Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      25 (58.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      7 (16.3%)
      Nat Phillips
      9 (20.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (2.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: Feb 07, 2021 10:06:10 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18066 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Feb 04, 2021 09:28:12 am
      I agree they looked fatigued but explain to me how a team like Brighton with a much weaker first XI and squad look fresher than us. Also explain how playing a 35 year old makes any sense when you have Curtis and Ox waiting in the wings.

There are more and more questions stacking up against Klopp:

1) Why send Minamino out on loan when you have so few attacking options, and sorry but Origi is NOT a F***ing option!!!
      2) Why not formulate a way to defeat low block teams, its not a modern phenomenon in football but Jürgen, supposedly the best manager in the world, has not got a F***ing clue how to beat it, he should be utterly embarrassed!
      3) Realise that his normal formation and players only really work if a team plays open football, and have a different set of players who can play against Low Block, That means having midfielders who can run with the ball and Full Backs who can go on overlaps and also drive into the box AT SPEED!!!  It might also be an idea to buy a striker who is tall who can attack crosses, doesn't need to be the best in the world just a different option, imagine an Origi who actually gets on the end of crosses and uses their size as an advantage.

I am sad to say it but I really am starting to lose faith in Klopp, it just seems that his heart is not quite in it any more, I expect a top class manager to be able to solve these challenges but he seems clueless and that is very worrying.

I think Klopp has become insane, if you agree that insanity is doing the same thing  over and over and expecting a different outcome, which it seems he does.

For one Brighton haven't been chasing down a City side getting pretty much 100 points a season for past four years or so.

You cannot underestimate the effect the last few seasons have had on this side.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #507: Feb 04, 2021 09:31:48 am
      For one Brighton haven't been chasing down a City side getting pretty much 100 points a season for past four years or so.

Hmm not sure they're acceptable excuses, mate. Side has needed freshening up for a couple of seasons now. We were incredibly fortunate that our front three remained fit for most of last season which papered over a summer of spending absolutely f**k all
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #508: Feb 04, 2021 09:32:48 am
      Yep!! Your right!! It's controversial.

Would you be saying the same thing if you had a fully fit squad?? (please answer )
      Have you forgotten we're going through a pandemic ?
      Do you realise players are having to play twice  a week and more sometimes.
      What is happening is across the board in the premier league with maybe City the exception due to debt in squad is quite incredible.

Bottled it is a strong word, well least it is with your experience players.  Maybe the youth that's been forced  into the side havent been at the level required but I certainly wouldn't use the word bottle.

Some of you lads give up to easily, you've only played 22 games and still a long way to go. Beat City weekend and your 4 points behind.... Yes I know they have a game in hand but the points not in the bag just yet.

Can you imagine if Klopp had the attitude of some of you lot? You'd never win f**k all because some of you are sprinters. In my life time I've only ever seen marathon runners win the Premier League.

Ask yourself this Keith, if Fergie went a calendar month without scoring at Old Trafford would he have changed things in the team set up or not?? If the answer is Yes then you can perhaps start to understand the misery we all have this morning.

I kind of suspect though you are laughing your arse off this morning and revelling in our frustration, just another one of the reasons why I hate having a Man Utd fan on this forum, but I'm in the minority it seems! By the way that is nothing personal against you, you do seem like a nice enough bloke.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #509: Feb 04, 2021 09:33:56 am
      There's no problem, only some here piss against the wind, as usual when the times get rough.

Proof: Look at our goals scored. We are 2nd best, even better than City. So offense is not a problem as it might seem. Look at goals taken. We have 25, City has 13! Obviously losing our three first CB's is the main reason. So that simple stat of goals tells u that only our defense is wrong and every Liverpool fan knows that this is due to injuries of our three top CB's. It's ridiculous to have some plan B in case your three best defenders drop. You just have to trust that won't happen or you have to sell your soul to some arabian prince.

We won't win the title (root for City! because of 19-20), we still can try for CL, we must make top 4 in the PL and let's hope next season is a better one. Done.

