1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: Feb 07, 2021 10:06:10 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18427 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Feb 03, 2021 10:22:55 pm
      How F***ing depressing.

Can’t wait for city 😫
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #438: Feb 03, 2021 10:24:37 pm
      We will beat city, but now it likely wont matter a F**k
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #439: Feb 03, 2021 10:25:13 pm
      How f**king depressing.

Can’t wait for city 😫

Probably beat them though, then lose the next one
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #440: Feb 03, 2021 10:26:10 pm
      Had to shell out money for 2 CBs maybe the money was not there so someone had to go out

Clearly we tried to ship out Origi but no one was interested after his recent performances.

Edwards done a lot of good for us but overpricing Origi and Wilson in the summer has hurt us. Stopped us signing one either in the summer or on 1 January.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #441: Feb 03, 2021 10:27:04 pm

Derby coming up soon not long after the city game, those cu*ts will be fancying their chances of getting their first win at Anfield in the 21st Century.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #442: Feb 03, 2021 10:27:14 pm
      Had to shell out money for 2 CBs maybe the money was not there so someone had to go out

You can’t be serious about a couple of million quid for two CB’s. If former European, world and pl champions can’t afford that then there is something chronically wrong.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #443: Feb 03, 2021 10:27:29 pm

City could really really hurt us i think.

One thing we haven't had to face yet is a team that actually go at us. I know people think that will help us, but acity could just blow us away if they get into the heart of our defence.

Not looking forward to it really.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #444: Feb 03, 2021 10:28:07 pm
      We used to not have to worry about defence because Hendo or Fab would mop it up and get it moving the other direction in a blink of an eye.

Get him back into midfield, let Thiago do his thing, and watch the difference, even with new CBS playing, they’ve got a better chance of kicking on with Hendo in front of them.

I think Fabinho and Henderson have done their shifts in defence now.  Get them operating back in midfield.  No offence to Wijnaldum, I've been a huge supporter of him and think he should have plenty of years left, but I'm not sure it's a good long term situation for team morale for us to be relying on a midfielder who has probably told the rest of the players he is getting off.

If we need to start using this season as preparation for the next then that surely has to be Wijnaldum out of the picture?

Could find ourselves 13 points behind City soon and let's be honest here, 2019/20 Liverpool might have caught that up but 2020/21 Liverpool wont in about 14 games space.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #445: Feb 03, 2021 10:28:35 pm

Pretty sure that's not what happened.

Minamino may never make it here but I sure as hell know I can't take a single more minute of Origi bumbling about in our front three.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #446: Feb 03, 2021 10:28:47 pm
      MOTM can fvk right off the whole team was awful

and we got Sheffield United in 1 or 2 weeks time
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #447: Feb 03, 2021 10:31:32 pm

Minamino may never make it here but I sure as hell know I can't take a single more minute of Origi bumbling about in our front three.

Bumbling about is the perfect description of what Divock does. I do think he can play in the prem and after a run of games would start scoring goals, but it doesn't have to be with bloody us!

Time to move on really so we can remember him fondly.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #448: Feb 03, 2021 10:33:24 pm

Then dont loan out the better of the two
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      Reply #449: Feb 03, 2021 10:34:06 pm
      Getting angrier, better leave it at that, its only a game, lot more important things going on at the minute.

On to City on Sunday, pride to play for
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #450: Feb 03, 2021 10:34:24 pm
      Not sure you can slaughter origi on tonight alone. The whole performance was a disorganised shambles
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #451: Feb 03, 2021 10:35:43 pm
      Bottom 6 whipping boys.. 😂
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      Reply #452: Feb 03, 2021 10:37:55 pm
      Not sure you can slaughter origi on tonight alone. The whole performance was a disorganised shambles

Im not.im basing it over most of his time here bar his few golden goals.

When is tge last time he had any impact, sub or starter? Take tonight you want him coming in throwing himself around trying to make something happen, he brought nothing
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #453: Feb 03, 2021 10:37:59 pm
      Mad to think we had 64 points this stage last year. 

Let's be honest here.  Form was dropping since they shut the footy down.  Knew we'd won the league and went through the motions until summer. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #454: Feb 03, 2021 10:39:36 pm
      Not sure you can slaughter origi on tonight alone.

You're right, it's not Origi's fault for tonight or most of our bad results in the past six weeks. 

But I'm still not sure of the footballing logic behind loaning out Minamino and keeping Origi.  Maybe someone can square that one for me.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #455: Feb 03, 2021 10:39:41 pm
      That was painful to watch.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #456: Feb 03, 2021 10:40:17 pm
      Thought it was madness taking Firmino off. He wasn't great tonight by any means but he was the only one who at least looked half capable of creating something from a central position
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #457: Feb 03, 2021 10:40:31 pm

And you’re correct, but Origi gave up giving his all with us ages ago. I suppose when you get the odd minute here and there, you just can’t be arsed. He’s tall enough and quick enough to do better than he does. He probably wants out as much as fans want him out now. He will be mentioned in LFC folklore for years to come, but his days at LFC are over...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #458: Feb 03, 2021 10:40:50 pm
      Need to get CB’s playing where they should be and get Hendo and Fab back into midfield, club trying to be clever comes back to bite us on the arse.

As a minimum we need a injection of pace in midfield, have we ever played with such a pedestrian midfield as tonight Gini, Milner and Thiago?......which one of those were ever going to pick up the ball and run at their defence or make a late run into the box from midfield!

« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2021 10:46:22 pm by HScRed1 »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #459: Feb 03, 2021 10:41:36 pm
      Need to get CB’s playing where they should be and get Hendo and Matip back into midfield, club trying to be clever comes back to bite us on the arse.

As a minimum we need a injection of pace in midfield, have we ever played with such a pedestrian midfield as tonight Gini, Milner and Thiago?......which one of those were ever going to pick up the ball and run at their defence or make a late run into the box from midfield!

Matip might struggle in midfield on a couple of technicalities

Quick Reply