Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      25 (58.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      7 (16.3%)
      Nat Phillips
      9 (20.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (2.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: Feb 07, 2021 10:06:10 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18603 times
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Feb 03, 2021 10:43:20 pm
      Klopp saying how knackered we looked- absolutely no idea why he decided to start Milner and gini again then. Could surely have started one of jones /Ox
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #461: Feb 03, 2021 10:45:47 pm
      Matip might struggle in midfield on a couple of technicalities

;D you know I meant Fab 😁

shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #462: Feb 03, 2021 10:45:55 pm
      Mad to think we had 64 points this stage last year. 

Let's be honest here.  Form was dropping since they shut the footy down.  Knew we'd won the league and went through the motions until summer. 

Apart from a handful of games have been going through the motions since summer as well.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #463: Feb 03, 2021 10:45:58 pm
      64 possession 1 shot on target against Brighton at home absolutely disgraceful, gotta change something asap
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #464: Feb 03, 2021 10:46:41 pm
      There's long term issues of course with injuries etc and our mentality now we've won the title but just as an isolated game today there were so many bizarre things.

Saying we're knackered but then not freshening up the midfield? Playing Shaqiri LW which meant he was a passenger and also ruined any chance of Robertson getting forward? Jones not being the first sub? Firmino being taken off when he'd got an hours rest on Sunday?

Some odd decisions from the manager tonight.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #465: Feb 03, 2021 10:48:11 pm
      Another media black out for me
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #466: Feb 03, 2021 10:48:51 pm
      There's long term issues of course with injuries etc and our mentality now we've won the title but just as an isolated game today there were so many bizarre things.

Saying we're knackered but then not freshening up the midfield? Playing Shaqiri LW which meant he was a passenger and also ruined any chance of Robertson getting forward? Jones not being the first sub? Firmino being taken off when he'd got an hours rest on Sunday?

Some odd decisions from the manager tonight.

Strange comments, can't comprehend them personally
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #467: Feb 03, 2021 10:49:13 pm
      You're right, it's not Origi's fault for tonight or most of our bad results in the past six weeks. 

But I'm still not sure of the footballing logic behind loaning out Minamino and keeping Origi.  Maybe someone can square that one for me.

Something to do with Taki not getting game time due to the lack of height already in the side with the centre halves being out according to Jürgen.

Not convinced Minamino was the answer, I think Jota may well be though. Only trouble is hes about a month away from being back to reasonable shape.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #468: Feb 03, 2021 10:50:02 pm
      Then dont loan out the better of the two

I wouldn't have. That's exactly my point.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #469: Feb 03, 2021 10:51:16 pm
      Something to do with Taki not getting game time due to the lack of height already in the side with the centre halves being out according to Jürgen.

Not convinced Minamino was the answer, I think Jota may well be though. Only trouble is hes about a month away from being back to reasonable shape.

That must be the the most ridiculous explanation for not wanting a player.

It’s clear Origi is up for sale but has so far been over priced.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #470: Feb 03, 2021 10:53:26 pm

They are winning their matches.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #471: Feb 03, 2021 10:58:11 pm
      Four starts in 11 days for 35 year old James Milner? Sorry that’s absolutely bananas
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #472: Feb 03, 2021 11:00:15 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #473: Feb 03, 2021 11:00:58 pm
      Very disappointing performance after the previous two matches. Really missed Mane (and Jota) I thought.

Agree it would be nice to get one of Fabinho or Henderson (or both) back in midfield as soon as possible.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #474: Feb 03, 2021 11:01:25 pm
      Awful performance, awful result. Didn’t see it coming at all, especially after our two impressive results recently against spurs and West Ham. I thought our blip was over and we would put a run together and push for the title but I’ve accepted thats over for us now and I feel a bit silly saying it was still on only a week or two ago. The boys really let us down tonight. It was just a shocking performance.

It’s gotten to the point now where I don’t think we can blame any player(s) for this poor form of ours. The responsibility lies with klopp. We’ve had several of these games where the opposition sit in and we dominate possession but we create next to nothing. Did we even manage a shot on target tonight? At home to Brighton? Come on. That’s piss poor that.

It’s so frustrating to watch. I know it’s difficult to play against ten man defences but theres just no urgency about us at all. It’s too slow. It’s predictable. Easy to defend against. And we have no plan B either when it was clear from ten minutes in that we would struggle. We play the same way and with the same system so is it any wonder we get the same outcome? That game tonight was more or less identical to the Burnley one.