We have one point from the bottom six teams and you claim there is no problem!!!! WOW
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #510: Feb 04, 2021 09:36:55 am

Are you suggesting that fatigue persisted even during the first lockdown, how is that possible, I get the mental fatigue, but physical fatigue, nah, not having that sorry! There is no reason why our players shod be more fatigued than others, especially since all of them have been out injured at various points in the season.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #511: Feb 04, 2021 09:37:45 am
      Yep!! Your right!! It's controversial.

Would you be saying the same thing if you had a fully fit squad?? (please answer )
      Have you forgotten we're going through a pandemic ?
      Do you realise players are having to play twice  a week and more sometimes.
      What is happening is across the board in the premier league with maybe City the exception due to debt in squad is quite incredible.

Bottled it is a strong word, well least it is with your experience players.  Maybe the youth that's been forced  into the side havent been at the level required but I certainly wouldn't use the word bottle.

Some of you lads give up to easily, you've only played 22 games and still a long way to go. Beat City weekend and your 4 points behind.... Yes I know they have a game in hand but the points not in the bag just yet.

Can you imagine if Klopp had the attitude of some of you lot? You'd never win f**k all because some of you are sprinters. In my life time I've only ever seen marathon runners win the Premier League.

Kopite Keith bang on the money!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #512: Feb 04, 2021 09:43:50 am
      Are you suggesting that fatigue persisted even during the first lockdown, how is that possible, I get the mental fatigue, but physical fatigue, nah, not having that sorry!

I should have clarified that it is mental fatigue I'm talking about. I think we're a bit spent in that regard.

Hmm not sure they're acceptable excuses, mate. Side has needed freshening up for a couple of seasons now. We were incredibly fortunate that our front three remained fit for most of last season which papered over a summer of spending absolutely f**k all

Agree with this as well by the way.

I think this side has reached its peak and does need a bit of freshening up. The previous summer should have seen that started and we kind of got away with it and I think we're seeing the impact this has had on this group of players now.

The ridiculous injury list hasn't helped as well but for me the biggest issue, leaving aside transfers for a moment, is that we are a side that is mentally drained from constant chasing which needed constant perfection just to overhaul City.

We seen it with City to a certain extent last season as they were dropping more points than usual after a couple of seasons of relentless football.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #513: Feb 04, 2021 09:47:02 am
      I should have clarified that it is mental fatigue I'm talking about. I think we're a bit spent in that regard.

Agree with this as well by the way.

I think this side has reached its peak and does need a bit of freshening up. The previous summer should have seen that started and we kind of got away with it and I think we're seeing the impact this has had on this group of players now.

The ridiculous injury list hasn't helped as well but for me the biggest issue, leaving aside transfers for a moment, is that we are a side that is mentally drained from constant chasing which needed constant perfection just to overhaul City.

We seen it with City to a certain extent last season as they were dropping more points than usual after a couple of seasons of relentless football.

Fair enough, but a lot of that is on Klopp, freshening up also means evolving the tactics, but we are stuck in Plan A, its very frustrating.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #514: Feb 04, 2021 09:56:46 am
      Ask yourself this Keith, if Fergie went a calendar month without scoring at Old Trafford would he have changed things in the team set up or not?? If the answer is Yes then you can perhaps start to understand the misery we all have this morning.

I kind of suspect though you are laughing your arse off this morning and revelling in our frustration, just another one of the reasons why I hate having a Man Utd fan on this forum, but I'm in the minority it seems! By the way that is nothing personal against you, you do seem like a nice enough bloke.

Fergie never went thought a pandemic.
      I might stand corrected but don't think Fergie played as many games in such a short space of time.
      Pretty sure Fergie not had as many first team injuries but if he did we've nearly alaways had a better back up bench than Livepool.

You really need to get over the manc thing as it sounds like its doing you no good. Seriously try the ignore button it will help you enjoy the forum a bit more. Trust me it works coz I have a couple on ignore and it makes for a better reading.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #515: Feb 04, 2021 10:11:21 am
      Fergie never went thought a pandemic.
      I might stand corrected but don't think Fergie played as many games in such a short space of time.
      Pretty sure Fergie not had as many first team injuries but if he did we've nearly alaways had a better back up bench than Livepool.

