Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WHU?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      21 (21.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (4.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.1%)
      James Milner
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (3.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      62 (63.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Feb 04, 2021 06:21:25 pm

West Ham United 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16103 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: West Ham United 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Jan 31, 2021 10:49:47 pm
      How many passes in the build up to our 3rd goal? We must have had the ball for 2 mins before putting it away

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #553: Jan 31, 2021 10:50:11 pm
      That was great today. 2 excellent performances have brought 6 points. More like the old Liverpool today.

Shout out for Phillips and the captain. Both did great today.

And the goals .... all 3 out of this world. Well done redmen.

Hopefully keep it going against Brighton  ... Burnley take something off city giving us the chance to go above them next weekend.

But but City are  allready champions we are in a battle for the top 4 only.. league was decided last week according to you and few others on here.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #554: Jan 31, 2021 10:57:33 pm

Thanks, did you count them!? Great team goal!

Just caught up with motd2!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #555: Jan 31, 2021 11:00:21 pm
      Thanks, did you count them!? Great team goal!

Just caught up with motd2!

Yes its a past time of mine count every pass before we score or lose the ball...

No match of the day mentioned it just as I was reading your post 😎
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #556: Jan 31, 2021 11:07:04 pm
      Great result today which wraps up a very successful week in the capital! 2 tricky opponents too... West Ham is usually a safe place, but looks like they have got their act together recently... so it makes it all the more rewarding beating them at the London!

and I think we beat Spurs because they demand that we bring our A game - I actually thought we'd lose that one based on the team sheet (like a lot of you I'm sure)

Anyway let's keep it up and put some pressure on the Mancs!  >:D

Go on Liverpool!
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #557: Jan 31, 2021 11:14:55 pm
      Very well done today, 3 great goals but that second goal was out of this world! Nat Phillips looks very solid, he’s also faster than I imagined he’d be. Roll on Wednesday.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #558: Jan 31, 2021 11:17:00 pm
      That 2nd goal is as good as if not better then the Terry Mac goal v Spurs in 78, in my opinion

Don't forget that goal against City last season. Trent long diagonal to Robbo then long diagonal into the box to Salah who heads it off the bounce back across Ederson. Pure art.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #559: Jan 31, 2021 11:20:17 pm
      Don't forget that goal against City last season. Trent long diagonal to Robbo then long diagonal into the box to Salah who heads it off the bounce back across Ederson. Pure art.

Indeed. Great shout
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #560: Jan 31, 2021 11:26:05 pm
      Exactly right, at the moment he'd be extra cover as we've still got a lot of games to play. He could turn into a world beater? If not a Championship club would buy him back for £2m, more likely a lower Prem club and Edwards will make us a small profit.. I'm willing to give the lad a chance if it comes off tomorrow.

when i was young we brought a player from Crewe for £405k (i think they were in the old 4th division)called Rob Jones 2 days later he made his debut at the old toilet and the game ended 0-0,he was a regular until injuries in 1996,he left in 1999.Rob was a very good defender.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #561: Jan 31, 2021 11:27:55 pm
      when i was young we brought a player from Crewe for £405k (i think they were in the old 4th division)called Rob Jones 2 days later he made his debut at the old toilet and the game ended 0-0,he was a regular until injuries in 1996,he left in 1999.Rob was a very good defender.

I loved him
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #562: Jan 31, 2021 11:34:37 pm

Me too,i think he marked Ryan Giggs on his debut and might have got motm.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #563: Jan 31, 2021 11:37:16 pm
      Me too,i think he marked Ryan Giggs on his debut and might have got motm.

Dead right, Giggs once said he was his toughest opponent.

He was outstanding defensively outstanding going forward just couldnt score. But we digress
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #564: Jan 31, 2021 11:48:12 pm
      This game told us a lot, namely, Origi really doesn’t have a place in this team and we are much better against teams that don’t just defend. I’ll at least hand it to West Ham, they attempted to play football and not just sit back looking for a point.

They only came out of their defensive shell once we scored.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #565: Feb 01, 2021 12:45:14 am

England International
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #566: Feb 01, 2021 06:44:15 am
      Get the F**k innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Another great win in he Capital. 2 in a week.

Brilliant goals and an outstanding 2nd half. Mo's second goal, just F***ing wowwwwww!!!

