Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Ozan Kabak Player Thread

Read 21354 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Ozan Kabak Player Thread
      Reply #69: Feb 09, 2021 09:46:16 pm
      He'll certainly start this weekend we need to get him up to speed before the CL. Look forward to watching him in action.

I'd play him with Nat or Davies, we need to get them both up to speed ASAP.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #70: Feb 13, 2021 03:07:47 pm
      Looked as slow as Phillips, no5 sure how we can play a high line with him.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #71: Feb 13, 2021 03:13:24 pm
      Need at least 5 games before  a judgement is made did OK today but caught flat a few times and whether Ali at fault or not he was a mile away from Vardy . Never easy on Debut
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #72: Feb 13, 2021 03:37:02 pm
      Can't blame him for the second but he was bloody slow getting back for the third and playing Barnes onside!
      What is it with our reserve CB's being slow as F**k.
      Meanwhile we can't gain any advantage against a hobbling Evans!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #73: Feb 13, 2021 03:38:08 pm
      Looked as slow as Phillips, no5 sure how we can play a high line with him.

We should not play a high line at all, but it would require Klopp changing tactics and formation, but why change if it ain't broken...... Oh!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #74: Feb 13, 2021 04:07:31 pm
      Felt for the kid, not great to come in alongside a CM at CB for your first game.

Also to be up against a team which is set up to capitalise on our highline isn't a great start.

Keep your head up, this only the start.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #75: Feb 13, 2021 04:07:34 pm
      baptism of fire. Wasnt that impressed tbf. Height of Hendo too so hardly imposing 
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,137 posts | 1079 
      Reply #76: Feb 13, 2021 06:01:00 pm
      baptism of fire. Wasnt that impressed tbf. Height of Hendo too so hardly imposing

I hatebto be so frank after one game, but that performance stunk. Definitely lacks pace. Pretty big game to get stuck into. Vardy running at you all game is a nightmare debut. Two big errors today.

His Schalke resume isn't very good. Could see him back in the Bundesliga next season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #77: Feb 13, 2021 06:04:03 pm
      I hatebto be so frank after one game, but that performance stunk. Definitely lacks pace. Pretty big game to get stuck into. Vardy running at you all game is a nightmare debut. Two big errors today.

His Schalke resume isn't very good. Could see him back in the Bundesliga next season.

That's the spirit
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #78: Feb 13, 2021 06:05:36 pm

?

First game, with a underperforming team, in front of a goalie low on confident & playing next to a midfielder asked to play as a makeshift defender...

Yeah lad is sh*t...🙄
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,795 posts | 2447 
      Reply #79: Feb 13, 2021 06:07:14 pm

F**k sake give the kid a break will ya, first ever game in he PL playing in a mess of a team.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #80: Feb 13, 2021 06:15:50 pm

Atta boy. Way to support the player.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,137 posts | 1079 
      Reply #81: Feb 13, 2021 06:35:53 pm
      Atta boy. Way to support the player.

;D, you are having a field day with me today. Boss, in no way do I not support these guys. I truly do. I said he was stuck between a rock and hard place with a debut against Vardy and Barnes. That's a nightmare for anyone, especially forba 20 year old making a big step up in competition in his debut for his dream club.

Still, we see what we see. And the beautiful thing about a forum like this is we get to express it. What I saw today is a kid who lacks pace and is still young in his development. I'm a dumb cop, not a footy mastermind, so don't mind me.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,137 posts | 1079 
      Reply #82: Feb 13, 2021 06:36:55 pm
      ?

First game, with a underperforming team, in front of a goalie low on confident & playing next to a midfielder asked to play as a makeshift defender...

Yeah lad is sh*t...🙄

You're not wrong
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #83: Feb 13, 2021 06:50:06 pm
      Find it hard that some of you can knock a player with no foundation  after 90 mins of football. Poor lad been thrown in at the deep end which incidentally nobody's fault. Granted some players take to it like a duck does to water but most cases need time.

You should be giving the lad at least 4/5 games and even then still have a open mind.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2761 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #84: Feb 13, 2021 07:34:50 pm
      Find it hard that some of you can knock a player with no foundation  after 90 mins of football. Poor lad been thrown in at the deep end which incidentally nobody's fault. Granted some players take to it like a duck does to water but most cases need time.

You should be giving the lad at least 4/5 games and even then still have a open mind.

Im surprised your surprised
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #85: Feb 13, 2021 07:38:52 pm

You been watching Cilla  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #86: Feb 13, 2021 07:39:30 pm

I though he was OK, but he was worryingly slow getting back on the 3rd goal.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #87: Feb 13, 2021 07:47:24 pm

Players develop. For better or for worse. It's not too late to send him back to the Bundesliga if he hasn't improved to our high standards in say... two seasons. But one match may likely be knee jerk. New league, new standards, new challenge. He's probably yet to adapt to our city, let alone the football.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #88: Feb 13, 2021 07:47:32 pm
      I though he was OK, but he was worryingly slow getting back on the 3rd goal.

Probably was but I still wouldn't call him for that based on 90 mins football. The lad maybe a slow learner.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #89: Feb 13, 2021 07:48:33 pm
      Players develop. For better or for worse. It's not too late to send him back to the Bundesliga if he hasn't improved to our high standards in say... two seasons. But one match may likely be knee jerk. New league, new standards, new challenge. He's probably yet to adapt to our city, let alone the football.

He will be going back in the Summer if they don't think he has it
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #90: Feb 13, 2021 07:52:35 pm

Do we know if the kid even speaks English?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #91: Feb 13, 2021 07:55:19 pm
      Slow learner ?The lad has been capped 10 times for his Country a decision  will be made at the end of the loan whether he has it or not will be looked at then not after one game 

That maybe so but we all know Premier league different standard to any other league, a lot harder too.

Quick Reply