Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man City Sunday 7th Feb 16:30 Kick Off

Read 10062 times
      Farmboy56
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Re: Liverpool v Man City Sunday 7th Feb 16:30 Kick Off
      Reply #23: Feb 05, 2021 07:11:21 am
      PNE fan here, may be a bit biased, but I’d get Davies straight in your team, he’s one of the classiest players I’ve seen at PNE ( and I’ve been watching them since the 70’s) always looks to have so much time on the ball, and can play his way out from the back, bet he’ll be one of the first names on the team sheet sooner rather than later 👍🏻
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #24: Feb 05, 2021 08:29:04 am
      PNE fan here, may be a bit biased, but I’d get Davies straight in your team, he’s one of the classiest players I’ve seen at PNE ( and I’ve been watching them since the 70’s) always looks to have so much time on the ball, and can play his way out from the back, bet he’ll be one of the first names on the team sheet sooner rather than later 👍🏻

Hope so cheers
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25: Feb 05, 2021 08:42:45 am

So, do you live on a farm? Thought I'd ask,  you know.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Feb 05, 2021 08:50:32 am
      Having Mane or Fabinho back would make a huge difference but without them then I think this will be very hard to win, hopefully Pep over estimates us and goes for a cagey approach and we can get a draw.

Sorry to be negative but I just think City in full flow beats us at the moment, possibly quite badly!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #27: Feb 05, 2021 08:54:30 am
      I bet we hurt them, I bet we beat them.

Shabs ma man.
      Exactly what I was going to post .

Lets Bring It !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Feb 05, 2021 08:56:57 am
      Sorry to be negative but I just think City in full flow beats us at the moment, possibly quite badly!

Oh do self destruct  ...... please ?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Feb 05, 2021 08:57:28 am
      Oh do self destruct  ...... please ?

???
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #30: Feb 05, 2021 10:17:20 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would risk it this way. If we lose, we give a helping hand by not giving it to Utd. However, I think that we will be in the game much more than on Wednesday because we need to show them we're better.

3 points please.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #31: Feb 05, 2021 10:34:18 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would risk it this way. If we lose, we give a helping hand by not giving it to Utd. However, I think that we will be in the game much more than on Wednesday because we need to show them we're better.

3 points please.

You're crazy Clint!!

Chamberlain and Shaqiri behind Salah is madness. Firmino has to start this one for me.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #32: Feb 05, 2021 11:00:38 am
      City H, Leicester A, Everton H. With CL in between

If ever there was a time for us to remember that we are champs it is about now.

Win all of these and then lose to Sheff Utd is my prediction.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #33: Feb 05, 2021 11:01:25 am
      I’d throw both new CB’s into the team, get Fabinho & Hendo back in midfield with Thiago & have our front 3 where they belong....

Alisson

Trent Davies Kabak Robbo

Fabinho    Hendo

Thiago

Salah     Bobby      Mane
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #34: Feb 05, 2021 11:21:39 am
      Having Mane or Fabinho back would make a huge difference but without them then I think this will be very hard to win, hopefully Pep over estimates us and goes for a cagey approach and we can get a draw.

I think it will be cagey and we'll win by the odd goal,Citys record at Anfield is appalling and have only beaten us quite badly twice in the 1930's at Anfield(1-6 & 0-5)we generally have struggled against teams putting nearly all their players behind the ball giving us no space this season,city don't play that way.Thiago really needs to step up as i've been underwhelmed with his performances recently,We need Ally back also.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35: Feb 05, 2021 01:02:27 pm
      I’d throw both new CB’s into the team, get Fabinho & Hendo back in midfield with Thiago & have our front 3 where they belong....

Alisson

Trent Davies Kabak Robbo

Fabinho    Hendo

Thiago

Salah     Bobby      Mane

Exactly what I’d do, except Phillips deserves his place in the side so one or the other plus Phillips, this is a free hit for me because we’re fu**ed if we don’t and probably still fu**ed if we do, so F**k it let’s just throw caution to the wind and go for it,

Also I’d tweak the bench a leave Divock & Ox With the ressies and bring in Leighton Clarkson & Jake Cain, maybe even Joe Miller, if the season is deemed truly gone then let’s think about next season and blood some kids, and ready them for the future, that may seem a tad radical to some but what have we got to lose ?