Klopps got to change and mix it up. Try something new. Move salah into a more central position. Or tell him to hog the touch line and then drive into the box when he receives the ball and look for a penalty perhaps. Take a man out of the midfield three and play an attacking four instead. Just do something. Anything. Because plan A isn’t working.

Ive seen a few posts criticising a couple of players tonight, in particular origi and ox. Very harsh in my opinion. Very difficult to make an impact in that game with those tactics. Both only had about 20-25 minutes to do so and they’ve been blasted by reds because they couldn’t win the game for us basically, when the whole team was absolutely sh*te.

I’ve also seen people talk about Thiago and I’ve brought this up a couple of times on the forum recently. I don’t think he had a good game tonight to be honest but i still think he’s been very good for us in general and that our low win percentage whenever he starts is just a weird, freakish co-incidence. Not basing this on tonight, but at times he just looks head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch to me.

Motm was kelleher. Could have been embarrassing if it wasn’t for him. Couldn’t do anything for the goal and he made 2 or 3 good stops.

Awful night for us. Really gutted.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #475: Feb 03, 2021 11:05:12 pm
      Just throw the 2 new CB’s into position and get Jota back ASAP... problems are upfront .,
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #476: Feb 03, 2021 11:07:39 pm
      Awful performance, awful result. Didn’t see it coming at all, especially after our two impressive results recently against spurs and West Ham. I thought our blip was over and we would put a run together and push for the title but I’ve accepted thats over for us now and I feel a bit silly saying it was still on only a week or two ago. The boys really let us down tonight. It was just a shocking performance.

It’s gotten to the point now where I don’t think we can blame any player(s) for this poor form of ours. The responsibility lies with klopp. We’ve had several of these games where the opposition sit in and we dominate possession but we create next to nothing. Did we even manage a shot on target tonight? At home to Brighton? Come on. That’s piss poor that.

It’s so frustrating to watch. I know it’s difficult to play against ten man defences but theres just no urgency about us at all. It’s too slow. It’s predictable. Easy to defend against. And we have no plan B either when it was clear from ten minutes in that we would struggle. We play the same way and with the same system so is it any wonder we get the same outcome? That game tonight was more or less identical to the Burnley one.

Klopps got to change and mix it up. Try something new. Move salah into a more central position. Or tell him to hog the touch line and then drive into the box when he receives the ball and look for a penalty perhaps. Take a man out of the midfield three and play an attacking four instead. Just do something. Anything. Because plan A isn’t working.

Ive seen a few posts criticising a couple of players tonight, in particular origi and ox. Very harsh in my opinion. Very difficult to make an impact in that game with those tactics. Both only had about 20-25 minutes to do so and they’ve been blasted by reds because they couldn’t win the game for us basically, when the whole team was absolutely sh*te.

I’ve also seen people talk about Thiago and I’ve brought this up a couple of times on the forum recently. I don’t think he had a good game tonight to be honest but i still think he’s been very good for us in general and that our low win percentage whenever he starts is just a weird, freakish co-incidence. Not basing this on tonight, but at times he just looks head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch to me.

Motm was kelleher. Could have been embarrassing if it wasn’t for him. Couldn’t do anything for the goal and he made 2 or 3 good stops.

Awful night for us. Really gutted.

The way we slowly made our way up the field just allowed them to get back and defend in numbers didnt get it in behind them or over the top enough and when we did it looked our best way with Mo s chance being one of them
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #477: Feb 03, 2021 11:08:50 pm
      Usually champions stay there or there abouts.

Looks like we’re going to drift away similar to F***ing Blackburn and Leicester
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #478: Feb 03, 2021 11:08:55 pm
      Just throw the 2 new CB’s into position and get Jota back ASAP... problems are upfront .,

Yep why not now don't think he will bit think definately one will
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #479: Feb 03, 2021 11:09:22 pm
      Basically we can accommodate a few injuries but this season has been ridiculous really. We have players who can fill in for a few games but when those players become the main players then that spells trouble.

Next season if we can start from a full team to choose from with a normal amount of injuries then we are title candidates. Obviously this season we are not and somehow we just need to make sure we make that top 4 so there's no lasting damage.

There are valid reasons for our troubles this season.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #480: Feb 03, 2021 11:15:54 pm
      Retrospective ban for the assault on VVD by that w**ker Pickford would be quite nice considering what he’s done to us. Still can’t fathom how he got away with that one?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #481: Feb 03, 2021 11:17:54 pm
      Team really seem to be playing with heavy legs.

Just watch us on the counter compared to 18 months ago, a racehorse would have been taken to the glue factory 😁
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #482: Feb 03, 2021 11:19:00 pm
      Hate football

Quick Reply