Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man City Sunday 7th Feb 16:30 Kick Off

Read 10065 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Man City Sunday 7th Feb 16:30 Kick Off
      Reply #69: Feb 05, 2021 07:40:03 pm
      You got your LFC kit ironed already Keith ?
      Good lad 🤣🤣

Once Sunday has passed I’ll be digging out my 2012 Man City shirt. I don’t think we can win it, I don’t think (but hope they can) Leicester can win it and if it’s a two horse race between city and united I’m city every time.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #70: Feb 05, 2021 07:53:26 pm
      Once Sunday has passed I’ll be digging out my 2012 Man City shirt. I don’t think we can win it, I don’t think (but hope they can) Leicester can win it and if it’s a two horse race between city and united I’m city every time.

Anything short of a win and it's Mission Impossible to retain the title, so 3 points are a must.

We dropped 8 out of 9 points to Burnley, Brom and Brighton, all of which are bottom-5/6 in the league.....AT HOME....that is inexcusable.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #71: Feb 05, 2021 07:54:42 pm

What an admission 😳
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #72: Feb 05, 2021 07:55:47 pm

I feel no shame in admitted I cheered when that aguerooooo goal went in. And if it happens this season I’ll cheer (not so loudly) again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #73: Feb 05, 2021 07:58:55 pm

Leicester can't win it (( on paper )) their simply not good enough, same applies to United. If city win Sunday then they shud really go in to win it unless a serious meltdown comes from out of the blue.... Excuse the pun.  ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #74: Feb 05, 2021 08:18:45 pm
      I've got a PDF copy of the match programme on my phone, so, if anybody wants it just DM me your number and I'll whats app it over
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #75: Feb 05, 2021 08:19:34 pm
      Leicester can't win it (( on paper )) their simply not good enough, same applies to United. If city win Sunday then they shud really go in to win it unless a serious meltdown comes from out of the blue.... Excuse the pun.  ;D

City are stand out, but this Leicester team is probably better than the one that won it under ranieri. And united have won the league in the past (admittedly under SAF) with teams that were not as good as their challengers... on paper at least.
      You never know in football. Our 2005 champions league success with djimi Traore show that sometimes you just need a bit of luck and a bit of momentum.

And I have nothing against you by the way! I noticed you are a united fan. But I have 19 premier league teams I would rather win the title than you guys!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #76: Feb 05, 2021 08:36:15 pm
      I feel no shame in admitted I cheered when that aguerooooo goal went in. And if it happens this season I’ll cheer (not so loudly) again.

Always find it strange cheering other teams goals but that might be just me.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #77: Feb 05, 2021 08:55:37 pm
      City are stand out, but this Leicester team is probably better than the one that won it under ranieri. And united have won the league in the past (admittedly under SAF) with teams that were not as good as their challengers... on paper at least.
      You never know in football. Our 2005 champions league success with djimi Traore show that sometimes you just need a bit of luck and a bit of momentum.

And I have nothing against you by the way! I noticed you are a united fan. But I have 19 premier league teams I would rather win the title than you guys!

Difference of opinion re Leicester.  Man City seem to of gone in over drive since Christmas and looking very good as we agree. It's true you never know for sure, if Leicester can win it then maybe, just maybe we have a chance too.  ;D

I'm not offended in away at all about your comments re United. Like you I'd also want City to win the league so less chance of you catching our record.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #78: Feb 05, 2021 08:58:28 pm
      Always find it strange cheering other teams goals but that might be just me.

Always thought it was pretty standard when you didn't want a rival to win.   :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #79: Feb 05, 2021 09:01:14 pm
      Always thought it was pretty standard when you didn't want a rival to win.   :D

Yea being happy I get but actively cheering another side to win?

Don't get it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #80: Feb 05, 2021 09:09:08 pm

Don't get it.