You really need to get over the manc thing as it sounds like its doing you no good. Seriously try the ignore button it will help you enjoy the forum a bit more. Trust me it works coz I have a couple on ignore and it makes for a better reading.

Oh come on man, you know damn well Fergie would have changed things, he would not just play exactly the same ineffective tactics in game after game after game, if you disagree then I really think you might be on a wind up here!

BTW I am against putting anyone on ignore Keith, but I do find it irritating to have a supporter of the team I dislike more than any other regularly posting on a Liverpool forum, I'm not sure why that is considered so odd or controversial!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #516: Feb 04, 2021 10:17:47 am
      Oh come on man, you know damn well Fergie would have changed things, he would not just play exactly the same ineffective tactics in game after game after game, if you disagree then I really think you might be on a wind up here!

BTW I am against putting anyone on ignore Keith, but I do find it irritating to have a supporter of the team I dislike more than any other regularly posting on a Liverpool forum, I'm not sure why that is considered so odd or controversial!

I wish I knew what Fergie thoughts are, I'd of been a very rich man if I did and of been a world class manager.  ;D

There's nothing else I can say re Mancs being on here. You've stated your opinion and everyone well aware of it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #517: Feb 04, 2021 10:19:16 am

If you don't like him posting on here don't F***ing reply to him then.

He's been posting on here long before you arrived, hasn't broken any rules, and if the Mods didn't want him on here he'd be banned.

Get over it.
      « Last Edit: Feb 04, 2021 10:31:30 am by srslfc »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #518: Feb 04, 2021 10:19:55 am
      If as a lot of the sensible supporters were saying we got in the CB reinforcements early they may well have been integrated by now and we could have got Our more dynamic midfielders back into position.

Along with that possibly getting the full backs back up high providing the creativity rather than babysitting.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #519: Feb 04, 2021 10:26:00 am

Fergie played players on form and tactics no matter if it was Beckham or Jonathan Greening,big names counted for nothing,no way would lower/lesser teams screw them over constantly in a short space of time playing the same tactic like us recently with no plan B.100% agree about a Manc on a Liverpool forum,very odd,i wouldn't waste one second on a manc forum talking about them.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #520: Feb 04, 2021 10:27:50 am
      If as a lot of the sensible supporters were saying we got in the CB reinforcements early they may well have been integrated by now and we could have got Our more dynamic midfielders back into position.

Along with that possibly getting the full backs back up high providing the creativity rather than babysitting.

Thank you HScRed1,at last someone seeing the bigger picture,hopefully we will now see our best players play in their best positions so we have a fighting chance of the top 4 and a CL run.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #521: Feb 04, 2021 10:30:43 am
      I agree they looked fatigued but explain to me how a team like Brighton with a much weaker first XI and squad look fresher than us. Also explain how playing a 35 year old makes any sense when you have Curtis and Ox waiting in the wings.

There are more and more questions stacking up against Klopp:

1) Why send Minamino out on loan when you have so few attacking options, and sorry but Origi is NOT a f**king option!!!
      2) Why not formulate a way to defeat low block teams, its not a modern phenomenon in football but Jürgen, supposedly the best manager in the world, has not got a f**king clue how to beat it, he should be utterly embarrassed!
      3) Realise that his normal formation and players only really work if a team plays open football, and have a different set of players who can play against Low Block, That means having midfielders who can run with the ball and Full Backs who can go on overlaps and also drive into the box AT SPEED!!!  It might also be an idea to buy a striker who is tall who can attack crosses, doesn't need to be the best in the world just a different option, imagine an Origi who actually gets on the end of crosses and uses their size as an advantage.

I am sad to say it but I really am starting to lose faith in Klopp, it just seems that his heart is not quite in it any more, I expect a top class manager to be able to solve these challenges but he seems clueless and that is very worrying.

