Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ben Davies Player Thread (D) > Rangers

Read 20458 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Ben Davies Player Thread
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2021 09:27:59 pm
      Oh piss off Clint. I came back to the forum only to create a new player thread, but you were too quick. ;D

At least it wasn't Dave!

JK - welcome to LFC, Ben!

Yeah he's a part timer Diego......Clint is da man.......😛
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2021 09:31:18 pm
      Welcome to the world’s greatest club Ben - extra exciting for me as we have a few mutual friends in real life! Can’t wait to see him pull the Red shirt on.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #25: Feb 01, 2021 09:33:20 pm
      Can't imagine how he must be feeling right now.

Good luck lad!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Feb 01, 2021 10:18:03 pm
      Welcome Ben!!!
      This is it man, this is the big one - make the most of it.
      And good luck :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2021 10:58:05 pm
      I have a sneaking suspicion this kid is going to be a revelation. Either way, good on him, has to be the best feeling in the world to sign for Liverpool Football Club.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28: Feb 02, 2021 07:30:01 am
      I have a sneaking suspicion this kid is going to be a revelation. Either way, good on him, has to be the best feeling in the world to sign for Liverpool Football Club.

Would be something if Ben and Nat start in central defence vs. Brighton.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Feb 02, 2021 07:49:08 am
      Welcome Ben to the best football club this side of the Milky Way ( I like Mars bars too 😂)

I’m sending you some Lemons to sook on, just to help you take that permanent grin off yer face, seriously tho, good luck lad, what a few weeks you’ve had, two of the best ever things that can happen to a human being, first child born and best of all signing for Liverpool Football Club.

Oh and, I’ve sent Celtic a wee message on your behalf........ GET IT UP YE !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #30: Feb 02, 2021 08:31:42 am
      Fantastic opportunity but I also have a good feeling about Ben, think he can become an important player for us.

Now we just need Fabinho back asap and Hendo and Nat to keep playing well for a few more weeks until we can blend our new signings into the team.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #31: Feb 02, 2021 10:49:18 am
      Welcome lad and good luck.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #32: Feb 02, 2021 11:37:09 am
      Welcome to the best club in the land Ben,I’m sure under Jürgen you’ll turn into quite the player.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #33: Feb 02, 2021 11:53:34 am
      Certain types of players come on leaps and bounds when given the opportunity to play with world class players, so if this lad's got the right attitude and is willing to knuckle down he could very well be a cracking buy for us. Hopefully he grasps the opportunity with both hands

If I'm honest I don't expect him or Kabak to feature for a few weeks until they get up to speed. Brighton being tomorrow I think is too soon, then we play City, away at Leicester, away at Lepizig and then the derby over the next two & a bit weeks. Could maybe feature against Everton, with it being a home derby behind closed doors it's not going to have the same bite as it would under normal circumstances so it could be the easiest of the three. But not sure if I'd throw them in for the other four, especially seeing as the Hendo / Phillips and Hendo / Fabinho partnerships seem to be fairly solid.

Think they'll still both have a big part to play towards the business end of the season once they get up to speed. Been borrowing from Peter to pay off Paul recently when it comes to finding centre halves, so it will be good to have the likes of Hendo & Fab hopefully back in the middle of the pitch
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #34: Feb 02, 2021 06:48:12 pm
      Welcome :)
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #35: Feb 02, 2021 08:03:38 pm
      Home, Away and third kit

Jürgen and Bobby can recommend good dentists
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #36: Feb 03, 2021 12:34:17 am
      Welcome Ben to The Greatest Club on The Planet!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #37: Feb 21, 2021 08:23:54 pm
      If Fab and Hendo are both out it might his best chance to get a run out, it’s not as if Kabak is pulling up trees so deserves a chance.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #38: Feb 21, 2021 09:00:44 pm
      I'm assuming we signed him just in case Schalke pulled out of the Kabak deal.

As well as Nat has done when called upon it seems baffling to sign someone who's further down the pecking order than him unless it was just emergency cover in case a deal fell through.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39: Feb 21, 2021 09:07:56 pm

As well as Nat has done when called upon it seems baffling to sign someone who's further down the pecking order than him unless it was just emergency cover in case a deal fell through.

Yeah, that seems to be the word on the street [backup to Kabak deal] - or maybe like Robbo might just take a while for Jürgen to give him his chance.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #40: Feb 21, 2021 09:14:59 pm
      Yeah, that seems to be the word on the street [backup to Kabak deal] - or maybe like Robbo might just take a while for Jürgen to give him his chance.

Do we really think the owners would spunk 500k or whatever it was just in case and if true that is very poor business especially considering they had 29 days previous to get one if that is all they wanted
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: Feb 21, 2021 09:23:21 pm
      Do we really think the owners would spunk 500k or whatever it was just in case and if true that is very poor business especially considering they had 29 days previous to get one if that is all they wanted

Can see why things go down to the wire, specially when moneys tight.
      Am sure Jürgen will give him a run, when he thinks he's ready. We could be doing with him being able to come in and do a job for sure.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #42: Feb 21, 2021 09:29:37 pm
      Can see why things go down to the wire, specially when moneys tight.
      Am sure Jürgen will give him a run, when he thinks he's ready. We could be doing with him being able to come in and do a job for sure.

If money tight they have had a shocker signing someone and pay wages not to play unless the thinking is to make a buck in him as quick sale. He is a leftie which we need for balance got to have a look at him and surely against the worse side in the league is the time
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #43: Feb 21, 2021 10:12:09 pm

They netted the 500k by wriggling the same amount out of Southampton for Taki remember? Carpet begger tactics.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #44: Feb 21, 2021 10:28:08 pm
      They netted the 500k by wriggling the same amount out of Southampton for Taki remember? Carpet begger tactics.

I know I alluded to that at the time but surely they have not signed someone just to sell on but if he doesn't play Sunday I don't see many games he will unless we get more injuries
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #45: Feb 21, 2021 11:03:50 pm

Looks more likely this was the case.

It was either on here or Twitter someone said they'd bet he never plays a game for us and it wouldn't be too shocking if this turned out to be true.

Quick Reply