Roll on Brighton!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #567: Feb 01, 2021 08:30:40 am

I loved all his goals ;-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #568: Feb 01, 2021 09:16:35 am
      Brilliant stuff, especially considering the many players injured.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #569: Feb 01, 2021 09:58:19 am

Anyway let's keep it up and put some pressure on the Mancs!  >:D

Bloody hell AJ  you got both mancs in the equation  ;D Hope your right pal  :f_whistle:
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #570: Feb 01, 2021 01:20:05 pm
      Fabulous win and very solid performance and got three valuable points. I thought Nat Phillips was solid and had an excellent game as well as Shaq, his touches were great.

The same is required against Brighton and M. City.

Good Luck Lads :)
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #571: Feb 01, 2021 02:02:42 pm
      Great win. What a way to mark my 5,000th post milestone.  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #572: Feb 01, 2021 02:36:43 pm
      Another great performance and a fantastic result. Well done lads.

Again, I wasn’t too confident with the line up. Missing Bobby and Mane from the starting 11 I thought we’d struggle to break down their shitty gobs***e "The Chosen One" set up. Plus no matip or Fabinho I worried we’d crumble under any sort of pressure from them, especially from the air.

First half I felt we were in complete control and dominated the game once again but my pre match worries proved to be correct because I thought we lacked any real quality or threat in the final third. West Ham weren’t interested in having a go at all the F***ing bubble blowing sh*t bags and all they wanted to do was stop us from winning rather than focus on winning the game themselves if that makes sense.

We remained patient though and in the second half Salah produced the goods and we won the game comfortably in the end. I’ve got to say that second goal from us is one of the best counter attacking goals I’ve ever seen. Not just from us but from any team, ever. Every bit of that goal was world class and I’ll be gobsmacked if that doesn’t win goal of the season. It was F***ing brilliant.

Salah was motm and rightfully so but I gave my vote to nat phillips who I thought was immense. Won everything and didn’t put a foot wrong. Thought the lad was superb.

Two fantastic results for us when we were under huge pressure. Now we move on to Brighton which is a must win. Presuming we do then it’s a big head to head with city which could have a massive impact on the title. But one things for certain, we’re not out of this F***ing race by any means. We will be there or thereabouts come May.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #573: Feb 01, 2021 03:03:55 pm
      All that fuss before the game about how Antonio was gonna muscle his way through our weak backline and how it was West Hams best opportunity to finally beat us on their own patch..
      How F***ing wrong they were... Antonio was sh*t ! and continued to be sh*t until Gollum subbed him off.
      Tactical genius move by Jürgen putting Phillips on Antonio who just threw himself into the challenges all game long. He won so many headers he went up for and cleanly as well.
      He was their only outlet for a goal which amazes me how they are so high up the league.

Mo Salah is a different class.. If Messi had have scored that second goal at the Nou Camp they'd be making a documentary about it.. Our Mo just takes it in his stride..

I'm trying week after week to keep my patience with Origi but I'm slowly losing it.
      That was a massive opportunity for him to really push on and stake a regular place but once again he ended more on his arse than creating havoc in their defence.
      Don't be surprised if Jürgen plays him again on Wednesday :roll:

:kop5cf8koxp6:

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #574: Feb 02, 2021 07:18:55 am
      All that fuss before the game about how Antonio was gonna muscle his way through our weak backline and how it was West Hams best opportunity to finally beat us on their own patch..
      How f**king wrong they were... Antonio was sh*t ! and continued to be sh*t until Gollum subbed him off.
      Tactical genius move by Jürgen putting Phillips on Antonio who just threw himself into the challenges all game long. He won so many headers he went up for and cleanly as well.
      He was their only outlet for a goal which amazes me how they are so high up the league.

Mo Salah is a different class.. If Messi had have scored that second goal at the Nou Camp they'd be making a documentary about it.. Our Mo just takes it in his stride..

I'm trying week after week to keep my patience with Origi but I'm slowly losing it.
      That was a massive opportunity for him to really push on and stake a regular place but once again he ended more on his arse than creating havoc in their defence.
      Don't be surprised if Jürgen plays him again on Wednesday :roll:

:kop5cf8koxp6:

If Mane remains out you are probably correct. He could use Shaq there and put Curtis Jones in midfield. Ox is another possibility.

I guess the argument for Origi is that this gives him his most concentrated set of minutes in quite a while.. agree he has shown very little, but Jürgen may feel a more extended run could bring him some better form. It's not like he'll be starting when Mo, Bobby and Sadio are all fit

Quick Reply