I think Klopp has become insane, if you agree that insanity is doing the same thing  over and over and expecting a different outcome, which it seems he does.

This was a sensible, reasonable post open to some good debate and then you went and fu**ed it with the last two paragraphs.

Give your head a wobble.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #522: Feb 04, 2021 10:57:07 am
      I would think Jürgen will have all the team in at Kirby today, watching the match back and asking them to watch their own performances and say , do you deserve to pick up wages for this ? I can just imagine a thread starting like : what would yo do with a team that under performs ?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #523: Feb 04, 2021 11:04:45 am
      Only saw brief highlights, very disappointing to lose at home once again, after two away wins at Spurs & West Ham. Seemingly once again not able to score against Brighton another side in the lower half of the table. Obviously now have a huge mountain to climb to retain the title, starting with Man City, once again at home ! City I think can be beaten, but our strikers must be on target in front of goal from the start, which could be a fascinating game if all the players fit lift themselves for the occasion.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #524: Feb 04, 2021 11:06:56 am
      If you don't like him posting on here don't f**king reply to him then.

He's been posting on here long before you arrived, hasn't broken any rules, and if the Mods didn't want him on here he'd be banned.

Get over it.

A point that I've acknowledged.
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #525: Feb 04, 2021 11:10:47 am
      It was a Pathetic and disgraceful performance that was based on inept tactics of one dimension style of play(only Plan A) that has been dictated by the wired manager, who must take the full blame. The was writing on the wall for this disastrous campaign since 7-2 thrashing against Aston Villa!!  Many football experts have urged Klopp to strengthen his squad in the summer to overcome the new demanding season, but he still believed by his alleged world-class players!! the likes of Salah, Firmino, and Origi who will bring him another title, what a weird style of management. Just a couple of days ago he let Minamino go and kept the disgraceful Origi who can't even force himself in a third division side!! It is total madness.
      Brighton left-back Burn has caused us so much damage and he was unlucky not to score in the first half, whereas, our full-backs and wide players have failed to use the wide spaces on the flanks and were trying to put the ball through a wall of defenders, the crosses were useless and infective against giants defending against midgets of Liverpool players!

The champion elect  M. City will win it with ease, however, I am worried they might infect a third successive home defeat
      upon us.
      Bad times indeed, but we must say Good Luck Lads for Sunday. >:( 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #526: Feb 04, 2021 11:11:29 am
      This was a sensible, reasonable post open to some good debate and then you went and fu**ed it with the last two paragraphs.

Give your head a wobble.

OK so ignore the last 2 paragraphs and lets have a debate on the rest instead of another tedious  ad hominem attack!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #527: Feb 04, 2021 11:15:32 am
      It was a Pathetic and disgraceful performance that was based on inept tactics of one dimension style of play(only Plan A) that has been dictated by the wired manager, who must take the full blame. The was writing on the wall for this disastrous campaign since 7-2 thrashing against Aston Villa!!  Many football experts have urged Klopp to strengthen his squad in the summer to overcome the new demanding season, but he still believed by his alleged world-class players!! the likes of Salah, Firmino, and Origi who will bring him another title, what a weird style of management. Just a couple of days ago he let Minamino go and kept the disgraceful Origi who can't even force himself in a third division side!! It is total madness.
      Brighton left-back Burn has caused us so much damage and he was unlucky not to score in the first half, whereas, our full-backs and wide players have failed to use the wide spaces on the flanks and were trying to put the ball through a wall of defenders, the crosses were useless and infective against giants defending against midgets of Liverpool players!

The champion elect  M. City will win it with ease, however, I am worried they might infect a third successive home defeat
      upon us.
      Bad times indeed, but we must say Good Luck Lads for Sunday. >:( 

Our players need to pull their fingers out for sure, starting with this game on Sunday !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #528: Feb 04, 2021 11:23:19 am
      Our players need to pull their fingers out for sure, starting with this game on Sunday !

Yes, but more crucially our manager and his coaching staff need to do some work, they need to formulate new tactics, this should have happened a long time ago.

Quick Reply