Y  N  W  A

rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #36: Feb 05, 2021 01:05:39 pm
      Looks like Ali , Fab and Mane back no way Kabak and Davies play together so think Hendo , Gini and Thiago midfield . Fab will play CB alongside an other usual 3 up top
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #37: Feb 05, 2021 01:12:41 pm
      Tactically we need to keep it tight the first 20 minutes. Man City score a shed load of goals this season in the first few minutes and it sets them up for the rest of the game as they keep possession very easily. After 20 minutes then we will get confidence to push out more.

I'm really not looking forward to this game. I've always fancied us at home vs City but without our fans in the ground, they are favourites to win their first game here in almost 20 years.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #38: Feb 05, 2021 01:19:37 pm
      Alisson
      Trent - Phillips - Kabak - Robbo
      Gini - Hendo - Thiago
      Salah - Firmino - Mane
      Farmboy56
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #39: Feb 05, 2021 01:26:09 pm
      So, do you live on a farm? Thought I'd ask,  you know.
      certainly do, near Ormskirk 👍
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man City Sunday 7th Feb 16:30 Kick Off
      Reply #40: Feb 05, 2021 02:35:41 pm

Jürgen Klopp confirmed Ozan Kabak is in line to feature against Manchester City on Sunday, but the Liverpool boss remained coy on the fitness of Alisson, Fabinho and Sadio Mane.

Alisson Becker, Fabinho and Sadio Mane missed the defeat to Brighton, while Ozan Kabak joined on loan from Schalke on Monday; watch Liverpool vs Manchester City live on Sky Sports Premier League this Sunday from 4pm; kick-off 4.30pm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12209381/ozan-kabak-clear-to-play-for-liverpool-vs-man-city-but-Jürgen-klopp-coy-on-alisson-fabinho-and-sadio-mane

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Feb 05, 2021 02:36:05 pm
      Klopp says Ali feeling better and Mane and Fabinho involved in "parts of" team training today so "we will see."

Hopefully it's more than when they walk out and sing Happy Birthday in 5 different languages.

Seriously, huge boost if those two are back.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42: Feb 05, 2021 02:40:37 pm
      Klopp on whether Kabak and Davies might feature vs. City on Sunday:

"I don't know. With our situation, we will see who can play again, who cannot and who should not or who should play again – all these kind of things. Then we will see. In an ideal world, you have a few weeks and work together on defensive things, especially organisation and all these kind of things. Ben and Ozan had yesterday an analyse meeting – and they trained – where they got shown all the stuff we do usually, like a centre-half movie. So today, proper session. Tomorrow, proper session and we will see. I don't know yet."
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43: Feb 05, 2021 02:41:17 pm
      Klopp says Ali feeling better and Mane and Fabinho involved in "parts of" team training today so "we will see."

Hopefully it's more than when they walk out and sing Happy Birthday in 5 different languages.

Seriously, huge boost if those two are back.

Yeah that Happy Birthday thing is F***ing cringeworthy, I'm all for team bonding but that is just weird!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #44: Feb 05, 2021 02:47:04 pm

Jürgen Klopp confirmed Ozan Kabak is in line to feature against Manchester City on Sunday, but the Liverpool boss remained coy on the fitness of Alisson, Fabinho and Sadio Mane.

Alisson Becker, Fabinho and Sadio Mane missed the defeat to Brighton, while Ozan Kabak joined on loan from Schalke on Monday; watch Liverpool vs Manchester City live on Sky Sports Premier League this Sunday from 4pm; kick-off 4.30pm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12209381/ozan-kabak-clear-to-play-for-liverpool-vs-man-city-but-Jürgen-klopp-coy-on-alisson-fabinho-and-sadio-mane

Didn't expect Kabak to feature so soon, but maybe if Jürgen is desperate to get Fab/Hendo back into the middle, he might
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Feb 05, 2021 02:51:47 pm
      Didn't expect Kabak to feature so soon, but maybe if Jürgen is desperate to get Fab/Hendo back into the middle, he might

Read his quote about Kabak and Davies in my post above yours. Seems to say something quite different than the Sky Sports headline in Shabs' post.

Quick Reply