statements and knee jerky reactions, there has been plenty of those the last few weeks, a kind of find the plastic fan thread ?

How you doing mate ?

Y  N  W  A

Yo Billy mate.

Been lot on and overdue for a pm and call.

Although I agree to a point about the naming and shaming it usually happens from a diverse membership all agreeing on a banal or basically stupid statement.
      The collective in its own right names and shames the WUMs with the troublemakers in the threads.

If it gets too heavy then I trust the mods to come in and intervene saying ....

(to quote Monty Python ...)

" He's been a very naughty boy !"

Quick Reply