Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WHU?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      21 (21.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (4.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.1%)
      James Milner
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (3.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      62 (63.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Feb 04, 2021 06:21:25 pm

West Ham United 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16101 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: West Ham United 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Jan 31, 2021 07:10:34 pm
      Fantastic performance, especially the 2nd half. When we play with pace, no one can touch us.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #530: Jan 31, 2021 07:14:15 pm
      Just seen the result, get in. Was a tough game on paper that, hopefully we’ve turned the corner now after our little blip and can go on a bit of a run. Brighton next!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Live: West Ham V Liverpool
      Reply #531: Jan 31, 2021 07:23:08 pm
      We needed some movement upfront and we got it with Jones.

What a victory. Keep it going.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #532: Jan 31, 2021 07:35:52 pm
      Phillips was superb against a team that played to his strengths - facing City is a lot different and you need your CBs to be more mobile
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #533: Jan 31, 2021 07:48:48 pm
      Nat Phillips and Ben Davies in CB, Trent and  Fabinho, Hendo and Thiago in Midfield, Mane, Firmino and Salah in attack? 
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #534: Jan 31, 2021 07:54:14 pm
      What other option is there? Don't forget we've got 3 top centre halves who just happen to be injured at the minute. We're not going to spend 30+ million on a centre half who could very well be 4th choice by the time next season comes around

hence that's why i said better than nothing!Upcamecano has a clause in his contract and is available for £37.5m in the summer,i watch some of the German games and he's quality and would fit into our team.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #535: Jan 31, 2021 07:57:37 pm
      Phillips was superb against a team that played to his strengths - facing City is a lot different and you need your CBs to be more mobile

Definitely,city play fast slick football mostly on the ground so i think Jürgen will play Fab and Hendo as the CB pairing.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #536: Jan 31, 2021 08:01:48 pm
      Emergency signing yes but loans are emergency signings must have a bit about him only £2m but when all CBs fit dont want him being discarded only reason he is 2m is due to contract issue so covers both really

It's a no lose situation for FSG,he's highly rated and is 2m because as you said his contract is up this summer,if he's not up to the level then they will get their 2m back selling him.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #537: Jan 31, 2021 08:03:33 pm
      Excellent substitutions to step up the pace, out playing West Ham. A couple of goals from Mo Salah and one from Wini, set up by Bobby, coming on late. All in all great result to put us back in the title race !
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #538: Jan 31, 2021 08:39:23 pm
      It's a no lose situation for FSG,he's highly rated and is 2m because as you said his contract is up this summer,if he's not up to the level then they will get their 2m back selling him.

Exactly right, at the moment he'd be extra cover as we've still got a lot of games to play. He could turn into a world beater? If not a Championship club would buy him back for £2m, more likely a lower Prem club and Edwards will make us a small profit.. I'm willing to give the lad a chance if it comes off tomorrow.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #539: Jan 31, 2021 08:40:29 pm
      That was great today. 2 excellent performances have brought 6 points. More like the old Liverpool today.

Shout out for Phillips and the captain. Both did great today.

And the goals .... all 3 out of this world. Well done redmen.

Hopefully keep it going against Brighton  ... Burnley take something off city giving us the chance to go above them next weekend.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #540: Jan 31, 2021 09:15:12 pm
      Flat out on work today so missed this one.

Looking forward to MOTD later.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #541: Jan 31, 2021 09:22:47 pm

This game told us a lot, namely, Origi really doesn’t have a place in this team and we are much better against teams that don’t just defend. I’ll at least hand it to West Ham, they attempted to play football and not just sit back looking for a point.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #542: Jan 31, 2021 09:27:35 pm
      Nat Phillips and Ben Davies in CB, Trent and  Fabinho, Hendo and Thiago in Midfield, Mane, Firmino and Salah in attack? 

Not a chance. Keep Nat and Hendo together, possible midfield 3 of Fab, Thiago and Gini for City. But see off Brighton first Wednesday night.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #543: Jan 31, 2021 09:28:39 pm
      This game told us a lot, namely, Origi really doesn’t have a place in this team and we are much better against teams that don’t just defend. I’ll at least hand it to West Ham, they attempted to play football and not just sit back looking for a point.

Not sure about that first half very Conservative apart from odd break and never really went for it in the second half their fans going mad for being so negative
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #544: Jan 31, 2021 09:30:05 pm
      Exactly right, at the moment he'd be extra cover as we've still got a lot of games to play. He could turn into a world beater? If not a Championship club would buy him back for £2m, more likely a lower Prem club and Edwards will make us a small profit.. I'm willing to give the lad a chance if it comes off tomorrow.

Jürgen and his staff will get another 12% out of him at least, his fitness levels will rise as will his confidence playing in a better side surrounded by players with more experience & qualities, it is obvious that at this moment in time he is above Nat & Rhys for experience and probably his own qualities, so it is indeed a no brainer and a clever bit of business to boot(pardon the pun),

We’re about to go into a particular busy period what with the return of the CL, so rotation will be vital, one week he’ll play alongside Hendo, then probably Fabinho, with Nat & Rhys coming in as well, it could also mean that we could have Fabinho or indeed Hendo back in their more familiar roles too, so the options are much better already, just hope the lad can adjust to the demands expected of him.

Y  N  W  A
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #545: Jan 31, 2021 09:35:26 pm
      Not sure about that first half very Conservative apart from odd break and never really went for it in the second half their fans going mad for being so negative

They were trying to press and they weren’t just falling back. I know we had 70% possession but they were running, chasing and trying to score when they did have the ball to my eyes there is a very different style of football to what we saw against Burnley for instance.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #546: Jan 31, 2021 09:46:46 pm
      They were trying to press and they weren’t just falling back. I know we had 70% possession but they were running, chasing and trying to score when they did have the ball to my eyes there is a very different style of football to what we saw against Burnley for instance.

Oh yes very different  from Burnley but they thought especially when the line up was announced we were there not for the taking but they would put us under pressure more I thought they were content to let us have it shows how much we are still feared even when not at full strength
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #547: Jan 31, 2021 10:07:33 pm
      Not a chance. Keep Nat and Hendo together, possible midfield 3 of Fab, Thiago and Gini for City. But see off Brighton first Wednesday night.

Agree. The only way i think we'd ever see a Nat/Rhys - Davies partnership starting a game is in cup games, both of which we're out. Each of Nat, Rhys and Davies will need an experienced player next to them, so i see Hendo staying there until Fab returns.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #548: Jan 31, 2021 10:09:05 pm

Hope they do a decent highlight package so, youll enjoy it pal
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #549: Jan 31, 2021 10:43:55 pm
      That 2nd goal is as good as if not better then the Terry Mac goal v Spurs in 78, in my opinion
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #550: Jan 31, 2021 10:44:10 pm
      Shaq and Salah seem to have a great understanding in lots of games. Love the combos
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #551: Jan 31, 2021 10:47:17 pm
      How many passes in the build up to our 3rd goal? We must have had the ball for 2 mins before putting it away

Quick Reply