Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man City Sunday 7th Feb 16:30 Kick Off

Read 10054 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man City Sunday 7th Feb 16:30 Kick Off
      Reply #46: Feb 05, 2021 02:55:44 pm
      Yeah that Happy Birthday thing is f**king cringeworthy, I'm all for team bonding but that is just weird!

Heimy me old mucker, I sincerely  hope you have the f***in shittiest birthday ever in the history of Heimdall, that all presents are sh*t, if indeed you get any, and all of your cards too, Your cake tastes of sh*t and you have the shittiest of party’s ever. All the best mate, and Shitty birthday to you !

Hope that makes you feel better 😂 😂 😂

Y  N  W  A
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #47: Feb 05, 2021 02:57:49 pm
      Kabak may make the bench but i would be shocked if he starts. Just don't see it happening. Putting a newly arrived 20yo out there against the best team in England in a must-win game? Not seeing it.

Fab and Nat it is for me.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool v Man City Sunday 7th Feb 16:30 Kick Off
      Reply #48: Feb 05, 2021 03:00:53 pm
      Tactically we need to keep it tight the first 20 minutes. Man City score a shed load of goals this season in the first few minutes and it sets them up for the rest of the game as they keep possession very easily. After 20 minutes then we will get confidence to push out more.

I'm really not looking forward to this game. I've always fancied us at home vs City but without our fans in the ground, they are favourites to win their first game here in almost 20 years.

If you look at most of our games with them the past 3-4 years (not last summer of course), we're actually all over them like a hot rash for the first 15 minutes or so. Some of the best football we've played has been in the beginning of games vs. City.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #49: Feb 05, 2021 03:37:47 pm
      Yeah that Happy Birthday thing is F***ing cringeworthy, I'm all for team bonding but that is just weird!

F**k me mate, is everything so negative for you.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #50: Feb 05, 2021 03:43:03 pm
      City’s unbeaten run end at Anfield on Sunday & after that we will live rent free in Peps head whilst they drop Points..

Pumped for this..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: Feb 05, 2021 04:14:26 pm

Heimy me old mucker, I sincerely  hope you have the f***in shittiest birthday ever in the history of Heimdall, that all presents are sh*t, if indeed you get any, and all of your cards too, Your cake tastes of sh*t and you have the shittiest of party’s ever. All the best mate, and Shitty birthday to you !

Hope that makes you feel better 😂 😂 😂

Y  N  W  A

What a horrible thing to say, and the cowards upticking you as well, dear oh dear.

You should be careful wishing misfortune on other people, it has a tendency to backfire, sometimes quite spectacularly!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #52: Feb 05, 2021 04:15:38 pm
      F**k me mate, is everything so negative for you.

No, but do you always get triggered by my posts??
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Feb 05, 2021 04:16:04 pm
      City’s unbeaten run end at Anfield on Sunday & after that we will live rent free in Peps head whilst they drop Points..

Pumped for this..

;D, I so wish you are right, for once! ;-)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #54: Feb 05, 2021 04:28:15 pm

Pumped for this..

Nice to read a post showing some positivity, the side has a habit of bouncing back against top teams, let's hope this is the case against Man City on Sunday !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #55: Feb 05, 2021 04:31:25 pm
      Nice to read a post showing some positivity, the side has a habit of bouncing back against top teams, let's hope this is the case against Man City on Sunday !

I think our season actually starts Sunday after all the disruption through injuries...  we have our CB’s allowing our midfielders to create space for our starved forwards...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #56: Feb 05, 2021 04:33:50 pm
      Kabak may make the bench but i would be shocked if he starts. Just don't see it happening. Putting a newly arrived 20yo out there against the best team in England in a must-win game? Not seeing it.

Fab and Nat it is for me.

Kabak will be playing for the best team
      In England... 😘

If Kabak & Davies start you can bet Fabinho will offer them the same protection he did to Gomez & Virgil...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #57: Feb 05, 2021 04:42:46 pm
      Shots fired...

Klopp getting under Pep’s skin already.. 😂

https://twitter.com/cityreport_/status/1357692541798387712?s=21
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #58: Feb 05, 2021 04:54:07 pm
      Read his quote about Kabak and Davies in my post above yours. Seems to say something quite different than the Sky Sports headline in Shabs' post.

Would be a surprise if he played, especially against City where he'd probably be busy. Unless he's emulating his hero VVD in training already..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #59: Feb 05, 2021 04:57:52 pm
      Would be a surprise if he played, especially against City where he'd probably be busy. Unless he's emulating his hero VVD in training already..

To me the best argument for Kabak and/or Davies playing is that it would get Hendo and/or Fabinho into the midfield. He might just think "what do I have to lose? I need those two further forward for us to score goals. I'll take my chances with new faces in the back." - But otherwise they probably need more time and a more suitable occasion before debuting.

(in my heart i want to see Kabak out there and one of Hendo/Fab in midfield, I'll admit).
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #60: Feb 05, 2021 05:20:02 pm
      To me the best argument for Kabak and/or Davies playing is that it would get Hendo and/or Fabinho into the midfield. He might just think "what do I have to lose? I need those two further forward for us to score goals. I'll take my chances with new faces in the back." - But otherwise they probably need more time and a more suitable occasion before debuting.

(in my heart i want to see Kabak out there and one of Hendo/Fab in midfield, I'll admit).

Would to see Hendo/Fab in the middle too, think we all would.
      Maybe a Hendo/Nat CB pairing will come under real pressure from Citeh anyway, and pushing Hendo up in the middle would maybe keep some of the pressure of whichever CBs that do start.
      Still a risk though to play a CB who only flew into the country a while back and hasn't had many sessions on the training pitch ... unless he's looking the part and Jürgen is happy to gamble on him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #61: Feb 05, 2021 05:47:45 pm

No fixture between November 8th and 21st, not that long ago that he should forget
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #62: Feb 05, 2021 05:55:57 pm

Pumped for this..

;D, I so wish you are right, for once! ;-)

Me too.

Come on you reds.  ;D
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #63: Feb 05, 2021 06:04:56 pm
      No fixture between November 8th and 21st, not that long ago that he should forget

think that was due to international games
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #64: Feb 05, 2021 06:05:35 pm

Is that when they suddenly couldn't fulfill fixtures due to Covid? When other clubs had to in similar circumstances?
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2021 06:28:55 pm by srslfc »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #65: Feb 05, 2021 06:10:11 pm
      I'd that when they suddenly couldn't fulfill fixtures due to Covid? When other clubs had to in similar circumstances?

Not even sure what the point of the disagreement is. Reminds of two drunk guys arguing at closing time over what color a car is. One says it is red and the other insists that it is...red.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #66: Feb 05, 2021 06:48:11 pm
      You got your LFC kit ironed already Keith ?
      Good lad 🤣🤣
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #67: Feb 05, 2021 07:09:17 pm
      Not even sure what the point of the disagreement is. Reminds of two drunk guys arguing at closing time over what color a car is. One says it is red and the other insists that it is...red.

I think the Boss is pointing out the fact City couldn’t play a competitive match due to injuries under the cover of COVID..they resumed training 2 days later..

It’s a psychological war on Peps preparations..we know he can’t get us out his head as we are the only ones to hurt them..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #68: Feb 05, 2021 07:13:08 pm
      You got your LFC kit ironed already Keith ?
      Good lad 🤣🤣

Not sure I'd go that far Jim.  ;D

Quick Reply