Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sat 11th Dec @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D2 L8

The Good News Thread.

Read 342 times
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,462 posts | 2471 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      The Good News Thread.
      Jan 28, 2021 10:20:21 pm
      Just watched this and thought I'd share it, all though it's not actually news, it is good.

Started this tread to post the good news items, serious and daft, may last, but may not, we'll see.

I can only post a link, sorry, but I think what Lou Macari is doing is brilliant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p095d6p7

Homeless have pride in their pods'
      Lou Macari, whose played for Manchester United and Scotland has explained how he found a solution when he was forced to shut his homeless shelter because of Covid.

Macari, who set up the Macari Centre in 2016, was told by local authorities he needed to close the dormitory-style shelter because of the risk of Covid-19 spreading.

Speaking to 5 Live’s Stephen Nolan, the former footballer and manager said he wanted to keep everyone together and found a solution when he came across some camping pods in a field.

Macari added since the residents have moved into the pods, “They’re taking a great deal of pride in it”.

Footage credit: Tom Reece
      Footage copyright: Manchester United
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,608 posts | 5701 
      Re: The Good News Thread.
      Reply #1: Mar 09, 2021 09:41:18 am
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,462 posts | 2471 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: The Good News Thread.
      Reply #2: Mar 09, 2021 10:25:31 am

That's interesting, there just seems to be a little rise January 2021. I wonder how long the the Covid-19 social distancing effect will keep the numbers down for.

Quick Reply