Pending who the side was I think you could, espically if it was a minnow  ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #81: Feb 05, 2021 09:20:11 pm
      I've got a PDF copy of the match programme on my phone, so, if anybody wants it just DM me your number and I'll whats app it over

Hopefully this link should work for that

https://en.calameo.com/read/0044497158e802625353c?authid=HWxUWmooIZqm
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #82: Feb 05, 2021 09:41:51 pm

Don't get it.

It’s easy to get. How much joy did united fans (and other clubs) get when Gerrard slipped.
      If united or city played against Dortmund in champions league final I would cheer if Dortmund scored. Not the same as when origi scored against spurs in the final but I would cheer.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #83: Feb 05, 2021 09:45:18 pm
      Difference of opinion re Leicester.  Man City seem to of gone in over drive since Christmas and looking very good as we agree. It's true you never know for sure, if Leicester can win it then maybe, just maybe we have a chance too.  ;D

I'm not offended in away at all about your comments re United. Like you I'd also want City to win the league so less chance of you catching our record.

Ah yes. That record. In the spirit of Keegan I would love it if we got to 21 first....

Incidentally, I actually have more respect for united than I do city. I dislike everything about city and have no respect at all. But united are a true rival. A natural rival. Not some dolled up lottery winner.
      Like the evil twin.
      City are insignificant to me, I couldn’t care less if they won anything, unless it stops us from winning it, or prevents you from winning it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #84: Feb 05, 2021 10:44:07 pm
      Ah yes. That record. In the spirit of Keegan I would love it if we got to 21 first....

Incidentally, I actually have more respect for united than I do city. I dislike everything about city and have no respect at all. But united are a true rival. A natural rival. Not some dolled up lottery winner.
      Like the evil twin.
      City are insignificant to me, I couldn’t care less if they won anything, unless it stops us from winning it, or prevents you from winning it.

Don't think I'll ever forget that day when  Keegan said that  ;D The press was on that one like flys over sh*t.  :lmao:  Always surprises that the forum don't mention him in the legend category more often. He was exceptional in the 70s until KK took over in the late 70s I think. He certainly knew where the net was and scored some world class goals at that time. I actually liked him for a Liverpool player.  ;D

City fans are quite evil and obviously hate us with a passion but I also noticed they have a go at every fan base if you don't support them, quite nasty really. We will always be their main rivals in the fans eyes and it annoys them when most United fans class Liverpool as the main rivals and not them.  ;D

We're in the same boat re respect. Liverpool deserve being respected and have earned that, city got long long way to go before even hitting the radar in that department, fortunately won't happen in my life time.  :lmao:

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #85: Feb 05, 2021 10:47:15 pm
      Manc love fest 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #86: Feb 05, 2021 10:59:40 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #87: Feb 05, 2021 11:37:19 pm
      I see from training photos and video that Milner did not participate today. Doubt he would have started but would have expected him on the bench.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #88: Feb 06, 2021 07:30:52 am
      Mane and Fabinho back in the training video we will murder these!
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #89: Feb 06, 2021 09:10:00 am

If we can't win it i'd rather a proper football club like Leicester win it instead of cheating City or the EPL favourites Utd (42 pens in all comps since OGS took over)i despise both clubs.As for Jürgen's mind games/negativity just concentrate on preparing the team for the games,most of the headlines for Liverpool this season has been about Jürgen's media interviews,whether Jürgen is trying to deflect how rubbish we have been this season on the pitch i don't know but negativity of any kind is never good/helpful.I want Fab(if fit) and Hendo back in midfield as i expect Pep to play no number 9 (Jesus on the bench)and try and keep the game tight,apart from a handful of games city haven't scored many compared to previous seasons where they were smashing teams 5 and 6 but there defence has been unbelievable.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #90: Feb 06, 2021 09:30:01 am
      Even playing at an empty Anfield ADFC will have their extra absorbent nappies on. Pip has already succumbed to the mildest of head games from Jürgen. Come on you mighty Reds!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #91: Feb 06, 2021 10:38:08 am
      think that was due to international games

Wel Jurgens talking sh*te so 😁

Quick Reply